Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
Jim in CT

more bad polling for democrats

ABC, not foxnews, says the republican lead among registered voters a year before the midterms, is the largest they’ve seen in 40 years.

But a year is a long, long way off.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...sing-inflation
Old 11-17-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
scottw

the 46% still confident in biden's mental fitness need their mental fitness questioned

"Nearly half of voters are questioning President Biden’s mental fitness a year into his first term, according to a new poll.

Forty-six percent of voters are confident in Biden’s mental fitness while 48 percent are not, according to new poll conducted by Politico/Morning Consult. The 2-point margin represents a drop from October 2020, when voters had faith in Biden’s cognitive function by an overwhelming 21-point margin."
Old 11-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the 46% still confident in biden's mental fitness need their mental fitness questioned

"Nearly half of voters are questioning President Biden’s mental fitness a year into his first term, according to a new poll.

Forty-six percent of voters are confident in Biden’s mental fitness while 48 percent are not, according to new poll conducted by Politico/Morning Consult. The 2-point margin represents a drop from October 2020, when voters had faith in Biden’s cognitive function by an overwhelming 21-point margin."
As opposed to the smartest president ever, who talked all the time about infrastructure funding coming and did nothing. I'd rather see a guy still suffering to some extent to his stuttering problem, who is getting up there in age, but still able to get a very important deal done; one which will help EVERYONE in the country and create jobs.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:28 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
As opposed to the smartest president ever, who talked all the time about infrastructure funding coming and did nothing. I'd rather see a guy still suffering to some extent to his stuttering problem, who is getting up there in age, but still able to get a very important deal done; one which will help EVERYONE in the country and create jobs.
who called trump the smartest president ever, exactly?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-17-2021, 12:47 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
He called himself that

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-17-2021, 01:15 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
He called himself that
ok.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:53 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Trump of course.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:06 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump of course.
I agree that Trump gets a big, fat F for not passing infastructure when he could have.

But he did plenty that helped huge numbers of Americans.

Trump helped get unemployment to a generational low. I hope the infastructure deal does this and more, but it hasn't created a lot of jobs yet. Obama spent 750B on a stimulus bill that was a flop. SO let's see what happens, I am very optimistic, enough where I bought stock in companies that ought to benefit (Catepillar), if its done well.

Trump cut federal tax rates in every single income tax bracket. So unless you live in a blue state with really high state/local taxes, or unless your situation changed a lot, you got a tax cut.

By the time Trump left, we were already vaccinating 980,000 people a day. Obviously that number increased as we had time to expand teh infastructure. But like Trump or hate him, we got the vaccine infastructure up and running with impressive efficiency. Trump built it, Biden did a good job expanding it.

Trump slashed the corporate tax rate. So if you work for any American company, or if you ever buy anything from an American company, this helped you. Liberals love to deny that what's good for companies is generally good for everyone. But it's true.
Old 11-17-2021, 03:28 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I agree that Trump gets a big, fat F for not passing infastructure when he could have.

But he did plenty that helped huge numbers of Americans.

Trump helped get unemployment to a generational low. I hope the infastructure deal does this and more, but it hasn't created a lot of jobs yet. Obama spent 750B on a stimulus bill that was a flop. SO let's see what happens, I am very optimistic, enough where I bought stock in companies that ought to benefit (Catepillar), if its done well.

Trump cut federal tax rates in every single income tax bracket. So unless you live in a blue state with really high state/local taxes, or unless your situation changed a lot, you got a tax cut.

By the time Trump left, we were already vaccinating 980,000 people a day. Obviously that number increased as we had time to expand teh infastructure. But like Trump or hate him, we got the vaccine infastructure up and running with impressive efficiency. Trump built it, Biden did a good job expanding it.

Trump slashed the corporate tax rate. So if you work for any American company, or if you ever buy anything from an American company, this helped you. Liberals love to deny that what's good for companies is generally good for everyone. But it's true.
So your a big believer in the trickle down economic theory I see. The upper crust made out, your fooling yourself if you think ALL Americans benefited from Trumps tax cuts.

On the whole, low-income families appear to have received the least savings, while high-income families saved the most. Middle-class families saw mixed results. The biggest winners from Trump’s tax cuts were probably businesses.

How many of those businesses passed on those savings in the way of higher wages or lower prices on goods, I’d bet the majority were all smiles come tax day. You are still under the assumption that Trump cared about every American, he was mostly looking out for himself, his family interests and the upper crust he so wanted to be part of and viewed as the best businessman EVER.
Old 11-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
So your a big believer in the trickle down economic theory I see. The upper crust made out, your fooling yourself if you think ALL Americans benefited from Trumps tax cuts.

On the whole, low-income families appear to have received the least savings, while high-income families saved the most. Middle-class families saw mixed results. The biggest winners from Trump’s tax cuts were probably businesses.

How many of those businesses passed on those savings in the way of higher wages or lower prices on goods, I’d bet the majority were all smiles come tax day. You are still under the assumption that Trump cared about every American, he was mostly looking out for himself, his family interests and the upper crust he so wanted to be part of and viewed as the best businessman EVER.
"So your a big believer in the trickle down economic theory I see. "

I believe that when a corporation is allowed to keep a lot more of its gross profit, that's better for employees and customers, than if the employer wasn't allowed to retain more of its gross profit. You can argue that too much goes to wealthy executives, and I'm sure in many cases you'd be right. But the fact is, after Trump lowered corporate taxes, unemployment dropped to levels not seen in decades, and inflation stayed pretty close to zero, and there were plenty of companies who announced that that were investing and growing specifically as a a result of Trumps policies.

I also believe that if a rich person buys a yacht with his tax cut for example, not every cent of that goes to the CEO of the yacht company. Someone manufactured all the parts of the boat, someone builds the boat, someone paints the bottom, someone delivers the boat, someone insurers the boat, someone shrink-wraps the boat, someone installs the electronics, etc. There is benefit to not-billionaires. So there cannot fail to be some trickle-down. Rich people don't bury all their money in their backyards.

" The upper crust made out, your fooling yourself if you think ALL Americans benefited from Trumps tax cuts. "

I said most. I saved over 200/month. Everyone with kids who are dependents on their tax returns, for sure got helped. They greatly expanded the child tax credits. I'm sorry if the truth doesn't fit your narrative

Bidens plan would expand SALT deductions to 80,000 a year. You tell me, what's the economic status of people who pay $80,000 a year in state and local taxes? Why is Biden giving them help?

The liberal obsession with the wealthy...never fails to become part of the conversation, never makes any sense whatsoever.

"How many of those businesses passed on those savings in the way of higher wages or lower prices on goods,"

More than you think did, less than Trump thinks did. There were plenty of companies who announced new jobs, bonuses, etc...Again, I'm truly sorry if the facts don't serve your agenda.

"You are still under the assumption that Trump cared about every American"

I don't know if he truly cared. But his policies helped everybody. Maybe Bidens will too. The difference between you and I is this...if Biden helps as many Americans as Trump did, I will be the very first to admit it. But none of you lefties can admit the benefits of Trumps policies.

I get a few hundred every month now, thanks to Bidens expansion of the child tax credits. It helps a lot. So does my Trump tax cut.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:33 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Oddly lots of Americans who contribute much to the economy disagree with Jim’s view of the world

In 2016, we wrote that the 2,584 counties that Trump won generated just 36% of the country’s economic output, whereas the 472 counties Hillary Clinton carried equated to almost two-thirds of the nation’s aggregate economy.

A similar analysis for last week’s election shows these trends continuing, albeit with a different political outcome. This time, Biden’s winning base in 509 counties encompasses fully 71% of America’s economic activity, while Trump’s losing base of 2,547 counties represents just 29% of the economy.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:26 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oddly lots of Americans who contribute much to the economy disagree with Jim’s view of the world

In 2016, we wrote that the 2,584 counties that Trump won generated just 36% of the country’s economic output, whereas the 472 counties Hillary Clinton carried equated to almost two-thirds of the nation’s aggregate economy.

A similar analysis for last week’s election shows these trends continuing, albeit with a different political outcome. This time, Biden’s winning base in 509 counties encompasses fully 71% of America’s economic activity, while Trump’s losing base of 2,547 counties represents just 29% of the economy.
so rich people are more important?

you’re right, ten years ago, the gop was the party of the wealthy tycoons. that changed very, very rapidly.

you guys go on and on about the evils of rich people, now you’re saying they’re more important, or trustworthy, or their values are what matters?

i’m very, very comfortable being on the side of the regular guy. you can have the elites, Pete. i’d rather hang out with a fireman or an electrician than a tech tycoon or a college sociology professor.

Yeah, you really have me on the ropes with that statistic.

based on your post, can we stop spreading the myth that the democrats are the party of the little guy?

we have wayne and GS saying the gop only cares about the rich, now you’re criticizing the gop because the democrats have the rich people under their tent.

talk about wanting to have it both ways!

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-17-2021 at 08:35 PM..
Old 11-17-2021, 08:56 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

read above, in pete’s last post, he posts facts that make it clear that democrats are now the party of the wealthy and powerful. it used to be that the gop was the home of the rich. not anymore..

if you’re saying the gop ignores the little guy to enrich the wealthy, and pete has facts that the wealthy overwhelmingly voted for democrats…well, you can’t both be right. and guess what? he’s right. the democrats have the zillionaires in both coasts. the gop is popular among the little guys in flyover country.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:46 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

So it looks like the trickle down theory is alive and well in Jim’s mind.
The corporate tax cut along with tax policies and regulations did great things for people in flyover country, because corporations have really helped most Americans.
Now they can shop at Walmart (anycorp) and save money, while oblivious to the fact that their dollars almost entirely head straight out of town.
That’s why he’s hanging out with the fireman and electrician, because all the small business owners are gone. Apparently he hasn’t been to flyover country
Old 11-18-2021, 06:29 AM   #15
Jim in CT

pete, nice pivot! i caught you stating the truth that democrats are now the petty of the economically powerful.

then you complain about all the corporate wrongdoing in america.

well pete, try to follow your own posts here…

(1) you said the overwhelming majority of economically powerful people
i’m the US vote democrat now ( which is true.)

(2) you say huge corporations have done meaningful damage to small businesses in america ( which is true).

Yet you club me with this? sorry, based on your first point here, you said the economically powerful are all democrats. and the democrats currently run the federal government. so how can the fault
lie with anyone other than the democrats?

Biden and the democrats could
fix this if they wanted. they won’t, because they whored themselves out to the people who did the damage you spoke of.

Christ did you inadvertently did yourself into a hole!

Bitch. Slapped.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:

pete, nice pivot! i caught you stating the truth that democrats are now the petty of the economically powerful.

leftist are perfectly content with a leftist authoritarian state....
Old 11-18-2021, 06:53 AM   #17
scottw

heh...heh....when you don't get the answer you were expecting....she was so gleeful thinking she was going to corner trump as an authoritarian....oopsie,,,

Old 11-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
leftist are perfectly content with a leftist authoritarian state....
but while pete is saying that the democrats now are the party of those who run the economy ( and he’s right), wayne and GS are banging the drum that the gop only cares about rich people. which is it?
Old 11-18-2021, 06:56 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:
but while pete is saying that the democrats now are the party of those who run the economy ( and he’s right), wayne and GS are banging the drum that the gop only cares about rich people. which is it?
they confuse themselves a lot...it's pretty funny
Old 11-18-2021, 07:27 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
they confuse themselves a lot...it's pretty funny
so all the people who run our economy are democrats. and elected democrats control the federal government currently. but somehow it’s all the republicans fault that big business hurts the little guy.

That’s some fine logic there.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:28 AM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I don’t live inside Pete’s head like you two do, nor did my post talk about how the wealthy vote, it was about Trumps tax break favoring the wealthy. How about addressing the clear obstructionist MO of all but 13 of the GOP, regardless of the good it would do for their own constituents. Your party is all about making ANYTHING the other party proposes fail, that effort is sort of a mirror of your goal on this board, showing anything the other side states to be wrong; regardless of whether your arguments are BS. You take that Job seriously, while your snarky sidekick only occasionally adds anything other than his childish one liners. And DeBarr is so stuck in way back land, I picture him in a white wig and holding a revolutionary war long rifle.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:41 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

Your party is all about making ANYTHING the other party proposes fail
musta missed #resist
Old 11-18-2021, 07:43 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

I don’t live inside Pete’s head like you two do
it has padded walls

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-18-2021 at 08:06 AM..
Old 11-18-2021, 07:45 AM   #24
scottw

Quote:
I don’t live inside Pete’s head like you two do, nor did my post talk about how the wealthy vote, it was about Trumps tax break favoring the wealthy. How about addressing the clear obstructionist MO of all but 13 of the GOP, regardless of the good it would do for their own constituents. Your party is all about making ANYTHING the other party proposes fail, that effort is sort of a mirror of your goal on this board, showing anything the other side states to be wrong; regardless of whether your arguments are BS. You take that Job seriously, while your snarky sidekick only occasionally adds anything other than his childish one liners. And DeBarr is so stuck in way back land, I picture him in a white wig and holding a revolutionary war long rifle.
someone jumped right up on their pedestal bright and early...
Old 11-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
so reading his posts, is having him
live inside my head. gotcha.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:23 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
how many democrats voted for the trump tax cuts, which also helped everyone in some way? were you complaining about that? i completely agree with you that the blind obstruction prevents good things from getting done. but both sides do it.

the wealtny always make out better then everyone else. Always. It’s only a problem for most people, when the other party is in the white house.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-18-2021 at 08:42 AM..
Old 11-18-2021, 11:03 AM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
And DeBarr is so stuck in way back land, I picture him in a white wig and holding a revolutionary war long rifle.
I got a chuckle out of that. Let me discard my computer, throw away my Mizuno golf clubs and Bridgestone golf balls, trade my car in for a horse, move into a log house with a cozy fireplace, then sing Yankee Doodle and give you the finger.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-18-2021 at 11:13 AM..
Old 11-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

then you complain about all the corporate wrongdoing in america.

well pete, try to follow your own posts here…

(1) you said the overwhelming majority of economically powerful people
i’m the US vote democrat now ( which is true.)

(2) you say huge corporations have done meaningful damage to small businesses in america ( which is true).

Yet you club me with this? sorry, based on your first point here, you said the economically powerful are all democrats. and the democrats currently run the federal government. so how can the fault
lie with anyone other than the democrats?

Biden and the democrats could
fix this if they wanted. they won’t, because they whored themselves out to the people who did the damage you spoke of.

Christ did you inadvertently did yourself into a hole!

Bitch. Slapped.
Hmm, the Koch brothers are now Democrats

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2021, 12:21 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hmm, the Koch brothers are now Democrats
just to be clear, you’re bragging that the wealthiest americans are overwhelmingly voting democrat? because liberals spend a lot of energy and time, demonizing the wealthy.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:22 PM   #30
Jim in CT

meanwhile more dismal
polling for the democrats. but a LOT will
change in the next 12 months.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mor...-congress-poll