Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
LT. DAN 2

Why I Won't Vote For OBAMA

Why a Christian Can Not Vote for Obama

The below was written by Huntley Brown and I agree with many parts (but not all) of his point of view.......and yes Spence I am affected by some subjects I read especially in the religious realm..

Huntley Brown is a fabulous concert pianist, man of God and is a black man.

Why I Can't Vote For Obama

By Huntley Brown

Dear Friends,

First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.

Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness.

I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms He does because He is the leader.

I can't vote black because I am black, I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won't be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few, wrong economic concerns will soon not matter.

We need to follow Martin Luther King's words, don't judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don't know Obama so all I can go off is his voting record.

His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in the US Senate in 2007.

NATIONAL JOURNAL: Obama: Most Liberal Senator in 2007 (01/31/2008)

To beat Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes some doing. Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would happen to America if he had four years to work with.

There is a reason Planned Parenthood gives him a 100 % rating.

There is a reason the homosexual community supports him.

There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc. love him.

There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the Supreme Court.

There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill.

There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.

There is a reason he voted No on banning partial birth abortion.

There is a reason he voted No on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito. These two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue.

Let's take a look at the practice he wanted to continue.

THE 5 STEP PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION PROCEDURE

A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the (live) baby's leg with forceps.

B. The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.

C. The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.

D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole.

E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed. God help him.

There is a reason Obama opposed the parental notification law.

Think about this: you can't give a kid an aspirin without parental notification but that same kid can have an abortion without parental notification. This is insane.

There is a reason he went to Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years.

Obama tells us he has good judgment but he sat under Jeremiah Wright teaching for 20 years. Now he is condemning Wright's sermons. I wonder why now?

Obama said Jeremiah Wright led him to the Lord and discipled him. A disciple is one in training. Jesus told us in Matthew 28:19 - 20 'Go and make disciples of all nations.' This means reproduce yourself. Teach people to think like you, walk like you, talk like you believe what you believe etc. The question I have is what did Jeremiah Wright teach him?

Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a:

1. Commitment to the White Community

2. Commitment to the White Family

3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic

4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community.

5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions

6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System

7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

Would you support a President who went to a church like that?

Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside.

This kind of church is a racist church. Obama did not wake up after 20 years and just discovered he went to a racist church. The church can't be about race. Jesus did not come for any particular race. He came for the whole world.

A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if it's a white church or a black church it's still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.

Obama's former Pastor Jeremiah Wright is a disciple of liberal theologian James Cone, author of the 1970 book A Black Theology of Liberation. Cone once wrote: 'Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him.

Cone is the man Obama's mentor looks up to. Does Obama believe this?

So what does all this mean for the nation?

In the past when the Lord brought someone with the beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing - judgment.

Read 1 Samuel 8 when Israel asked for a king.

First God says in 1 Samuel 1:9 'Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do.'

Then God says

1 Samuel 1:18 ' When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.' 19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. 'No!' they said. 'We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.' 21 When Samuel heard all that the

People said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, 'Listen to them and give them a king.'

Here is what we know for sure.

God is not schizophrenic

He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and one to vote for McCain. As the scripture says, a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many people are not hearing from God.

Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it.

For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look God in the face and say; Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion. He might have to nominate three or four Supreme Court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you. I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy.

I could not see Jesus agreeing with many of Obama's positions. Finally I have two questions for all my liberal friends.

Since we know someone's value system has to be placed on the nation,

1. Whose value system should be placed on the nation?

2. Who should determine that this is the right value system for the nation?

Blessings,

Huntley Brown
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
zacs
D'oh

i bent my wookie
Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Nebe

Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Why can't someone from a red state post this? I mean c'mon. Just give up already.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
stripersnipr

Be prepared to be laughed at and called a racist by His followers, Dan. If you keep it up you can expect far worse.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Old 10-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
Nebe

no... I laugh because dan needs to THINK FOR HIMSELF!!!! It seems many can not do this..
Old 10-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Its OK to Not vote for Obama and NOT be called a racist ....and its OK to vote for Obama and STILL be called a Christian.

Race and religion shouldn't come into play.....

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-22-2008 at 07:15 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. DAN 2 View Post
The below was written by Huntley Brown and I agree with many parts (but not all) of his point of view.......and yes Spence I am affected by some subjects I read especially in the religious realm..
It's an interesting opinion, though he could stand to be a little better informed on some issues.

But the last time I checked, Barak Obama was a Christian himself. Does this mean that Barak can't even cast a ballot in his own name? I think a more apt title might be, "why a social conservative Christian can not vote for Obama."

I'm not going to expect a social conservative to rationalize a vote on abortion issues for instance, but all things considered, I'd wager good money that Jesus would be radical Liberal by todays standards. He certianly was by the standards 2000 years ago.

-spence
Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
rhahn427

Wow ........ so someone will vote for McCain ...........
Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #10
Nebe

jesus was a democrat.. the romans were republicans.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #11
mekcotuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Its OK to Not vote for Obama and NOT be called a racist ....and its OK to vote for Obama and STILL be called a Christian.

Race and religion shouldn't come into play.....
very well put!

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Note: I am not religious at ALL.

However, my sister is a devout Christian and she cannot in good conscience vote for anyone that supports abortion. She believes that is 100% against the teachings of her church.

For most Americans, religion, particularly Catholics in America, choose what to follow and believe in as oppsoed to following church law. there is no "choice" you do or you dont.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

hmm
http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/oba...22/143157.html

Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post

However, my sister is a devout Christian and she cannot in good conscience vote for anyone that supports abortion. She believes that is 100% against the teachings of her church.

For most Americans, religion, particularly Catholics in America, choose what to follow and believe in as oppsoed to following church law. there is no "choice" you do or you dont.
Thats where there should be a choice;
It is too often all or nothing with religious beliefs.
It is not my thing, but if you want to believe in God, go for it. BUT when it closes your minds, and doesn't give you the flexibility to make decisions on what to believe, I have issues.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #15
Nebe

Quote:

Your sister has her head in the sand.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #16
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Abortion does not affect my wallet, how I pay my bills, earn a living, how much we pay in taxes, cost of food, home heating oil, gasoline!!! I could give a rats a$$ about a candidates abortion beliefs!! I am pro choice on that....it should be up to the individual and her circumstances......not some politician who has better things to do and more important things to worry about!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #17
Bronko

Wow... this post ruffled the moonbats.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

I am a Catholic and a Member of the Knights of Columbus........I also realize that God gave me a brain for a reason.....and that is to think and make my OWN Decisions....whether they be good or bad. (and trust me, I've made some bad ones in my life)

Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #20
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I am a Catholic and a Member of the Knights of Columbus........I also realize that God gave me a brain for a reason.....and that is to think and make my OWN Decisions....whether they be good or bad. (and trust me, I've made some bad ones in my life)
Dad and Nebe, God is one thing, religion is another.
There is no menu on the Catholic religion. Its all or nothing, not my laws, its the Catholics. I went to catholic school since I was 2nd grade and catholic high school. I do not follow their religion now. However, the law is law.
Not for me to judge, how can you be a catholic and not believe what a catholic is? American catholics like to think they have choice, but thats not the case, its black and white.

Vatican City (LifeNews.com) -- The Catholic Church has produced a new document for bishops across the world to examine that says Catholics who support legalized abortion should refrain from taking communion because they are out of step with church teachings.
The Vatican said pro-abortion Catholics are not taking their faith seriously and those who take communion and support abortion are behaving in a scandalous manner.

"Some receive communion while denying the teachings of the Church or publicly supporting immoral choices in life, such as abortion, without thinking that they are committing an act of grave personal dishonesty and causing scandal," the document says.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #21
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Abortion does not affect my wallet, how I pay my bills, earn a living, how much we pay in taxes, cost of food, home heating oil, gasoline!!! I could give a rats a$$ about a candidates abortion beliefs!! I am pro choice on that....it should be up to the individual and her circumstances......not some politician who has better things to do and more important things to worry about!!!
I agree 100%

Old 10-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #22
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

no choice -

Under Vatican ruling, abortion triggers automatic excommunication
By JOHN L. ALLEN JR.
Rome

Under a 1988 Vatican ruling, “abortion” is defined as any method used to terminate a pregnancy from the moment of conception. Abortion thus understood is always illicit, according to the official discipline of the Catholic church, and can trigger excommunication for the parties involved.

The church’s condemnation of abortion includes not only interventions to remove a fetus before birth, but the use of all abortifacients, including intrauterine devices and certain types of birth control pills that prevent implantation or stimulate uterine contractions to reject a fertilized egg. It also encompasses drugs such as RU486, called the abortion pill, which provokes miscarriages by blocking progesterone in the first weeks of pregnancy.

This expansive standard is expressed in a May 23, 1988, ruling from the Pontifical Council for the Interpretation of Legislative Texts, the Vatican office charged with authoritative interpretations of canon law. The council was responding to a dubium, or request for clarification, from a bishop on canon 1398, which stipulates excommunication as the penalty for abortion.

The ban on abortion, in the sense of the deliberate termination of a pregnancy, is absolute.

So Nebe, although my sister may have her head in the sand. She is following the ruling of her church, something many people choose not to do. Its a personal choice for her, and one I respect.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #23
scottw

Obama is a resume Christian... he joined Wright's church to establish a voting block in his district and he was probably amused by the hateful rantings that agreed with his world view...I'm guessing he subscribes more to the "religeon is the opiate of the masses" school... .

I've decided to vote Obama...

I run my own small business and have a wife and three kids...

if Obama is elected I wont have to pay for health insurance anymore...it will be free and outstanding....

I will be getting a tax cut along with 95% of everyone except the disgusting top 5%...hopefully it occurs faster than Clinton's middle-class tax cut....still waiting....

my 3 children are going to go to college for free if Obama is elected so I can stop saving for that future expense.....

Obama will have Bill Ayers improve the public schools so that I can stop paying for my kids to go to private school...I will save a bundle there...

I expect to get a check for retroactive reimbursement for universal daycare and pre-K....retroactive to when Obama first proposed it 20 months ago....in a country as rich as America noone should have to pay for the care of their own children......

Obama will save and increase Social Security along with saving the world so I no longer need to save for my retirement....

I'm cutting back my hours from 7 days a week for countless years now to 4 days a week like they do in France...I can use the other three days to go to my State Capitol or Washington to protest and picket the government over my dissatisfaction of promised government services...like they do in Europe

I'm reducing my income to just enough to pay my mortgage and I might even stop paying that to see if the government will bail me out....noone should lose their house...

reducing my income should make me eligible for all kinds of government subsidies...food stamps-my kids should be eating right....fuel oil and electricity bill assistance....I'm sure there's much more to be found once I figure out the "SYSTEM"

I want Obama to raise the death tax to 99%...noone should be allowed to accumulate wealth while there are some people that have none...the 1% that you get to keep is for burial expenses...Adios

VOTE OBAMA...SUPPORT THE NEW AMERICAN DREAM !!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

All religions tell you how it should be....Nobody follows it to the letter. Nobody

I never said I was a Good Catholic

and I bet if I went to my Priest and said I voted for somebody that supported abortion and wanted to be excommunicated.....he'd try his best to talk me out of it.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #25
Nebe

There is no santa claus.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #26
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
ScottW....you think Obama is going to cut taxes??? In this economy???!!! We just upped the national debt. by a trillion dollars the past month....who is going to pay that??? When Obama says he is going to cut taxes....thats what you call a a"campaign promise".......it amounts to a hill of bull caca! You are not going to see any tax cuts mark my words.....what you will see is more taxes and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #27
Flaptail

Cool

Seperation of church and state, isn't that called for in our constitution?

The Christian fundamentalist movement is a business, a money making machine, Creflo Dollar (I just luv that name) preaches that through his ministry and being born again it wil bring your prosperity thriough Christ in the form of spiritual healing and manifest itself into personal wealth meaning money and material things. It sure has worked for him, he lives in a multi million dollar home(s) and drives a couple Rolls-Royces, 1000 dollar suits and 12000 dollar watches.

Praise Jesus Y'all!!!!!'

If this country, as Jerry Falwell wanted is someday under the control of Born again Christian Fundamentalists then kiss free thought goodbye, kiss privacy and free speech goodbye, independent thought in based on scinece fact rather than religious science fiction.

If that happens I ahope I am either dead or able to leave, in sadness, what was once this great nation.

Christian fundamentalist takeover of the goverment is equal to what Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida wnat for Saudi Arabia, Afgahnistan and other middle east countries.

The bible, though it has some good lessons on a few things is for the most part a fable, deived from some ancient text and perverted into what ever was needed and however it could be said to control large parts of a mostly uneducated population in the middle ages and since it worked then is still mostly unchanged since.

Feed then to the lions while it is not to late.

I know God, and this isn't the way he planned it.

Why even try.........
Old 10-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #28
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail View Post

If this country, as Jerry Falwell wanted is someday under the control of Born again Christian Fundamentalists then kiss free thought goodbye, kiss privacy and free speech goodbye, independent thought in based on scinece fact rather than religious science fiction.
Flap, what do you mean 'IF'? It is.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #29
EarnedStripes44

Obama probably wont need your vote, blacks are coming out in record numbers. In Tennessee's Shelby county where voting has already begun, there predicting 85% voter turnout among the brothers. What will we do now, the little people are actually participating in the political process and Bush used all the wild cards in 2000.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #30
EarnedStripes44

Creflo Dolla-Dolla-Bill-Yall also has a helicopter and its painted gold. You should see the way that Atlanta smog parts as he descends from the heavens.