Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #121
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I can't beleive in this day and age, the Gov (and his STAFF!) fell for this...
pretty funny, even though he really didn't say much of anything controversal....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #122
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I can't beleive in this day and age, the Gov (and his STAFF!) fell for this...
pretty funny, even though he really didn't say much of anything controversal....
yes, Murphy is a very funny guy and the newest darling of the unions and the left media

The Wisconsin chapter of the AFL-CIO has released a new television advertisement that highlights portions of a recorded prank call conversation between Gov. Scott Walker and a liberal writer impersonating industrialist David Koch.

Since the prank call, the Koch impersonator has been identified as Ian Murphy, a liberal writer from Buffalo, N.Y.

MSNBC‘s Lawrence O’Donnell seemed happy to shine to the limelight on Murphy Wednesday evening during a primetime interview. However, the left should be wary in crowning Murphy as their new hero. Murphy’s writings at his Buffalo Beast publication are downright despicable. In one article, titled “F**k the Troops,” Murphy unleashes a tirade against American service members serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, characterizing them as rapists who “volunteer to murder people.”

(Warning: excerpt contains graphic language.)

So, 4000 rubes are dead. Cry me the Tigris. Another 30,000 have been seriously wounded. Boo #^&#^&#^&#^&ing hoo. They got what they asked for—and cool robotic limbs, too.

Likely, just reading the above paragraph made you uncomfortable. But why?

The benevolence of America’s “troops” is sacrosanct. Questioning their rectitude simply isn’t done. It’s the forbidden zone. We may rail against this tragic war, but our soldiers are lauded by all as saints. Why? They volunteered to partake in this savage idiocy, and for this they deserve our utmost respect? I think not.

The nearly two-thirds of us who know this war is bull#^&#^&#^&#^& need to stop s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off the troops. They get enough action raping female soldiers and sodomizing Iraqi detainees. The political left is intent on “supporting” the troops by bringing them home, which is a good thing. But after rightly denouncing the administration’s lies and condemning this awful war, relatively sensible pundits—like Keith Olbermann—turn around and lovingly praise the soldiers’ brave service to the country. Why?

What service are they providing? I don’t remember ordering 300,000 dead Iraqis—although I was doing a lot of heavy narcotics back in ‘03. Our soldiers are not providing a service to the country, they’re providing a service to a criminal administration and their oil company cronies. When a mafia don orders a hit, is the assassin absolved of personal responsibility when it’s carried out? Of course not. What if the hit man was fooled into service? We’d all say, “Tough #^&#^&#^&#^&, you dumb Guido,” then lock him up and throw away the key.

As a society, we need to discard our blind deference to military service. There’s nothing admirable about volunteering to murder people. There’s nothing admirable about being rooked by obvious propaganda. There’s nothing admirable about doing what you’re told if what you’re told to do is terrible.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-csXwhja3yn...rphy_small.jpg

But despite his amazingly radical views, CNN also heaped praise on Murphy Thursday:

Given his new-found popularity in leftist circles for “duping” Gov. Walker, will anyone on the left bother to condemn his disparaging remarks?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #123
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

disgusting. But hey! Lets rail on that crazy dummy Palin!!!!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #124
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

How about railing on Both of them.....or is that really not an option.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #125
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
How about railing on Both of them.....or is that really not an option.

Dad, can you honeslty compare them? I guarantee the guy that did this prank was on ALL media outlets and no one mentioned this past article and his disgust for our troops. However every opportunity to ridicule Palin is exploited at every turn. Go ahead an rail on both of them, but I have no doubts this country would be in 1000X better shape if we had more people like Palin and less like this liberal arsewipe.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #126
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
disgusting. But hey! Lets rail on that crazy dummy Palin!!!!
no, this is just what the left refers to as "critical thinking"....or maybe he was "taken out of context"

he sounds a lot like many of Obama's close friends and advisors
Old 02-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #127
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Dad, can you honeslty compare them? I guarantee the guy that did this prank was on ALL media outlets and no one mentioned this past article and his disgust for our troops. However every opportunity to ridicule Palin is exploited at every turn. Go ahead an rail on both of them, but I have no doubts this country would be in 1000X better shape if we had more people like Palin and less like this liberal arsewipe.
That really wasn't my point....it was more just a general...why do we have to pick One over the other...thats all.

I think tthe guy is an ass myself....I was just kinda generalizing. Palin is definitely a better person than that ass hat.....

It just seems that we always have to Pick one OR the other in everything....why can't it be both was kinda my point

Old 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #128
scottw

like a buffet....
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #129
JohnnyD

Don't that in Massachusetts would get you put in prison.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #130
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
like a buffet....
You can look at it like that......If all they have is Lima Beans, Brussel Sprouts, and Cauliflower......why do I have to take a vegetable......

*****Actually I like all three of those *****

Old 02-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #131
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You can look at it like that......If all they have is Lima Beans, Brussel Sprouts, and Cauliflower......why do I have to take a vegetable......

*****Actually I like all three of those *****
I'm hungry now
Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #132
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
What is happening in WI is a sign of the times. We more than likely will not see anything like that here in MA because much of our economy is union based and no pol is going to bite the hand that feeds them.
definitely...or suffer the consequences

Event Description:

The National AFL-CIO, several International Unions and others have called for actions around the country. April 4, 1968 was the day in 1968 when Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated in Memphis where he had gone to support sanitation workers fighting for a voice at work.

Please join the Greater Boston Labor Council, Boston Teachers Union, Jobs and Justice, Massachusetts AFL-CIO, MTA, 1199SEIU, and SEIU State Council to stand in solidarity with workers in Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire and other states fighting corporate politicians seeking to destroy collective bargaining.

closing statement at the rally:

‘And to the Republican party of Massachusetts, if you think this is gonna happen here, it is going to be over thousands of dead people’s bodies.’

I love the Obama era of civility
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #133
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Unions bad.
Cronyism bad.

Unless it is a key lobbyists son, and then it's only bad when people call you on giving an unqualified crony a job... oops

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #134
scottw

Quote:
Unions bad.
Cronyism bad.

Unless it is a key lobbyists son, and then it's only bad when people call you on giving an unqualified crony a job... oops
moral relativity jibberish...that's great
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #135
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

No degree, little experience pay off big - JSOnline

If this was anything more than cronyism, Walker would have stood up and defended his choice, rather than pull the job offer after the backlash.

but damn those unions....

Bryan

Old 04-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #136
scottw

Quote:
No degree, little experience pay off big - JSOnline

If this was anything more than cronyism, Walker would have stood up and defended his choice, rather than pull the job offer after the backlash.

but damn those unions....
so I guess you are justifying the rally rhetoric and the left's rhetoric in general, post-fearless leader begging for civility, by pointing out that Walker has someone working in his government that would make a fine Kennedy?

this is from an anti-Walker website...."Walker Watch"
April 5, 2011
“Brian was moved to (the Department of) Commerce at the request of (Regulation and Licensing) Deputy Secretary John Scocos to head up a division that was eventually going to be moved to DRL,” the statement said. “Deputy Secretary Scocos worked with Brian at DRL earlier this year and thought he could help with the transition of the Commerce division to DRL.

When Governor Walker learned of the details of this agency staffing decision, he directed his administration to move in another direction.”

Last edited by scottw; 04-07-2011 at 04:19 AM..
Old 04-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #137
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Spin baby spin.

I'm pointing out that all Pol's are pols, no matter how much they say otherwise.

Bryan

Old 04-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #138
scottw

Quote:
Spin baby spin.

I'm pointing out that all Pol's are pols, no matter how much they say otherwise.
what spin? I used a freaking quote from a story extremely critical of Walker on a dedicated anti-Walker website that indicates that Walker was unaware of the staffing decision....that's spin?

thanks for the enlightening pol's point.....

Last edited by scottw; 04-07-2011 at 12:15 PM..