Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If you want to categorize yourself as guilty of falsehoods and distortions, I agree with you, that's what you do. Please refrain from lumping others into that categorization.
Seriously, your post is exactly why when I fish w/others from this site people frequently bring you up (unprompted) - lighten up.

Show me some falsehoods.

distortions- your the one who constantly puts up threads about something you see and then attributes it to all liberals.

At least you make me laugh.

Last edited by PaulS; 08-29-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Us classy ?
Last time I checked no other 1st lady was a guest editor for a smutt magazine as was reported fat ass Michelle is doing.
Classy 1st lady !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yup - exactly. Talking about the Pres. wife. I've never seen it done until the last 4 years with such anger except the very extreme fringes - I guess that is what the Rep. party has now moved to.

I'm always thankful I was raised to never have the hate I see here - your comment, Jim calling her a jerk, other people calling politicians POS - all classless.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie;956114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You and Jim are both very classy!

Us classy ?
Last time I checked no other 1st lady was a guest editor for a smutt magazine as was reported fat ass Michelle is doing.
Classy 1st lady !
I'm blushing just reading it......I heard tomorrow she's going to have pictures of her making Donuts AND Crullers in the same photo....doesn't get more suggestive than that....I bet the Cruller is Chocolate too...

Its an online Women's Magazine for God's Sakes....and she's talking about parenting and Family.

Guest Editor Michelle Obama - iVillage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iVillage.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	52910  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #34
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Classy 1st lady !
Interesting how you'd call a very fit women a "fat ass" in the same breath as accusing her of a lack of class.

Just sayin.

-spence
Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #35
spence

Quote:
Michelle Obama said she was not proud of her country until her hubby got the nomination. That's fact.
We've discussed this before, it's not a fact.

-spence
Old 08-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Its an online Women's Magazine for God's Sakes....and she's talking about parenting and Family.

Guest Editor Michelle Obama - iVillage
TDF, pregnancy is not something to be talked about in the open and certainly not in front of children.

Next you're going to tell me you let your kids listen to rock music and dance with girls.

I just hope at least they were conceived in the missionary position.

-spence
Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #37
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I just hope at least they were conceived in the missionary position.

-spence
Lights Off too....But that was more for my wife's benefit

Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #38
spence

Quote:
We haven't donemuch infastructure spending. Much of the stimulus money went to public labor unions. I don't see how that helps manufacturing.
A lot of infrastructure spending is global in nature and drives the entire manufacturing base. Ohio has a pretty big economy, automotive, agriculture, aerospace suppliers, steel production, industrial machinery, medical etc...

Kasich hasn't even been governor for two years. You think he magically fixed things? Their economy is driven by much larger global trends.

-spence
Old 08-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
TDF, pregnancy is not something to be talked about in the open and certainly not in front of children.
It should only be discussed in quiet rooms.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
We've discussed this before, it's not a fact.

-spence
Michelle Obama: “For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I’m Really Proud of My Country” - ABC News

here's the video...

Here is what she said...

""For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country"

Spence, is this a fact, or not? In Spenceworld, can something not be considered a fact if it makes Michelle Obama look like the azzhole she is?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #41
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

When my son made Eagle Scout I was Really Proud of him...doesn't mean I was never proud of him before that. It just means at the point of time I was feeling awesome in the moment.

I'm pretty sure at that moment I even said to him I am really proud of him...I know he didn't take it that I was never proud of him before

It wasn't a smart thing for her to say...but I really don't think she was saying she was never proud of her country....just at that moment in time she let emotions take over and said something that just wasn't worded correctly

Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #42
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Mia Love

I guaranty the DNC has people working right now to get dirt on Mia Love. That Woman was great everything she said was true (I obviously can not speak for the 10 dollars) and made sense. I am looking forward to how this Utah Congressional election works out.

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #43
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

ohio successful - auto bailout!
texas successful - energy credits!
Wisconsin successful - borrowed $!
Colorado,Virginia, - defense spending! cheap labor!
Okay,
So lets take a different approach, can you enlight me on why CT, RI, MA, MI and for giggles lets throw in CA are all s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g wind, broke, losing population and general in a heap of shat?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 08-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #44
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

maybe the dems can have Jerry Brown speak? It seems he has the same "Hope and Change" solution Obama. Is there only one page in the Democrats play book?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Tax the rich! That's how California Governor Jerry Brown wants to solve the state's growing budget crisis that now nears $16 billion.

The governor laid out his revised spending plan Monday. It would slash $8.3 billion from almost every part of the state's government. But it would increase funding for K-12 education if voters approve his proposal to hike income taxes on the rich and sales taxes on everyone.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
maybe the dems can have Jerry Brown speak? It seems he has the same "Hope and Change" solution Obama. Is there only one page in the Democrats play book?
So do we infer the actions or thoughts of one person represent the larger group?

- GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African American CNN camera woman + saying "This is how we feed animals."
Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #46
Fly Rod

Quote:
A lot of infrastructure spending is global in nature and drives the entire manufacturing base. Ohio has a pretty big economy, automotive, agriculture, aerospace suppliers, steel production, industrial machinery, medical etc...

Kasich hasn't even been governor for two years. You think he magically fixed things? Their economy is driven by much larger global trends.

-spence
Spence UUUU left out COAL
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
.but I really don't think she was saying she was never proud of her country....
I don't know what she meant, but I know what she said. She said it twice. In scripted, rehearsed speeches.

We all put our feet in pour mouths. But that's a hell of a thing she said (twice).

And Spence said it wasn't a fact that she said it.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
ohio successful - auto bailout!
texas successful - energy credits!
Wisconsin successful - borrowed $!
Colorado,Virginia, - defense spending! cheap labor!
Okay,
So lets take a different approach, can you enlight me on why CT, RI, MA, MI and for giggles lets throw in CA are all s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g wind, broke, losing population and general in a heap of shat?
Great post. I'm waiting for Spence's response...
Old 08-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #49
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
So do we infer the actions or thoughts of one person represent the larger group?

- GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African American CNN camera woman + saying "This is how we feed animals."
no, I infer the economic polices of democrats adversly impact the states they control. I come to that conclusion based on evidence consistently offered by myslef and others on this board and "explained" away by our liberal contingent. If we can explain away why republican controlled states seem to be fairing MUCH better than democrat controlled states, I would like to know why the democrat states are fairing so poorly?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #50
spence

Quote:
Spence, is this a fact, or not? In Spenceworld, can something not be considered a fact if it makes Michelle Obama look like the azzhole she is?
It's a fact when you take her quote out of context. She went on to add that what she was feeling proud about was people uniting around a common cause. She did this twice, in scripted speeches.

-spence
Old 08-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #51
PaulS

I vote mainly based on socials issues more than economic issues so I don't get involved in many discussions here on economic policy. But to give you the courtesy of a response, I'll give you a very short, very general and prob. disjointed answer- I think it is a mixed bag, some cons. states are doing better than lib. states and vice versa. I think the quality of life is much higher in the lib. states. Certainly, jobs have moved south (cons.) due to less regulation and the ability to pay less taxes. There is a huge drain of fed. taxes that the lib. states pay to the govern. that gets transferred to the cons. states. Educ. levels, health, obesity are all better in the lib states. Higher environ. standards costs $ in the libs states. We'll disagree whether higher taxes are worth it for all that and what you and I consider quality of life.

And just to go on the record, I don't believe whoever made that idiotic statement is crazy and doesn't represent the Rs.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #52
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
I vote mainly based on socials issues more than economic issues so I don't get involved in many discussions here on economic policy. But to give you the courtesy of a response, I'll give you a very short, very general and prob. disjointed answer- I think it is a mixed bag, some cons. states are doing better than lib. states and vice versa. I think the quality of life is much higher in the lib. states. Certainly, jobs have moved south (cons.) due to less regulation and the ability to pay less taxes. There is a huge drain of fed. taxes that the lib. states pay to the govern. that gets transferred to the cons. states. Educ. levels, health, obesity are all better in the lib states. Higher environ. standards costs $ in the libs states. We'll disagree whether higher taxes are worth it for all that and what you and I consider quality of life.

And just to go on the record, I don't believe whoever made that idiotic statement is crazy and doesn't represent the Rs.
I appreciate your response, but its misinformed. Quality of life is subjective however there are some parameters universally accepted -
cost of housing, schools, recreation, culture, etc. I'd be glad to repost all the items I posted in the Coincidence thread but its tiring. My "quality of life" in new england consited of long commutes, freezng winters and unfriendly people, high cost of living and declining schools. I lived in a decent town in MA. What you call concervatve states are growing, have a high quality of life - not a bunch fo trailer parks and taco bells. Again referr to to the many, many articles on "best cities to live, best cities for job growth", etc. I've found New Englanders view of the the south and or conservative states is about 25 years behind. Believe it or not, these rednecks have been sending their kids to college the last few decades and most are pretty bright. Things are way different. Paul - I leave you with this. A non political, brief analysis.
Please read - http://pubpages.unh.edu/~rgittell/do...oungAdults.pdf

Here is an exceprt - it seems the great quality of life you mention may not be shared....
What is less well understood is why the distribution of the
young adult age cohort is so unequal across diff erent regions.
Why do some of the Mountain, Northwest and Southeastern
states have positive growth rates of 20 to 60 percent in the
young adult age group while New England has double-digit
decline?
Th e dramatic diff erences suggest that New England
is not “attractive” to young adults, but what factors contribute
to young adults’ preference for one region over another?
What is the relative importance, for instance, of factors such
as costs of living? What role do housing or energy costs play
in the choices made by diff erent age cohorts? Are certain
types of jobs or environments more desirable by people
of diff erent ages?
How do current “myths” about some
regions being more youth-oriented and youth-friendly than
others infl uence the changes we have seen in recent years?
We do not yet have answers to questions like thes

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~rgittell/do...oungAdults.pdf

Old 08-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #53
Piscator

Quote:
She went on to add that what she was feeling proud about was people uniting around a common cause.
-spence
and what was this cause that people united around?

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
When my son made Eagle Scout I was Really Proud of him...doesn't mean I was never proud of him before that. It just means at the point of time I was feeling awesome in the moment.

I'm pretty sure at that moment I even said to him I am really proud of him...I know he didn't take it that I was never proud of him before

It wasn't a smart thing for her to say...but I really don't think she was saying she was never proud of her country....just at that moment in time she let emotions take over and said something that just wasn't worded correctly
Another thing TDF...Michelle Obana sat in Rev Wright's church for 20 years. Among other htings, Rev Wright preaches that the Amrrican govt invented AIDS to exterminate the black man. Rev Wright said that. Michelle Obama asked him ti marry her, and to baptize her 2 kids.

Don't tell me it's that much of a stretch to suggest that Michelle hates what she considers to be "white" America. There isn't a single person in that "church" who isn't filled, and deranged, with hate.

I guess this is a moot discussion anyway, since Spence says Michelle never even said those words...
Old 08-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's a fact when you take her quote out of context. She went on to add that what she was feeling proud about was people uniting around a common cause. She did this twice, in scripted speeches.

-spence
I didn't take anything out of context. If her intended context was what you claim, than she should have said what you claim she meant to say.

So she was saying that Americans, prior to the summer of 2008, have never "united around a common cause"? No??

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid spence...
Old 08-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Spence - to reiterate...I did not take Michelle's line out of context...I simply failed to state her reason for not being proud of America until 2008. But you stated her reason, and I'm sure you're correct...in the mind of Michelle Obama, Americans had never united around a common cause in way that was worthy of her pride. That is why she wasn't proud of America.

The question then is, does she have a valid point, or is she a greedy, hate-mongering, race-baiter?

America has done a lot to be proud of...we have free elctions every year...we saved the world in 1942. we are a beacon of light to people everywhere who want to be free...we are the most generous nation in the history of the planet. And speaking for Michelle Obama, America didn't treat her all that poorly - Ivy League education, jobs on a hospital board paying hundrds of thousands of dollars a year.

She wasn't proud of any of that. None of that mattered until we coronated her husband as king and deity.

I'd rather have Eva Braun as first lady.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #57
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:

Thank you for showing me the reason you're going back on my ignore list.
As an ex-gi you should be ashamed of your own vitriol
Old 08-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
Thank you for showing me the reason you're going back on my ignore list.
As an ex-gi you should be ashamed of your own vitriol
It's precisely because I was a GI that I refuse to ignore (or celebrate) the kind of hate that Michele Obama spews. Her hate is ignored (or celebrated) because she is pretty, black, and eloquent.

When I was a GI, I lost 2 kids under my command, in combat. One was 19 years old, 1 was 20 years old. Both of them should have been spending weekends on the beach, chasing girls, dreaming of the wonderous possibioities of their futures. Instead, they volunteered to serve in the most difficult, dangerous branch of the military. They made this choice knowing what could happen, knowing that they were likely to fight in places that they never heard of when they were kids.

Regardless of what you think of the mission in Iraq, what they did was heroic. Yet Michelle Obama, our repugnant First Lady, literally spits on their graves when she says that she was not proud of the fact that her country has produced hundreds of thousands of Americans (millions of similar heroic Americans in our proud history) ready to make that sacrifice. Nope. She did not recognize THAT sacrifice as Americans rallying around a worthy cause. To her, the only worthy cause, the only thing worthy of her pride, was bestowing royalty, or heavenly, status on her husband. Up until that point, nothing that America had ever done was worthy of her pride. Those are her words, not mine.

She was not proud of anything America has ever done? We are the bravest, most generous, most selfless country in the history of the planet Earth. While we are obviously far from perfect, no nation has done nearly as much to be proud of.

She's a grotesque, spoiled, hate-filled, ungrateful race-baiter. Not one person who sits in Rev Wright's church (week in, week out) can possibly be described any other way. It's just not possible. Anyone who is a deep, genuine believer of a religion called "Black Liberation Theology" is deranged.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #59
scottw

Quote:
you meant Eva Longoria....right?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #60
Fly Rod

Jim...please correct me if I am wrong....U R a Marine I do believe... not a G I (drafted.. Government Inductee) that is what the initials have ment...not bashing the other branches of the military.

Once a Marine.. always a Marine.

"Semper Fi"