Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #31
DZ

TS/SCI compromise would put a normal person (peon) away for a while. Even if it was not from her... it was on her server which makes her an accomplice. She acknowleges using a thumb drive which has been a no no on Government systems for quite a few years now. Likely scenario - she downloaded emails off a secure system at State onto thumb drive - takes thumb drive home and uploads what she thinks are unclass emails and ooops - too late.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Likely scenario - she downloaded emails off a secure system at State onto thumb drive - takes thumb drive home and uploads what she thinks are unclass emails and ooops - too late.
I believe the thumb drive was just used to create a backup of her server for her attorneys to have.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #33
PaulS

The weekend is here - this is closed until Monday at 8:00.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The weekend is here - this is closed until Monday at 8:00.
I love Paul, nicely done...everybody go fishing
Old 08-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #35
Nebe

😊
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #36
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Keep this thread on the email server, the other thread for your derailment and roll back the personal attacks

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #37
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Update- 20% of e mails read with 355 Classified e mails found on Hilary's email.
Bob Woodward thinks this is as serious as Watergate.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Update- 20% of e mails read with 355 Classified e mails found on Hilary's email.
Bob Woodward thinks this is as serious as Watergate.
That's not what he said. He said it reminds him of watergate. The idea that a private conversation could become public...

They also didn't find 355 "classified" emails on her server. The emails were suggested to be reviewed by other agencies…which means none were likely marked classified.

Last edited by spence; 08-17-2015 at 07:03 PM..
Old 08-17-2015, 08:44 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's not what he said. He said it reminds him of watergate. The idea that a private conversation could become public...

They also didn't find 355 "classified" emails on her server. The emails were suggested to be reviewed by other agencies…which means none were likely marked classified.
Last I heard, there were 350 emails with classified info. The State Dept found these in a sample of 20% of the emails on her server. The State Dept won't say whether or not the emails were flagged as classified.

Spence, nothing to see here? Nothing at all?
Old 08-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #40
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

Suggested, interesting word.
Spence, if you say so it must be true.
Prolly my failing hearing and eyesight.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #41
JohnR

And this is the stuff they filtered out.

And this is the second server - who knows what was on the previous server (current server at time of this catching fire was Exchange Server 2010 - not securely patched BTW - which was not available until a lot later).

This is either a lack of seriousness on the nature of sensitive and classified information or a complete eff you to all us little people. Anyone else would go to jail for putting this on a non secure yet STILL government server - she put it on a public server, on the public Internet, managed by a company not certified by government IT office that certifies external vendors to manage systems that contain sensitive information - let alone classified info.

Anyone else would do Jail

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-18-2015, 02:40 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Anyone else would do Jail
can't wait to hear her bitch during the campaign about how the wealthy, powerful and well connected are always getting special treatment and are never held accountable while the average folk that she is the champion of, are always getting screwed

just saw a clip from morning Joke on MSNBC...trailer across the screen asks "Clinton emails: Reality or Right-Wing Conspiracy?".......right......the vast right wing conspiracy concocted all of Hillary's email problems....also responsible for all of Bill's philandering and any other issues that Hillary experiences in her life....."Hillary's Menopause...Reality or Right-Wing Conspiracy"

Last edited by scottw; 08-18-2015 at 06:54 AM..
Old 08-18-2015, 07:20 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
can't wait to hear her bitch during the campaign about how the wealthy, powerful and well connected are always getting special treatment and are never held accountable while the average folk that she is the champion of, are always getting screwed

just saw a clip from morning Joke on MSNBC...trailer across the screen asks "Clinton emails: Reality or Right-Wing Conspiracy?".......right......the vast right wing conspiracy concocted all of Hillary's email problems....also responsible for all of Bill's philandering and any other issues that Hillary experiences in her life....."Hillary's Menopause...Reality or Right-Wing Conspiracy"
"can't wait to hear her bitch during the campaign about how the wealthy, powerful and well connected are always getting special treatment"

Gee, when you put it that way, it seems kind of laughable, doesn't it?

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I am dying to know what Biden's advisors are saying.

"also responsible for all of Bill's philandering and any other issues that Hillary experiences in her life"

Correct. If she really denied that the patron saint of infidelity was having an affair, but instead was being framed by a vast conspiracy of Republicans, then she doesn't have the judgment to deal with Putin or Iran, she simply doesn't. And if she doesn't believe it was the GOP, then yet again, she is a liar.

"Hillary's Menopause...Reality or Right-Wing Conspiracy"

Funny!

"
Old 08-18-2015, 08:19 AM   #44
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

ok, reword in a context that you will be able to justify voting for this person as president of the United States of AMERICA who has clearly shown lack of good judgement. is that what I am reading here? And you think Trump is dangerous, well I don't know which is worse

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #45
Nebe

Trump is way way more dangerous.

Imagine #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney with a cocaine addiction and a verbal turrets syndrome running for president and you have Trump.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Trump is way way more dangerous.

Trump is not going to be the nominee. 75% of those polled support someone else. He's only in the lead, because right now, there are 85 "someone elses" to choose from. As the field narrows, the non-Trump vote will consolidate, and his position will drop. Guaranteed.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #47
Nebe

I know that.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #48
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Spence, how do you wrap your mind around this statement by Hilary?

"I never sent or received any classified or top secret e mails on my server?
Seriously.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Spence, how do you wrap your mind around this statement by Hilary?

"I never sent or received any classified or top secret e mails on my server?
Seriously.
It means never sent or received any classified or top secret emails on her server.

If information passed through her email that was later classified that doesn't mean she sent or received. I doubt she'd be making that statement without her attorney's doing a careful scrub of the content.

Also, classification isn't a black or white subject. It's often quite subjective...
Old 08-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #50
JohnR

It is a witch hunt

Looks like they found the witch, too.

Quote:
It means never sent or received any classified or top secret emails on her server.

If information passed through her email that was later classified that doesn't mean she sent or received. I doubt she'd be making that statement without her attorney's doing a careful scrub of the content.

Also, classification isn't a black or white subject. It's often quite subjective...
Actually, classification is pretty concrete. As are the rules that prohibit most of it being on even the less secure Federally protected networks, let alone a private server in a residence. If even part of what is being reported is true, this is a significant breech of security.

If your IT people did this with important business emails at the company you strategically message for, they would be fired. And that information, relatively speaking, is not important.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:

Spence, I think we also now know, that classified emails were stripped of their classified status, and then sent to her server. That is more than one felony.

Hence her carefully worded statement that she never sent or received emails that were classified at the time they were sent to her server. But I think it's basically settled that her statement is only true because someone committed felonies to make it true.

Top secret and compartmentalized aren't very subjective. If she can't tell what's at that level, she's not qualified to swim at the deep end of the pool.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #52
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

The FBI should stop it's investigation immediately.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #53
Jim in CT

2 days ago, she jokes at a rally that she opened a snapchat account, and loves it because messages are deleted immediately. Haw, haw, haw! Mishandling of top secret messages is so funny!

Yesterday, a reporter asked her if, as the FBI suspects, her server had been wiped. She replied "what, do you mean with a cloth"?

Is this what we want, another 8 years of a POTUS who will parse and obfuscate, never just being honest?

Jerk.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #54
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, I think we also now know, that classified emails were stripped of their classified status, and then sent to her server. That is more than one felony.
You don't know that.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #55
Nebe

You know what's sad? The ignorance of the American people. The ignorance to let this bull#^&#^&#^&#^& distract them from what really matters.. Her political agenda. In all honesty I wonder if she actually wants this to happen so she doesn't have to talk about what she plans to do if elected.
Damn the 24 hour news cycle, which perpetuates endless drama in the name of "news".

Let's hear some promises so she can break them later
Old 08-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
You don't know that.
I think we do know that at this point. How else did stuff that was originally coded as classified, end up on her server, without the classified status? It's my understanding that's the case. Maybe MSNBC didn't report on it, so maybe you aren't aware of it.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
You know what's sad? The ignorance of the American people. The ignorance to let this bull#^&#^&#^&#^& distract them from what really matters.. Her political agenda. In all honesty I wonder if she actually wants this to happen so she doesn't have to talk about what she plans to do if elected.
Damn the 24 hour news cycle, which perpetuates endless drama in the name of "news".

Let's hear some promises so she can break them later
If she mis-handled classified material, and then lied about it, that doesn't really matter? She may well have committed a felony. If that doesn't matter to you, that's your right. It matters to many others.

If the Secstate committed a felony, that's not news to you?
Old 08-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #58
spence

Quote:
I think we do know that at this point. How else did stuff that was originally coded as classified, end up on her server, without the classified status? It's my understanding that's the case. Maybe MSNBC didn't report on it, so maybe you aren't aware of it.
Where did you read that classified information was stripped of status and emailed to her? I've never seen that.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #59
Nebe

Quote:
If she mis-handled classified material, and then lied about it, that doesn't really matter? She may well have committed a felony. If that doesn't matter to you, that's your right. It matters to many others.

If the Secstate committed a felony, that's not news to you?
It just strikes me as kind of sad that everyone is looking for the "gotcha!" Moment.
I really wish she would just go away... She's really just a republican in Sheeps clothing.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
It just strikes me as kind of sad that everyone is looking for the "gotcha!" Moment.
I really wish she would just go away... She's really just a republican in Sheeps clothing.
"It just strikes me as kind of sad that everyone is looking for the "gotcha!" Moment" True, and many are doing it for purely political reasons.

"She's really just a republican in Sheeps clothing."

Then what's Marco Rubio, a Nazi?