Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-03-2015, 04:53 PM   #61
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Understatement of the year, Buck.. Even this morning he said" It is POSSIBLE
that this was terrorist related. We don't know. It's possible that this was workplace related. "

Believe it or not there are sheeple who will actually believe he really doesn't know, even with all the facts that have come out in the last 24 hours. Remember the Iissis JV team is under control ?

God Bless our law enforcement officers for their outstanding work.
My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around. Considering the very strange situation of this attack I don't think they really know the full motive. It's like the Ft. Hood shooter, there was evidence of radicalization but also a mental state brought about by the death of his mother that caused him to break.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #62
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Why aren't they calling this terrorism ? Two Muslims shot up a Christmas party ..... Wtf
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
pisses you off doesn't it?
it should

there are enough facts known already to call it what it is = Terrorism, a terrorist attack in this country, radical islamists
it is what is is

I still don't understand why our president will not say the word

They planned it, had bombs and everything and attacked innocent people at a Christmas party. Seems pretty obvious to me.

reason why they don't call a spade a spade = the wusification of America the land that I love.

time to take back America from the pussies who have allowed this to happen in the first place.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #63
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around. Considering the very strange situation of this attack I don't think they really know the full motive. It's like the Ft. Hood shooter, there was evidence of radicalization but also a mental state brought about by the death of his mother that caused him to break.
Well he is legally the President and this is the time to act like one, if he can't, then get the hell out of the way
wtf

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #64
Slipknot
Super Moderator

so are we supposed to sit around and wait for the next situation that does not fit nicely in a box and expect the government to protect us?
maybe the next terrorist had some other kind of event or trauma in his life and reaches his boiling point and attacks God knows where next.
This is what they want.
I'm not going to be a sheep

Old 12-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
"My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around"

OK, I made it up that liberals are permissive, yet you can claim that Obama is legally barred from saying the word "terrorism".

Remember, when you are painting inside, you need to open the windows a crack. I think you've been painting with the windows closed.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #66
PaulS

Quote:
What the hell does that mean?
We can start with closing Mosques down, make the Muslims register (we can tattoo the #s on their arm), wear stars on their clothing. If that doesn't work we can put them in camps - might as well make them work to earn their keep.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #67
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The anti-abortion kooks probably do commit a lot more crime than the average citizen. But sure as hell, they don't commit anywhere near as much violence as jihadists. This one shooting yesterday, will leave almost half as many did as have been killed by anti-abortion protesters in the last 40 years.

I am sure the FBIlooks into these people. But you cannot compare the threat they pose, to that posed by jihadists.
I'm sure that they commit less violence then the jihadists, but what level does the violence have to reach bf something is done?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #68
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
My understanding is that "terrorism" is a legal word and the President can't just throw it around. .
So then he would face punishment for using a" legal word" if it didn't meet with what
he, the law professsor, whoops LAW INSTRUCTOR, determines is??
Sounds more like he is hiding behind a word to protect his legacy like he tried with the Benghazi tape.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #69
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
So then he would face punishment for using a" legal word" if it didn't meet with what
he, the law professsor, whoops LAW INSTRUCTOR, determines is??
Sounds more like he is hiding behind a word to protect his legacy like he tried with the Benghazi tape.
He just said today it could be. You're just looking for gripes.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
You said there are legal ramifications for his using the word "terrorism" loosely. Please explain, or kindly admit you made it up in a desperate attempt, once again, to make the guy look brilliant.

He says it "might be terrorism, it might be workplace violence". Atta boy, Columbo.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
We can start with closing Mosques down, make the Muslims register (we can tattoo the #s on their arm), wear stars on their clothing. If that doesn't work we can put them in camps - might as well make them work to earn their keep.
Well, we tried electing a guy who thought he could fix the problem by being softer with them. IT'S NOT WORKING. So what would you do?

For starters, it's time to take the gloves all the way off in dealing with the people we know are involved. Make waterboarding look like an invitation to a noon tea party. If we have to torture these people overseas, fine. But the gloves need to come off. If the last 8 years have taught sane people anything, it's that trying to be nicer, doesn't work.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #72
5/0
Eels

We all bleed red,so suck it up,move on nothing to see here.

Unfortunately the world's problems will not be fulfilled on this site,world media or on local.

Move on....
Old 12-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #73
buckman

If only we could get a handle on this global warming .....
Sorry Nebe
Old 12-04-2015, 06:29 AM   #74
buckman

Quote:
What gave it away? The bomb making factory ?
Old 12-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #75
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
What gave it away? The bomb making factory ?
Making a bomb doesn't make you a terrorist. Using one or intending to use one with a specific political intent certainly could. Currently they really don't know the intent and the couple didn't leave any obvious indication of what they were trying to achieve aside from carnage.

The situation does appear to show something bad was afoot but until they have a better understanding of motive the FBI isn't going to call it terrorism and neither should POTUS.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #76
spence

Quote:
He says it "might be terrorism, it might be workplace violence". Atta boy, Columbo.
That's what the investigators are saying. There's a line of thinking that they may not have intended to attack the party but some disagreement changed their actions. Don't know right now.

You know the Fort Hood shooting was never declared terrorism either as it didn't meet the legal standard?
Old 12-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #77
Nebe

How about we agree that this was a Muslim extremist hate crime.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #78
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Making a bomb doesn't make you a terrorist. Using one or intending to use one with a specific political intent certainly could. Currently they really don't know the intent and the couple didn't leave any obvious indication of what they were trying to achieve aside from carnage.

The situation does appear to show something bad was afoot but until they have a better understanding of motive the FBI isn't going to call it terrorism and neither should POTUS.
Making a bomb with the intent to use it makes you a terrorist.

Quote:
That's what the investigators are saying. There's a line of thinking that they may not have intended to attack the party but some disagreement changed their actions. Don't know right now.
They were far too geared up, prepared to do maximum damage, and setup to attack someone. So if they were going to do this and had all the training, weapons, gear, plans, as well as the scrubbing all ready to go, the "some disagreement changed their actions" to attack the party changes it from terrorism to workplace violence? How convenient.

Quote:
You know the Fort Hood shooting was never declared terrorism either as it didn't meet the legal standard?
Fort Hood had all the makings of Terrorism, the shooter claimed he was a soldier of Allah

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #79
Fly Rod

Spence come on UUUUU know what it was an hour after......terrorism.....say it slowly take a deep breath....ter-ror-ism.....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 12-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #80
PaulS

Quote:
Well, we tried electing a guy who thought he could fix the problem by being softer with them. IT'S NOT WORKING. So what would you do?

For starters, it's time to take the gloves all the way off in dealing with the people we know are involved. Make waterboarding look like an invitation to a noon tea party. If we have to torture these people overseas, fine. But the gloves need to come off. If the last 8 years have taught sane people anything, it's that trying to be nicer, doesn't work.
I'm not willing to throw away the values that we held for almost our total existance - not torturing people.

There was a special on Showtime the other night and I wasn't really watching it but I did see many former CIA directors saying that the best way to get info. is to be bc friends w/the prisoner.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #81
buckman

Quote:
I'm not willing to throw away the values that we held for almost our total existance - not torturing people.

There was a special on Showtime the other night and I wasn't really watching it but I did see many former CIA directors saying that the best way to get info. is to be bc friends w/the prisoner.
These people will strap bombs onto their own family members. They have a different set of values then you and I and the rest of the civilize world. By the way that's why they were former CIA directors .
Old 12-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #82
buckman

Quote:

I'm laughing at the first part of the sentence and I'm in tears at the hypocracy of the second part.
Do you honestly not see how he jumps to judgment ,in a political way , at every turn ?
Old 12-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:

"That's what the investigators are saying"

Who, exactly? Please tell me who said that there are legal ramifications for the President throwing that word around.

Spence, we can debate about when it's appropriate to concluder that it was terrorism., But I don't believe for a second, that there are laws that would prevent him from saying "this looks lik eIslamic terrorism". But, you have prroven me wrong a few times, mybe this is another example.

"You know the Fort Hood shooting was never declared terrorism either as it didn't meet the legal standard"

What 'legal standard'?

I notice that your hero Obama doesn't mind spouting off half-assed, when he says that the Cambridge acted stupidly, or that if he had a son, he'd look like whoever it was. Obama's caution about not putting his goot in his mouth, seems quite selective, does it not?

The Fort Hood shooter had a card in his wallet that identified him as a "Soldier Of Allah". He was screaming "Allahu Akhbar" as he killed Americans. He was a terrorist. Only someone with a real political axe to grind, would debate that.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:

"I'm not willing to throw away the values that we held for almost our total existance "

If you are a liberal, I think that pretty much means you are quite willing to do exacvtly that, but only on issues that serve your agenda I guess. How else do you explain sanctuary cities? How do you explain trampling on the religious freedom of those who oppose gay marriage?

"I did see many former CIA directors saying that the best way to get info. is to be bc friends w/the prisoner"

No one is saying that soft interrogation never works. Nor would any sane person claim that torture always produces actionable intelligence. But are you really going to deny that some terrorists might not voluntarily divulge useful information, but they might do it if tortured? Isn't that common sense? There are former CIA dirctors who sai dthat waterboarding produced some valuable intelligence that had not been obtained by making nice with them.

In the 'ticking time bomb' scenario, it would be immoral not to do whatever it takes to save innocent lives. It would be immoral not to do it.

We are dealing with an unprecedented threat here. This couple dropped off their baby just before doing this for God's sake. They hate us, far more than they love their own children.

What would you do? Keep digging graves until they run out of bullets?
Old 12-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I'm laughing at the first part of the sentence and I'm in tears at the hypocracy of the second part.
Do you honestly not see how he jumps to judgment ,in a political way , at every turn ?
Correct. Did Spence critcize Obama when he said, wihtout knowing all the facts, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly? That was just more brilliance by Obama I guess. I am just not sophisticated enough to see it.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #86
Nebe

Just remember. Those were peaceful Muslims. We should blame the "long guns". Ban them all! But this wasn't terrorism. Don't buy into the hype.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #87
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Just remember. Those were peaceful Muslims. We should blame the "long guns". Ban them all! But this wasn't terrorism. Don't buy into the hype.
They are looking for a video to blame this on because you know, we don't want to jump to conclusions . I understand the political ramifications for the president to call something terrorism that happens on his watch, but really I don't give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about him .Politics have no business in this. Our lives matter
Old 12-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #88
Fly Rod

Jim they did intend to strike the party.....the wife had pleged her allegiance to ISIS on facebook

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 12-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #89
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Jim they did intend to strike the party.....the wife had pleged her allegiances to ISIS on facebook
Is this confirmed ?
Old 12-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #90
buckman

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R.
Any doubt ?