Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
ummmmmmm..... "Her vocal criticism about the misogynistic representation of women in video games has invited more than its fair share of hate from defensive gamers and Internet trollers."

apples and oranges
Yes, because the liberal gamers are all about misogyny and packing heat.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"“It adds up to like four people"

4 people? Sorry, I watched the coverage.

"You do know Trump supporters have assaulted many hecklers At his events you tube is filled with examples "

I do know that. I also know that 7 people have been murdered by Sharpton supporters at Sharpton events. So tell me please, why do liberals feel that (1) Sharpton deserves his own show, yet (2) Trump isn't allowed to speak.

I await your thoughtful response to that. Good luck.
funny a google search shows nothing about your claim 7 people have been murdered by Sharpton supporters at Sharpton events

and if really think its only been 4 people assaulted because I only posted 4 links
your head in very deep in the sand .. denial is not very adult like
Old 03-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #33
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
have you seen what comes out of hollywood??....rap music??....pop culture??...etc....the answer is probably yes
Old 03-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #34
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
have you seen what comes out of hollywood??....rap music??....pop culture??...etc....the answer is probably yes
All funded by conservatives who have invested in the private prison system.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
funny a google search shows nothing about your claim 7 people have been murdered by Sharpton supporters at Sharpton events

and if really think its only been 4 people assaulted because I only posted 4 links
your head in very deep in the sand .. denial is not very adult like
"funny a google search shows nothing about your claim 7 people have been murdered by Sharpton supporters at Sharpton events"

Wow, I guess you caught me in a lie.

Wait, you didn't. Read #6 and 7.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/sha.../09/id/612015/

"and if really think its only been 4 people assaulted because I only posted 4 links "

But zero deaths. But Sharpton gets a TV show on a liberal network. And Trump (who has caused zero deaths) isn't allowed to speak.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh, please enlighten me...other than your bullsh*t dogma, what's the evidence that conservative ideology is sexist?
Old 03-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #37
spence

Quote:
Oh, please enlighten me...other than your bullsh*t dogma, what's the evidence that conservative ideology is sexist?
This is the problem Jim, you seem to think there's one conservative ideology. People who self describe as conservatives can have wildly different beliefs.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #38
Nebe

Same goes for liberals.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Same goes for liberals.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Spence's sarcastic reply "Yes, because the liberal gamers are all about misogyny and packing heat" is actually true of some liberals as well. And, his highly subjective and verbally slanted verbiage does not really apply to most conservatives. Which invalidates his attempt to cast the gamers as conservatives. By his description it could be either some self described liberals or some self described conservatives. But it is not really characteristic of the majority of either.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
All funded by conservatives who have invested in the private prison system.
Hollywood is conservative??
Old 03-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is the problem Jim, you seem to think there's one conservative ideology. People who self describe as conservatives can have wildly different beliefs.
hy did you paint us with the mysoginy label? I was responding to you. You make a generalization, I point out that you are full of crap, then you say generalizations are wrong, or something...
Old 03-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #42
buckman

Quote:
Hollywood is conservative??
Reality never gets in the way of a liberal argument .
Old 03-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #43
Nebe

Remember the days of black exploitation movies?

But to directly answer Jim, no it's not. But do the research on the record industry and private prisons. It will make your head spin.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
"funny a google search shows nothing about your claim 7 people have been murdered by Sharpton supporters at Sharpton events"

Wow, I guess you caught me in a lie.

Wait, you didn't. Read #6 and 7.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/sha.../09/id/612015/

"and if really think its only been 4 people assaulted because I only posted 4 links "

But zero deaths. But Sharpton gets a TV show on a liberal network. And Trump (who has caused zero deaths) isn't allowed to speak.
Wow that's some mental gymnastics he speaks and weeks or months later someone resorts to arson and kill. 7 no fan of Al but show me where he suggested to kill or assault anyone

TRUMP on the other hand has expressed his williness to assault others and these assaults happen during his events not weeks or months later

Al sharpton and Donald trump both classless self promoting A Holes
If you closed your eyes you couldn't tell them apart
Old 03-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow that's some mental gymnastics he speaks and weeks or months later someone resorts to arson and kill. 7 no fan of Al but show me where he suggested to kill or assault anyone

TRUMP on the other hand has expressed his williness to assault others and these assaults happen during his events not weeks or months later

Al sharpton and Donald trump both classless self promoting A Holes
If you closed your eyes you couldn't tell them apart
"he speaks and weeks or months later someone resorts to arson and kill. 7"

If the guy was inspired by Sharpton, he was inspired by Sharpton. And I see you completely skipped the one where Sharpton got the crowd good and crazy, and one of them found the nearest white guy, and stabbed him to death.

"no fan of Al but show me where he suggested to kill or assault anyone "

He doesn't use those words, the facts show he doesn't have to.

"Al sharpton and Donald trump both classless self promoting A Holes"

Agreed. So tell me, why do liberals give Sharpton his own show, but those same idiots don't feel Trump has the sane right to spew garbage? That's the hypocrisy that as led to Trump's rise.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:07 PM   #46
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Jim

I have two source rules, one is don't quote Newsmax for news and don't quote OccupyDemocrats for any chase of reality.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-14-2016, 06:12 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Jim

I have two source rules, one is don't quote Newsmax for news and don't quote OccupyDemocrats for any chase of reality.
OK...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sha...n_Heights_riot

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/flas...-mart-massacre
Old 03-14-2016, 06:51 AM   #48
buckman

I will have to say I find it ironic and hilarious that Hillary Clinton stated Donald Trump should be held responsible for the violence at his rallies.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:26 AM   #49
wdmso

Men its very simple when one makes statements at his events such as

"I love the old days, you know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out in a stretcher, folks," Trump had said of one protester. Then: "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."
If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees."

He also said that the young man who was sucker-punched in North Carolina had been "taunting," "loud" and "disruptive," and was holding up his middle finger — "a terrible thing to do."

And even his fellow Republicans see whats going on or are they just being liberals and being politically correct

America is better than this. We don't have to tear each other apart," Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said. "When you have a campaign that disrespects the voters, when you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, when you have campaign that is facing allegations of physical violence against members of the press, you create an environment that only encourages this sort of nasty discourse."

Kasich said during a stop in Cincinnati that there's "no place for a national leader to prey on the fears of people."

This is going down a road the United States has never traveled but it has the potential change this country overnight .. for the good or the bad we'll have to wait and see
Old 03-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #50
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I will have to say I find it ironic and hilarious that Hillary Clinton stated Donald Trump should be held responsible for the violence at his rallies.
It's crazy right? You yell fire and everyone runs out of the theater. Who would have thought?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #51
buckman

Quote:
Men its very simple when one makes statements at his events such as

"I love the old days, you know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out in a stretcher, folks," Trump had said of one protester. Then: "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."
If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees."

He also said that the young man who was sucker-punched in North Carolina had been "taunting," "loud" and "disruptive," and was holding up his middle finger — "a terrible thing to do."

And even his fellow Republicans see whats going on or are they just being liberals and being politically correct

America is better than this. We don't have to tear each other apart," Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said. "When you have a campaign that disrespects the voters, when you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, when you have campaign that is facing allegations of physical violence against members of the press, you create an environment that only encourages this sort of nasty discourse."

Kasich said during a stop in Cincinnati that there's "no place for a national leader to prey on the fears of people."

This is going down a road the United States has never traveled but it has the potential change this country overnight .. for the good or the bad we'll have to wait and see
I partially agree but it didn't start with Trump as this has been escalating over the past 8 years and President Obama has been fanning the flames .
Read Kasicj's quote again .
When violent agitators are deliberately sent in a violent response is predictable if not expected , even hoped for . I believe you are one of this hoping .
Old 03-14-2016, 08:13 AM   #52
PaulS

Quote:
At least we are on the same page that if you throw a punch first you deserve a beat down , but I'll go one better , if you get in someone's face and taunt them, you get what's coming also .
Sort of like calling someone a Muslim when they aren't and saying they weren't born in the US, right?
Old 03-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
But the racist big got hate monger is already president so your point is flawed
oh no, wait until Kevin sees this post.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #54
spence

Quote:
I partially agree but it didn't start with Trump as this has been escalating over the past 8 years and President Obama has been fanning the flames .
Read Kasicj's quote again .
When violent agitators are deliberately sent in a violent response is predictable if not expected , even hoped for . I believe you are one of this hoping .
I love statements that seem to imply all our issues are less than 8 years old.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #55
buckman

Quote:
Are you having a comprehension problem ?
Old 03-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #56
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Sort of like calling someone a Muslim when they aren't and saying they weren't born in the US, right?
No
Old 03-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Spence, we weren't this divided when Bush was President, not even close. The seeds were planted during his term, specifically, when the public opinion turned against the Iraq War, at which time all the Dems that voted for it, were suddenly saying that it was evil and immoral (that's having the courage of your convictions).

We have never been as divided as we are now. If Trump gets elected, it could definitely get worse, as he's more polarizing, and in a more combustable way, than Obama.

Obama's divisiveness is a huge reason for Trumps popularity. For 8 years, Obama has been saying that people like me are racist, uncaring hatemongers. Despite what he says, and therefore despite what you certainly believe, it's not remotely true. We're tired of it, and it's very easy for me to understand why the masses are rallying around the one guy they think will punch back. For some reason, it's noble and admiranble when Obama hits below the belt (we're all bitter clingers, all we do is "hate all the time"), but when trump does it, he gets called out for it. Trump is more vulgar about it.

Sharpton is at least as bad as Trump (worse, if your measure is body count), and Obama invites him to the Oval Office 90 times? Care to explain that?
Old 03-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #58
buckman

Quote:
It's crazy right? You yell fire and everyone runs out of the theater. Who would have thought?
That's a stretch
Old 03-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Kind of like repeating over and over that "white cops are the problem", you can't then be surprised when white cops subsequently get assassinated.

I don't know who yelled "fire", but I do know who is endlessly blaming cops (Sharpton), and I know that Sharpton still spends more time in the Oval Office than the tour guides. And why shouldn't we all be appalled by that?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #60
spence

Quote:
Sharpton is at least as bad as Trump (worse, if your measure is body count), and Obama invites him to the Oval Office 90 times? Care to explain that?
Sure, it's not true.