Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-14-2016, 10:53 AM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sure, it's not true.
Just to be clear, which part isn't true? That Sharpton is loathsome? Or that he has been invited to the White House many times?
Old 03-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #62
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Just to be clear, which part isn't true? That Sharpton is loathsome? Or that he has been invited to the White House many times?
You said Sharpton has been invited to the Oval Office 90 times, it's not true...
Old 03-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
You said Sharpton has been invited to the Oval Office 90 times, it's not true...
According to factcheck, he has been to the White House (which granted, is not the same as being invited to the Oval Office) at least 72 times as of December 2014.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...p-to-85-times/

(1) Is Sharpton objectionable to you?

if so, (2) Does it bother you that Obama legitimizes Sharpton in this way?

Have fun!

He's a loathsome, racist, tax-cheating pig. Every candidate on your side feels the need to kiss his ring.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:08 PM   #64
buckman

I find it hypocritical that Trump can be blamed for inciting his supporters to physically attack protesters but the false rhetoric of his opposition ( The media, established politicians , Bernie and Hillary ) are not blamed for inciting the protesters .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #65
Nebe

I'm sorry buck but show us where anyone that you just listed called for violence as trump has. You can't.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #66
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I'm sorry buck but show us where anyone that you just listed called for violence as trump has. You can't.
I don't think Trump has actually "called" for violence. He's jokingly made reference to it as a response to violence or disruption directed at him. Similar to Obama's "call" for his supporters to bring a gun to a knife fight.

I would prefer not to be forced to vote for him, but if it's between him and Hillary, I won't just sit it out. I'll vote for him. I am politically opposed to what Hillary stands for. I don't really know what Trump stands for.

Hillary will have the full support of her party and its members in Congress and the Judges who already are in the progressive tank and those who will be when Congress approves her nominees.

Trump will have opposition in his own party and in the SCOTUS if he tries to be a dictatorial government control freak.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think Trump has actually "called" for violence. He's jokingly made reference to it as a response to violence or disruption directed at him. Similar to Obama's "call" for his supporters to bring a gun to a knife fight.

I would prefer not to be forced to vote for him, but if it's between him and Hillary, I won't just sit it out. I'll vote for him. I am politically opposed to what Hillary stands for. I don't really know what Trump stands for.

Hillary will have the full support of her party and its members in Congress and the Judges who already are in the progressive tank and those who will be when Congress approves her nominees.

Trump will have opposition in his own party and in the SCOTUS if he tries to be a dictatorial government control freak.
"He's jokingly made reference to it as a response to violence or disruption directed at him"

Correct. It's classic Trump, and precisely why many, me included, don't like him. Though, like you, I'll plug my nose and vote for him if he gets the nomination.

"Similar to Obama's "call" for his supporters to bring a gun to a knife fight."

But when Obama does it, it's brilliant and eloquent. It's only crass when a conservative does it.

"Trump will have opposition in his own party and in the SCOTUS if he tries to be a dictatorial government control freak"

Thank God for checks and balances!

My fear is that if Trump is the nominee, he not only hands Hilary the White House, but he hands Congress back to the Dems (there are twice as many Republican Senate seats up for re-election, as Democrat, it's ripe for a Democrat takeover, House will be more likely stay with GOP).
Old 03-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #68
scottw

Quote:

Obama also told his supporters to go out and get into peoples faces...punish their enemies...I'm sure there's more....Trump is truly the white Obama...(though he's probably more qualified to be President that BO, and an even better community organizer(agitator))... ...funny how some have a problem with that all of a sudden......
Old 03-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #69
ecduzitgood
time to go

"Fighting for us" is who's slogan?
Old 03-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Trump is truly the white Obama.
Trump is 80% Obama, 20% Al Bundy.

Trump is a bit more crass and vulgar, but the tone is a LOT more Obama-esque, than you will ever hear the media admit.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #71
scottw

"For five days and nights in August 1968, demonstrators fought street battles with Chicago police and National Guard troops, a badly split Democratic Party struggled to pick a presidential nominee and a horrified nation watched it all on the nightly news."

....lot's of examples through the years...many involving feces being hurled......what's wrong with these leftys???
Old 03-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #72
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
According to factcheck, he has been to the White House (which granted, is not the same as being invited to the Oval Office) at least 72 times as of December 2014.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...p-to-85-times/
Did you read your own article? It totally debunks your own allegation.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #73
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It's not that they call for violence but they knowingly target thier radical, historically violent and hate filled groups with thier false accusations .

If the maker of the video that according to Hillary and her state department could result in an all out assault in Benghazi and the death of four great Americans , then I'm sure you will see my point

If Trump is assassinated , a very real possibility , based on the historic violent and radical nature of the the groups that support Bernie, is Bernie responsible ?
Old 03-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #74
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
If Trump is assassinated , a very real possibility , based on the historic violent and radical nature of the the groups that support Bernie, is Bernie responsible ?
I see you're parroting Trump's own nonsense now.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #75
buckman

Quote:
I see you're parroting Trump's own nonsense now.
I never heard him say that . You don't have an intelligent response I see 😊
Old 03-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #76
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
oh no, wait until Kevin sees this post.
As much as I don't really agree with that statement. I can tell you I am seriously disappointed, almost borderline disgusted, with the lack of leadership Obama has shown when it comes to racial issues in this country.

If MLK was alive 7 years ago he would have been brought to tears as his dream came to fruition with the election of a black man as president

If he was alive today he would have been brought to tears for how badly he has squandered that opportunity.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did you read your own article? It totally debunks your own allegation.
The article sa he has been to the White House at least 72 times, and that was as of 15 months ago.

Obama has admitted he brings him in to talk about race.

So I don't hitnk th earticle de-bunks anything I said, except possibly the exact count of the visits.

Who in their right mind, wants to hear ANYTHING that Sharpton has to say, on racial matters of all things? A President of the US, asking this guy's advice on race?

If you think he is to be called out for being a POS, you are a Republican, if you think he deserves to be respected and worshipped and legitimized, you are a Democrat. As usual, the air is a whole lot cleaner on my side.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:51 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
As much as I don't really agree with that statement. I can tell you I am seriously disappointed, almost borderline disgusted, with the lack of leadership Obama has shown when it comes to racial issues in this country.

If MLK was alive 7 years ago he would have been brought to tears as his dream came to fruition with the election of a black man as president

If he was alive today he would have been brought to tears for how badly he has squandered that opportunity.
We haven't been this divided in a long, long time. I know contribute to it as much as anyone. But there's no denying what you said.

MLK would have despised Rev Wright's "church", Obama sat there for 20 years, and only left when it was politically necessary for him to do so. MLK would have despised Bill Ayers' use of violence, yet Ayers was a political mentor to Obama.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #79
spence

Quote:
Can't believe you had a straight face when you typed that.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #80
detbuch

Quote:
Can't believe you had a straight face when you typed that.
So what
Old 03-15-2016, 01:21 AM   #81
scottw

dems are funny...

from POLITICO- "Bill Clinton referred to Barack Obama as a Chicago thug during the 2008 presidential campaign. This after Clinton some years earlier had told Juanita Broaddrick, ‘Put some ice on that lip’ after she said he raped her.”

OBAMA’S VIOLENT RHETORIC

June 7, 2010 “Whose Ass To Kick”

June 13, 2008 “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama told the audience. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

September 18, 2008 “Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face”

March 30, 2009 “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry. I’m angry.”

August 8, 2009 “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.”

February 28, 2009 “I know they [the special interests and lobbyists] are gearing up for a fight as we speak. My message to them is this: so am I.”

summer of 2009 Senior White House adviser David Axelrod and deputy chief of staff Jim Messina told Democrat Senators, “If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard.”

2010 midterm campaign Obama urged Hispanics to “punish our enemies”

December 13, 2010 “I will be happy to see the Republicans test whether or not I’m itching for a fight on a whole range of issues,” Obama said last week. “I suspect they will find I am.

October 7, 2010 “If they’re successful in doing that, they’ve already said they’re going to go back to the same policies that were in place during the Bush administration. That means that we are going to have just hand-to-hand combat up here on Capitol Hill.”

....from CNN

"dozens of protesters disrupted Trump's rally inside a Kansas City theater, crowds of demonstrators gathered outside.

As Trump supporters left the venue, protesters shouted and cursed at them -- and any passersby coming from the direction of the theater -- calling them "f***ing racists."

Alicia Valeanzela, who was shouting those words at people she believed to be Trump supporters, said she believed anyone supporting Trump supports a racist, xenophobic ideology.

"He's a f***ing bigot. He's an a**hole," she said.

Among those targeted by the protesters' cries were the Toates family: father Phillip, his wife and their three children, including a 10-year-old son.

"How do they know I even attended the rally? They say Trump's all about hate, but we have not been about hate and that's the way we got treated when we came out," said Phillip Toates, who said he is leaning toward supporting Trump but is still undecided."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/12/politi...rump-protests/

Trump should call for term limits for Congress members and free mental screenings for liberals....it would be "AMAZING"

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2.../donald-trump/

who is CAUSING the violence at Trump rallies?

Last edited by scottw; 03-15-2016 at 01:43 AM..
Old 03-15-2016, 04:37 AM   #82
wdmso

your example: September 18, 2008 “Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face”

the whole quote

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they're independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face!"

Sorry I didn't have time to debunk all your comparision examples

I guess Trump supporters would only focus on the Get in their face part of the message and see it as a green light to assault people or spit in their Face .. or a call to violence

While those of us who need mental screenings would read the whole statement in the context of sell the message dont give up.. argue your position be loud and be heard .. But I guess thats what separates us from Trump supporters

And now he want to arrest protester for protesting he's going to press charges against them Interesting
Old 03-15-2016, 06:10 AM   #83
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
your example: September 18, 2008 “Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face”

the whole quote

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they're independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face!"

Sorry I didn't have time to debunk all your comparision examples

I guess Trump supporters would only focus on the Get in their face part of the message and see it as a green light to assault people or spit in their Face .. or a call to violence

While those of us who need mental screenings would read the whole statement in the context of sell the message dont give up.. argue your position be loud and be heard .. But I guess thats what separates us from Trump supporters

And now he want to arrest protester for protesting he's going to press charges against them Interesting
Now that Trump has been awarded Secret Service protection, protesters threatening him can face serious consequences.
Trump supporters certainly have the legal right to protect themselves from groups that have a violent past. From the videos I saw, Trump supporters were protecting themselves . I have yet to see Trump supporters burning down buildings , looting and beating up people simply because they are of a different race .
Old 03-15-2016, 06:38 AM   #84
scottw

what an incredible ability to ignore the behavior or these "protesters" as well as the history of this type of behavior from the left and instead focus on Trump as some kind of exception and ....how about democrat supporting unions, how have they behaved over the years particularly around election time? democrats have been thugs in general, have set the standard for bad behavior and now act horrified that Trump kinda resembles them...too damn funny.....
Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 AM   #85
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Now that Trump has been awarded Secret Service protection, protesters threatening him can face serious consequences.
Trump supporters certainly have the legal right to protect themselves from groups that have a violent past. From the videos I saw, Trump supporters were protecting themselves . I have yet to see Trump supporters burning down buildings , looting and beating up people simply because they are of a different race .
Yea, like sucker punching a protester walking out of the arena? Has there been a since incident of a Trump protester actually starting a fight?

Do you have any idea why the protesters are so upset?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:00 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:

Do you have any idea why the protesters are so upset?
yup...cause after 8 years of hoping for change their lives still suck and they want to blame someone...they apparently have the time in their lives to go to a rally for someone they'll never support to express hate and make asses out of themselves...probably just wanna be on the news
Old 03-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #87
spence

Quote:
yup...cause after 8 years of hoping for change their lives still suck and they want to blame someone...they apparently have the time in their lives to go to a rally for someone they'll never support to express hate and make asses out of themselves...probably just wanna be on the news
I was talking about the protesters, not the Trump supporters.

There goes that number 8 again...
Old 03-15-2016, 07:16 AM   #88
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1096259

Do you have any idea why the protesters are so upset?[/QUOTE]

Well a vast majority of them I believe need to find some sort of narcissistic self important issue to latch on to , so they can call them self an activist whatever the #^&#^&#^&#^& that means . Other than that, no, I have no idea what they stand for .
Old 03-15-2016, 07:19 AM   #89
scottw

I don't think the Trump supporters are upset...seems like they are there having a great time till the protesters show up uninvited acting like fools and warranting arrest in some cases....

Trump tried to go to one of the most violent cities in the world the other day, completely run by democrats for decades....and Trump was accused of inciting violence....hilarious....mental disorder
Old 03-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #90
spence

Quote:
I don't think the Trump supporters are upset...seems like they are there having a great time till the protesters show up uninvited acting like fools and warranting arrest in some cases....
Of course they're having a great time, who doesn't like a free show?