Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-15-2016, 08:29 AM   #91
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Of course they're having a great time, who doesn't like a free show?
And the protesters ...Of course they're having a great time . Who doesn't like everything for free .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:

Do you have any idea why the protesters are so upset?
No one likes getting offended, and Trump is offensive.

So is Al Sharpton. Yet you don't see white conservatives rioting to prevent him from speaking.

WHY IS THAT, SPENCE?

Liberals would be well-served to take 5 minutes and read the Bill Of Rights, there must be a children's pop-up book version of it somewhere. In there, it says Trump has the right to free speech, and that his supporters have the right to free assembly.

Nowhere in there, does it say that liberals have the right to never be offended. That right doesn't exist.

Liberals love plurality of everything, except ideas.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #93
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No one likes getting offended, and Trump is offensive.

So is Al Sharpton. Yet you don't see white conservatives rioting to prevent him from speaking.

WHY IS THAT, SPENCE?

Liberals would be well-served to take 5 minutes and read the Bill Of Rights, there must be a children's pop-up book version of it somewhere. In there, it says Trump has the right to free speech, and that his supporters have the right to free assembly.

Nowhere in there, does it say that liberals have the right to never be offended. That right doesn't exist.

Liberals love plurality of everything, except ideas.
Jim , I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive . It seams you have fallen for the Romney / media talking points . What he says is off the cuff , without script band almost always portrayed out of context . You're too bright to fall for that and certainly able to read between the lines . It's refreshing to have that, as even Megyn Kelly has said . He is a master at dominating the air waves . I believe he just might be a bit smarter then you give him credit for .
He shouldn't even be used in the same post as an Al Sharpton.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #94
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Jim , I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive . It seams you have fallen for the Romney / media talking points .
If my kids talked like Trump they'd get suspended from school. In nearly every situation where he could speak like a leader he instead turns to obscenities, division and blaming others. He seems willing to make just about anything up to suit his point and pull the worst from people.

He's a just con artist and a masterful one at that.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
If my kids talked like Trump they'd get suspended from school. In nearly every situation where he could speak like a leader he instead turns to obscenities, division and blaming others. He seems willing to make just about anything up to suit his point and pull the worst from people.

Again you say things about a Republican that can be said about Democrats. What's your point? Is it that Trump is better at it?
Old 03-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim , I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive . It seams you have fallen for the Romney / media talking points . What he says is off the cuff , without script band almost always portrayed out of context . You're too bright to fall for that and certainly able to read between the lines . It's refreshing to have that, as even Megyn Kelly has said . He is a master at dominating the air waves . I believe he just might be a bit smarter then you give him credit for .
He shouldn't even be used in the same post as an Al Sharpton.
"I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive"

He said he didn't respect John McCain because he was captured, and he made fun of Carly Fiorina's looks. I think I have pretty thick skin, but I don't know how anyone can fail to be deeply offended by that.

I could care less about what 'offends' the liberals who live in the upper west side of Manhattan or Hollywood, bit those are the things that offend me.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #97
spence

Quote:
He said he didn't respect John McCain because he was captured, and he made fun of Carly Fiorina's looks. I think I have pretty thick skin, but I don't know how anyone can fail to be deeply offended by that.
Couldn't agree more. The McCain comment was over the top. Making fun of a person's looks is great lesson to teach your kids.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
Based on the fact that you won't concede that Hilary has ever lied, I'd say she conned you pretty good.

She also says I am pro-life because I hate wonen's health (in reality it's because I have empathy for the baby), that if I am concerned about our debt it's because I hate poor people, if I want secure borders it's because I hate Mexicans, if I support freedom of religion it's because I hate homosexuals, blah blah blah.

Part of the reason why people like Trump, is because when liberals inevitably hit below the belt (which they do when they know they can't debate the merits of their positions), Trump (unlike Bush, McCain, and Romney) will roll up his sleeves, put on a pair of brass knuckles, and hit back, hard, and call you nasty names while he's doing it. Some of those people deserve exactly that.

He goes too far, and he does it to people who don't deserve it...that's my isue with it. But we need someone, when Hilary claims to be a feminist, who will tell her to STFU, that she has no moral authority on feminism because of who she married, and how she attacked his victims. I genuinely respect Trump's willingness to call that crap out for EXACTLY what it is.

If all conservatives responded a bit more like Trump, liberals would be a lot less likely to lie about what conservatives believe. He's a lot like Ann Coulter, but more so. I have seen Ann Coulter put these smug liberals in their place, and leave them unable to respond, more times than I can count.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #99
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Again you say things about a Republican that can be said about Democrats. What's your point? Is it that Trump is better at it?
I don't think there's any parity between Trump and and Democrats running for office.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. The McCain comment was over the top. Making fun of a person's looks is great lesson to teach your kids.
Yet it doesn't bother you one bit when Hilary says that because I am anti-abortion, I therefore don't care about women's health.

I have never, not once, ever, heard a liberal say "I respect that pro-life people have empathy for the baby. However, I believe that empathy is mis-placed for the following reasons..."

They never, ever do that. Because if the issue is debated honestly like that, my side suddenly looks a lot less repugnant, and liberals can't deal with that, even if it's the truth.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #101
detbuch

Quote:
I don't think there's any parity between Trump and and Democrats running for office.
There is a great deal of similarity. I don't know what you mean by parity.

And I was referring to your "In nearly every situation where he could speak like a leader he instead turns to . . . division and blaming others. He seems willing to make just about anything up to suit his point and pull the worst from people" as being something you could also say about Democrats. Obama for instance.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:06 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Of course not, because you will not (or cannot, I'm not sure which) hold Democrats to any moral standards, or call them out when they violate said standards.

Trump is more crass and vulgar than anyone we've seen in a while. But I don't think he's much more divisive than Hilary or Obama. It's just that liberals aren't used to being on the receiving end of it. And they don't like it at all. But they are completely at ease dishing it out. Listen to Deb Wasserman Shultz for 10 seconds, and tell me I'm wrong.

If liberals practiced what they preached in terms of tolerance, I'd wager Trump would not be in the race right now. Just my opinion.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
BINGO. Liberals are finding out that it's a lot nicer to be the one dishing that out, than being on the receiving end of it. That's the only real difference, although you'd have to say Trump is more boorish about it too.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #104
buckman

Quote:
"I don't find what Trymp says as that offensive"

I could care less about what 'offends' the liberals who live in the upper west side of Manhattan or Hollywood, bit those are the things that offend me.
I'll agree he does occasionally say some pretty outlandish things , everyone does . You just called him a con artist , nice talking point , but you have no evidence that this is a con . How is that so much different .
I grew up in a large Irish family , we always kid each other and I can't ever remember anyone being upset . People are too sensitive now a days , it creates all kinda stress and hate .
Lighten up
Old 03-15-2016, 11:28 AM   #105
Nebe

People who are rooting for trump are all being duped. It's obvious he is doing all of this for media attention and is going to cash in big time after the election with a movie or another reality TV show.
Some of the people who love this guy are the ones who think duck dynasty is real and that the characters are real and that reality tv is unscripted.

Sorry for the rant
Old 03-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #106
Nebe

Quote:
I'll agree he does occasionally say some pretty outlandish things , everyone does . You just called him a con artist , nice talking point , but you have no evidence that this is a con . How is that so much different .
I grew up in a large Irish family , we always kid each other and I can't ever remember anyone being upset . People are too sensitive now a days , it creates all kinda stress and hate .
Lighten up
Trump is certainly a con artist.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
Lighten up
"everyone does"

Not everyone could say that John McCain's capture means he doesn't deserve respect. 99% of Americans would be incapable of saying that out loud.

When he hits back at people who have it coming, I genuinely respect it.

Finally, maybe my biggest issue with him, is this...I have no way of knowing what he really believes, about some issues I care deeply about. A few years ago, his stated posiitons were a lot more aligned with the liberal wing of the Democratic party, than the GOP. Maybe he genuinely saw the light.

Also, even if I loved everything about him, I am objective enough to know that his nomination could mean we hand the Oval Office, and far worse the Congress, back to the Democrats. I'd rather win with my second choice, then get clobbered with my first choice.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #108
Nebe

Boom!!! Nebe is right once again.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...tion-by-trump/
Old 03-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #109
spence

Quote:
Finally, maybe my biggest issue with him, is this...I have no way of knowing what he really believes, about some issues I care deeply about. A few years ago, his stated posiitons were a lot more aligned with the liberal wing of the Democratic party, than the GOP. Maybe he genuinely saw the light.
It's cold calculation. Trump is intentionally scrambling things up in an attempt to create a new voting block where he's the only candidate.

We can call it the "Reality Tea Vee Party"
Old 03-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #110
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
In nearly every situation where he could speak like a leader he instead turns to obscenities, division and blaming others. He seems willing to make just about anything up to suit his point and pull the worst from people.

Sounds just like Sharpton

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #111
buckman

Quote:
"everyone does"

Not everyone could say that John McCain's capture means he doesn't deserve respect. 99% of Americans would be incapable of saying that out loud.

When he hits back at people who have it coming, I genuinely respect it.

Also, even if I loved everything about him, I am objective enough to know that his nomination could mean we hand the Oval Office, and far worse the Congress, back to the Democrats. I'd rather win with my second choice, then get clobbered with my first choice.
I'm not sure we know the position of any of them . They all muddle there position to cater to the crowd . I don't think he can be accused of the pandering and empty promises the others are guilty of . You have to take some of his words as symbolic . He's not outright lying and I'm starting to believe his ego will prevent him from being dishonest . The others make a living at being dishonest .
When it comes down to him or Hillary you simple have no choice .
After today it's over
Sorry Nebe , Bernie is a done too
Old 03-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #112
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Or Obama ... A legacy of missed opportunity
Old 03-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #113
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Boom!!! Nebe is right once again.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...tion-by-trump/
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump offered Carson something to sweeten the pot if he got his endorsement. That's the first thing I thought when Ben did endorse. But what Carson said on the video does not say a position was offered. Only some vague, still very liquid notion of an advisory relationship.

And Carson's explicitly stated reason he endorsed Trump was well thought out and logical.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump is intentionally scrambling things up in an attempt to create a new voting block where he's the only candidate.

We can call it the "Reality Tea Vee Party"
Would be more accurate to call it "page 1 of the Democratic playbook". Splinter society into as many fragmented "victim" groups as possible, convince said victims that the GOP is to blame for all of their problems, and hope it adds up to 51% of the electorate.

If Mexicans ever start voting for the GOP, watch how fast the Dems change their tune on immigration. They'll build a one-way, high speed train for these people that will take them to the southern tip of South America.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:24 PM   #115
Jim in CT

Quote:
Correct!

Yet Sharpton gets (1) his own TV show, and (2) regular invitations from Obama to come to DC to discuss policy. And at the same time, liberals don't want to let Trump speak.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #116
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm not sure we know the position of any of them . They all muddle there position to cater to the crowd . I don't think he can be accused of the pandering and empty promises the others are guilty of . You have to take some of his words as symbolic . He's not outright lying and I'm starting to believe his ego will prevent him from being dishonest . The others make a living at being dishonest .
When it comes down to him or Hillary you simple have no choice .
After today it's over
Sorry Nebe , Bernie is a done too
Find me a video of Ted Cruz zaying he's pro-abortion.

If Trump is the nominee, i will plug my nose and vote for him against Hilary. But I won't be as proud to do it as I was in 08 or 12, not even close.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #117
buckman

Quote:
Find me a video of Ted Cruz zaying he's pro-abortion.

If Trump is the nominee, i will plug my nose and vote for him against Hilary. But I won't be as proud to do it as I was in 08 or 12, not even close.
I changed my own position on abortion so I can relate .
Cruz is my favorite but I don't think he can beat Trump in the primary
Old 03-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #118
Nebe

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump offered Carson something to sweeten the pot if he got his endorsement. That's the first thing I thought when Ben did endorse. But what Carson said on the video does not say a position was offered. Only some vague, still very liquid notion of an advisory relationship.

And Carson's explicitly stated reason he endorsed Trump was well thought out and logical.
I would think the same is to be assumed with Cristy's endorsement. Looking out for number 1 always
Old 03-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #119
spence

Quote:
Is Al Sharpton a front running presidential candidate? Has he ever been?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #120
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is Al Sharpton a front running presidential candidate? Has he ever been?
Funny, your original post didn't mention anything about president.....you said leader.

You know you can be a leader without a title.....done all the time by people of upstanding character.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."