Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #31
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

LOL to this entire thread and dead on Jim! If infidelity is such an issue, how to explain the Clintons?
Old 03-28-2016, 10:34 AM   #32
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1097485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

Then please tell us why Bill Clinton remains enormously popular with liberals.
Its about Cruz and the Republicans who will may or may not vote for him if it is Factual ...

this has nothing to do with Bill , most liberals dont care what people do behind closed doors even Cruz
Old 03-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #33
buckman

[QUOTE=wdmso;1097490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Its about Cruz and the Republicans who will may or may not vote for him if it is Factual ...

this has nothing to do with Bill , most liberals dont care what people do behind closed doors even Cruz
There is nothing factual about any of this . I read Obamas from Mars on page 2
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
LOL to this entire thread and dead on Jim! If infidelity is such an issue, how to explain the Clintons?
Easy to explain the Clintons. Much of liberalism is based on this notion - "if it feels good, do it". Liberals don't care about such old-fashioned things as ethics, responsibility, committment, or consequences. That's why the liberal agenda has gone from merely distasteful, to almost satanic. We can't give schoolchildren sodas, because they aren't responsible enough to manage that. But we can give them condoms! Nothing stupid about that, nope!

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-28-2016 at 01:02 PM..
Old 03-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
Eas to explain the Clintons. Much of liberalism is based on this notion - "if it feels good, do it". Liberals don't care about such old-fashioned things as ethics, responsibility, committment, or consequences. That's why the liberal agenda has gone from merely distasteful, to almost satanic. We can't give schoolchildren sodas, because they aren't responsible enough to manage that. But we can give them condoms! Nothing stupid about that, nope!
You have a lot of hate.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You have a lot of hate.
Your side says it's wrong to hand out soda and chocolate milk at school, but "enlightened" to hand out condoms in school. I point out the insanity of that. In response you tell me I am full of hate.

Liberalism 101: when a thoughtful conservative backs you into a corner from which there is no escape (which will happen often when you think it's beter to serve condoms in school than chocolate milk), accuse hom of being a racist, a sexist, a homophobe, a xenophobe, an Islamophobe, or some other kind of hatemonger.

Heck, that's a whole lot easier than admitting that your side's position here is looney tunes.

If I put smiley faces on those posts, will it make you feel better? There isn't a little haert thingy, unfortunately.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-28-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Old 03-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #37
PaulS

Conservative 101 - I got mine so you should be able to get yours. If you can't, it is your fault. Pull yourself up by the bookstraps. I'm not giving any of my hard earned $ to you. You just want a handout.

Love the fetus, hate the baby.

Don't take away any of my personal freedoms - unless I want to tell you what to do with your body or who to marry.

Let's lock up all the Muslims and then when people complain, cry that they are calling me a Islamophobe or a hatemonger.

Pull out the old racist strawman card again - Kevin is going to hate when he sees that.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #38
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Didn't see anything racist in either post....
Old 03-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Didn't see anything racist in either post....No, just a lot of stupid stereotypes.
He is claiming that people use the racism card when no one here ever does. A lot of his posts claims people call others racist.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:27 PM   #40
buckman

Quote:
Conservative 101 - I got mine so you should be able to get yours. If you can't, it is your fault. Pull yourself up by the bookstraps. I'm not giving any of my hard earned $ to you. You just want a handout.

Love the fetus, hate the baby.

Don't take away any of my personal freedoms - unless I want to tell you what to do with your body or who to marry.

Let's lock up all the Muslims and then when people complain, cry that they are calling me a Islamophobe or a hatemonger.

Pull out the old racist strawman card again - Kevin is going to hate when he sees that.
Solid proof that liberals are insane
Old 03-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Liberalism 101: when a thoughtful conservative backs you into a corner from which there is no escape (which will happen often when you think it's beter to serve condoms in school than chocolate milk), accuse hom of being a racist, a sexist, a homophobe, a xenophobe, an Islamophobe, or some other kind of hatemonger.
Solid proof that conservatives are insane.

Last edited by PaulS; 03-28-2016 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: wanted to type as dumb of a post as the one before it.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
He is claiming that people use the racism card when no one here ever does. A lot of his posts claims people call others racist.
There were definitely stupid stereotypes.....in both posts....yours as well

And actually, yours was harsher.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #43
PaulS

I hope you know my whole post was meant to be a stupid stereotype.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:25 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
You don't htink liberals (not the ones here) have a habit of using the race card? Obama doesn't? Hilary doesn't?

Whatever...
Old 03-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
I hope you know my whole post was meant to be a stupid stereotype.
Here's the difference...there is nohting in you rpost that is an accurate description of the conservative agenda...zip. I said liberals would rather see schoolchildren get condoms than chocolate milk and soda. I have facts to back that up. By and large, that's exactly what liberals believe. And it's bat-sh*t crazy.

Here's one for you Paul. Bill Clinton kicked millions of poor people off welfare. He cut spending and balanced the budget. I mean, the Tea Party agenda is basically calling for a return to what Clinton did. Yet Clinton is a hero to liberals, and the Tea Party is villified by liberals.

Why is that?

Have fun with that.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:05 PM   #46
spence

Quote:
Here's one for you Paul. Bill Clinton kicked millions of poor people off welfare. He cut spending and balanced the budget. I mean, the Tea Party agenda is basically calling for a return to what Clinton did. Yet Clinton is a hero to liberals, and the Tea Party is villified by liberals.

Why is that?

Have fun with that.
Clinton raised taxes at a time the economy was cranking and the world was relatively peaceful which afforded the spending cuts.

You're cherry picking like a hamster correlating the size of the water bottle with wheel speed.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Clinton raised taxes at a time the economy was cranking and the world was relatively peaceful which afforded the spending cuts.

You're cherry picking like a hamster correlating the size of the water bottle with wheel speed.
I htunk he raised taxes, then lowered them. He also cut spending to the point of generating a surplus, and kicked millions off welfare.

From that, all you mention is the tax hikes. Bit I am the one cherry-picking. After the Gingrich revolution, taxes were cut, apending was cut more. And it worked.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Spence, he raised taxes in 1993. Then cut them in 1997. In 1997, he cut the capital gains tax rate from 28% to 20%. If anyone proposed a similar capital gains cut today, liberals would say that person wants to make rich people richer and let everyone else starve.

Then there's the welfare reform. Boy, do libs want to forget that ever happened.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #49
PaulS

Quote:
You don't htink liberals (not the ones here) have a habit of using the race card? Obama doesn't? Hilary doesn't?

Whatever...
You use the race card more than anyone I know. Careful you don't turn into what you hate.

Last edited by PaulS; 03-28-2016 at 08:53 PM..
Old 03-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
You use the race card more than anyone I know. Careful you don't turn into what you hate.
"You use the race card more than anyone I know."

Pointing out that libs use the race card, isn't me using the race card. I occasionally say that Obama is a racist, because I can back that up. I would submit that no one who sits in Rev Wrights church for 20 years, and really embraces that crap, isn't a racist.

"Careful you don't turn into what you hate"

Yes, I'm going to turn into a liberal, right after I get drafted by the Boston Celtics.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:33 AM   #51
PaulS

Sure it is. Constantly claiming someone uses the race card is as bad as calling someone a racist.

I don't think the liberals here have anywhere near the hate you demonstrate daily in your posts.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure it is. Constantly claiming someone uses the race card is as bad as calling someone a racist.

I don't think the liberals here have anywhere near the hate you demonstrate daily in your posts.
"Constantly claiming someone uses the race card is as bad as calling someone a racist"

Not when I am demonstrably correct.

"I don't think the liberals here have anywhere near the hate you demonstrate daily in your posts"

Let us all make sure we get this straight:

Liberals: it's better for schoolchildren to get condoms at school than chocolate milk.

Jim: That seems stupid to me.

PaulS: Jim, you are full of hate.

Is that about right?

Again, anytime a thoughtful person uses facts and issues to point out the many insane tenants of liberalism, we are accused of hate. Got it.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #53
PaulS

The hate cause you to spit on protesters and sucker punch them. Even leads to campaign managers getting arrested.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #54
buckman

Quote:
The hate cause you to spit on protesters and sucker punch them. Even leads to campaign managers getting arrested.
You didn't happen to see any hate from the protesters did you ??
Yea that's what I thought
Old 03-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
"hate cause you to spit on protesters and sucker punch them"

ME? I beg to differ, sir...

"Even leads to campaign managers getting arrested"

I agree Trump is peddling somthing close to hate. On that issue...you-me, same page.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #56
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
You didn't happen to see any hate from the protesters did you ??
Yea that's what I thought
I see protesters - Stupid protesters who should limit themselves to staying outside to protest but spitting and suckerpunching people is at a whole other level. Do you think it has something to do with Trump insulting and demeaning their religion or nationality?

Are you ok with spitting on people and sucker punching them
Old 03-29-2016, 12:46 PM   #57
PaulS

Quote:
"hate cause you to spit on protesters and sucker punch them"

ME? I beg to differ, sir...no, not you. Worded badly - sorry. should have said "causes people"

"Even leads to campaign managers getting arrested"

I agree Trump is peddling somthing close to hate. On that issue...you-me, same page.
Yes, but look at the % of people who are supporting him.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #58
spence

I'd say the protesters are showing more disgust than hate. Trump's inciting the hate.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #59
spence

Quote:
Even leads to campaign managers getting arrested.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politi...ery/index.html

Can't make this stuff up. I wonder if Trump is going to cover his legal fees?
Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd say the protesters are showing more disgust than hate. Trump's inciting the hate.
RIght, right. So when Hilary says that Republicans are "the enemy", and that we don't care about women's health, and that we want black people to starve to death, and that we all want dirty air and water...none of that fans the flames of hate. Nope. That's just brilliant oration when she does it.