Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-10-2016, 05:03 AM   #1
Jim in CT

NC bathroom law

The feds gave the governor 3 working days to repeal their bathroom law. Once again, it appears that the Obama administration needs to take high school civics, because the governor cannot unilaterally repeal a duly constituted law. The legislature needs to do that before he signs it.

3 days is also ridiculous. The governor asked for an extension. The feds agreed to give him a one week extension, ONLY IF the governor would acknowledge that his law was discriminatory. That's how this administration behaves...they will consider your rights, as long as you go on TV and admit they you were a bigot for daring to disagree with them.

As I understand it, the Civil Rights Act gives the feds the authority to prevent discrimination "based on sex". Well, for 235 years in this country, we always presumed that sex was determined by whether or not you were born with a wee-wee. The state of NC wants to have public bathrooms by sex. Everyone of one sex uses one restroom, everyone of the other sex uses the other restroom. We now live in an age, where that thought is at best controversial, at worst it's hatemongering.

You can choose what clothes to wear. You can choose how to wear your hair. You can choose whom to be romantically involved with. You cannot choose your sex, it's in the DNA you were born with.

I cannot believe we are even having this national conversation, and I honestly don't know what unites us as a country anymore.

And for the Obama administration to withhold an extension unless the governor went on TV and allowed them to throw eggs at his face...well, Obama's pettiness and vindictiveness never ceases to amaze. A world class azzhole.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:25 AM   #2
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Seems a clear violation of the 10th Ammendment, as this is clearly a State issue. Where is Congress on this issue? or is this an example of the executive branch using it's influence and then using a court decision to turn executive action into law?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-10-2016, 07:49 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Congress (even when controlled by the Dems) has been petitioned to modify the Civil Rights Act, to include transgenders as a protected class. Congress, even when controlled by the Dems, chose not to do so.

Obama has never been discouraged by silly little annoying obstacles such as the Constitution, and when the wheels of democracy aren't moving fast enough, he is willing to give totalitarianism a try.

How can anyone not be outraged by the offer of an extension, with the condition that the governor publicly acknowledge being a bigot? Where does it say that conservatives have to publicly humiliate themselves, in order to have the right to petition for reddress of grievences?

AND HOW IS IT SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION to say that if your sex is 'male', you use the men's room?

My 9 year old chooses to identify as a bird. Therefore, I want the ACLU to sue my town's board of education, because he is not being accommodated. I want him to sit at a nest instead of a desk, and I want earthworms added to the cefeteria menu.

See how stupid that sounds? We cannot all bend over backwards and turn our moral compass (what's left of it) upside down, in order to accommodate every single conceiveable human impulse.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #4
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

See how stupid that sounds? We cannot all bend over backwards and turn our moral compass (what's left of it) upside down, in order to accommodate every single conceiveable human impulse.
Well that makes you a close minded, insensitive racist pig. You should cater your life around the .0000001% of society who are gender confused.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
Nebe

a gay, a tranny and a baker go into a bar.... Jim was glued to the window to see what happened next.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
Jim in CT

If I was governor of NC, I would pen this letter to AG Loretta Lynch..

Ms Lynch, I received your leter demanding that I comply with your agenda or face the forfeiture of federal funding.

I have a beter idea - go &*#! yourself. We would rather drive on bumpy roads and maintain our grip on reality and decency, than embrace insanity and climb in bed with crazy tyrants like you. Unlike the liberal areas of the country, people and businesses are flocking to NC, and our economy is growing like crazy, and we cannot build houses fast enough for the tax refugees seeking asylum here. So it appears we don't need you nearly enough to accept these strong arm tactics.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
spence

Jim, is your wife a bird?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:46 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Nope. Now can you answer a question?

Spence, is someone born with a donger and male DNA, who wears a wig and a dress, a woman? Yes or no. The answer is hell, no.

Spence, how do you like Obama telling the NC Governor, that he can only get an extension if he agrees to walk around with a dunce cap? Because if it's OK for Obama to do that, than it's OK for Trump (pretend he gets elected) to do it, too. I suspect you'd have HUGE issues (or should I say yuuge issues) with Trump employing this tactic against liberals who act stupidly.

The civil rights act says the feds can prevent discrimination on the basis of sex. No sane person can argue that the NC law (which says all men use one bathroom, all women use the other) discriminates against anyone based on their sex.

If I 'choose to identify' as someone who gets all his income from capital gains, doe sthat mean Obama's IRS will let me pay the (lower) capital gains tax rate on my income?

You don't choose your sex. You can disguise it, and you should have the right to do so, if it makes you feel good. But you cannot change the sex you were born with, and that is irrefutable fact. It's in your DNA, and no amount of makeup or surgical mutilation can ever make that wrong.

And the comparisons to Jim Crow laws are beyond ridiculous. If I have a wee-wee, telling me that I must use a mens room (in public only), is morally equivalent to turning firehouses and German Shephards on huge numbers of people? Yeah that makes a ton of sense.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-10-2016 at 01:55 PM..
Old 05-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #9
scottw

I'm still trying to figure out...when Bruce Jenner says she's not gay...does that mean his Johnson is attracted to women and not men or her boobs are attracted to men and not women?
Old 05-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm still trying to figure out...when Bruce Jenner says she's not gay...does that mean his Johnson is attracted to women and not men or her boobs are attracted to men and not women?
They problem here is you sit and worry about these people.

Worry about yourself.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
They problem here is you sit and worry about these people.

Worry about yourself.
I'm not worrying...just curious...if I don't figure these things out and come to the proper conclusions, I'll be branded all sorts of horrible things....
Old 05-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #12
wdmso

More manufactured Outrage who cares who is in the stall next to you.. so Men are you Afraid of a Female transgender person who looks like a guy using the stall or do we think their going to whip their a shewee at the urinal?? or is just about men dressed as women in a women's rest room... some college's have uni sex bathrooms

According to a study by the University of Massachusetts, there are over 150 college campuses across the US that are creating gender-neutral restrooms.

Not so long ago we also had white and Black bathrooms you can change with the times or be stuck in the past the choice is an individual one .. and neither one bothers me one bit
Old 05-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More manufactured Outrage who cares who is in the stall next to you.. so Men are you Afraid of a Female transgender person who looks like a guy using the stall or do we think their going to whip their a shewee at the urinal?? or is just about men dressed as women in a women's rest room... some college's have uni sex bathrooms

According to a study by the University of Massachusetts, there are over 150 college campuses across the US that are creating gender-neutral restrooms.

Not so long ago we also had white and Black bathrooms you can change with the times or be stuck in the past the choice is an individual one .. and neither one bothers me one bit
I am not afraid for my safety. But just because I am unafraid, even if I am comfortable with something, doesn't mean that I can force that comfort on everyone else.

I don't want anyone with the male anatomy in the bathroom with my wife. If I had daughters, I would feel much stronger.

"Not so long ago we also had white and Black bathrooms "

The Obama administration keeps using the comparison to Jim Crow laws, and it's absurd. Gender anatomy isn't the same as skin color, not even close, and it's not a coincidence that we didn't argue about this for 230 years until this particular jerk got elected POTUS. And comparing this to actual, brutal discrimination, is very dismissive to those who experienced it.

Allowing people of different races (same gender) to use the same bathroom, does not invite perversion or voyeurism.

If you had a 9 year-old daughter, you wouldn't care if I put on a wig and followed her into the girls' room? I can't fathom that, I just can't. And I don't think that makes me Archie Bunker for feeling that way.

And regardless of how either of us feels, the Civil Rights Act makes it very clear when the feds can step in to address perceived discrimination. As that law is written, how one chooses to present oneself, isn't on that list. Which means, it's a state issue. End of story. Unless you have a POTUS who thinks he gets to ignore the Constitution when it suits him.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #14
Nebe

Because taking a dump makes trannies horny we should all run in fear.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Eben...I'm picturing you dressed as a woman right now....
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, she is not a bird. Even if she dresses in feathers and puts on a beak, and says she is a bird, she is not a bird.

But she is just as close to being a bird, as I am to being a woman, if I put on a dress and a wig, and declare that I am a woman.

In that scenario, she and I would be equally wrong.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nebe, let's pretend I assume true transgenders aren't a threat (I don't assume that, but pretend I do). But there have been cases of women being assaulted (and having their privacy violated) by men, in public restrooms. What Obama wants to do, makes that a lot easier.

You really don't get the other side, huh? It's not that hard. It's what the entire country believed for th efirst 230 years of our existence. Not that long ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #18
Nebe

I'm about 1000000% sure that a demented heterosexual male is going to assault someone in a bathroom before a tranny would.
Just like the same type of male is going to kill someone vs a terrorist attack (in relation to gun control debate)
Old 05-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #19
buckman

Quote:
I'm about 1000000% sure that a demented heterosexual male is going to assault someone in a bathroom before a tranny would.
Just like the same type of male is going to kill someone vs a terrorist attack (in relation to gun control debate)
Well since we're going to allow anybody into anyone's bathroom, then I guess it's going to be a more common occurrence . Also, anything over 100% is moot 😊
Old 05-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #20
Nebe

When I go to take a piss, I don't even make eye contact with people. You do your business and leave.
The more I learn about life the more I learn how scared some are to be alive and interact with people unlike them. I'm actually posting this from Jamaica right now and have had to interact with guys that I at first we're going to rob me and ended up being the most beautiful caring people. They are just different.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
"I'm about 1000000% sure that a demented heterosexual male is going to assault someone in a bathroom before a tranny would"

Agreed! But you are missing the point. These laws that allow any man to use the ladies room, make it easier for the demented heterosexual man to claim he's a tranny, to get access to the ladies room. If a man goes into the ladies room, there is no way to tell if it's a tranny, or just a perveted hetero. The solution which causes the fewest number of people to be inconvenienced, is to leave it the way it's been for 230 years. Please tell me where I am wrong.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
When I go to take a piss, I don't even make eye contact with people. You do your business and leave.
The more I learn about life the more I learn how scared some are to be alive and interact with people unlike them. I'm actually posting this from Jamaica right now and have had to interact with guys that I at first we're going to rob me and ended up being the most beautiful caring people. They are just different.
Good God. I am willing to interact with anyone, in the appropriate setting. A public restroom has a specific function, and people who go in there, especially women, deserve to feel private and secure. I can't believe that is lost on you.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #23
scottw

Quote:
how's the weed?
Old 05-10-2016, 07:36 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More manufactured Outrage

Are you referring to the manufactured "outrage" of transgenders because they are not allowed in bathrooms designated for people who have different genitalia then they do?

who cares who is in the stall next to you.. so Men are you Afraid of a Female transgender person who looks like a guy using the stall or do we think their going to whip their a shewee at the urinal?? or is just about men dressed as women in a women's rest room... some college's have uni sex bathrooms

Most of the unisex bathrooms currently have only one stall with a door that locks from the inside. But if all bathrooms must become unisex, regardless of how many stalls, and anyone is free to enter, how does that mollify the rage of transgenders who want to use bathrooms strictly designated for those who have the genitalia they wish they had but don't?

Ah, but there's the rub. When government mandates how it must be, it is no longer a matter of individual choice. Does that bother you a little bit?
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 PM   #25
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The solution which causes the fewest number of people to be inconvenienced, is to leave it the way it's been for 230 years. Please tell me where I am wrong.

I agree, and you now see there was no reason they passed a law to begin with so you agree with that part. Why call attention to this issue at all, if NC doesn't wish to follow the Blue states agenda as far as those states accommodating a small sector of society, then don't, I see no reason they had to pass some counter law so to speak.
Jim your analogies are ridiculous. I guess your uptight about the strong arm crap the POTUS is trying to pull like he has for the last 7 years. He has had that MO for many things so it shouldn't surprise you.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #26
Nebe

Quote:
how's the weed?
I hear it's disappointing. I've just been enjoying red stripes and jerked pork 😂😂😂
Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
I hear it's disappointing. I've just been enjoying red stripes and jerked pork ������
love Red Stripe...

I know I'm supposed to be "worrying about myself"...but this is bathrooms and showers I believe and many other things by extension I imagine...can a woman who has decided he's trapped in a female body use the Men's locker room and shower at the YMCA....and are the men in the shower going to be chastised for not being fully supportive or slightly surprised when a man in a woman's body strolls into the shower with them?...how about the boy's locker room..or the girl's...I think there have been examples of this?....can people who have one anatomy decide to compete in a sport based on their gender identity rather than their physical gender....can a male identifying as a female compete in and get a scholarship as a female athlete if he identifies as a her? I'm all for accommodating people but it's just amazing that often those that want accommodation(in many things) and don't want their sensibilities challenged....are more than willing to challenge the sensibilities of others and even attack them for not being fully accommodating

this is exactly where all of this is going...i just want to know the rules

btw... unisex showers and bathrooms are a great idea for college campuses where the "culture of rape" apparently exists and you can be charged with all sorts of crimes for looking at someone the wrong way or saying the wrong thing...shouldn't be a problem

Last edited by scottw; 05-11-2016 at 06:45 AM..
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I agree, and you now see there was no reason they passed a law to begin with so you agree with that part. Why call attention to this issue at all, if NC doesn't wish to follow the Blue states agenda as far as those states accommodating a small sector of society, then don't, I see no reason they had to pass some counter law so to speak.
Jim your analogies are ridiculous. I guess your uptight about the strong arm crap the POTUS is trying to pull like he has for the last 7 years. He has had that MO for many things so it shouldn't surprise you.
"there was no reason they passed a law to begin with so you agree with that part. Why call attention to this issue at all"

You don't know the basic facts here. The city of Charlotte, NC passed a city law saying that any man can use the ladies room if he identifies that way. The state passed their law, to trump the city law. So yes, there absolutely was a need for the state to pass its law, because the city of Charlotte is apparently being run by liberal lunatics, who care more about appearing progressive than they care about public safety and normalcy.

"Jim your analogies are ridiculous"

Lob an insult without trying to support it. Yawn.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
love Red Stripe...

m?...how about the boy's locker room..or the girl's...I think there have been examples of this?....can people who have one anatomy decide to compete in a sport based on their gender identity rather than their physical gender....can a male identifying as a female compete in and get a scholarship as a female athlete if he identifies as a her? I'm all for accommodating people but it's just amazing that often those that want accommodation(in many things) and don't want their sensibilities challenged....are more than willing to challenge the sensibilities of others and even attack them for not being fully accommodating

this is exactly where all of this is going...i just want to know the rules

btw... unisex showers and bathrooms are a great idea for college campuses where the "culture of rape" apparently exists and you can be charged with all sorts of crimes for looking at someone the wrong way or saying the wrong thing...shouldn't be a problem
"how about the boy's locker room..or the girl's...I think there have been examples of this?...."

Yes, in IL (I believe) a boy decided he was a girl, the schoool let him play girl's sports and use the girls locker room when no one else was in there. Naturally, that wasn't good enough for the fanatics, who sued to give the boy full access to the girls locker room any time he wanted, and they won in court. So now girls have to shower with boys. Isn't that swell?

"those that want accommodation(in many things) and don't want their sensibilities challenged....are more than willing to challenge the sensibilities of others and even attack them for not being fully accommodating "

As we all know, that's the glaring hypocrisy of liberalism. Diversity of everything, except ideas...
Old 05-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #30
FishermanTim

You do know that they already have transgender bathrooms all over the country, RIGHT???

They're called PORT-A-POTTIES

Anyone can use them, regardless of whether your plumbing is indoors or out.

I thought that transgender was that a person was born one sex but relates more strongly with the other. Once they get to the point of dressing like that opposite sex they cross over to transsexual, because they are DRESSING the part.

Jenny Bruce hasn't had a "lop-it-off-of-me" yet, so HE's still just the "dude looks like a lady".

I have been to various clubs where they had "unisex" bathrooms.
No freak shows, no pervs, just club goers that had to use the john.

Now that the political whack-jobs have sunk their teeth into this asinine cause, it'll be driving down out throats until THEY get their way!

I am a legend in my own mind!