Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-15-2016, 02:39 PM   #91
basswipe

Remember this scene from Kindergarten Cop?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	da7e027ff3273a8634e3503a53a6c7c7.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	62858  
Old 05-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #92
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Here is an article that seems to be about having an open mind enough to want to learn more. Try to read the whole thing if you have a closed mind, but if your too close minded, you may not get it all.

https://baptistnews.com/2016/05/13/s...Ft89w.facebook

Seven things I’m learning about transgender persons
OPINIONMARK WINGFIELD | MAY 13, 2016

WingfieldI don’t know much about transgender issues, but I’m trying to learn.

How about you? How much do you really know about this subject beyond all the screaming headlines and concerns about who goes to the bathroom where?

The truth is that I don’t know any transgender persons — at least I don’t think I do. But with the help of a pediatrician friend and a geneticist friend, I’m listening and trying to learn. This is hard, though, because understanding the transgender experience seems so far outside what I have ever contemplated before. And the more I learn, the more theological questions I face as well. This is hard, even for a pastor.

Here’s some of what I’m learning from my friends who have experience as medical professionals dealing with real people and real families:

1. Even though LGBT gets lumped together in one tagline, the T is quite different than the LG and B. “Lesbian,” “gay” and “bisexual” describe sexual orientation. “Transgender” describes gender identity. These are not the same thing. Sexual orientation is about whom we feel an attraction to and want to mate with; gender identity is about whether we identify as male or female.

2. What you see is not always what you get. For the vast majority of humanity, the presence of male or female genitalia corresponds to whether a person is male or female. What you see is what you are. But for a small part of humanity (something less than 1 percent), the visible parts and the inner identity do not line up. For example, it is possible to be born with male genitalia but female chromosomes or vice versa. And now brain research has demonstrated that it also is possible to be born with female genitalia, female chromosomes but a male brain. Most of us hit the jackpot upon birth with all three factors lining up like cherries on a slot machine: Our anatomy, chromosomes and brain cells all correspond as either male or female. But some people are born with variations in one or two of these indicators.

3. Stuff happens at birth that most of us never know. It’s not an everyday occurrence but it’s also not infrequent that babies are born with ambiguous or incomplete sexual anatomy. In the past, surgeons often made the decision about whether this child would be a boy or a girl, based on what was the easiest surgical fix. Today, much more thought is given to these life-changing decisions.

4. Transgender persons are not “transvestites.” Far too many of us make this mix-up, in part because the words sound similar and we have no real knowledge of either. Cross-dressers, identified in slang as “transvestites,” are people (typically men) who are happy with their gender but derive pleasure from occasionally dressing like the opposite gender. Cross-dressing is about something other than gender identity.

5. Transgender persons are not pedophiles. The typical profile of a pedophile is an adult male who identifies as heterosexual and most likely even is married. There is zero statistical evidence to link transgender persons to pedophilia.

6. Transgender persons hate all the attention they’re getting. The typical transgender person wants desperately not to attract attention. All this publicity and talk of bathroom habits is highly disconcerting to people who have spent their lives trying not to stand out or become the center of attention.

7. Transgender persons are the product of nature much more than nurture. Debate the origins of homosexuality if you’d like and what role nature vs. nurture plays. But for those who are transgender, nature undeniably plays a primary role. According to medical science, chromosomal variances occur within moments of conception, and anatomical development happens within the nine months in the womb. There is no nature vs. nurture argument, except in cases of brain development, which is an emerging field of study.

This last point in particular raises the largest of theological questions. If Christians really believe every person is created in the image of God, how can we damn a baby who comes from the womb with gender dysphoria? My pediatrician friend puts it this way: “We must believe that even if some people got a lower dose of a chromosome, or an enzyme, or a hormonal effect, that does not mean that they got a lower dose of God’s image.”

I don’t know much about transgender issues, but I’m trying to learn — in part because I want to understand the way God has made us. For me, this is a theological quest as much as a biological inquiry or a political cause. How about you?

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:17 PM   #93
detbuch

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Here is an article that seems to be about having an open mind enough to want to learn more. Try to read the whole thing if you have a closed mind, but if your too close minded, you may not get it all.

https://baptistnews.com/2016/05/13/s...Ft89w.facebook

Seven things I’m learning about transgender persons
OPINIONMARK WINGFIELD | MAY 13, 2016

WingfieldI don’t know much about transgender issues, but I’m trying to learn.

How about you? How much do you really know about this subject beyond all the screaming headlines and concerns about who goes to the bathroom where?

The truth is that I don’t know any transgender persons — at least I don’t think I do. But with the help of a pediatrician friend and a geneticist friend, I’m listening and trying to learn. This is hard, though, because understanding the transgender experience seems so far outside what I have ever contemplated before. And the more I learn, the more theological questions I face as well. This is hard, even for a pastor.

Here’s some of what I’m learning from my friends who have experience as medical professionals dealing with real people and real families:

1. Even though LGBT gets lumped together in one tagline, the T is quite different than the LG and B. “Lesbian,” “gay” and “bisexual” describe sexual orientation. “Transgender” describes gender identity. These are not the same thing. Sexual orientation is about whom we feel an attraction to and want to mate with; gender identity is about whether we identify as male or female.

2. What you see is not always what you get. For the vast majority of humanity, the presence of male or female genitalia corresponds to whether a person is male or female. What you see is what you are. But for a small part of humanity (something less than 1 percent), the visible parts and the inner identity do not line up. For example, it is possible to be born with male genitalia but female chromosomes or vice versa. And now brain research has demonstrated that it also is possible to be born with female genitalia, female chromosomes but a male brain. Most of us hit the jackpot upon birth with all three factors lining up like cherries on a slot machine: Our anatomy, chromosomes and brain cells all correspond as either male or female. But some people are born with variations in one or two of these indicators.

3. Stuff happens at birth that most of us never know. It’s not an everyday occurrence but it’s also not infrequent that babies are born with ambiguous or incomplete sexual anatomy. In the past, surgeons often made the decision about whether this child would be a boy or a girl, based on what was the easiest surgical fix. Today, much more thought is given to these life-changing decisions.

4. Transgender persons are not “transvestites.” Far too many of us make this mix-up, in part because the words sound similar and we have no real knowledge of either. Cross-dressers, identified in slang as “transvestites,” are people (typically men) who are happy with their gender but derive pleasure from occasionally dressing like the opposite gender. Cross-dressing is about something other than gender identity.

5. Transgender persons are not pedophiles. The typical profile of a pedophile is an adult male who identifies as heterosexual and most likely even is married. There is zero statistical evidence to link transgender persons to pedophilia.

6. Transgender persons hate all the attention they’re getting. The typical transgender person wants desperately not to attract attention. All this publicity and talk of bathroom habits is highly disconcerting to people who have spent their lives trying not to stand out or become the center of attention.

7. Transgender persons are the product of nature much more than nurture. Debate the origins of homosexuality if you’d like and what role nature vs. nurture plays. But for those who are transgender, nature undeniably plays a primary role. According to medical science, chromosomal variances occur within moments of conception, and anatomical development happens within the nine months in the womb. There is no nature vs. nurture argument, except in cases of brain development, which is an emerging field of study.

This last point in particular raises the largest of theological questions. If Christians really believe every person is created in the image of God, how can we damn a baby who comes from the womb with gender dysphoria? My pediatrician friend puts it this way: “We must believe that even if some people got a lower dose of a chromosome, or an enzyme, or a hormonal effect, that does not mean that they got a lower dose of God’s image.”

I don’t know much about transgender issues, but I’m trying to learn — in part because I want to understand the way God has made us. For me, this is a theological quest as much as a biological inquiry or a political cause. How about you?
It's an interesting article, but it doesn't explain the need to change bathroom policies. Bullet point #6 seems to say that transgenders would rather not call attention to where they are going to pee. If the problem is strictly that they just don't feel right about going into a bathroom which is labeled the opposite of what their brain tells them they are, but going to the bathroom they prefer would call unwanted attention to who they are, then they are in a classic catch 22. And making all bathrooms unisex would still not satisfy their need to go to one which corresponds to their gender identification.

If it is the gender labels "men" and "women," or "male" and "female" posted on bathroom doors that causes them anguish, perhaps they can be changed to genital labels "penis" and "vagina." Then all who have the corresponding genitalia could feel comfortable about going to their correctly labeled bathrooms. There would be no discrimination--no matter what race, sexual orientation (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual), gender identity, religion or atheism, nationality, political persuasion, economic status, and so forth--all who have genitals corresponding to the label on the door would be welcome and equal. They would all have the same required physical characteristic and so would not have to feel they are in a place they don't belong or feel uncomfortable about.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #94
Slipknot
Super Moderator

no it doesn't explain the legislatures doing what they do, but I thought some might see what some other opinions are about this small percent of the human race.
I have no answer that will please all the people all the time and I said it before, why call attention to it

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If that was the case then there would be police records of increased incidences in states with anti-discriminatory laws...

...but there isn't.

I'd wager that the type of law NC put through would actually create a lot more harassment.
Let's be very clear on this (you don't like that, but let's try)...

You deny that opening up the ladies room to any man who want sto go in there, makes it easier for perverts to get in there? You deny that? Be very specific...

Many women doen't like the idea, Spence. Do they not have the right to feel secure in there.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:12 AM   #96
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

perhaps they can be changed to genital labels "penis" and "vagina."
clearly the solution
Old 05-16-2016, 08:45 AM   #97
Fly Rod

Sorry, but the state of NC by passing a law for school kids to carry pepper spray to use against transgenders in the bathrooms if they feel threatened have gone to far....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 05-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #98
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Or if you're born a woman but look like a man be forced to walk into the ladies room, feel like an idiot and scare the crap out of the women.

Nice...
Nobody feels uncomfortable in their locker room.....good news is they are off to States....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-19-2016, 03:53 AM   #99
scottw

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/17/s...-room-in-ross/
Old 05-19-2016, 08:16 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:

Who the heck is damning a baby? If I say "those born with a wee-wee, use the mens room", that is tantamount to condemning babies? This is what liberals do. Instead of responding to what a conservative is saying, they respond to something (evil sounding) that no one ever said. And that's why we are talking about Donald Trump right now, because people are sick of that tactic.

Where in your article does it say, how we prevent true predators from using liberal bathroom policies, to gain access to the ladies room? What's to stop Willie Horton from saying "I am transgender, now please excuse me while I follow your 12 year-old daughter into the ladies room"?

How come no one addresses that? Because that's almost all that matters here. Spence tried to say that states with open bathroom access have seen no spike in these crimes. But (1) he provided no data to support that, and (2) this is a brand-new thing, so obviously we haven't seen the effects yet, and (3) common sense tells me that you cannot open up the ladies room to trannys, without making it easier for perverts to also get in., Are we going to make all men pass a polygraph test before they go into the ladies room, to make sure they are a tranny? Unless we are doing that, how can this idiotic policy not endanger all women?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #101
Slipknot
Super Moderator

It doesn't that and I never said it did
No one is condemning babies, that is just your over reaction. I didn't write it.
I get what you are saying about the tactic
It doesn't talk about how to prevent that and the legislatures who write these laws are the ones who should be the ones to cover all bases, that is their jobs. I suggest you write your legislatures and not on a fishing forum political forum.
People besides you do address that

How about in NC , are you supposed to come to the bathroom with your birth certificate to show you were born what it says on the door?

I am not a liberal Jim, but I know intolerance when I see it

If women are afraid of Willie Horton going in their bathroom and being threatened, I am pretty sure some law allowing transgendered to use it does not allow predators to commit crimes, so again, address the issue with your legislature, obviously the people in NC must have since they got something done to cause all this fuss over a bathroom. I suggest they carry mace or pepper spray. There are lots of sickos out there.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
It doesn't that and I never said it did
No one is condemning babies, that is just your over reaction. I didn't write it.
I get what you are saying about the tactic
It doesn't talk about how to prevent that and the legislatures who write these laws are the ones who should be the ones to cover all bases, that is their jobs. I suggest you write your legislatures and not on a fishing forum political forum.
People besides you do address that

How about in NC , are you supposed to come to the bathroom with your birth certificate to show you were born what it says on the door?

If women are afraid of Willie Horton going in their bathroom and being threatened, I am pretty sure some law allowing transgendered to use it does not allow predators to commit crimes, so again, address the issue with your legislature, obviously the people in NC must have since they got something done to cause all this fuss over a bathroom. I suggest they carry mace or pepper spray. There are lots of sickos out there.
"No one is condemning babies, that is just your over reaction. I didn't write it."

Here's what I was responding to..."how can we damn a baby who comes from the womb with gender dysphoria?"

"It doesn't talk about how to prevent that and the legislatures who write these laws are the ones who should be the ones to cover all bases, that is their jobs. "

IT CANNOT BE PREVENTED. Unfortunately, the predators don't walk around wearing signs. Therefore there is no conceivable way to differentiate between (1) a true transgender, and (2) a predator who claims to be transgender, just to get easier access to the ladies room. You cannot grasp that? Really?

"How about in NC , are you supposed to come to the bathroom with your birth certificate to show you were born what it says on the door?"

God. we all know what sex we were born (most of us at least). So if we make it illegal for men to use the ladies room (shocking, I know), fewer will do it. It doesn't stop all predators from going into the ladies room, but it makes it harder.

"I am not a liberal Jim, but I know intolerance when I see it"

Apparently not, because it's not intolerant. Slipknot, if I said I was a bird instead of a human being (which is no more or less incorrect than if I said I was a woman), does that mean I can poop on your windshield? If your answer is "no", does that make you intolerant? Not every single human impulse needs to be celebrated.

"I am pretty sure some law allowing transgendered to use it does not allow predators to commit crimes"

You are refusing to concede the obvious - that the liberal policy would make it easier for a pervert to walk in there. It doesn't allow the crime, but it sure makes it easier.

"obviously the people in NC must have since they got something done"

Correct. And that's called democracy. But Obama only likes democracy when it works for him, so he is violating the constitution (which gives the federal government exactly ZERO authority to regulate gender identity issues) and threaten the citizens of NC with forfeiture of federal funds. THAT is called fascism.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-19-2016 at 11:25 AM..
Old 05-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #103
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"I am not a liberal Jim, but I know intolerance when I see it"

Apparently not, because it's not intolerant. Slipknot, if I said I was a bird instead of a human being (which is no more or less incorrect than if I said I was a woman), does that mean I can poop on your windshield? If your answer is "no", does that make you intolerant? Not every single human impulse needs to be celebrated.
Jim, you're falling back on the same failed logic opponents of same sex marriage used for decades...if you let two gay people marry it's anything goes.

There are plenty of states with anti-discrimination laws and you can't cite any meaningful increase in complaints. Rather, your position is simply being informed by your bias which if enacted into law conflicts with some people's civil rights...

Quote:

-Slipnot
Yep.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #104
Nebe

Anyone else find it ironic that conservatives fly off the handle because they think their children are at risk because of this bathroom issue but could not care less about gun control ? And forget about global climate change, which in my opinion is a serious issue that our children's children are going to have to pay the piper for.
But heaven forbid a transgender has to take a dump in public.
Talk about mental illness.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #105
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I think we should remove the words "Men" and "Women" from restroom doors.....since there is so much room for interpretation....

Just label them "Penis" and"Vagina"......now it's completely dependent on an anatomical fact....no more indiscriminate decisions to be made.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #106
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Anyone else find it ironic that conservatives fly off the handle because they think their children are at risk because of this bathroom issue but could not care less about gun control ?
You mean like you can't stop the violence as criminals don't follow laws?
Old 05-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #107
Nebe

Sure.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #108
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
More like You can't prosecute me for being here.....the new law says I can be.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, you're falling back on the same failed logic opponents of same sex marriage used for decades...if you let two gay people marry it's anything goes.

There are plenty of states with anti-discrimination laws and you can't cite any meaningful increase in complaints. Rather, your position is simply being informed by your bias which if enacted into law conflicts with some people's civil rights...

Yep.
"Jim, you're falling back on the same failed logic opponents of same sex marriage used for decades...if you let two gay people marry it's anything goes"

Where to begin.

(1) gay marriage is brand new, so no one can say i fit will lead to "anything goes" yet. However, if the notion that the sexes is arbitrary, why can't I say that it being limited to 2 people, is also arbitrary? There isn't a single arguent you can make in favor of gay marriage, that can not also be made in favor of polygamy (I support gay marriage, however).

(2) if someone who is gay claims to be gay, they are not claiming to be something they are not. When a man claims to be a woman, he is as wrong as I would be if I said I was a bird. You cannot choose to change your chromosomes.

"There are plenty of states with anti-discrimination laws and you can't cite any meaningful increase in complaints"

Nor can you refute it. Please tell me where I am wrong, when I say that these laws make it easier for perverts to stroll in there. It's way too new to have any visible effect on data. We weren't talking about this 2 years ago.

"Rather, your position is simply being informed by your bias"

Not bias. Common sense. I have deep empathy for these people and want them to be happy.

"which if enacted into law conflicts with some people's civil rights..."

100%, demonstrably false. Read the Civil Rights Act, and please tell us where you see a single syllable about gender identity. It prevents discrimination based on "sex". As I showed you in an earlier post, one's sex is determined at birth (maybe at conception?) by thje chromosomes., and that never changes.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:
Anyone else find it ironic that conservatives fly off the handle because they think their children are at risk because of this bathroom issue but could not care less about gun control ? And forget about global climate change, which in my opinion is a serious issue that our children's children are going to have to pay the piper for.
But heaven forbid a transgender has to take a dump in public.
Talk about mental illness.
"Anyone else find it ironic that conservatives fly off the handle because they think their children are at risk because of this bathroom issue but could not care less about gun control "

Which obviously explains why in Chicago (where they have very strict gun control), no children are ever harmed by guns. Right? Wow...
Old 05-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #111
Nebe

Jim, do you know what a hemaphrodyte is?
Old 05-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #112
Jim in CT

Quote:
So can you explain why Chicago is experiencing what it's experiencing? And DC, which basicall bannned handguns, was also a warzone.

I'm no huge fan of guns. But when th empirical evidence is the opposite of what the original spoeculation projected, then the original theory (widespread gun contrrol reduces gun crime) is flawed.

I sense an inconsistency here, Spence. I cannot point to any data that says that liberal bathroom laws result in a spike of crime. And you claim that means my conclusion is flawed.

How come you don't apply that same logic to gun control laws? Obviously you can't point to any data that says that gun crime in Chicago is way down. So unless you are a hypocrite, why aren't you agreeing with th econservative talking point here?

Have fun with that one.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #113
buckman

Can we get back to the Democratic Party self imploding and Hillary rapidly dropping in the polls 😃
Old 05-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #114
Nebe

I'd say the GOP has imploded a lot more seriously than the Democratic Party
Old 05-19-2016, 05:28 PM   #115
scottw

Quote:
I'd say the GOP has imploded a lot more seriously than the Democratic Party
that's hilarious
Old 05-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #116
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that's hilarious
They dont accomplish anything. And look who's their front man. trump! He's barely as much a republican as sanders is a democrat. One is a socialist and the other is a fascist
Old 05-19-2016, 05:48 PM   #117
buckman

Quote:
They dont accomplish anything. And look who's their front man. trump! He's barely as much a republican as sanders is a democrat. One is a socialist and the other is a fascist
Well the Democrats are working hard at making sure that men can go into the little girls room .
Wait till a transgender walks into the lady's bathroom and a male Syrian refugee standing near the door waiting for his little girl , lays a down on "shim" .
It's enough to make a liberals head explode .
Old 05-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #118
Nebe

Your daughter has a higher chance of being shot in a gang related crime
Old 05-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #119
buckman

Quote:
Your daughter has a higher chance of being shot in a gang related crime
Yes and the risk of dying in a terrorist attack is about the same .
Very comforting to the families of the 66 killed today
Old 05-19-2016, 06:37 PM   #120
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Yes and the risk of dying in a terrorist attack is about the same .
Very comforting to the families of the 66 killed today
No it isn't. The chance of being caught in a terror attack is something like its 2 times more likely that you are hit by lightning than being caught in a terror attack.

Once you realize terror events are used as tools to control the masses you think with open eyes.