Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I am just saying if you dont think that yellow Race had nothing to do with with dropping the bomb , along with other consideration your willfully blind thats all
Good god. There was only one nation we were at war with at the time, and they were still brutalizing folks in the lands they were occupying. That's why we dropped the bomb on them. There were no caucasians around that we were at war with at the time, as an alternative.

If you want to claim that the fact that they weren't like us, made the decision easier? That may well be true.

WDMSO, let me ask you this...if Japan surrendered before we dropped the first bomb, do yo uhtink we would have still bombed them?
Old 06-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
And the us government infected black americans..
And that was despicable. But that's not the same thing as dropping th ebomb on a brutal, bloodthirsty enemy, who made it obvious that they had no intention of quitting, ever.

There is zero moral equivalence between these 2 things. Zip. Ask the Chinese who were being raped and eaten.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Do you have some definitive documentation, some uncovered admission from on high that being "yellow" really mattered? That if Japanese where "white" we wouldn't have dropped the bomb?
In hi smind, he has the evidence. They w. ere Asian. we bombed them. Therefore, we don't like Asians.

Of course, another (sensible) explanation is this...once the bomb was available, we weren't at war with anyone alse at the time, so there was no compelling reason to drop the bomb on, say, Norway
Old 06-01-2016, 11:15 AM   #94
Jim in CT

WDMSO, you are assuming that racism fueled our ill will towards the Japanese in WWII. If that's true, why were we so committed to helping those most victimized by Japanese acts, like the Chinese and the Phillipinos? If there was widespread racism towards Asians, why did we care so much about helping those people?

We despised the Japanese because (1) they attacked us, and (2) their behavior was impossible for Americans to fathom. On the German side, while the Nazis were atrocious, the average German soldiers performed honorably (with a small number of exceptions like Malmady). Not so with the Japanese - their barbaric savagery toward everyone else, their fanatical refusal to surrender, their willingness to engage in mass suicide - they might as well have come from another planet.

Now...if you can find a nation of caucasians that behaved like the Japanese, whom we didn't despise the way we despised the Japanese, then you might be on to something with your claims of racism.

We were at war. And back then, political correctness wasn't at the forefront of everyone's minds, so yes, there was an effort to portray them as less than human. I say we did that because of the way they were acting. You say we did it because of racism. Well, we didn't set out to destroy the people of any of the other Asian nations, in fact, many Americans dies trying to protect the citizens of Asian nations. So I don't see hwo you can conclude that we had ill will towards anyone other than the ones who helped start and perpetuate the worst war this planet has ever seen.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #95
spence

This thread should have been closed when Buck and I agreed.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:24 AM   #96
wdmso

WOW you guys love cherry picking an argument.. your worried about
Obama being an Apologist in chief yet many have the denial badge of honor and choose only to read what isn't there ....

I have clearly stated I have no issues with the bomb being Dropped..

I also stated Racism made it easier in the decision making to drop the bomb not the only reason .. and have used example after example to point this out .. but like the whole OP it is based on something that wasn't said , so why should I expect anything less

An many think that Racism didn't exist in 1940 against black or the Japanese I guess ?.. why else should such effort be made to disprove
my assertion with a simple Americas were Mad at the Japs they attacked us 1st were brutal Bla Bla Bla , as were the germans the russians and USA... Oh and I mention race because I have an Agenda thats a good one ....

Since when Has seeing an issue in it totality = Agenda

or is only when people dont like the outcome of the big picture

Trump comes to mind when the issue is looked at in its totality = media Agenda

But what I don’t want is, when I raise millions of dollars, have people say, like this sleazy guy right over here from ABC,” Trump said, pointing to Llamas. “He’s a sleaze in my book. You’re a sleaze because you know the facts and you know the facts well.”

Last edited by wdmso; 06-02-2016 at 04:30 AM..
Old 06-02-2016, 04:47 AM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
WOW you guys love cherry picking an argument.. your worried about
Obama being an Apologist in chief yet many have the denial badge of honor and choose only to read what isn't there ....

I have clearly stated I have no issues with the bomb being Dropped..

I also stated Racism made it easier in the decision making to drop the bomb not the only reason .. and have used example after example to point this out .. but like the whole OP it is based on something that wasn't said , so why should I expect anything less

An many think that Racism didn't exist in 1940 against black or the Japanese I guess ?.. why else should such effort be made to disprove
my assertion with a simple Americas were Mad at the Japs they attacked us 1st were brutal Bla Bla Bla , as were the germans the russians and USA... Oh and I mention race because I have an Agenda thats a good one ....

Since when Has seeing an issue in it totality = Agenda

or is only when people dont like the outcome of the big picture

Trump comes to mind when the issue is looked at in its totality = media Agenda

But what I don’t want is, when I raise millions of dollars, have people say, like this sleazy guy right over here from ABC,” Trump said, pointing to Llamas. “He’s a sleaze in my book. You’re a sleaze because you know the facts and you know the facts well.”
"An many think that Racism didn't exist in 1940 "

Who the heck said THAT? Now who is the one responding to something that wasn't ever said? Racism was rampant back then (led by Democrats, but I digress).

"Americas were Mad at the Japs they attacked us 1st were brutal Bla Bla Bla "

Yes, let's dismiss the atrocities committed by the Japanese as "blah blah blah".

"the whole OP it is based on something that wasn't said "

I will make this really, really simple for you. Please go to my first post, and tell us exactly where I am responding to something that wasn't said. I pasted an exact quote from Obama, and then made a logical, compelling case for why it was a horrendous thing for him to say.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:50 AM   #98
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And that was despicable. But that's not the same thing as dropping th ebomb on a brutal, bloodthirsty enemy, who made it obvious that they had no intention of quitting, ever.

There is zero moral equivalence between these 2 things. Zip. Ask the Chinese who were being raped and eaten.

Again you miss the point it was about what the government told the people as opposed to what they where really Doing !!!! Are you suggesting Race had nothing to do with giving those black americans syphilis or that race did never came up when talking if we should or shouldn't drop the bomb ..

like the Mustard gas experiments on troops in 1945 .. and to my point the bomb was a weapons test and a means to end the War not just for the sole reason to end the War as the narrative in 1945 from Our Government would suggest

you dont see a pattern ?
Old 06-02-2016, 05:06 AM   #99
wdmso

Thumbs up

Quote:
"An many think that Racism didn't exist in 1940 "

Who the heck said THAT? Now who is the one responding to something that wasn't ever said? Racism was rampant back then (led by Democrats, but I digress).

"Americas were Mad at the Japs they attacked us 1st were brutal Bla Bla Bla "

Yes, let's dismiss the atrocities committed by the Japanese as "blah blah blah".

"the whole OP it is based on something that wasn't said "

I will make this really, really simple for you. Please go to my first post, and tell us exactly where I am responding to something that wasn't said. I pasted an exact quote from Obama, and then made a logical, compelling case for why it was a horrendous thing for him to say.
No you made up your own narrative.. Evil showed up 1 time in the Speech ,,,, no different then this quote

I think WDMSO, you are assuming that racism fueled our ill will towards the Japanese in WWII. or
In hi smind, he has the evidence. They w. ere Asian. we bombed them. Therefore, we don't like Asians.

Again I never said any of those things but then you made a logical, compelling case saying thats what I Said ...another pattern emerges
Old 06-02-2016, 05:45 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
No you made up your own narrative.. Evil showed up 1 time in the Speech ,,,,
Oh, I see..first you said I responded to something that wasn't said. Now you are saying that I responded to something that was said "once" in his speech. I never claimed he said it repeatedly. Therefore I didn't make anything up. Tell me WDMSO, how many times does he need to say it, before you give me your blessing to be offended by it?

Once is enough. When one looks at what took place in WWII, it's actually fairly simple to distinguish between the good guys and the bad guys. Most idiots are capable of pulling that off. Not our POTUS!! Hooray!

Tell the Chinese and the Philipinos that it was "evil" for us to drop the bomb, and thus liberate them from the Japanese.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #101
detbuch

[QUOTE=wdmso;1101609]I also stated Racism made it easier in the decision making to drop the bomb

Easier? You mean like the decision wasn't easy enough so racism made it so? I would think the decision was not easy at all, and that racism would not make it any easier. Unless you're talking about some foaming at the mouth racism which is so much a part of one's psyche that it is satisfied by slaughter. Whatever latent racism existed in the minds of those making the decision, I don't think it was that instrumental in making the decision. If it was, then you may have some point in bringing it up. But, in order to throw that motivation into the mix, you need more evidence that was the case, not just some aside to make a more total case.

not the only reason .. and have used example after example to point this out ..

Was it a relevant reason at all? What was the relevance? Your examples were not comparable to dropping the bomb.

An many think that Racism didn't exist in 1940 against black or the Japanese I guess ?

Racism existed in 1940, and probably since the beginning of race consciousness, and still today. And it existed in the Japanese minds, and black minds as well. Do you know of some race that is free of racism. Is your point that racism is bad?
Old 06-02-2016, 10:45 AM   #102
scottw

Originally Posted by Jim in CT

I think WDMSO, you are assuming that racism fueled our ill will towards the Japanese in WWII. [/QUOTE]

Quote:

Again I never said any of those things

Quote:

wartime America was clearly racist towards the "Japs".

getting tough to keep up
Old 06-02-2016, 11:54 AM   #103
scottw

https://www.facebook.com/awakenwithj...5301567485702/
Old 06-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #104
wdmso

Quote:
Oh, I see..first you said I responded to something that wasn't said. Now you are saying that I responded to something that was said "once" in his speech. I never claimed he said it repeatedly. Therefore I didn't make anything up. Tell me WDMSO, how many times does he need to say it, before you give me your blessing to be offended by it?

Once is enough. When one looks at what took place in WWII, it's actually fairly simple to distinguish between the good guys and the bad guys. Most idiots are capable of pulling that off. Not our POTUS!! Hooray!

Tell the Chinese and the Philipinos that it was
"evil" for us to drop the bomb,and thus liberate them from the Japanese.
We may not be able to eliminate man’s capacity to do evil

that what was said..
it is not what you imagination has told us he
said .. which was its "evil" for us to drop the bomb," not much different then saying I think racism was the only reason we dropped the Bomb
Old 06-02-2016, 03:12 PM   #105
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Originally Posted by Jim in CT

I think WDMSO, you are assuming that racism fueled our ill will towards the Japanese in WWII.

getting tough to keep up [/QUOTE]

seems I am not the one having trouble keeping up...
ask the Sixty-two percent of the internees were United States citizens. what they felt I am sure it wasn't just i'll will because of pearl harbor
Old 06-02-2016, 10:50 PM   #106
detbuch

Quote:
Again you miss the point it was about what the government told the people as opposed to what they where really Doing !!!!

It seems you miss that point a lot. As in what is the Federal government really doing when it forces suburbs to "rezone." Or when it creates so-called "net neutrality." Or what Obama Care's true end game is, or even what it does, what it costs, and how it helps to transform a free market society into a government controlled one rather than merely to provide health insurance to those who don't have it. You seem to miss the point of what the Federal government really wishes to accomplish when it passes legislation and creates regulations with benevolent sounding titles which imply the opposite of the true nature of those regulations.

And you seem to totally miss the point of the Progressive notion of a living, breathing, Constitution which must be subject to Judges so called "interpretation" based on their personal opinions of "justice" all the while pretending that they really are abiding by the Constitution which they are actually turning upside down. You are quite content with their intended destruction of the original constitutional order centered on individual unalienable rights protected by separation of powers. And the transformation of it into a government centered bureaucracy which decides what rights we have, how the economy must function, and intrudes into every aspect of our lives. And this chameleon behavior has been documented and even admitted to by some of them. So we don't have to just conjecture or say "if you don't think it's really so you're willfully blind."

You said I had an apocalyptic view when I pointed out, as you say, "what the government told the people as opposed to what they where really Doing !!!!" in the above instances. Is my view any more apocalyptic than yours re this bomb thing?

Are you suggesting Race had nothing to do with giving those black americans syphilis or that race did never came up when talking if we should or shouldn't drop the bomb ..

Blacks were not given syphilis in the Tuskegee experiment. They already had it. And at the time there was no known reliable cure. And I don't know if race was discussed in the formation of that experiment. Certainly, black doctors, nurses, and administrators were involved and were in on the discussion. It became discredited years after when penicillin was discovered as a reliable cure, but the participants were not given it. And the experiment was investigated, documented, exposed, and shut down.

And I don't know if race came up in discussing whether or not to drop the bomb. Has the government's supposed racism been documented. Have there been any admissions of dropping the bomb made easier because it targeted yellow people?
Do you know? Or are you assuming that since Americans were racist toward Japanese they must surely have brought up race and how that would make it OK to drop the bomb. Abe Lincoln was a racist by today's standards. Is that why he wanted to stop the spread of slavery and even abolish it. And caused over half a million, mostly white men, to be killed to free the slaves in the rebellious slave States? Would Lincoln, the racist, have dropped the bomb?

like the Mustard gas experiments on troops in 1945 .. and to my point the bomb was a weapons test and a means to end the War not just for the sole reason to end the War as the narrative in 1945 from Our Government would suggest

you dont see a pattern ?
"I have clearly stated I have no issues with the bomb being Dropped.."
"racism alone is not a big factor."

I see a pattern in your above quotes intertwined with the rest of your narrative in this thread. It's a rather incoherent one designed, it seems, to expose government fakery, even though you don't disapprove of what it did, you want to expose its lying about it. Or expose half truths. That's nice. But when you have to pile on with a personal assumption under the guise of something that is supposedly so self evident that we must be willfully blind to question it, you weaken your argument rather than strengthening it with an unsubstantiated tidbit which you think fleshes out the total reasons for dropping the bomb.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-03-2016 at 10:58 AM..
Old 06-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
We may not be able to eliminate man’s capacity to do evil

that what was said..
it is not what you imagination has told us he
said .. which was its "evil" for us to drop the bomb," not much different then saying I think racism was the only reason we dropped the Bomb
"We may not be able to eliminate man’s capacity to do evil

that what was said.. "

No. He said "we shall not repeat the evil". That's not my imagination, it is an exact quote. You may not like it, but it's what the man said.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #108
spence

Quote:
"We may not be able to eliminate man’s capacity to do evil

that what was said.. "

No. He said "we shall not repeat the evil". That's not my imagination, it is an exact quote. You may not like it, but it's what the man said.
Jim, he did not say that. You've been conned by fake news. Read my previous post...
Old 06-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, he did not say that. You've been conned by fake news. Read my previous post...

Those right-wing nuts at The Huffington Post reported that Obama used the phrase "we shall not repeat the evil". Looks like you are 100% correct, in that he didn't say it. I got it from The Huffington Ppost, not from Glenn Beck.

Here is a text of the speech from the Washington Post, as liberal as it gets...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dae_story.html

Some notable comments...

"It is not the fact of war that sets Hiroshima apart. Artifacts tell us that violent conflict appeared with the very first man. Our early ancestors, having learned to make blades from flint and spears from wood, used these tools not just for hunting but against their own kind. On every continent, the history of civilization is filled with war"

In other words, our idiot-in-chief is saying that there was nothing unique or extraordinary about Japan's role in WWII. Tell that to the Chinese, or the captured American flyers (the ones that were not eaten, I mean).

"Every great religion promises a pathway to love and peace and righteousness. And yet no religion has been spared from believers who have claimed their faith as a license to kill."

Yeah, yeah, yeah...there's no difference between Christianity and Islam, or between Christianity and the worship of Emperor Hirohito, we get it...

"Those who died, they are like us"

Wrong. Those who died at Hiroshima, were prepared to fight to the death of their last toddler, and for what? So their country could continue its barbaric conquest of murder, rape, and cannibalism. If they were "like us", they wouldn't have embarked on a goal of global genocide. That was the whole problem...they weren't like us, not at all.

"death fell from the sky "

Peace and freedom also fell from the sky. He seems to have failed to mention that part.

Where in the speech did Obama say, "if you engage on a global quest of genocide, you will be brought to your knees, and you will get exactly what's coming to you?" Granted, many innocents got caught up in that. But the blame lies with the Japanese, not with us.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #110
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
not exactly...it was originally reported by UPI(fake news) that he said this, later corrected that it was the translation on the monument

An earlier version of this story mistakenly attributed a quote to Obama. "Let all the souls here rest in peace, for we shall not repeat the evil" is the English translation of the epitaph from the Hiroshima memorial. It was not part of Obama's speech.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com
Old 06-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #111
spence

Quote:
Looks like you are 100% correct, in that he didn't say it.
You could have stopped here.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #112
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
"I have clearly stated I have no issues with the bomb being Dropped.."
"racism alone is not a big factor."

I see a pattern in your above quotes intertwined with the rest of your narrative in this thread. It's a rather incoherent one designed, it seems, to expose government fakery, even though you don't disapprove of what it did, you want to expose its lying about it. Or expose half truths. That's nice. But when you have to pile on with a personal assumption under the guise of something that is supposedly so self evident that we must be willfully blind to question it, you weaken your argument rather than strengthening it with an unsubstantiated tidbit which you think fleshes out the total reasons for dropping the bomb.
I love your personal assumption that reflects how you feel and no way represents what I said. total reasons . that pattern holds well here on many topics
from Climate change Governments taking guns to race relations
Old 06-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #113
Fly Rod

Quote:
from Climate change Governments taking guns to race relations

It seems to me that UUUUUUU RRRRR over whemled about race I do not notice others talking about race relations of others....if UUUUUU mentioned a lot of rhetoric on issues I could agree......

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 06-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #114
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
It seems to me that UUUUUUU RRRRR over whemled about race I do not notice others talking about race relations of others....if UUUUUU mentioned a lot of rhetoric on issues I could agree......
your correct many dont speak about it because they dont thinks theses issues exist.or have impact.. but spend post after post insisting it not in the realm of possibilities that it (race ) influences anything past present or future.. thats just my take on things
Old 06-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #115
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

No, we just don't run around like Oprah going "that's a race issue, and that's a race issue, Everything's a race issue"

It's getting rather tiresome....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #116
Sea Dangles

I was thinking spike lee
Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #117
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No, we just don't run around like Oprah going "that's a race issue, and that's a race issue, Everything's a race issue"

It's getting rather tiresome....
I can see it getting tiresome to those it effects directly... white folk not so much their experience is very very different they only need to hear about it and they are inconvenienced and tired

So if not everything can be labeled a race issue from blacks the same rule applies to whites.. not everything isn't a race issues..

its called being a moderate but there are not many of us
Old 06-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #118
scottw

Quote:

not everything isn't a race issues..
priceless
Old 06-05-2016, 04:19 PM   #119
Nebe

I don't think the bombs were a weapons test, but more of a message to the world, especially Russia that we were now masters of the universe.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #120
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can see it getting tiresome to those it effects directly... white folk not so much their experience is very very different they only need to hear about it and they are inconvenienced and tired
We're only inconvenienced and tired when it's not a real case of racism.....we prefer to save the outrage for when it's really happening.

If a cop pulls over a Black man he's accused of Racial Profiling.

If a person offers a Japanese guy a glass of Sake' he's accused of Racial Stereotyping.

Sports Team logos are Racially Insensitive and a White Girl with Dreadlocks is accused of Racial Appropriation.

But we obviously can't see the outrage of this because we are blinded by our White Privilege

Tell me should we be outraged by this......or is this really not a case of a racist agenda...

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6990

"Students who refused to listen to or join their outbursts were shouted down:“Stand the f*** up!” “You filthy racist white piece of s***!” Men and women alike were pushed and shoved by the group.

“If we can’t have it, shut it down!” they cried. Another woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who unleashed their insults, shouting “filthy white b****!” in her face."

Oh that's right.....only those who are blinded by their White Privilege can be racists....

By the way......none of these students were punished.....that display was absolutely sickening.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."