Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #31
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
She loves the look .... so she wants the entire basement done this way. Customers sometime ask me how I like the choices they have made......I know from experience that it is better to say something positive....but honest opinions are welcome here.

Last picture shows the 10" shiplap I installed in my "rustic" dining room when I built my house back in 77'...did some ceilings with it too.
Love it!!!

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:30 AM   #32
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Joanna Gaines influence countrywide for sure.

Some women are in love with it, it is not everyone's taste
but the workmanship is what counts and yours never disappoints I'm sure.

Me, I like wood

I had to google Joanna Gaines....interior decorators are not high on my list of talented people.....dime a dozen imo. You know..... the people that "think up" ideas that someone else with tangible skills has to actually use their hands to do!

I like wood too....and i am disgusted with all the finger jointed crap, the particle board/cardboard doors, etc. Always been a big fan of rough sawn pine from local sawmills...used it for all my my exterior trim.....it's been on the house for 42 years and holding up very well. Holds paint....never.. ever peels....and the price is right. Only drawback is that its pretty green.... stick it and let it air dry for a few months before use.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #33
Rmarsh

Going to be working here for a while....so I'm getting settled in......finished walk out basement is going to be awesome!

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:55 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote