Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Mega S_ _ t Bag

Anyone been seeing the John Edwards story?? Guess we can count our blessings he ain't leading the country! What a mega piece of crap he is!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
scottw

TWO AMERICAS.......
Old 01-31-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
striperman36
Old Guy

He should hang with Tiger, the dude behind the curtain is a A-Hole
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
stcroixman

his mistress is a dog. He couldn't do any better than her?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
He should hang with Tiger, the dude behind the curtain is a A-Hole
After hearing some reports and reading some stories by journalists that work closely with sports teams, I'd be willing to bet that half the athletes on pro-sports teams that are hugely successful cheat. I'm sure the same goes for politicians.

Tiger might be the most popular athlete in the world. Let's look at just a few other well-knowns that have cheated: Rick Pitino, Kobe Bryant, A-Rod, something like a dozen Minnesota Vikings with prostitutes, Charles Barkley and I'm sure many many others.
NKY Sports World: Cheaters!

Is what Tiger did wrong? Absolutely. He was one of the biggest super-stars in the world when he stupidly got married. But I think the only reason he's being demonized as much as he has been is because he goes out of his way to live as private a life as possible.

Or maybe I just like him because I've spoken with him on the phone.

(P.S. John Edwards sucks)
Old 01-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Duke41
got gas?

Cheating on your wife...thats weak.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
basswipe

I've never understood cheating.

If there's an issue speak up.If the issue can't be resolved or you don't want it resolved just say "Hey babe this ain't working for me.I'm gonna move on."And then move on.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
Joe

Pesky wedding vows constitute an unreasonable contract if you ask me. "For better, or for worse. For richer, for poorer."
You'd have to be a freaking idiot to enter into a deal like that.
Oh wait....

Old 01-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Pesky wedding vows constitute an unreasonable contract if you ask me. "For better, or for worse. For richer, for poorer."
You'd have to be a freaking idiot to enter into a deal like that.
Oh wait....
Unless of course your planning on having a family when those vows
are meant to sustain the best intersests and responsibilty
to your family.

I agree with Duke, cheating is weak, man up to your responsibilities.

" Choose Life "
Old 01-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Define cheating? No don't but there are many cultures, even in the US, which handle the issue various ways; the Egyptians had their Harems, the Mormons have their polygamous beliefs, etc. Not to even mention the oldest profession legalized in various cities in Nevada.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

In Boston last week there was an article about how successful three person and four person relationships are. Wife has someone and so doesn't the husband. The other half fosters and helps the one doing the fooling around. This was in the Globe, so the gliterati writing for the Globe are mainstreaming cheating, so they wont have to deal with it on the flip side. This is what some religous groups fear is next after legitimizing gay marriage, that is, three and four person marriages.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 01-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
After hearing some reports and reading some stories by journalists that work closely with sports teams, I'd be willing to bet that half the athletes on pro-sports teams that are hugely successful cheat. I'm sure the same goes for politicians.

Tiger might be the most popular athlete in the world. Let's look at just a few other well-knowns that have cheated: Rick Pitino, Kobe Bryant, A-Rod, something like a dozen Minnesota Vikings with prostitutes, Charles Barkley and I'm sure many many others.
NKY Sports World: Cheaters!

Is what Tiger did wrong? Absolutely. He was one of the biggest super-stars in the world when he stupidly got married. But I think the only reason he's being demonized as much as he has been is because he goes out of his way to live as private a life as possible.

Or maybe I just like him because I've spoken with him on the phone.

(P.S. John Edwards sucks)
Everybody always forgets Margo Adams... She was on the friggin bus for Chrissakes
Old 01-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post

If there's an issue speak up.If the issue can't be resolved or you don't want it resolved just say "Hey babe this ain't working for me.I'm gonna move on."And then move on.
Man BW I feel the same way......why deal with the crap! If it ain't workin'....have the balls to move on!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
Joe

Turning down women is a difficult concept to grasp for men. A lot of guys have motive, but no opportunity - so they stay faithful by default. It must be very difficult having women coming on you all the time. Fishermen circumvent any potential cheating opportunities by becoming completely gross in appearance and manner.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
seabuggy

John Edwards' former aide, that originally took the blame for the baby, wrote a tell all book. Rev Haggard's wife wrote a book about how she got him to change teams again. So many of these people are making the talk show circuit hawking thier books. I really wonder how much of this crap is factual. I also can't believe there are that many suckers out there that pony up $20 or &30 to inhale those vapors. We all could write books, but everybody knows all fishermen are liars.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #16
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Turning down women is a difficult concept to grasp for men. A lot of guys have motive, but no opportunity - so they stay faithful by default. It must be very difficult having women coming on you all the time. Fishermen circumvent any potential cheating opportunities by becoming completely gross in appearance and manner.

Simplify.......
Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #17
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

The woman with the baby was just his latest. New book reports she has known about his dalliances for years and her crash and burn was precipitated by the fact that she realized his bid for the white was falling short, and she was never going to be the first lady like she was telling all her friends. He wasn't going to make it, and she had essentially whored/sold herself to the overwhelming desire to be first lady while putting up with his fooling around. So who is the bigger hypocrite, her or him. She is being spoken about as being an incredibly huge bitch. It wasn't that long ago she put on a screaming banshee act in a southern airport while she was ripping off her blouse and bra trying to embarass him, but only ended up embarassing herself.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
mag minnow

"Turning down women is a difficult concept to grasp for men. A lot of guys have motive, but no opportunity - so they stay faithful by default. It must be very difficult having women coming on you all the time. Fishermen circumvent any potential cheating opportunities by becoming completely gross in appearance and manner."

Well said Joe. Well said...