Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

New Christmas Music

Or even new to you...

I'm looking to bolster my Christmas music playlist for '09 - last years selection in the Music Forum was pretty good

Anyone have any good picks for the holidays?

Oh yeah, KarlF, I have to bring this one back - my best wishes to you and your bride for a Glad Yul and a Happy, Healthy New Year, since she and I share the same improbable ethnic background...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Im a big Christmas music fan. I think Harry Connick Jrs album is a new classic. That gets a lot of play at my house.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Karl F

God Jul to you and yours too Uncle Crafty...

Christmas Music..... the time between December 1, and the 25th... Truly the one time of year I miss daily non stop excessive drinking... I don't know how I get thru it... Thank goodness for sirius/xm .. and the trusty cd player....

hmmm jorgie jorgensen.... a Swedish Gem.... as one Swede said to me years ago, when we first met...(I had real blonde hair along with the blue eyes then).. he shook my hand and said... "brother Swede... I feel your pain"...

hmmm I could dig out that old Tiny Tim classic... or I could risk getting banned for life here... I got a REAL Good Denis Leary one..... ...

hmmmm......???
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Chuck did you get the James Taylor Christmas album I recommended???

RIJimmy....gonna get that HC Jr. album!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #5
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Chuck did you get the James Taylor Christmas album I recommended???

RIJimmy....gonna get that HC Jr. album!
Yup, sure did, Larry - it's been a favorite, 1st CD I played when I broke out the holiday stuff - great mix of songs.

I got it last year and while I was burning some Christmas music for my 97 year old uncle's new stereo system, I included the JT Christmas album

He's a lifelong jazz afficianado, has 78's going back to the 1920's, so I recorded a lot of more traditional stuff for him - Sinatra, Tony Bennett, some Christmas-y jazz stuff

His favorite?

Yup, he really like the JT album the most, he said...

So thanks - from me and Uncle Bill...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
God Jul to you and yours too Uncle Crafty...

Christmas Music..... the time between December 1, and the 25th... Truly the one time of year I miss daily non stop excessive drinking... I don't know how I get thru it... Thank goodness for sirius/xm .. and the trusty cd player....

hmmm jorgie jorgensen.... a Swedish Gem.... as one Swede said to me years ago, when we first met...(I had real blonde hair along with the blue eyes then).. he shook my hand and said... "brother Swede... I feel your pain"...

hmmm I could dig out that old Tiny Tim classic... or I could risk getting banned for life here... I got a REAL Good Denis Leary one..... ...

hmmmm......???
Aww, go ahead, Karl...you can always claim the soda made you do it like I do...

Yup, after my second Pepsi these days I'm one rootin' tootin' son of a gun...

Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

To sound like a scrooge.
YUCK. I get so sick of X-mas music....
My lovely wife prefers Mirah Carey X-mas

I had to dig out Led Zep BBC sessions to offset the X-mas music....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
To sound like a scrooge.
YUCK. I get so sick of X-mas music....
My lovely wife prefers Mirah Carey X-mas

I had to dig out Led Zep BBC sessions to offset the X-mas music....

Hey, Ebeneezer - there's always a chance you could undergo a Christmas conversion like old Mr Scrooge himself

Besides, it's gonna be different for you from this point out with that young lad waiting for Santy Claus every year...

Who knows, Dad could turn into a Cool Yule Dude...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
Bronko

I am a huge Bocelli fan. Here is the promo for his album. We have it and love it.

If you ask me this is a must have christmas album.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

RIJIMMY - Thanks, I'm gonna get the HC album for sure - I've always liked anything with that NOLA flavor

In fact, I was listening to 'Creole Christmas' when I saw your post - great album with Allen Toussaint, Dr John, Irma Thomas and Johnny Adams

If you don't have it, pick it up - it's in our holiday rotation around here...

Old 12-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
Karl F

not really new...and not the denis one I sent you Crafty ...
but definately one that doesn't get enough air time...

Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Good one Karl.......never heard it before

I'm surprised Reba or Patti Loveless hasn't covered that one

Gotta listen to it a few more times so I can get the lyrics down, though...

Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #13
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Yup, I knew it - Alan Jackson covered it...

Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Warmer climate thoughts......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote