Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXcowboy View Post
Is the road a place to be training like this? maybe find an oval track or someplace safter than 35-45mph heavily traveled roads. look not trying to start a fight here either.
There simply is no other place to ride. It's called "road riding" for a reason...what's funny is that bikers get the same reaction back home in Iowa where there's so much freaking land and everything is spread out. The motorists still throw a fit because someone thinks they have equal share of the road!

I'd say idiots towing boats around here are a much larger problem than the mostly law abiding cyclists out there.

Another angle is where we live, being blessed with such a beautiful scenery. Even better to be able to ride around and enjoy it...

I'm a very defensive cyclist, even more so when I've got my son in tow...although if I really thought someone would hit me from behind, perhaps the only real threat, I don't think I'd be on the road myself.

And I do wear the funny shorts, although I keep my sweater a little looser than the skinsuits I used to wear, and I no longer shave my legs.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
ha! that cracked me up "tough guys who blow by you" well what do you expect when yer goin to f-slow for the speed limit? why the f#$%^ would i want to stop and discuss it? you pissed me off.... what is there to discuss? get the f outta the way. your bike takes up 2 maybe 3 feet why do you have to be practically in the middle of the lanes?

Ha...yeah you have no clue buddy, I dont own any chaps or harley jackets. I own a harley wallet, a harley hat, and one harley t-shirt. I am assuming you are one of those guys riding in "tights" because I seem to have struck a nerve with the outfit talk. lmao.. thats just funny right there. ahahaha..

uh no i dont cry when people get to close to me...I get pissed when oblivious morons dont pay attention.

Yeah...whatever. im alset with internet drama. have a nice day. see you on the rode
This should be fun - Bikes don't have a speed limit - so your wrong there (again). So your the type of guy who tries to piss people off and runs away (real tough). Does your wallet have a chain? - cool, I wanted one of those in 4th grade. Yup, I wear "tights" but again, you'll laugh but not stop to discuss instead, you'll "blow" by them. Who said anything about crying - you seem to be the one with the anger issue.

Good luck on the road, hopefully, people will give you more courtesy on the road when your on your bike then you seem to give other people.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:32 AM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

The problem isn't a 45 mph road, it's the freaking drivers who think life will end if they are bothered to slow down for 15 seconds while they wait for traffic to pass.
Just relax and slow down.

Another good one is when your on a bike and get to a stop sign ahead of a car and they roll thru the stop sign even though they see you. I always think - are you that lazy that you can't take your foot off the gas for 5 sec.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #34
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Another good one is when your on a bike and get to a stop sign ahead of a car and they roll thru the stop sign even though they see you. I always think - are you that lazy that you can't take your foot off the gas for 5 sec.
I have a real problem with people who blow through stop signs...we have one near our house where I've nearly been hit several times. Guys with 30' boats in tow will roll down our hill and just go right through it. If a kid was there there's now chance they could stop.

I'm sure MotoX is just giving you some flack. Anybody who would actually buz a cyclist to make a statement would be a grade A a$$hole in my book.

-spence
Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #35
MotoXcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
This should be fun - Bikes don't have a speed limit - so your wrong there (again). So your the type of guy who tries to piss people off and runs away (real tough). Does your wallet have a chain? - cool, I wanted one of those in 4th grade. Yup, I wear "tights" but again, you'll laugh but not stop to discuss instead, you'll "blow" by them. Who said anything about crying - you seem to be the one with the anger issue.

Good luck on the road, hopefully, people will give you more courtesy on the road when your on your bike then you seem to give other people.
yeah ok, this is fun. bikes dont have a speed limit you're right. what I dont understand then is why not let you guys race down the breakdown lane in slow packs down the highway? They dont allow that.. but you're allowed to be in the middle of a lane on a 45mph road, it just seems to make no sense to me and thats where the aggrivation comes in.

if im pissed off = your bike race in my lane..yeah im gonna blow by you,..wtf why stop. are you gonna stop if i stop? no you're RACING! all this tough talk makes me laugh you dont know me...internet arguements are stupid. if you want to PM about this or hell meet me im sure we can work something out

no my wallet is not attached to a chain. its an everyday leather wallet..with a HD logo.

I already discussed the tights.. It doesnt really matter what I think though. Wear what you want..I just think you look queer.

you asked me "Do you cry when someone is driving too close to your bike?" and my response was "I get pissed when oblivious morons dont pay attention" see the previous posts.

I dont have an anger problem. I have a problem with racers in the road who arent riding practicable.

yeah good luck to you too. I wouldnt want to be the one out in the middle of a busy section of road with a pack of little bikes. It seems like a recipe for disaster. Please take your own advice and give the vehicles doing the speed limits in heavy traffic more courtousy and ride single file, maybe double wide at the most. What bothers me is the packs of 5-6wide who take up the whole lane. Ride practicable, and get the f%&* outta the way.
MotoXcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #36
spence

Quote:
What bothers me is the packs of 5-6wide who take up the whole lane.
How often do you see riders 5-6 wide?

-spence
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #37
Bass Babe
Registered LUser

Reading this makes me never want to ride my bike on the road again. Or leave the house in any capacity, even. Are there really that many selfish, egotistical, "the-world-owes-me-something" people out there? The world is full of people, and sometimes you have to share with them. I'll call someone a douchebag with my windows up, just like the next person, but there's no way I'd risk endangering someone's life (or my already high insurance rate) to show them my displeasure. That's it; I'm becoming a hermit. Good thing they deliver groceries.

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. ...Wait a minute, my work IS fishing. Sweet.
Bass Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #38
Island Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How often do you see riders 5-6 wide?

-spence
A few times, and thats what I am talking about. The rest of the bicycles on the road never bother me. The guys who are 5-6 wide taking up the whole lane are not sharing the road and are the ones my posts where about. How long am I supposed to ride behind you in 1st gear(I know they heard my pipes) before you let me by? No they never did so I romped by them. And it wasnt unsafe (to close). I think I know how to ride a bike (see my avatar?) I just get aggrivated by ignorant riders/people..

I think im on I/Gs screenname shes browsing and I dont want to change names to post again. have a nice day. we're going fishing

"Amor Est Vitae Essentia"
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #39
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
A few times, and thats what I am talking about. The rest of the bicycles on the road never bother me. The guys who are 5-6 wide taking up the whole lane are not sharing the road and are the ones my posts where about. How long am I supposed to ride behind you in 1st gear(I know they heard my pipes) before you let me by? No they never did so I romped by them. And it wasnt unsafe (to close). I think I know how to ride a bike (see my avatar?) I just get aggrivated by ignorant riders/people..

I think im on I/Gs screenname shes browsing and I dont want to change names to post again. have a nice day. we're going fishing
Dude! I was getting all worked up getting into IG's post and then I read it's you?

-spence
Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #40
spence

Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #41
spence