Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
What Paul doesn't say is what Paul fears will happen if the spigot is shut off to the many people that are now dependent. I hear it from my liberal friends, it will get ugly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bill Clinton cut off the spigot, he literally kicked millions of people off welfare. What happened? They went back to work. And today, Clinton is hailed as a hero to blacks. Yet if a white Republican says such things out loud, they are labeled racist. You can't make this crap up, you just can't.

Liberalism has destroyed, completely destroyed, black culture in this country (it started with the extinction of the black nuclear family, the rest was inevitable). The tragic, ironic thing, is that what the Tea Party espouses (traditional family values, self-reliance, individual responsibility, the free market) is precisely what the black community needs to embrace to climb out of poverty. Yet the Tea Party is labeled racist, because today in this country, it's considered "progressive" to give blacks $400 a month in welfare, rather than getting them a good job. It's just working awesome in our big cities.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #32
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yet the Tea Party is labeled racist, because today in this country, it's considered "progressive" to give blacks $400 a month in welfare, rather than getting them a good job. It's just working awesome in our big cities.
actually, they are labeled racist because most racists gravitate to the party.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I can't dispute that. However, that's racists showing how stupid they are. I'm wicked smaht. If I was a racist, if I wanted to see destruction brought to blacks, I'd vote Democrats across the board. As I said, look at the big cities. Most run by Democrats, most are colossal failures.

Try making that wrong?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #34
PaulS

I learned from SB.com that liberals make more money, like to raise taxes (which shows how stupid they are as they don't realize they have to pay those high taxes), give the money away to "those" ( I think "those" is really another word for Black) people, who are too stupid to realize that the liberals are only doing it so they become dependent on those handouts and thus have to vote for liberals so their handouts continue. They probably are too stupid to realize that the cities they live in are "colossal failures".
Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #35
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I learned from SB.com that liberals make more money, like to raise taxes (which shows how stupid they are as they don't realize they have to pay those high taxes), give the money away to "those" ( I think "those" is really another word for Black) people, who are too stupid to realize that the liberals are only doing it so they become dependent on those handouts and thus have to vote for liberals so their handouts continue. They probably are too stupid to realize that the cities they live in are "colossal failures".
or maybe not

Last edited by scottw; 10-29-2014 at 05:16 AM..
Old 10-29-2014, 05:24 AM   #36
Nebe

Just remember. It's the gop's agenda to dupe it's base of supporters into believing that the poor people in this country are solely poor because they are lazy bums s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off the teet provided by liberals. What they won't tell you is that so many of our country is poor due to the lack of good jobs that were once here and that the real reason that they are gone is that they were shipped off to china so that another lazy bum could make an extra million or two a day. Yet it's all the liberals fault for providing a safety net for those who are out of work in their small town because the factory closed that employed 1/4 of the towns population.

The 1% are laughing themselves to the bank.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Just remember. It's the gop's agenda to dupe it's base of supporters into believing that the poor people in this country are solely poor because they are lazy bums s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off the teet provided by liberals. What they won't tell you is that so many of our country is poor due to the lack of good jobs that were once here and that the real reason that they are gone is that they were shipped off to china so that another lazy bum could make an extra million or two a day. Yet it's all the liberals fault for providing a safety net for those who are out of work in their small town because the factory closed that employed 1/4 of the towns population.

yep, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the "leaders" that these guys are talking about would predictably say.....and have been repeating for the last 50 years...

"Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs" Hillary 2016

Last edited by scottw; 10-29-2014 at 06:46 AM..
Old 10-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

"lack of good jobs that were once here and that the real reason that they are gone is that they were shipped off to china "

That's true, but it's hardly the fault of the GOP. The economy became global, and that was that.

"It's the gop's agenda to dupe it's base of supporters into believing that the poor people in this country are solely poor because they are lazy bums "

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but you might want to re-consider where you get you information on what the GOP's agenda is.

Let's be clear. Many people's poverty is no fault of their own. And many people are poor as a direct result of the stupid decisions they made along the way.

The GOP agenda is to allow as many people as possible, to be successful. The liberal agenda is designed around creating a large, permanent underclass. Because if all those poor people became successful, the first thing they'd do is vote Republican. Common sense.

Again, it's interesting that Bill Clinton realized that millions were abusing the system, he kicked millions of them off welfare, and today, he's a hero of the left.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
They probably are too stupid to realize that the cities they live in are "colossal failures".
Let's be clear, shall we? Do you deny those cities are colossal failures? Yes or no?

BOY are you backed into a corner!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Boy, you have a real axe to grind with successful people, don't you?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #41
PaulS

So Bill Clinton kicked millions off the welfare and nothing happened - it didn't get ugly? I read that to mean there would be riots. Maybe you've misread the "thoughtless, ignorant rabble" you talk about.

The cities are where the poor go - that is where all the social service agencies are located (unless we're talking about the Hasidic Jews who have a very high poverty rate). That is why they have problems. How is that "backed into a corner"?

So what is the GOP's stance on raising the minimum wage? Can someone be "successful" working 40 hours per week and making minimum wage?

I'm "successful" and the GOP left me.

Tell us more how the Tea Party and the "Black community" should be natural allies - this should be funny.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #42
PaulS

But not "wicked" successful.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #43
buckman

Paul… What part of, you are not supposed to make a career flipping burgers ,don't you understand??? Unless you are saying these people are incapable of working their way up the ladder . Is that what you mean ? Raising the minimum wage just becomes another employer paid social program if you truly feel those in these jobs have reached their potential . That my friend , is not the GOP position
Old 10-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #44
PaulS

With the lack of factory jobs, flipping burgers has become a career. Yes, unfortunately I think certain people are not capable of working their way up the ladder. You and I have both dealt with them. The bill is $5.77, you give them a $10 and then they enter the $10 into the computer system and see you get back $4.23 and then you give them $1.02 so can get $5.25 back and they have no idea what to do.

They are never going to have what you and I may consider to be a great life but they deserve to have an ok life. I don't think a McDonald's worker deserves $15/hour but a min. wage that was indexed to inflation (I think it would be $10.xx now) might be sufficient.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #45
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:

Man, you have actually bought into the Democrat talking points that the jobs are all gone because of the Republicans. How has the 1% made out during the last 6 years with a Democrat in the Peoples house, control of the Senate and control of the House for 4 years??

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 10-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #46
PaulS

Fishpart, I think I have read that the top 1% have gotten like 90% of the income gains since Pres. Obama has been in office.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #47
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Paul, You may go to the head of the class!!

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 10-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #48
Fly Rod

Once U C the wage go to 12-15 bucks if ever U will C automation such as robots etc:...already there R machines that can do the work of a burger flipper putting the burger, tomato, lettuce mustard etc: on a bun... it is coming in the future...Lowes just introduced a robot that will direct U to the product U need....experimental...my azz its here to stay ...good bye lowes, walmarts welcomers.

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 10-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
So Bill Clinton kicked millions off the welfare and nothing happened - it didn't get ugly? I read that to mean there would be riots. Maybe you've misread the "thoughtless, ignorant rabble" you talk about.

The cities are where the poor go - that is where all the social service agencies are located (unless we're talking about the Hasidic Jews who have a very high poverty rate). That is why they have problems. How is that "backed into a corner"?

So what is the GOP's stance on raising the minimum wage? Can someone be "successful" working 40 hours per week and making minimum wage?

I'm "successful" and the GOP left me.

Tell us more how the Tea Party and the "Black community" should be natural allies - this should be funny.
'So Bill Clinton kicked millions off the welfare and nothing happened - it didn't get ugly?"

No,they went back to work. And no one accuses Clinton of lacking compassion.

"The cities are where the poor go - that is where all the social service agencies are located (unless we're talking about the Hasidic Jews who have a very high poverty rate). That is why they have problems."

I grew up poor. I knew lots of poor people. We didn't live the way people live in these cities, it's almost a 3rd world situation. It's more than poverty, it's a breakdown in culture. Nice dodge.

"what is the GOP's stance on raising the minimum wage?"

The GOP's stance is this (and why don't you know this?) - not every job in our economy is designed to be able to support a family on. The GOP's stance is that the solution here, is to give people the skills and tools they need to climb the ladder, not to artificially designate the economic value of a job (though I'm OK with raising the minimum wage a bit). We can't pay busboys $35k a year just because we think it's just to do so.

"I'm "successful" and the GOP left me."

How, specifically? What does the GOP stand for today, that it didn't stand for 20 years ago?

"Tell us more how the Tea Party and the "Black community" should be natural allies "

Here's how - more accurately "why" - they should be allies - the Tea Party wants all black people to be rich - on their own, that is. The liberals want to keep them addicted to welfare. The Tea Party agenda is a game plan for how huge numbers of impoverished blacks can become self-sufficient. It's not complicated, Paul.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
With the lack of factory jobs, flipping burgers has become a career. Yes, unfortunately I think certain people are not capable of working their way up the ladder. You and I have both dealt with them. The bill is $5.77, you give them a $10 and then they enter the $10 into the computer system and see you get back $4.23 and then you give them $1.02 so can get $5.25 back and they have no idea what to do.

They are never going to have what you and I may consider to be a great life but they deserve to have an ok life. I don't think a McDonald's worker deserves $15/hour but a min. wage that was indexed to inflation (I think it would be $10.xx now) might be sufficient.
"they deserve to have an ok life"

Well said and true. Not everyone can have a big house. But we all deserve a place to live that is clean, comfortable, and safe. Sadly, we have a long, long ways to go, on that we can agree.

Most people - not everyone, but most - can do better than flipping burgers. Here in CT, we have state universities that will admit you if you have a "C" average in high school, and you can get a degree in nursing - bingo - set for life. And that's attainable for the vast majority of Americans - not everybody, but the vast majority.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #51
Jenn

Jim in CT- unfortunately I have had a few hospital stays in my life and trust me the last thing I want is to be cared for by some "C" average nurse that is only in the profession because someone told them that they could become a nurse and "Be set for life". The medical field is already has enough people in it "for the money" so to speak. I have a major beef with this. If you don't get in it because you want to heal people and have that passion you should find another profession!

Trust me if you don't already know what I mean by this I hope you never have to experience what its like to be on the receiving end of medical care from someone who is there soley for a paycheck and doesn't give 2 #^&#^&#^&#^&s about your well being!

Simplify.......
Old 10-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #52
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yet the Tea Party is labeled racist, because today in this country, it's considered "progressive" to give blacks $400 a month in welfare, rather than getting them a good job. It's just working awesome in our big cities. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2014/09/29/bankruptcy-judge-expected-rule-water-shut-offs/16414323/

Quote:
trying to make sense of this.....sooo.....between 51% and 100% of racists gravitate to the Tea Party in it's various forms? Is this ALL racist or is this racists that are registered to vote(politically active racists)? Just curious how you arrived at such a statement(label)? By your labeling standards can we label the dems "criminal" because "most" criminals gravitate to the party given their soft stance on crime and punishment and support of felon voting etc?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement there is quite a bit in here regarding the tea party...I don't see it or "them" labeled "racist" beyond accusations by....well.......surprise..

Perceptions of the Tea Party
The movement has been called partly conservative,[5] partly libertarian,[3] and partly populist.[4]
The movement has sponsored protests and supported political candidates circa 2009.[6][7][8] Since the movement's inception, in the late 00's, left wing groups have accused the party of racism and intolerance.[267][268] Left leaning opponents have cited various incidents as evidence that the movement is, in their opinion, propelled by various forms of bigotry.[267][268] Supporters say the incidents are isolated acts attributable to a small fringe that is not representative of the movement.

Political language...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.

-- George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language" (1946)

Last edited by scottw; 10-30-2014 at 05:20 AM..
Old 10-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #53
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Jim in CT- unfortunately I have had a few hospital stays in my life and trust me the last thing I want is to be cared for by some "C" average nurse that is only in the profession because someone told them that they could become a nurse and "Be set for life". The medical field is already has enough people in it "for the money" so to speak. I have a major beef with this. If you don't get in it because you want to heal people and have that passion you should find another profession!

Trust me if you don't already know what I mean by this I hope you never have to experience what its like to be on the receiving end of medical care from someone who is there soley for a paycheck and doesn't give 2 #^&#^&#^&#^&s about your well being!
So TRUE Jenn.

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #54
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post

The F and D average men and women end up in the military. And when they retire they end up in the senate
Old 10-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #55
buckman

Quote:
The F and D average men and women end up in the military. And when they retire they end up in the senate
Is that supposed to be funny ?
The last part maybe
Old 10-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
The military is an outstanding option for folks who get Ds and Fs. Unfirtunately, most of those who get Fs don't go in the military, far more go on welfare.

The other issue is this, too many of those kids are getting Fs and Ds. Many of those kids could at least get Bs and Cs, if they had parents at home who gave a crap. That's the root of the problem, and it's irrefutably been exacerbated by liberal policies. If you give teenagers a financial and cultural incentive to have babies, guess what? More will have babies. And that's bad.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #57
Nebe

True!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #58
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
Navy..

Old 10-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #59
Nebe

I was joking, but Jim hit it home.