Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #31
buckman

It's fraud, plain and simple. Answer me why register only Dem. voters ? Maybe I'm a cynic, I know, but if you want me to believe that they never had the intent of rigging the election, your going to have to explain the real reason for the registration fraud. And" GOP claims" won't cover it.
The GOP didn't register the Dallas Cowboy team, Acorn did.
No personal responsability....the change we have been waiting for!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It's fraud, plain and simple. Answer me why register only Dem. voters ? Maybe I'm a cynic, I know, but if you want me to believe that they never had the intent of rigging the election, your going to have to explain the real reason for the registration fraud. And" GOP claims" won't cover it.
The GOP didn't register the Dallas Cowboy team, Acorn did.
No personal responsability....the change we have been waiting for!!!!
So you're going to file false registrations from the inner city in the hopes of making money and not getting caught...and you wonder why they would register Dems? This isn't rocket science...

As for rigging the election, there's zero evidence I'm aware of that indicates any systemic actions by ACORN to even attempt to do so.

Hell, if you're going to rig an election, making more democratic votes in precincts that are already guaranteed to vote demo doesn't make a lot of sense either!

-spence
Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #33
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So you're going to file false registrations from the inner city in the hopes of making money and not getting caught...and you wonder why they would register Dems? This isn't rocket science...

As for rigging the election, there's zero evidence I'm aware of that indicates any systemic actions by ACORN to even attempt to do so.

Hell, if you're going to rig an election, making more democratic votes in precincts that are already guaranteed to vote demo doesn't make a lot of sense either!

-spence
I quit! You win. I can't compete with your logic, excuses and justifications.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #34
detbuch

[QUOTE=spence;710835]The PIMP piece was clearly a hit job. Was it embarrassing for ACORN? Of course it was...but it's not journalism.

It's "journalism" when it gets published or broadcast in newspapers, magazines, or electronic media. Muckraking or yellow "journalism" has a proud history. If a media oultlet wishes to keep something from being "journalism"--just don't publish it. Out of sight, out mind.

The big three news stations try to keep things on the level, and admittedly they have lapses...but if I was the editor this wouldn't even come close to passing the basic smell test. It's not "news".

American Heritage Dictionary definition of "news": 1. Recent events and happenings, especially those that are unusual or notable. 2. a. Information about recent events of general interest, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television. b. A presentation or broadcast of such information. 3. New information about something previously unknown." Sounds like this would fit somewhere in there.

I'd note that other cable stations like CNN did cover the story as an "interest" piece, although with a bit more objectivity as the right-wing punditry.

What "objectivity"? This happened or it didn't.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-13-2009 at 11:36 PM..
Old 09-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
It's not the same crime. In most all of the cases cited above the false registrations are people that don't exist, they can't be converted into votes.

It's certainly bad as I've said all along. My point is that the GOP accusations aren't based in fact...it's a straw man to rile the base.

-spence
Haven't you created the straw man here? Nobody was discussing the GOP accusations in this thread until you deflected what was an effective discussion of ACORN abuses into the discussion being about GOP accusations.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Haven't you created the straw man here? Nobody was discussing the GOP accusations in this thread until you deflected what was an effective discussion of ACORN abuses into the discussion being about GOP accusations.
This thread wouldn't exist were it not for GOP accusations, especially during the 2008 presidential campaign, that ACORN was engaging in widespread voter fraud to rig the election for the Democrats...specifically to target Obama's time as a community organizer.

-spence
Old 09-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #37
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
This thread wouldn't exist were it not for GOP accusations, especially during the 2008 presidential campaign, that ACORN was engaging in widespread voter fraud to rig the election for the Democrats...specifically to target Obama's time as a community organizer.

-spence
This thread wouldn't exist if ACORN wasn't committing voter registration fraud .

Gawd, this is getting tough. One man's insurgent is another man's freedom fighter all over again.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
This thread wouldn't exist if ACORN wasn't committing voter registration fraud .

Gawd, this is getting tough. One man's insurgent is another man's freedom fighter all over again.
Actually, I don't think anyone here is a big ACORN supporter...I'm certainly not.

-spence
Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #39
buckman

Quote:
Actually, I don't think anyone here is a big ACORN supporter...I'm certainly not.

-spence
Just a huge defender
Old 09-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #40
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Just a huge defender
Nope, just a research project.

-spence
Old 09-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #41
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Congress votes to de-fund ACORN and the FBI will investigate.
Looks like 2 citizens did more to investigate than the media.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-18-2009, 05:36 AM   #42
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Congress votes to de-fund ACORN and the FBI will investigate.
Looks like 2 citizens did more to investigate than the media.
Thier wasting their time. Spence researched this and found them to be a A-OK. Give them back the funding so they can continue to do the Dems dirty work