Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #31
Bliz

Send a message via AIM to Bliz Send a message via Yahoo to Bliz
I'm not sure it's as much the President, as much as it may be his advisors...

But nonetheless, wherever the true blame lies in all of this, I think we are in a very precarious situation when it comes to our stretegic position in world politics with regard to our economic future as a world power.

As the article had mentioned, this could have a profound impact upon our future sovereignty as a nation.

We really need to pray for our leaders, as we need some creative direction as to navigate our way out of the current course in which we are heading.

I think that in dealing with the core issues, we need to go beyond the ideals of party affiliation.

As democrats and republicans battle, it is our nation that suffers.
Bliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #32
Raven

Arrow it's very unfortunate

that it takes a major disaster like 9-11 which in essense was an act of war to bring both sides of the political arena to the table with a mutual
cooperative attitude.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #33
Bliz

You're right about the gas prices Joe.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better...
Old 04-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #34
Raven

Arrow i agree bliz

but double the current price from 3 to 6 sounds rather steep considering that iran only exports 14 % of our foriegn oil was my point.... i think hurricanes and their destructive force are more of a threat to our present day refineries than is IRAN not speaking from a military stance....though... fighting a war with iran would be a BEAR
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #35
Skip N

The ENTIRE world needs to take action against Iran if needed. Why must the US always save everyones freakin asses from radicals. I wish the rest of the world were'nt a bunch of Pussies. Hey France, how 'bout a little help once in a while aye? To many countries try to be nice to murderous tyrants. Makes me sick

And Bush kissing the freakin ass of that Chinese Commi at the White House Yesterday made me sick. Props to that Chinese protester who said what needed to be said to that Commi pig.

Last edited by Skip N; 04-21-2006 at 04:11 PM..
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #36
Bliz

Here we go again...
I think that Iran is going to be next...

LONDON, May 6 - Iran's Oil Ministry took a step toward establishing an oil trading market denominated in euros, rather than the US dollar, by granting a license for the bourse, Iranian state-run television reported.Just who would trade on the market wasn't immediately apparent. Iranian television did not mention traders or governments willing to market or purchase products on the exchange, nor did it say when it would open for business, the Associated Press (AP) reported."Iran has registered an oil bourse on the Persian Gulf island of Kish in which oil would be sold in euros," the broadcast said. Kish, located off the coast of southern Iran, houses the offices of some 100 Iranian and foreign oil companies.Oil trading is currently only conducted in dollars on markets in New York and London.According to AP, Iranian legislators earlier this year urged the government to set up the market to reduce the United States' influence over the Islamic republic's economy. They also criticized Oil Minister Sayed Kazem Vaziri Hamaneh, saying he had delayed setting up the bourse.If the market succeeds, observers say euro-denominated oil sales could eventually convince central bankers to convert some US dollar reserves into euros, possibly causing a decline in the dollar's value.First floated in 2004 when reformist president Mohammad Khatami was in power, the idea of a euros-traded oil bourse gained new life after the stridently nationalist Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected president last summer, AP pointed out.As the fourth-largest oil producing country in the world, the second in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting countries and controlling about 5 percent of the global oil supply, Iran has a measure of influence over international oil markets. Tehran also partially controls the Persian Gulf's Strait of Hormuz through which much of the world's oil supply must pass, AP added.Iran has sought to wield its oil resources as a bargaining tool in Tehran's ongoing standoff with the West over its nuclear program.Iran's deputy oil minister, M.H. Nejad Hosseinian, said Thursday he doubted the UN Security Council would impose sanctions on Iran's oil sector because such a move would drive oil prices higher, AP stated.Council members are considering imposing sanctions on Iran for defying their request to halt all uranium enrichment-related activities by late last month.

This is a dangerous trend for our economy.