Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-14-2016, 06:14 AM   #91
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

an assumption on your part my point is Muslim Americans have contributed much and have died defending this country and other Americans wish to ignore this basic fact
name one
Old 04-14-2016, 06:42 AM   #92
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
name one
How many times does he have to recite , without giving any credit, the Huffpost article ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-14-2016, 06:56 AM   #93
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
name one
Why don't you go for a walk through Arlington and see for yourself. Pass out some Trump hats while your at it.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:46 AM   #94
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why don't you go for a walk through Arlington and see for yourself. Pass out some Trump hats while your at it.
I was just going to recommend going there as well. Plenty of markers there with the Islam symbol.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #95
Sea Dangles

Arlington is a moving experience,many members of today's military cringe when they think of Hillary as commander in chief. I am sure a Trump hat would be welcome as he respects our veterans. Conversely, anything to do with Hillary would be respectfully tolerated.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #96
Nebe

Just about every person I know who's a vet or current military are pro Sanders. They want someone in office who isn't a hawk and makes logical decisions based on right or wrong and not based on who makes the most money off of it.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #97
Nebe

Piemma is the exception.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #98
ecduzitgood
time to go

And yet the veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan seem to support Trump. Maybe being drafted made the difference in some., especially the ones who didn't want to be there.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/v...n-controversy/
Old 04-14-2016, 11:12 AM   #99
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
"Americans wish to ignore this basic fact"...... I was asking him to name one of these....

I don't like Trump....

Last edited by scottw; 04-14-2016 at 11:37 AM..
Old 04-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #100
detbuch

Quotes in red by wdmso
Quotes in black responses by detbuch

Isn't that the whole issue with Islam? its those interpretations and the people who do these interpretations.

In relativism, that is the issue with all perception, not just Islam. If you're a relativist, which you seem to be, certainly seem to be concerning the Constitution, the issue is merely a matter of interpretation. But those who created the Constitution did not intend to make a document which depended on relativistic points of view. Law is peculiar in that respect. It cannot function as an opinion. It must be universal. Otherwise everyone would be a law unto himself. As well, he who created Islam did not intend to institute a free-for-all system of rules and beliefs. He made LAW. And he claimed that Allah dictated that law to him.

The Constitutional Founders and early Constitutional jurists made clear what the Constitution meant. But our latter day relativists have turned the original meaning upside down and created, out of personal, relativistic points of views, a different document. One which, due to the manner it has been created, really is not to be depended on beyond the moment, and will surely be changed with the next waves of personal opinions.

And Muhammad's words and actions made clear that Islam was not to be some co-existent mode, but a universal law expanded to all people by conversion either through persuasion or force. And Islam's latter day apologists, probably because the command to make Islam the law of the world is not feasible, at least not yet, are claiming to "reform" it into something it is not.

That's fine. When the Sultans, Sheiks, and Imams of Saudi Arabia, and the grand clerics of Iran truly convert to this tolerant notion of Islam, to transform it into merely a personal religion which is practiced on an equal basis with other beliefs, then most of us who view Islam as a threat will no longer do so.

an assumption on your part my point is Muslim Americans have contributed much and have died defending this country and other Americans wish to ignore this basic fact

I said that your quote from the Quran was A key element to your post. I wasn't assuming it was your whole point. And I pointed out how that quote was misinterpreted by your source, and that the quote actually meant the opposite of what your source "interpreted." If you wish to sweep that under the rug and move on . . . I understand.

But you move on a little too far when you state that "other" Americans wish to ignore Muslim American sacrifices. There is no mass call to deport Muslim American citizens or to hate them. But their personal sacrifices do not negate the incompatibility of Islam with our system of government.

^^^^^ classic Muslim Bigotry those who want us to believe Islam is something that it isn't. intentionally be trying to deceive us is this political or a religious feeling of yours? ^^^^^^^^^^

It is not a "feeling" on my part. BTW, I notice you intentionally left out the other provision I listed: "Or who may actually want to believe what they tell us." That third option is a recognition of sincerity on the part of many Muslims who believe their "religion" is a peaceful, co-existential one. In their minds either it has always been so, or, for them, it has been reformed. I hope they can sincerely keep that "point of view" and entirely practice it the rest of their lives and immerse their children on that view.

But, as I said, it is not a "feeling" on my part. It is a rational conclusion based on study. Even though I am not a lawyer or part of a left or right leaning "non partisan" institute, I know how to study. And my studies were not limited to solely anti-Muslim bigots. They were mostly informed by Islamic scholars, Islamic websites, and the nature of present day Islamic States.

Sorry never admitted anything just kinda para phrased what you think that islam is taking over the world

You said: "No ... just shorter than yours thats all" I don't see any kind of Para phrasing there regarding Islam taking over the world. You were responding to my asking if there was a point to your sarcastic rant. So, your answer "No" is admitting that there was no point to your sarcastic rant. And "shorter than yours" would imply that mine was also a rant. Which is an admission that yours was a rant as well, just shorter.

Now if I was to guess that was a paraphrase of my thinking that Islam is taking over the world, I don't see how I was to guess that.

And besides, I never said that I thought Islam is taking over the whole world. I said that fundamental Islamic doctrine requires that "taking over" as you put it.

BTW, in another thread I asked you if it would be OK if we imposed the same requirements on voting as we do on gun ownership. Would you be good with that?

No not until voting can kill or be used in violent crime or you can use it in Home defense or warfare

Well, actually, voting can be used for all those things. It can be used to promote the death penalty. To abort babies, even fully formed ones. It can be used to promote those who advocate the crime of eliminating our unalienable rights, even to the point of totally abandoning and replacing the Constitution without amendment or due process, which does great violence to our freedoms. It certainly can be used to elect those who advocate defense or warfare.

But, as I clearly stated, which you refuse to consider, or are unable to comprehend, the right to bear arms is an unalienable right NOT TO BE ABRIDGED as given in the Bill of Rights. There is no guarantee in the Constitution that voting cannot be abridged or regulated in some ways as decided by the States.

So why do you advocate for stricter gun laws than we already have (and which already have abridged the right to bear arms) even though they are far, far more restrictive than voting regulations, but you favor far less restrictive voting laws than we have.

And yes. Voting is a weapon that can be used for greater good or evil than owning a firearm.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-14-2016 at 05:14 PM..