Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #61
scottw

this will explain everything.....

The Christmas tree industry has tried three different times to conduct promotional programs based on voluntary contributions. Each time, after about three years, the revenue declined to a point where the programs were ineffective. The decline in revenue is attributable to the voluntary nature of these programs. Therefore, the proponents have determined that they need a mechanism that would be sustainable over time. They believe that a national Christmas tree research and promotion program would accomplish this goal.

http://www.federalregister.gov/artic...ion-order#p-26

if you want to shake more money out of people, you create a new governement program complete with a task force, board, mandatory fees(I guess on just the "rich" Christmas tree producers) etc...etc...

Last edited by scottw; 11-13-2011 at 02:02 AM..
Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 AM   #62
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

nice.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #63
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
My objection is the larger picture of government intervention where it is neither warranted, nor Constitutionally appropriate.
No problem with that at all. My objections were to the spirit of the title of the article and the fact that this program has been going on for a long time. Nobody paid attention or cared until a few loud mouths got people riled up, more for the benefit of their agenda than because this topic warranted it.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 AM   #64
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
No problem with that at all. My objections were to the spirit of the title of the article.....
funny, because you didn't mention the "spirit of the title" until about your 12th post...your reaction along with others was to try to try to justify this....beyond the title of the thread..which I think was a play on "THE GINGRICH WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS"... I don't see much blame being thrown directly at Obama but rather an argument as to whether this is the proper role of government and the imposition of taxes and fees under any guise....which is one of the most important issues at hand in many areas...for some, issues of Constitutionality and the proper role of government take a back seat to what they "think" should be done to fix this or that...see "Let's Talk Health Care"

Last edited by scottw; 11-14-2011 at 04:16 AM..