Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Ticks-They Ain't Dead Yet!!!

My wife and I have had an ongoing argument about deer ticks since we went to Cutty in September! Someone over there mentioned how prevalent they are over there and of course she goes off the deep end!!! "I want you to be careful over there your going to get Lyme Disease....blah, blah, blah!" Well I kept telling her that I had never even seen one over there in about 15 trips over and all that tromping through the woods and down the paths and what not and that I was just as likely, if not more so, to come in contact with them right here in our wooded back yard where we have lots of Deer!!! Well....guess who was right?!!! I was mowing/s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up the leaves just now into our bagger and I come in the house and don't I find 3 of them right off the bat on my shirt!!!! I kill them and run down stairs, strip my clothes off and into the wash with them immediately!!! Vacuum the rugs and peel the covers off the couch I sat on!! I need Lyme Disease like I need a hole in the head!! So I guess even with the frosty nights we have had they are still very much alive!!! They must have jumped onto my shirt as I was emptying the bag in the woods??? Stuff was flying all around so I am guessing thats how they came to be on my shirt??!!

Chaulk one up for me.....and didn't I give her the "I told you so!!!"

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Starfish
Princess of the Rocks

Send a message via AIM to Starfish Send a message via Yahoo to Starfish
We went on a hike at the reservior the other day and I pulled 3 off my pant legs. Casey pulled about that many off him too. Good thing we carried our little one most of the way. Definitely need to check...they are still alive and still disgusting! They gross me out so bad!

Is There Anything Sexier Than A Hot Babe With A Bent Rod? ~RHern
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Bigcat

I just pulled one off my dog, I have her on k9 advantix the stuff works great.
We have been hunting at least four times a week, and are in the woods at least twice a day.
I guess I'm lucky they don't like me

Fly & Light Tackle Fishing
Bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
Raven

Exclamation yep

they are out like a mutha

i ain't runnin the dog til there's snow on the ground
otherwise its all indoor play...

the wife had one on her just from walkin the dog

then i had one under my shirt yesterday too...

you have to have several sets of clothes ready to
change into any time your outside
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote