Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-23-2021, 12:27 PM   #271
wdmso

Trump asks Supreme Court to keep records from House Jan. 6 committee

So much for America 1st or transparency and only things involving Jan 6th nothing else.

Let’s see if the Supreme will entertain him and to reverse a unanimous ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which rejected his assertions of executive privilege or not respond at all

But we all know Trump is expecting a quid pro quo from the justices he appointed
Old 12-24-2021, 06:27 AM   #272
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
still can't follow the bouncing ball
whack-a-mole....
Old 12-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #273
wdmso

Dec 17th

Trump goes on anti-Semitic rant, claims Israel controlled Congress and Jews run New York Times

So which is it Jews aren’t loyal to the US or US Jew should be loyal to Israel
Old 01-02-2022, 08:02 AM   #274
wdmso

January 2nd

Trump still says his supporters weren't behind the Jan. 6 attack

Why do people still follow and support this pathological liar ?
Old 01-02-2022, 09:44 AM   #275
Pete F.
Canceled

A year out from 1/6/21, we've arrived at the point where considerable numbers of pro-Trump people declare their outright support for the attack - and where the willingness to cover up for it is the test of orthodoxy for Republicans seeking nomination to the House in 2022
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #276
scottw

we need a catchy name for this new national holiday

how about "Deplorables Day" ?
Old 01-02-2022, 11:43 AM   #277
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
we need a catchy name for this new national holiday

how about "Deplorables Day" ?
trump and the stock market are all they have going for them.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:19 PM   #278
wdmso

About 4 in 10 Republicans and independents say violent action against the government is sometimes justified

Seems we have 2 here
Old 01-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #279
detbuch

Quote:
About 4 in 10 Republicans and independents say violent action against the government is sometimes justified

Seems we have 2 here
Seems, since it took violent actions against the government to create the U.S., that such violence is sometimes is justified. Unless you're not a fan of the U.S. Or of other violent revolts against governments, especially in Europe, that deposed authoritarians in favor of governments closer to the wishes and needs of the people.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:00 PM   #280
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I wonder what the numbers are for Democrats that don’t think protests need to be peaceful

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-02-2022 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #281
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I wonder what the numbers are for Democrats that don’t think protests need to be peaceful
don’t you know, it’s ok when democrats do it? you didn’t get the memo?
Old 01-02-2022, 04:13 PM   #282
Jim in CT

Quote:

Seems we have 2 here
and probably 10 out of 10 democrats feel that way, evidenced by every political riot from the last 35 years except january 6 - anti police riots, black lives matter, antifa, any of that ring a bell?
Old 01-02-2022, 05:01 PM   #283
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and probably 10 out of 10 democrats feel that way, evidenced by every political riot from the last 35 years except january 6 - anti police riots, black lives matter, antifa, any of that ring a bell?
You are in my prayers Jim.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:23 PM   #284
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump didn’t change the current GOP, he revealed it. To look the other way is to deny the grave danger to democracy that is the truth of the Republican Party.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:43 PM   #285
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump didn’t change the current GOP, he revealed it. To look the other way is to deny the grave danger to democracy that is the truth of the Republican Party.
Nah
Old 01-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #286
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
this reminds me of when pelosi said she was praying for trump
Old 01-02-2022, 05:55 PM   #287
scottw

Quote:
ummmm..it was over in like three hours and the guy with the horns is in jail
Old 01-02-2022, 06:00 PM   #288
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Sure Jan,
Trump instilled doubt in the "rigged" election, pressured officials, installed DeJoy, admitted he wouldn't concede, appointed someone in the Supreme Court who he believed would help overturn the results, and fomented the violent attempted putsch#^&at the Capitol. It was all Trump.
Even Ivanka says so

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-02-2022, 06:04 PM   #289
Jim in CT

Quote:
we were ALL in grave danger. Grave.

the fact that the lefty riots last summer killed infinitely more people ( since the january 6 idiots killed zero), and caused billions more in property damage, matters not.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:05 PM   #290
Jim in CT

Quote:
lobbing baseless insults? get outta here, that’s so unlike you. usually your posts are so chock full of accurate facts and non partisan, logical conclusions.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:44 PM   #291
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we were ALL in grave danger. Grave.

the fact that the lefty riots last summer killed infinitely more people ( since the january 6 idiots killed zero), and caused billions more in property damage, matters not.
72% of Americans believe the people involved in the attack on the Capitol were “threatening democracy” and most believe Trump is responsible. I think you’re underestimating how much people want to see accountability.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-02-2022, 06:46 PM   #292
spence

Quote:
72% of Americans believe the people involved in the attack on the Capitol were “threatening democracy” and most believe Trump is responsible. I think you’re underestimating how much people want to see accountability.
Do do you think Jim knows what infinitely means? Should he be allowed to do a job that requires math?
Old 01-02-2022, 06:53 PM   #293
scottw

Quote:
I bet at least 50% of Americans could care less....not sure where you come up with these numbers
Old 01-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #294
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Do do you think Jim knows what infinitely means? Should he be allowed to do a job that requires math?
He obviously has a job that requires math skills, but not critical thinking.
This is demonstrated by his claims that people are moving from blue states to red states because they are less “wasteful”
If that were true Louisiana and the rest of the ten lowest rated states, all red, would be attracting a lot more people, most Americans want a centrist political agenda not the fascism Jim supports.
But he doesn’t really like Trump and he’s for gay something, as long as they aren’t women politicians.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-02-2022, 07:00 PM   #295
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I bet at least 50% of Americans could care less....not sure where you come up with these numbers
If voters don’t believe that an attempt to overthrow the republic by the sitting president is more important than inflation, then maybe they neither want nor deserve the republic.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-02-2022, 07:50 PM   #296
scottw

Quote:
If voters don’t believe that an attempt to overthrow the republic by the sitting president is more important than inflation, then maybe they neither want nor deserve the republic.

The march of the deplorables lasted three hours and was over….other than the phony outrage from the usual suspects lately nobody cares…I’m sorry this frustrates you…it didn’t really disrupt their lives of most…. Inflation is every day….

Last edited by scottw; 01-02-2022 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-02-2022, 08:01 PM   #297
Jim in CT

Quote:
a large % of republicans think the 2020 election was stolen.

americans thinking something, doesn’t make it so. especially with our current media.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:04 PM   #298
Jim in CT

Quote:
trump wanted to undo the free election. that’s very very bad, but thank god it never came
close to happening. what you can’t explain, is why it wasn’t equally bad when elected democrats attempted to do the same thing after the 2016 election, when they asked electors not to vote for him and then challenged he results of a few states with zero basis to do so.

please explain why it was bad when trump did it, but no biggie when your side did it.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:07 PM   #299
Jim in CT

Quote:
trump wanted to undo the free election. that’s very very bad, but thank god it never came
close to happening. what you can’t explain, is why it wasn’t equally bad when elected democrats attempted to do the same thing after the 2016 election, when they asked electors not to vote for him and then challenged he results of a few states with zero basis to do so.

please explain why it was bad when trump did it, but no biggie when your side did it.

trump
told those idiots to march “peacefully and patriotically” to the capital, and he was impeached. and you have been clutching your pearls ever since.

maxine waters told
liberals to hound and harass those in trumps cabinet until they knew “they aren’t welcome anywhere, anytime”, and you could care less.

countless democrats expressed explicit support for the 2020 riots and that’s no big deal.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:12 AM   #300
Pete F.
Canceled

If you can shrug it off as just another incident of Trump talking too much, then you have already signed up for the next incident—and the one after that.