Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-19-2021, 11:08 AM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i claim no moral authority. i agree i could have been more mature, and should have been more mature. i’m just pointing out your obvious, glaring hypocrisy. You’re the one making moral judgments ( depending on politics, not dependent on what people are posting), not me.

i showed you screen shots of pete’s posts about my mother and TDFs kids, remember your response? you don’t care what he does. Which is fine, there’s no law that says you have to care. But it means you have no principled reason to hold
anyone to a higher standard than you hold Pete to.

Nice try. Swing and a miss.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Try again bc as I've said you can't pick and choose the response you get. When YOU constantly insult people and frame it as "ALL" liberals are this or "ALL" liberals are that, don't be shocked when people respond in a fashion you don't like.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:17 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Try again bc as I've said you can't pick and choose the response you get. When YOU constantly insult people and frame it as "ALL" liberals are this or "ALL" liberals are that, don't be shocked when people respond in a fashion you don't like.
Paul, again, you’re criticizing me ( and i’m not saying you don’t have cause), and you’re criticizing SD ( which is also fair), but not a syllable when your side does it. you’re
proving my point, not challenging it, by continuing to criticize me and ignoring the ugliness in your side.

because you don’t care when your side does it. you’ve said exactly that.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, again, you’re criticizing me ( and i’m not saying you don’t have cause), and you’re criticizing SD ( which is also fair), but not a syllable when your side does it. you’re
proving my point, not challenging it, by continuing to criticize me and ignoring the ugliness in your side.

because you don’t care when your side does it. you’ve said exactly that.
I don't read posts from "my side" and very rarely do I quote them for that same reason.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:43 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't read posts from "my side" and very rarely do I quote them for that same reason.
not asking why you don’t read them. i showed you the posts, you said you didn’t care. but you care when SD or I do it. I’m asking why. It’s a fair question.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:06 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
not asking why you don’t read them. i showed you the posts, you said you didn’t care. but you care when SD or I do it. I’m asking why. It’s a fair question.
I said I don't care what he said bc I don't read them. You've insulted me many times through your style of posting. Sometimes I ignore then, sometimes I have the time to respond back. SD is a scummy troll who is so bad that I get unsolicited emails about his past behavior.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:32 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
I said I don't care what he said bc I don't read them. You've insulted me many times through your style of posting. Sometimes I ignore then, sometimes I have the time to respond back. SD is a scummy troll who is so bad that I get unsolicited emails about his past behavior.
and you’ve insulted me many times paul, and i don’t cry about it. you’re ignoring the point. you did read Pete’s posts, i showed them to you. you’ll continue to ignore this behavior from the left, you’ll
always call it out on the right. we get it.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:46 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
and you’ve insulted me many times paul, and i don’t cry about it. you’re ignoring the point. you did read Pete’s posts, i showed them to you. you’ll continue to ignore this behavior from the left, you’ll
always call it out on the right. we get it.
I'm not crying about it. you asked a question and I answered. You're a serial offender and I CHOOSE to engage with you (and SD). It is not my job (I'm not a moderator) to police this site. If the mods. don't care, why should I?
Old 01-19-2021, 12:49 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
If the mods. don't care, why should I?
The entire point, is that you clearly do care, at least when republicans do it. i’m not saying it well, or you’re not getting it.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
The entire point, is that you clearly do care, at least when republicans do it. i’m not saying it well, or you’re not getting it.
I only care enough not to take the insults.

I use to care about the site and how it was viewed, but not any more.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #40
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Dummy
That’s why
He will criticize you for commenting on posts when he does it CONSTANTLY.
He will feign outrage over spouse/children comments when he also CONSTANTLY makes those also.
He is a confused guy for sure. One who holds others to standards he CONSTANTLY crosses without consequence.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Dummy
That’s why
He will criticize you for commenting on posts when he does it CONSTANTLY.
He will feign outrage over spouse/children comments when he also CONSTANTLY makes those also.
He is a confused guy for sure. One who holds others to standards he CONSTANTLY crosses without consequence.
Rolly, One of the emails I received about said your wife had cancer in the past. Is that true?
Old 01-19-2021, 03:31 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Holy crap, I thought I’d poke a little fun in the final days, since we in the middle or left leaning have endured four years of the same, culminating in the predictions Trump was an easy winner, hence the $100 bets, play nice now we are in unity mode now hopefully.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:32 PM   #43
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Holy crap, I thought I’d poke a little fun in the final days, since we in the middle or left leaning have endured four years of the same, culminating in the predictions Trump was an easy winner, hence the $100 bets, play nice now we are in unity mode now hopefully.
don't worry...the fun will; continue with this muppet

Old 01-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
don't worry...the fun will; continue with this muppet

You really are a DB, google if you don’t get the reference and several apply.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:35 PM   #45
scottw

Quote:

You really are a DB,

Gee...the name calling is not exactly "unity mode"
Old 01-19-2021, 06:40 PM   #46
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Gee...the name calling is not exactly "unity mode"
You live on the low road own it.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:51 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:
You live on the low road own it.
don't worry people like muppets....
Old 01-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:

Jim I know you love the Gallup polls, the latest has Trumps approval rating at 34% and overall rating the lowest of any president in our lifetime.

The HILL

Trump approval rating relatively unchanged in wake of Capitol rioting: NBC News poll
BY JOSEPH CHOI - 01/17/21

A poll released by NBC News on Sunday morning found that President Trump’s approval rating has remained relatively unchanged following deadly rioting by his supporters at the U.S. Capitol earlier this month.

The new poll found that 43 percent of voters gave Trump a positive job approval rating,

NEWSWEEK
U.S.

Trump Job Approval Rating Rises As He Leaves Office, Faces Impeachment Trial: Rasmussen Poll

BY JEFFERY MARTIN ON 1/19/21 AT 5:21 PM EST

As of Monday, 51 percent of those who participated in the poll gave Trump a positive approval rating.

Trump's approval ratings indicated a rise from Monday's findings which showed a 48 percent approval rating for Trump and a 51 percent disapproval rating.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:48 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
DeBarr you have been noticeably quiet, are you out of blue color, time to hit staples or office max. What no defense of the miserable vaccine rollout at a time we are approaching 500,000 dead? No defense like Scott of the mostly peaceful (haha) breach of the capitol? No skipping record like Jim the keeper of the Trumps greatest hits?
I have been avoiding the toxicity brewing on the forum, so didn't notice this little blurb. You and Pete have shown me that rational discussion is no match for repetitive proclamation and accusation. Not worth the effort. Congratulations. Biden and Harris. Good stuff.