Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Breaking news---arrest made in Ramsey case

Arrest made in JonBenet Ramsey case

Suspect detained in Thailand in connection with ’96 murder, DA source says

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and news services
Updated: 47 minutes ago

BOULDER, Colo. - A man suspected in the slaying of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey nearly a decade ago was arrested Wednesday in Thailand, the district attorney said.

Colorado authorities scheduled a news conference Thursday to discuss the case but declined further comment.

Federal officials familiar with the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the man was already being held in Bangkok on unrelated sex charges. CBS reported that the suspect, a 41-year-old second-grade teacher from the U.S., will be brought back to the United States this weekend.

The suspect was detained in Bangkok on Wednesday morning, Denver NBC affiliate KUSA said, and was going to be brought to the U.S. within the next two days by a Boulder County district attorney investigator.

The girl was found beaten and strangled in the basement of the family’s home in Boulder, Colo., on Dec. 26, 1996.

Law enforcement officials from Boulder were flying to Bangkok to present Thai authorities with documents in the slaying of the 6-year-old beauty pageant contestant, officials in Washington said. They asked to remain anonymous pending an announcement in Colorado.

According to KUSA, the suspect in custody knew details about the murder that had not been made available to the general public.

The girl’s parents, Patsy and John Ramsey, had been under an “umbrella of suspicion” in JonBenet’s death. The Ramseys said an intruder killed their daughter. A grand jury investigation in Boulder ended with no indictments, and no arrests had been made in the case.

Patsy Ramsey died of ovarian cancer in June.

In 2003, U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes in Atlanta concluded that the evidence she reviewed suggested an intruder killed JonBenet. That opinion came with the judge’s decision to dismiss a libel and slander lawsuit against the Ramseys by a freelance journalist, whom the Ramseys had named as a suspect in their daughter’s murder. The Boulder district attorney at the time said she agreed with Carnes’ declaration.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Skip N

Have you seen that dude? Holy crap does he look creepy. If what he claims he did to her is true, they better kill this SOB asap. F'ing dirt bag
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
Saltheart

Put him in jail so he can relive the sexual assault a thousand times with his new roommate Bubba!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
BigBo

The guy is a creep for sure. He was living in Thailand to facilitate his sickness.
Does anybody else feel that the parents are still somewhat responsible for putting the little girl in harms way? I think we're going to learn more disturbing facts as they dig deeper into this whole thing.
Truely sad for the little girl. I don't believe she ever got the chance to enjoy childhood.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:31 AM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo
Does anybody else feel that the parents are still somewhat responsible for putting the little girl in harms way?

. I don't believe she ever got the chance to enjoy childhood.
I am not sure how much fault can be set on those parents(I think they suffered a great loss) but I do know this. My most precious possesion is not some fishing stuff or wife's jewlery, it is our children. If I owned that kind of home ,I would have had a state of the art alarm system and I would have used it. No way would anyone get in without knowing about it. When you have money. you can afford the best. there are some great security companies around that do a good job keeping the rifraff out.

If that guy did it he should be strung up.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo
The guy is a creep for sure. He was living in Thailand to facilitate his sickness.
Does anybody else feel that the parents are still somewhat responsible for putting the little girl in harms way? I think we're going to learn more disturbing facts as they dig deeper into this whole thing.
Truely sad for the little girl. I don't believe she ever got the chance to enjoy childhood.
I can't see much good coming when you make your 5 year old daughter up to look a hooker.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
BigBo

That's what I'm saying Slip. I have my grandson and feel the same way. I would do anything within my power to pretct him.
I believe that by the Ramsey's throwing their daughter into the limelight at such an early age, they inadvertantly made her a high profile target.
I guess I'll reserve any further judgement until the final outcome.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #8
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr
I can't see much good coming when you make your 5 year old daughter up to look a hooker.
My thoughts exactlly, they treated thier daughter like she was a damn show dog, still no excuse for what that scumbag did, but her parents are still a bunch of idiots.
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote