Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Weeper of the House

Nobody saw John Boehner on 60 minutes ?,,, oooiiivey .

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

whats your gripe?
We have the 3rd most powerful guy in American,who is one of 11 kids, grew up working with his father in a bar, put himself through school, made HIS OWN millions and went into politics. He is a sensitive guy. He grew up in a house full of love and family. He understands SACRIFICE.
Whats wrong with that?
I'll take that over arrogant liberal arsewipes any day of the week

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
scottw

I cried at "How to Train Your Dragon"
Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Yeah, when i thought the Night Fury was dead......

Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Duke41
got gas?

The guy is a mess. 2nd in line to the throne.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
whats your gripe?
No Gripe .. If he was a nanny or a baby sitter,, just a bit unstable to be 3rd in line imho.. Hell No !!!!! another tough guy shows his true colors ..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
Raven

men who cry
outlive men that don't
Old 12-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
No Gripe .. If he was a nanny or a baby sitter,, just a bit unstable to be 3rd in line imho.. Hell No !!!!! another tough guy shows his true colors ..
unstable? I think he just gets how imporant the decisions that are made really are.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Redsoxticket

Reminds be of the geico commercial.

Tissue, crybaby.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
fishbones

This is pretty funny. I guess you guys probably think it's ok for the VP to get all choked up when he talks about his family, though.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
The guy is a mess. 2nd in line to the throne.
Quote:
What's the big deal? At least the guy has passion for what he believes in. Still not as bad a Roenick crying as a commentator after the Blackhawks won the Cup though…

Desert Storm hero 4 Star General Norman Schwarzkopf once said, "I don't trust a man who doesn't cry."

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 12-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
mekcotuit

too many hours on the tanning bed has cooked his brain

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
Old 12-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #14
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Some things hit home .. everyone is emotional at times ,, but 3 times in a cushy tv interview ? (not exactly hard hitting ) ,, Comics are chomping at the bit ,, material is being written ,, SNL the skits are coming . You know it ..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #15
Piscator

Sorry to hyjack for a minute. This is a serious qustion and I honestly can not remember:

Does anyone ever remember if Clinton cried talking about getting his socks blown off and sticking that cigar up the interns skirt in the oval office?

I know I would have!

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 12-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #16
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
What's the big deal? At least the guy has passion for what he believes in.
and you'd feel the same if Nancy Pelosi was falling to pieces all the time .. sorry ,, somethings wrong there ,, time will tell ..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Sorry to hyjack for a minute. This is a serious qustion and I honestly can not remember:

Does anyone ever remember if Clinton cried talking about getting his socks blown off and sticking that cigar up the interns skirt in the oval office?

I know I would have!
no, but he did fake crying when he was spotted y#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g (that's weird, I wrote "y" duck ...ing...it up... and got bleeped, tough regulator) it up at Ron Brown's funeral, as soon as he realized he was on camera he quickly began sobbing.....Bubba could really turn on the crocodile tears, I guess if you bite your lip hard enough it makes you cry....
Old 12-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
Piscator

Quote:
and you'd feel the same if Nancy Pelosi was falling to pieces all the time .. sorry ,, somethings wrong there ,, time will tell ..
Is Nancy Pelosi a chick or a dude? I guess you have to be human to show emotion.............

Tagger, all joking aside, you are right on the "time will tell" comment. Not saying this guy is great but we will see in time. I don't think him being overly emotional automatically counts him out.

Also, if I felt Pelosi actually did a good job and showed an emotional side once in a while, I really wouldn't care. Just as I didn't care when General H. Norman Schwarzkopf got emotional (and he did it multiple times) during and after leading his troops. I know it's a little different comparison but it does put it in perspective

Old 12-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
time has already told. The guy made more money in his own business that you'll ever make in your lifetime. Gave it up to be a politician.
Pelosi? Has she ever worked in her life?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #20
Duke41
got gas?

She has worked the room, if you get my drift.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:

I know I would have!
Who cares ,,, The economy was great and everyone was working ...anceint history ...

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
Piscator

I care, that's why I asked the question.

You seem to like to speak for others........maybe you should speak for yourself.....

Old 12-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #23
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
The guy made more money in his own business that you'll ever make in your lifetime.
true ,, but I bet I'm richer than him .. I'm not buying any of it .. His largest backer is the Tobbaco industry .. (legal but sleezy),,Has been busted handing out bribe checks on the house floor. Plays more golf than Tiger Woods. Will meet on common ground but won't comprimise. To me that's talking out both sides of your mouth . Sorry Piscator ,, didn't mean to talk for anyone eles.. I could be wrong but I don't believe this guy gives 2 poops about me and my lot ..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #24
Piscator

Quote:
Sorry Piscator ,, didn't mean to talk for anyone eles.. I could be wrong but I don't believe this guy gives 2 poops about me and my lot ..
No problem at all Tagger. All in good fun.

I do hope you are wrong, but time will tell, that's for sure. Unfortunately, Politics (like most big business) is a dirty game. I think everyone on all sides agrees that just because it “is what it is”, doesn’t make it right. Both sides need to wake up and change. It seems the biggest war chest wins the election and that chest is filled by entities looking for something in return that benefits themselves (self interest). How can it be stopped, I hope there is a way?

Old 12-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Here comes the mental disorder known as liberalism!

John Boehner gets choked up thinking about his journey, and he's unfit for the office. Suddenly to liberals, sentimentality is a flaw.

Nancy Pelosi tells 85 different stories about what she knew about waterboarding, and that goes unchallenged.

You libs are unbelievable. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, and you have no shame.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #26
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Used to read your posts because some of them were filled with good information. Now, I just scroll right past them because each one is chock-full of pathetic, childish statements like above.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Used to read your posts because some of them were filled with good information. Now, I just scroll right past them because each one is chock-full of pathetic, childish statements like above.
Honeslty JD, you dont agree with Jim's post? You dont see the hypocracy? Palin, Boehner, if they were libs they would be celebrated celebraties. I guarantee the View would be discussing how refreshing it is to see a man express his feelings. He does the exact opposite of a mean, heartless conservative and he gets $hit from the left!
Pelosi responded to Boehners election night tears and said she only cries when someone she knows dies, she said she doenst cry for politics. Really? Politics? Nancy doesnt cry when she hears the Star Spangled Banner? When she sees a flag covered coffin? When she in Washingotn every day she doesnt look around at the splendor of this country and her role in governing it and Doenst get teary eyed? You know why? Beacuse Nancy married into millions. She never sacrificed, never suffered, never looked around and knew what it takes to make it. If you've never lost, you can never appreciate winning.
WTF. Liberalism as a Mental Disorder. Im sorry but that about sums it up.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #28
scottw

... when liberal candidates and elected officials show emotions/empathy the libs just GUSH about how "compassionate" their particular hero is...it's this way with everything subjected to the liberal mind...these qualities are worthy of praise... unless of course they are exhibited by republicans or conservatives and then they must be destroyed for displaying the same, regardless of the obvious double standards because they threaten the mentally disordered liberal world view....pretty hilarious...if Boehner were a democrap, the same people would be on their knees praising him for having extraordinary qualities and honest emotions....
Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #29
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Pelosi responded to Boehners election night tears and said she only cries when someone she knows dies
WTF.
Botox has frozen her tear ducts.

this is such a non-issue. I could care if he cries every morning. Lets see how he does for the next two years.
Quote:
Liberalism as a Mental Disorder. Im sorry but that about sums it up.
Yup. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Jim in CT is secretly Michael Savage online.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #30
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

You libs are unbelievable. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, and you have no shame.
Death penalty and guns for everyone please .. You Ass u me. While on the subject of John Boehner,, geeez he moved to Washington 20 yrs. ago and his wife stayed in Ohio . What's up with that ???

(dob 4-21-07)