Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 03-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #31
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Even if a lot of you guys aren't attending and spending money, sales were up quite a bit for everyone I spoke with. This has been a pattern at all of the shows of which I have attended so far this year. From fishing line to lures to boats, people are buying heavily this year. Last year most vendors were complaining that they didn't make a dime, this year they were selling out of stock on day 1.

My buddy was working the Tsunami booth and he said 99% of the people who he spoke to either wanted a rod for the Canal or their new kayak (some for both... )

All in all I thought it was a very good show and thanks to everyone who stopped by to BS on Friday or Saturday.

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #32
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlapinski View Post
My buddy was working the Tsunami booth and he said 99% of the people who he spoke to either wanted a rod for the Canal or their new kayak (some for both... )
fishing there this year will be so pleasant, I'm sure it won't be crowded at all.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:44 PM   #33
t.orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by albythereforyou View Post
I have never been until this year, I was booth 432-431, Abe Pieciak and I combined our booths to setup a massive northeast art display...

I had a great time, met so many good people, and actually sold some stuff! I gave some guys a really good deal on some originals, and they both came back and gave me gifts! little did I know who the guys were, I was just being nice.... sometimes the universe rewards you...sometimes... I can't wait to fish them both! I'm gonna try to trade my way onto a tuna trip, and throw this thing at em!

the old penn just screams 50 lber mojo!

Attachment 65021

Attachment 65018

Attachment 65019

Attachment 65020
Shut.....didn't know you were on here....Thank you so much for the piece. Girlfriend and I love it. You two had quite the booth......TonyO
t.orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #34
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by albythereforyou View Post
I have never been until this year, I was booth 432-431, Abe Pieciak and I combined our booths to setup a massive northeast art display...

I had a great time, met so many good people, and actually sold some stuff! I gave some guys a really good deal on some originals, and they both came back and gave me gifts! little did I know who the guys were, I was just being nice.... sometimes the universe rewards you...sometimes... I can't wait to fish them both! I'm gonna try to trade my way onto a tuna trip, and throw this thing at em!

the old penn just screams 50 lber mojo!

Attachment 65021

Attachment 65018

Attachment 65019

Attachment 65020
Looked but didn't stop,,, now wish I had...
Give a heads up next year....
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #35
MAKAI
Too old to give a....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
fishing there this year will be so pleasant, I'm sure it won't be crowded at all.
It’ll be like fishing in a phone booth.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

May fortune favor the foolish....
MAKAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:52 AM   #36
albythereforyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando View Post
Shut.....didn't know you were on here....Thank you so much for the piece. Girlfriend and I love it. You two had quite the booth......TonyO
It was great to meet you Tony! I'll be up in the cape most of the summer, we gotta fish!

I think next year I'm going to do Risaa again and try to do both edison NJ shows. I'll have to bribe Abe to get him off the island that many times in one year....
albythereforyou is offline   Reply With Quote