Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-29-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Stung again and again and again

I work at the GC and never get stung. I work on my land and BAM!!!! Yellow jacket nests in the ground. This one was good for a 1/2 dozen.
Brush machine is still down in the woods. Fortunately I turned the key off before I ran. I'll get it before dawn tomorrow AM.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
BFThunter

I got it a couple weeks ago from a bald face nest that I didn't notice. Never seen one 6" off the ground before. Dropped my tools and ran like a maniac, wound up only getting stung 4 times but MAN do they hurt.
BFThunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #3
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFThunter View Post
I got it a couple weeks ago from a bald face nest that I didn't notice. Never seen one 6" off the ground before. Dropped my tools and ran like a maniac, wound up only getting stung 4 times but MAN do they hurt.
Yes, much worse than the YJs. I hit a nest 1 foot off the ground 2 years ago. Hurt for 3 days.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #4
spence

Get some of the 7 dust, drop it in the hole with a cup on a pole.

Last edited by spence; 08-29-2019 at 06:31 PM..
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
redlite

Man I been pounding nails for almost 10 yrs now and never been stung till last week. Pulled a rake board and whamooed. Came off a 12 ft ladder to the ground in a hurry. Boss thought it was funny. Gave me a 9.5 as I stuck the landing but he had to demerit me for wavin my arms. Almost ate it again yesterday. 2 in a week. WTF. Time for an office job
Buddy wacked one in the ground the other day and got stuck almost 60 times. Almost apologetic shock.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:52 AM   #6
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Get some of the 7 dust, drop it in the hole with a cup on a pole.
Never thought of that Jeff. problem is, you don't see the nest until it's too late.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:09 AM   #7
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
Man I been pounding nails for almost 10 yrs now and never been stung till last week. Pulled a rake board and whamooed. Came off a 12 ft ladder to the ground in a hurry. Boss thought it was funny. Gave me a 9.5 as I stuck the landing but he had to demerit me for wavin my arms. Almost ate it again yesterday. 2 in a week. WTF. Time for an office job
Buddy wacked one in the ground the other day and got stuck almost 60 times. Almost apologetic shock.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Worked for years on pump staging with my brother, who goes about 250# and has a reputation as a brawler, afraid of no man, but a couple of bees sends him into a panic. he moves to avoid a bee/hornet and the staging sways and planks bounce up and down....I tell him " falling off this #^&#^&#^&#^&in staging is gonna hurt alot more than a freikin bee sting" calm the #^&#^&#^&#^& down". Now if you're allergic to stings like my son who has to carry a pen to inject himself, it can be very serious.
Mike: it would be a big adjustment to go to an office job now after working outside and on site. I tried it and I was miserable. Too confining, no change of scenery, more rules...no fresh air...it sucked.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-31-2019 at 06:20 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote