Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #181
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Issa introduced new Whistleblower protection legislation in November 2011. Retaliating against whistleblowers is a crime.

Just what are Floridaman and his Trumplicans doing to this whistleblower?
Retaliation as defined by the whistleblower legislation is some kind of personnel punishment by the employer such as being transferred, denied a raise, have your hours reduced, be fired, blacklisted, demoted, transferred to a less desirable job, failing to rehire, denying benefits or any other act that would be seen as punishment.

Trumplicans have no ability to administer personnel punishment on the whistleblower. The Floridaman is not making a retaliatory personnel punishment.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #182
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it’s not all equal, but even non-trump corruption is worth looking at, at least to most people.

WDMSO, they were chanting “impeach the morherf*cker” from day one. i’m not saying he’s innocent, but i’m saying they are never going to stop digging, whether there’s reasonable cause or not.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That may so . But what has he done . These things aren't made up they actually happened. Hes done it to himself
Old 11-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #183
wdmso

Quote:
right. potential corruption behind efforts to un-do a fair presidential election, nothing to see there.
More conspiracy theories.

Next phase from Republicans it was quid pro quo. But not an impeachable offense.. as if theres an actual list
Old 11-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #184
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Talking point it’s all the evil dems have thought about, undoing an election, couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the criminal impeachable behavior by our president. It’s just more of the same, here, on Fox aka Trump news and in any interviews of GOP senators. It’s like they all have a weekly briefing so the talking points are echoed by all. No point in debating at this point EVERY single supporter of Trump on this site is an echo chamber and they of course are entitled to their opinions, but everyone on the other side of the issues are pretty convinced of the wrong doing. I’ve chimed in less as I see this as just a merry go round making everyone dizzy, it’s just going round and round.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More conspiracy theories.

Next phase from Republicans it was quid pro quo. But not an impeachable offense.. as if theres an actual list
quid pro quo, that’s not what biden did though. withholding aid until
ukraine did what he wanted. that’s not quit pro quo? have fun.

conspiracy theory? amazing you know that, yet neither Durham nor the IG have released a single detail yet. so how do you know it’s an unfounded, baseless theory?

answer- all you care about is politics. facts o key matter when they serve your agenda.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:44 PM   #186
Pete F.
Canceled

So after today’s reveals and tonights results do the Republican Senators feel safe in Trumptown or are they starting to think they should get out before it really becomes a suicide pact.
Tomorrow Floridaman will start throwing more people under the bus.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #187
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Talking point it’s all the evil dems have thought about, undoing an election, couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the criminal impeachable behavior by our president. It’s just more of the same, here, on Fox aka Trump news and in any interviews of GOP senators. It’s like they all have a weekly briefing so the talking points are echoed by all. No point in debating at this point EVERY single supporter of Trump on this site is an echo chamber and they of course are entitled to their opinions, but everyone on the other side of the issues are pretty convinced of the wrong doing. I’ve chimed in less as I see this as just a merry go round making everyone dizzy, it’s just going round and round.
this is hilarious
Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #188
wdmso

Quote:
quid pro quo, that’s not what biden did though. withholding aid until
ukraine did what he wanted. that’s not quit pro quo? have fun.

conspiracy theory? amazing you know that, yet neither Durham nor the IG have released a single detail yet. so how do you know it’s an unfounded, baseless theory?

answer- all you care about is politics. facts o key matter when they serve your agenda.
Why do keep posting lies and revisionist history... on what biden did and why and who sanctioned it.( but a no appointed or elected lawyer doing Trumps bidding is ok with you. What an odd sense of right and wrong...is its all about reversing the election...or removing an unfit POTUS

So the attempt to impeach Clinton was which . Removing an unfit Potus or reversing an election

You speak about moving the goal post maybe you should ask trump supporters. To stop changing their stories [goalpost]
Old 11-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #189
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is hilarious
Keep the echo chamber up, hey Trump predicted how you'd behave long before now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1637.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	66655  
Old 11-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #190
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why do keep posting lies and revisionist history... on what biden did and why and who sanctioned it.( but a no appointed or elected lawyer doing Trumps bidding is ok with you. What an odd sense of right and wrong...is its all about reversing the election...or removing an unfit POTUS

So the attempt to impeach Clinton was which . Removing an unfit Potus or reversing an election

You speak about moving the goal post maybe you should ask trump supporters. To stop changing their stories [goalpost]
What lie, specifically, am I telling, with the examples I cite? Please be specific. It's very easy to do lobe baseless insults. How about backing it up?

"but a no appointed or elected lawyer doing Trumps bidding is ok with you"

Ummm, it's pretty common for the executive branch to make policy decisions that are carried out be people not elected. Rahm Emmanuel never carried out orders for Obama when he was chief of staff? What are you even saying? That presidents can only delegate work to people who are elected?

"So the attempt to impeach Clinton was which '

He lied under oath, there is no question, we have DNA evidence. The bar association, probably the sleaziest group of pep[le you can ever find, decided he was too dirty to be a member, and he was disbarred.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:27 PM   #191
Jim in CT

Quote:
couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the criminal impeachable behavior by our president. .
Again, when they were saying "impeach the mother*cker" before his first day, a rational person would conclude they made their minds up first, then never stopped digging until they found something to hang their red hats on. That's not how it's supposed to work. STill doesn't mean their claims can't be valid, but at a minimum, standards have been changed, as democrats have done similar things and no one called them out on it, let alone suggested impeachment.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #192
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Dig, what are you smoking, nobody needed to dig; Trump’s corruption is always in plain sight.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #193
Pete F.
Canceled

This afternoon Colludy is claiming he was working as Floridamans defense lawyer, a short while ago he was working at the behest of the State Department.
“The investigation I conducted concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption, was done solely as a defense attorney to defend my client against false charges, that kept changing as one after another were disproven.”
So thanks for admitting it was all for 45's personal gain and had nothing to do with the best interests of the United States.
He’s being represented by Costello. Costello is the lawyer who emailed Michael Cohen saying, “Sleep well tonight, you have friends in high places.”
He’s f’d
Old 11-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #194
scottw

Quote:

Keep the echo chamber up,
did someone else from the echo chamber say "this is hilarious"?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #195
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What is not so funny, is Moscow Mitch proclaiming if the trial gets to the senate, Trump will not be removed. So the judge is also the jury, no fair trail or look at the evidence. Between the public testimony and the Stone trial and Rudy’s trouble, Trump must not be getting any sleep.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #196
Sea Dangles

Trump has the local flakes acting like hamsters on a wheel. Great entertainment by the 3 stooges.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:48 PM   #197
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Trump has the local flakes acting like hamsters on a wheel. Great entertainment by the 3 stooges.
I also found Meadows, Jordan and Nunes quite comical, Graham has had a few slapstick walkons too

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-07-2019, 07:45 AM   #198
PaulS

Rudy Haha

Time to get a new lawyer when he constantly gets you in trouble instead of getting you out of trouble.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #199
wdmso

Quote:
What lie, specifically, am I telling, with the examples I cite? Please be specific. It's very easy to do lobe baseless insults. How about backing it up?

"but a no appointed or elected lawyer doing Trumps bidding is ok with you"

Ummm, it's pretty common for the executive branch to make policy decisions that are carried out be people not elected. Rahm Emmanuel never carried out orders for Obama when he was chief of staff? What are you even saying? That presidents can only delegate work to people who are elected?

"So the attempt to impeach Clinton was which '

He lied under oath, there is no question, we have DNA evidence. The bar association, probably the sleaziest group of pep[le you can ever find, decided he was too dirty to be a member, and he was disbarred.
No answer

A unfit to be Potus

B undo an election

Its not that hard
Old 11-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #200
Pete F.
Canceled

1) The new defense of Trump from Trumplicans is a joke.

Their claim now is that, yes, there may have been a quid pro quo, but you can't show Trump himself was behind it.

But the already known facts show this is steaming nonsense.

2) Go step by step.

Trump himself personally ordered the military aid frozen.

White House officials were ordered not to share details about it with lawmakers.

3) Giuliani publicly confirmed the whole plot as early as May, and continued to do so for months.

Here's an important quote from Giuliani:

“I don’t do anything that involves my client without speaking with my client.”

4) Pence himself directly delivered the message to Zelensky about the withheld military aid.

He said Zelensky needed to do more about "corruption."

But prior texts show that Ukraine had already been told the statement had to target Crowdstrike/Biden.

5) After all this, Trump's spinners are actually trying to argue that Sondland freelanced the extortion piece of the plot on his own.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #201
Sea Dangles

Thanks for the update,this is very important news to some.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:31 AM   #202
Pete F.
Canceled

Wait. If the reason not to impeach Trump is because Ukraine got the aid and Trump didn’t get his investigation, then why is Barr investigating the origins of the Russia investigation. Obviously it didn't prevent Trump from being elected and didn't succeed in removing him from office. No harm, no foul.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #203
Sea Dangles

🧐
Old 11-09-2019, 09:30 AM   #204
wdmso

The whistleblower is a disgrace to our country... and the whistleblower because of that should be revealed,"

And his lawyer who said the worst things possible two years ago, he should be sued, and maybe for treason."

Just another example of what happens when you don't bend the knee..
Old 11-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #205
detbuch

Quote:
The whistleblower is a disgrace to our country... and the whistleblower because of that should be revealed,"

And his lawyer who said the worst things possible two years ago, he should be sued, and maybe for treason."

Why is what Trump said (which was a response) somehow worse (or even inaccurate) than what the lawyer said? Wasn't what the lawyer said treasonous? Do you know what the lawyer said?
Old 11-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #206
scottw

Quote:

stop calling him a whistleblower...he's a deep state partisan hack and obama, biden, brennan lackey...about as legit as balsey ford
Old 11-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #207
detbuch

Quote:
stop calling him a whistleblower...he's a deep state partisan hack and obama, biden, brennan lackey...about as legit as balsey ford
And this: https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...02d7fd625046d4
Old 11-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #208
spence

Quote:
Desperation looks good on you.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #209
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Desperation looks good on you.
I'm thoroughly enjoying this
Old 11-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #210
PaulS

This process should not be behind closed doors. It should be out in the open.