Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

And then there was Roger, Stone that is

The Eastern Front reopens with the DOJ in the lead.

Prosecutors have revealed new information about how Trump tried to benefit from the Russian operation during the 2016 campaign that hacked the Democratic National Committee’s servers. And they are producing material undercutting Trump’s claim to Mueller that he has no recollection of talking to Stone during the campaign about WikiLeaks. This information also presents a new wrinkle in the Trump-Russia scandal: Trump might have thought in 2016 that his campaign, in effect, was colluding with WikiLeaks. That’s because the campaign was communicating with Stone about WikiLeaks’ plans and intentions and campaign officials (and perhaps Trump) believed Stone was in contact with WikiLeaks.

“The evidence in this case will show that Roger Stone lied to the House Intelligence Committee because the truth looked bad,” lead prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky said in his opening statement on Wednesday. “The truth looked bad for the Trump campaign and the truth looked bad for Donald Trump.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump denied in writing and under oath to Mueller of not having any recollection of ever discussing WikiLeaks with Stone or being aware of Stone discussing WikiLeaks with the campaign.

Today Gates testified he was in the car with Trump when Trump talked to Stone about it.

They were discussing STOLEN material from the DNC.

I don't remember is not an absolute defense, sort of like absolute immunity is not a thing.

It is not a valid defense if it can be reasonably proven to be a lie.
For example, say I drink coffee from sun-up to sun-down. A claim that I had "no recollection" of drinking coffee would be perjury.
I can't recall ever having decaf though. Someone proving I did (one time 40 years ago) would not be perjury.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

🙄🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

He'd probably claim he never eats cheeseburgers, too

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

And you will accuse him of being the reason some people eat them. You will be chasing his tail for 5 more years and you know it.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Everybody needs a hobby.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Roger Stone rests and calls no witnesses. Closing arguments tomorrow at 1pm.

Will Roger be convicted or flip at the last minute

If convicted will he be pardoned
Old 11-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #8
Sea Dangles

👍🏿🍔
Old 11-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Roger Stone guilty on all counts in federal trial of lying to Congress, witness tampering

Gordon Sondland will think about Roger Stone.

Sondland's first crack at testifying has been contradicted by almost every other witness and emerging fact. He gets another crack in public next Wednesday.

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-15-2019 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: Add

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #10
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Roger Stone guilty on all counts in federal trial of lying to Congress, witness tampering

Gordon Sondland will think about Roger Stone.

Sondland's first crack at testifying has been contradicted by almost every other witness and emerging fact. He gets another crack in public next Wednesday.

And Taylor's and others were decimated by Morrison's closed door testimony . . . Which is why that testimony remains locked in Schiff's safe so anything in it is sealed and off limits when Morrison testifies in public next week. We might find out who his favorite NFL player is and what brand of coffee he prefers . . . But please, prattle on!

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

When a con surrounds himself with other cons, eventually it’s time to break out the orange jump suits, I’m loosing count the numbers keep climbing. Who is next, Rudy might be the next target and Trump might not want him to get too close to federal prosecutors.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Paul Manafort
Michael Cohen
Rick Gates
Michael Flynn
George Papadopoulos
Roger Stone

Ponder this: How many of YOUR friends and business associates have been convicted?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
And Taylor's and others were decimated by Morrison's closed door testimony . . . Which is why that testimony remains locked in Schiff's safe so anything in it is sealed and off limits when Morrison testifies in public next week. We might find out who his favorite NFL player is and what brand of coffee he prefers . . . But please, prattle on!
You mean the guy Tim Morrison, who testified behind closed doors a day after he announced plans to resign as Trump’s top advisor for Russian and European affairs, was the second official to say he went to authorities after he heard Trump ask Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, for a favor

A former Republican staffer on Capitol Hill and the first White House stffer Morrison largely echoed the testimony of Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman,

Or because he thinks the call was not illegal. Is your slam dunk..?

He or any other witnesses job is not to determine crime or no crime was committed...