Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 10-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
FishermanTim

clapping is out, jazz hands are in???

University of Manchester (UK) has voted to stop clapping and instead, do "jazz hands".

The change is to help calm those whose anxiety may be triggered by the loud noise of clapping. It also may cause an issue for those with sensory sensitivity and those with hearing aids.

Now I'm quite sure that performers and award recipients would rather see a sea of "jazz hands" than hear a thunderous applause, right?

If you're anxiety is triggered by load noise, how about wearing ear plugs? Hearing aids DO have a volume control, right?

Wonder how much time and energy was wasted deciding this?
Time that would have been better used in classroom teaching, RIGHT?

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:05 AM   #2
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
University of Manchester (UK) has voted to stop clapping and instead, do "jazz hands".

The change is to help calm those whose anxiety may be triggered by the loud noise of clapping. It also may cause an issue for those with sensory sensitivity and those with hearing aids.

Now I'm quite sure that performers and award recipients would rather see a sea of "jazz hands" than hear a thunderous applause, right?

If you're anxiety is triggered by load noise, how about wearing ear plugs? Hearing aids DO have a volume control, right?

Wonder how much time and energy was wasted deciding this?
Time that would have been better used in classroom teaching, RIGHT?
Just cannot make this shi t up.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
spence

I've got so many great memories from BI, climbing up the dunes from the surf with a rising sun behind me, and at the top is Piemma smiling, rod tucked in armpit and working those jazz hands.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote