Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So where was the outrage when Senate democrats asked Ukraine to investigate Trump and Manafort? That letter has been widely circulated in public, and not once did I hear anyone on the left criticize the senate democrats for asking another country for help, that they should have gone to the Justice Dept.
Did you read the letter?

Who did Mueller work for?

Here is the opening sentence: "We are writing to express great concern about reports that your office has taken steps to impede cooperation with the investigation of United States Special counsel Robert Mueller."

That is the difference between an aboveboard investigation and Floridaman's backchannel baloney.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Did you read the letter?

Who did Mueller work for?

Here is the opening sentence: "We are writing to express great concern about reports that your office has taken steps to impede cooperation with the investigation of United States Special counsel Robert Mueller."

That is the difference between an aboveboard investigation and Floridaman's backchannel baloney.
the difference, is whether or not you support the politician asking a foreign country for help.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #123
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the difference, is whether or not you support the politician asking a foreign country for help.

The difference is one abused his power to benefit himself, the others were assisting the Justice Department in an ongoing investigation.

As I have said before, if Floridaman had a anti corruption campaign, he would likely been able to investigate the Biden's involvement in Ukraine and no one would have been able to do a thing.
Floridaman found some lackeys to do his bidding who were actually pursuing corrupt opportunities in Ukraine and the USA.
There is still plenty of dirt to come out of the administration's horror show in Ukraine.
I feel bad for Zelensky who has been walking a wire trying to stay out of it while continuing to receive the support he has to have and keep his position as the leader of a government with an anti-corruption platform.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 11:25 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
The difference is one abused his power to benefit himself, the others were assisting the Justice Department in an ongoing investigation.

As I have said before, if Floridaman had a anti corruption campaign, he would likely been able to investigate the Biden's involvement in Ukraine and no one would have been able to do a thing.
Floridaman found some lackeys to do his bidding who were actually pursuing corrupt opportunities in Ukraine and the USA.
There is still plenty of dirt to come out of the administration's horror show in Ukraine.
I feel bad for Zelensky who has been walking a wire trying to stay out of it while continuing to receive the support he has to have and keep his position as the leader of a government with an anti-corruption platform.
i don’t see how you can conclude it was an abuse of power. Trump, if guilty, threatened to withhold
aid unless they did what he wanted. Biden did the same exact thing, bragging that he threatened to withhold aid.

This is an insane joke.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #125
Sea Dangles

Differing standards as usual.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #126
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i don’t see how you can conclude it was an abuse of power. Trump, if guilty, threatened to withhold
aid unless they did what he wanted. Biden did the same exact thing, bragging that he threatened to withhold aid.

This is an insane joke.
Floridaman asked for the announcement of an investigation.
Show any proof of more than that, not your thoughts or feelings, a document, witness or other.
Trump's clear pattern of behavior stays true to course all the time.

There is just as much evidence that Floridaman ordered the hit on the Iranian to placate Bolton as there is that any Biden committed a crime having anything to do with Ukraine.
My feelings say the Bolton tradeoff is true and I want it investigated.
So what............

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #127
Sea Dangles

Back to gibberish I guess.🙄
Old 01-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #128
scottw

every media/democrap bombshell blows up in their faces...it's pretty amusing
Old 01-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Mitt Romney just said he supports calling John Bolton as a witness for Trump’s removal trial: “I can't begin to tell you how John Bolton's testimony would ultimately play on a final decision but it's relevant. And therefore, I'd like to hear it.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #130
Pete F.
Canceled

It's kind of funny.

Lindsey Graham minced no words warning the Republican party that Trump would destroy them. And now that Trump is burning the GOP to the ground Lindsey is standing right there next to Trump handing him the gasoline and the matches.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 03:16 PM   #131
Sea Dangles

I sympathize with your distress PeteF.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #132
Pete F.
Canceled

Fox News' Chris Wallace on the Bolton news: "If you want a sense of how big the news is that we've heard in the past 12-14 hours, listen to the Trump supporters...spinning like crazy that it isn't big news and you get a sense that this is really an important development."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 04:22 PM   #133
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump will pull out every legal string he can if enough senators break ranks and vote for witnesses, the last thing he wants is Bolton testifying. But it was a perfect call and all about corruption and the world is flat don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #134
Pete F.
Canceled

“I don't know those gentlemen. I don't know them, I don't know about them, I don't know what they do... I don't know, maybe they were clients of Rudy. You'd have to ask Rudy. I just don't know.”

But there are tapes and photos and video

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #135
scottw

Yawn. I think you guys have really got him this time! For the thousandth time
Old 01-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Yawn. I think you guys have really got him this time! For the thousandth time
This is the smoking gun, this time!
Old 01-27-2020, 05:45 PM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's kind of funny.

Lindsey Graham minced no words warning the Republican party that Trump would destroy them. And now that Trump is burning the GOP to the ground Lindsey is standing right there next to Trump handing him the gasoline and the matches.
For Graham's entire career, his goal was to be the Democrats' favorite Republican. He always compromised with democrats, to the point that a lot of conservatives didn't like Graham. Do you know what changed him? Do you know what finally illumintd the truth to him? The Kavanaugh debacle.

Your side turned Graham into a staunch conservative attack dog. Limbaugh and Hannity used to make fun of Graham all day long for being liberal, now Graham is on Hannity almost every day. Just like you did a lot to get Trump elected, just like you're doing everything humanly possible (and many things heretofore not thought to be possible) to get him re-elected.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:45 PM   #138
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You guys can defend him like the rest of the boot licker senators, but you and they aren’t saying what they fear, that when all the evidence comes to light (it will with or without witnesses), Trumps base and votes in 2020 shrink to a point he likely won’t win another term.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #139
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You guys can defend him like the rest of the boot licker senators, but you and they aren’t saying what they fear, that when all the evidence comes to light (it will with or without witnesses), Trumps base and votes in 2020 shrink to a point he likely won’t win another term.
Double or nothing right now.$$$

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #140
scottw

great to see Schumer so excited that the unconfirmed, leaked, anonymous report in the NY Times confirms what he believes
Old 01-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #141
scottw

drinking game...let's add boot licker to the list
Old 01-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #142
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did you add in the votes from all the independents that are disgusted with how the democrats have acted the past 3 years. That Kavanaugh debacle was pretty effed up to those people who didn’t have a side.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-27-2020, 06:53 PM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
and democrats aren’t saying what they fear, that if there's another fair and open election in november, there’s a fair chance he wins re election, given the freaks running against him.

both sides want to win in november, no one denies that.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:46 PM   #144
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Funny stuff, fair election, is that why Trump bribed a foreign power to help him win in the next one. Good stuff��
Old 01-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #145
Jim in CT

Quote:
Funny stuff, fair election, is that why Trump bribed a foreign power to help him win in the next one. Good stuff��
how about the corona virus? you’re going to let him off the hook for that?

how does a foreign power rig an election, exactly? how do they have a bigger impact than the media?
Old 01-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #146
scottw

Quote:
he didn't
Old 01-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #147
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The denials are also funny��
Old 01-29-2020, 07:54 AM   #148
detbuch

Quote:
The denials are also funny��
They may be funny to you, but they are not denials, they are statement of fact. Ukraine received the money without having to do a quo to get it. Your notion that your imaginary crime was that what didn't actually happen was supposed to influence a future election is pure speculation which makes the entire fiction funny.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:07 AM   #149
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
They may be funny to you, but they are not denials, they are statement of fact. Ukraine received the money without having to do a quo to get it. Your notion that your imaginary crime was that what didn't actually happen was supposed to influence a future election is pure speculation which makes the entire fiction funny.
Good joke, funny stuff, Ukraine didn’t want to and luckily wasn’t forced to announce the investigation in order to get their aid and meeting, because Trump and his BS bribery plot got outed by the whistle blower. Just because it didn’t work and he was forced to release the aid, doesn’t absolve him of abusing his power and then obstruction of congress.

Go drink some more cool aid, your getting low on facts and an argument that holds water.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #150
PaulS

The only reason Ukr. got the $ was bc people found out about the scam.