Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Insurance Agents Are For......???

Got the truck back all fixed!! Looks great! Now I am trying to get the rental vehicle paid for as the other insurance company has denied the claim for it due to the fact that their insured has failed to call them back.......this is going over 2 months now!?!?!?! What does the fact that their insured has not called them back have to do with the price of eggs?!?!?!?!?! Now...isn't it the job of my insurance agent to do all this phone calling and crap in regards to getting the rental vehicle bill squared away????!!!!!! What the hell do we pay agents for if not to guide us through this crap instead of telling us what we should do and who we should call????!!!!!?!?!?!?!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Insurance companies %$%$%$%$in' blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

So....here is how it went down! The person that hit me never filed an accident report! So, because they never filed an accident report I, OF COURSE, am taking it up the a$$ for the rental fee!!!!! What a beautiful system they have! I was not even in the f'in truck when it got backed into!!!!!! Amazing....simply amazing! I knew deep down inside that in the end I was gonna wind up takin' it up the pooopa for something that was absolutely not my fault! What the hell do we pay insurance for!!!!!!!:fur y:

Old 08-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Raven

Angry we pay

zzz

Last edited by Raven; 08-27-2008 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: off topic
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Squid kids Dad

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Tell your agent you are going to file against the other party in small claims court for the rental, and that you are going to name him in the claim as well if he doesn't get the insurer to cover it and go after the other company on their own....

Now that's a run-on sentence!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Did your agent tell you that you could get a rental?
Do the police know that she did not file an accident report?or does that even matter

sounds like a big pain in the wazzoo
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
Nebe

Small claim's court.. seriously.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
gone fishin

Larry I feel for you. They hold all the cards. Keep the pressure on and write a letter to the insurance board with a copy to both companies involved. It can be e-mailed and it will bring results.

I agree - you shouldn't have to go through this mess.

low & slow 37
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

For all the time and trouble I would have to go through to get my $300.00 back....its just not worth it! Small claims court? I will wind up standing there alone in court wasting my time!!! They will never show! Just another shot in the tuccus for BigFish I guess......and I am not surprised one bit!!

Old 08-27-2008, 02:42 AM   #11
NIB

I would think you should have been sure the rental was taken care of before hand..

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:42 AM   #12
Grapenuts

bet the other guy didn't have rental insurance....all those little fine lines one needs to know when going for insurance.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
FishermanTim

Is the same incident where the guy didn't have his daughter on his policy and wanted "his guy" to do the repairs? If so, then small claims court would be a good bet. The unfortunate aspect is that should you win, it doesn't mean the other guy WILL pay up. If the idiot didn't file a claim for the accident, what makes you think he'd actually pay anything for that is his fault?
Just because he didn't file a report doesn't dismiss the fact that his car hit yours. Your insurance company should go to bat for you in this case, and your rental should be part of the claim, not a separate issue.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #14
Squid kids Dad

Larry,
Do you have rental on your policy? If so go thru your own company and then they will get reimbursed or subrigate against the other company which they will for body damage anyways..

Old 08-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #15
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

wait a minute. You didn't have rental but you went and got a rental and expect your insurance to pay for it? Did you get an ok/authorization from the other ins company?
Sounds to me like your going to be out unless you do file small claims and I will tell you right now your wasting your time. If they don't show you win by default, they get a notice to show cause, if they don't show then you have to take them to the mat Larry. Full on capius, have it served by a deputy, and try to do it so it's on a Friday afternoon. They can't do #^&#^&#^&#^& for the whole weekend because theres no judge til Monday. The only thing your ever going to get is heartache and the satisfaction you won. They don't have to pay you, they can tell the judge they can't afford more than $1 a week and you got to live by what the judge/magistrate says. Write everything down, keep VERY good docs and have fun.

I had a guy arrested about 10 years ago on a Friday and he did sit in jail for the weekend. Judge wasnt too happy but I got paid

If the $$$ involved is over a certain amount I'd bet dollars and donuts you can go to the police and complain she didn't file her accident report then she's is going to get in trouble with the registry...
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #16
BW from AZ

in small claims you can go for 3 times the cost. $300=$900. is that worth your time? file a greivence with the state insurance board. if they (the insuranc company has 3 open greivances with the state the assets are frozen (no pay checks etc.) till they are taken care of. that will get the ball rolling. an agent hand carried a check to my brother the same day he filed his greivance to get it off their state record.
BW from AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #17
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

good luck with going for triple damages....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW from AZ View Post
in small claims you can go for 3 times the cost. $300=$900. is that worth your time? file a greivence with the state insurance board. if they (the insuranc company has 3 open greivances with the state the assets are frozen (no pay checks etc.) till they are taken care of. that will get the ball rolling. an agent hand carried a check to my brother the same day he filed his greivance to get it off their state record.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #18
FishermanTim

Most cases where triple damages are awarded occur when the plaintiff has done everything by the books, and the defendent had delayed or ignored the plaintiff's (legal) request.

example: some time back my boss had issues with her landlord regarding water pipes and usage. She had requested he fix the leaky, noisy pipes. The landlord ignored her request for months. As far as renters' rights go, she was able to withhold her rent until he fixed the problem, and because she had followed all the rules and documented every step she took, she was able to file for treble damages. She won.

The worst that can happen will be that the judge will not award treble damages. In any case, I would make sure you have documented every step you have taken, to prove that you executed due diligence in trying to resolve the issue.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #19
Grapenuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
wait a minute. You didn't have rental but you went and got a rental and expect your insurance to pay for it? Did you get an ok/authorization from the other ins company?
Sounds to me like your going to be out unless you do file small claims and I will tell you right now your wasting your time. If they don't show you win by default, they get a notice to show cause, if they don't show then you have to take them to the mat Larry. Full on capius, have it served by a deputy, and try to do it so it's on a Friday afternoon. They can't do #^&#^&#^&#^& for the whole weekend because theres no judge til Monday. The only thing your ever going to get is heartache and the satisfaction you won. They don't have to pay you, they can tell the judge they can't afford more than $1 a week and you got to live by what the judge/magistrate says. Write everything down, keep VERY good docs and have fun.

I had a guy arrested about 10 years ago on a Friday and he did sit in jail for the weekend. Judge wasnt too happy but I got paid

If the $$$ involved is over a certain amount I'd bet dollars and donuts you can go to the police and complain she didn't file her accident report then she's is going to get in trouble with the registry...
I beleive anything $1000.00 an over has to be reported.....the body shop has to report this as well on Larry's truck if the repairs are the same $$ amount and over ...so any time he's looking to trade in it'll pop up on anyones computer as being hit/repaired.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:59 AM   #20
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Crash Reports

I hate it when they are referred to as an "accident report". Nothing occurs by accident at least rarely anyway. Filing a crash report or not filing is a registry action only. Local p.d.'s cannot set anything into action in this regard even though not filing is a state law. Some towns actually have a bylaw that states a crash report has to be filed for when damages are $100.00. But then again, if filing one could be considered incriminating thats something she has probably considered Larry. Or her father considered. Report her to the registry.

File a civil claim in small claims court. No way you wont win. You wont get treble damages though.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:59 PM   #21
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Frank...tell me something. If the damages to either vehicle are over $1,000.00 OR AN INJURY WAS SUSTAINED BOTH DRIVERS MUST FILL OUT AN ACCIDENT REPORT....CORRECT??? Well the other party has not as yet done so......so what can happen to them???

Old 08-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #22
Squid kids Dad

Larry..Again..Do you have rental on your insurance??/ I explained what to do..I have been in the business for 20 years...
There is no way your insurance company isnt going against the other company for reimbursement of damages, especially when you are not at faullt...They will pay your claim and then subrigate the damages to the other company for complete reimbursement

Last edited by Squid kids Dad; 08-31-2008 at 08:23 PM..

Old 08-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #23
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #24
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Frank...tell me something. If the damages to either vehicle are over $1,000.00 OR AN INJURY WAS SUSTAINED BOTH DRIVERS MUST FILL OUT AN ACCIDENT REPORT....CORRECT??? Well the other party has not as yet done so......so what can happen to them???

I believe they may have thier license suspended until the report is filed. Where no criminal charges are pending or will be against the girl she has no legal standing to say she wont file. She probably has someone telling her not to file because the RMV wont do anything to her. You can force that issue by calling the RMV and filing a formal complaint. I know an officer who was basically ruthless when it came to handing out tickets. He was told by his chief to layoff somewhat. When the officer refused the chief put him on the desk. The first night on the desk he took out all the crash reports and for everyone who didn't send in a report he sent them a citation, perfectly legal, if you read the law. However, he was further diciplined and all those citations he wrote went no where, and thats where I found out that local police have no authority over crash reports, only God (RMV).

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #25
Redsoxticket

My insurance agent directed me to make a third party claim. I called the other insurance co. and requested to file a third party claim for the rental. They needed a written estimation of damage and the time of repair from the shop so that they can allocated the money for the rental.
I don't believe your insurance agent is obligated to instruct you as to what to do as in my case, it just so happened that I lucked out.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote