Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-14-2019, 06:33 AM   #31
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Kind of like when an idiot said “we’re going to drain the swamp”.
Got it.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No, more like saying Mexico will pay for the wall.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Democratic voters over the last week, found O'Rourke's chances at the presidency stagnant and weak. The Texan had just three percent of the national vote

Lol gun guys using the guy with a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected to keep pushing the fantasies of their coming to take our guns.. how desperate can you be?
ok biden is the front runner, and he’s saying the same thing, confiscating “assault weapons”.

look, i’m pretty liberal on guns, im not even saying i disagree with them. but it’s a sign of how deranged the left is, that you guys are denying they’re talking about confiscation, when that’s exactly what they are saying.

you are denying what they are explicitly saying. it’s hilarious. tds has taken over...
Old 09-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #33
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ok biden is the front runner, and he’s saying the same thing, confiscating “assault weapons”.

look, i’m pretty liberal on guns, im not even saying i disagree with them. but it’s a sign of how deranged the left is, that you guys are denying they’re talking about confiscation, when that’s exactly what they are saying.

you are denying what they are explicitly saying. it’s hilarious. tds has taken over...

This isn't TDS, this is a willful lack of acknowledgement of what has been said and discussed. It is the bridge between nobody is going to confiscate your guns with a mandatory buyback or we'll kick your doors down.

This is like the bridge between secure borders with applications to immigrate legal aliens to undocumented workers to let's open the borders and give the undocumented free medical insurance and welfare.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
This isn't TDS, this is a willful lack of acknowledgement of what has been said and discussed. It is the bridge between nobody is going to confiscate your guns with a mandatory buyback or we'll kick your doors down.

This is like the bridge between secure borders with applications to immigrate legal aliens to undocumented workers to let's open the borders and give the undocumented free medical insurance and welfare.

it’s a mental disorder john. biden or beto day something, then they deny he said it. i posted a video, that wasn’t enough.

they can no longer exhibit any rationality unless it serves liberalism.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Your lost in this preoccupation with confiscation .. just because people think weapons of war assault weapons shouldn't be on our streets is so far from confiscation its funny.. but please keep using Bento as the poster child of they are comming for your Guns and whos the guy from Texas tweeting his Ar 15 is ready for Bento both using extreme outlandish comments and ideas for votes ..
Old 09-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your lost in this preoccupation with confiscation .. just because people think weapons of war assault weapons shouldn't be on our streets is so far from confiscation its funny.. but please keep using Bento as the poster child of they are comming for your Guns and whos the guy from Texas tweeting his Ar 15 is ready for Bento both using extreme outlandish comments and ideas for votes ..
try to follow here. biden says if he wins, he wants the feds to taken existing assault weapons
from citizens who have them.

how is that not the textbook definition of confiscation.

i’m not obsessed with confiscation. i am stupefied that you and spence
would deny that they are saying, what they explicitly said. the topic
doesn’t matter.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #37
spence

Quote:
Beto in an interview after said specifically nobody was going to be kicking doors down.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:24 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Beto in an interview after said specifically nobody was going to be kicking doors down.
so what? they don’t kick
my doors down to get any of the taxes they get from
me, it’s still confiscation.

what are you afraid will happen, exactly, if you admit it’s a form
of confiscation?
Old 09-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #39
JohnR

Quote:

They are not legally on the streets, some are illegally on the streets.

"Weapons of War Assault Weapons" or whatever you want to call them this week should have access removed from the unstable. Existing laws and checks should be enforced (clue, they are not). Access to felons need to be further curbed.

Quote:
Then how will he do it?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #40
scottw

probably gonna ride in on a skateboard and take em'
Old 09-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #41
wdmso

only with the any regulation leads to confiscation 2A crowd would they see a Combat Veteran 31 year correctional officer and licensed to carry holder in MA for expressing the believe assault weapons should not be owned by the general public.. and not towing NRA talking points is
considered a gun grabber .. and voted off the island

this is the logic , that causes the process to be addressed with out you Because if i already know the answer is NO .. why should anyone ask..
Old 09-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
They are not legally on the streets, some are illegally on the streets.

"Weapons of War Assault Weapons" or whatever you want to call them this week should have access removed from the unstable. Existing laws and checks should be enforced (clue, they are not). Access to felons need to be further curbed.

Then how will he do it?

love the dancing around of what an assault rifle is just playing the loop hole game

its not an assault weapon theres no bayonet lug
Old 09-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
only with the any regulation leads to confiscation 2A crowd would they see a Combat Veteran 31 year correctional officer and licensed to carry holder in MA for expressing the believe assault weapons should not be owned by the general public.. and not towing NRA talking points is

this is the logic , that causes the process to be addressed with out you Because if i already know the answer is NO .. why should anyone ask..
i might agree with you on the gun
issue. but don’t deny that beto and
biden are talking about confiscating the weapons out there.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #44
Sea Dangles

Quote:
love the dancing around of what an assault rifle is just playing the loop hole game

Q: What is an assault weapon?
A: Any item used to assault somebody.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-14-2019, 09:59 PM   #45
JohnR

Quote:

And with your vast knowledge you know that the AR15, with 223 5.56 is considered a sub capable hunting rifle, and is outlawed for hunting most but small game. From the military perspective 5.56 is not as dangerous as the 7.62 NATO. They expected if you injure one enemy with the 5.56 you take two of his buds to carry the wounded off, netting three less soldiers to fight. Except this didn't work because it was not wounding / killing enough of the enemy, with the result being that the M-16/M4 (and derivatives) is considered a sub optimal rifle for infantry.

Keep in mind that the military versions of the M4 have higher reliability parts, and have the ability to actually go full automatic - plus grenade launchers and such, like Short Barrelled Rifles (illegal in many states including New England). But you already know this.

So the Army is now looking at a 6.5/6.8 caliber in order to reach out a little further and actually hurt the enemy more.

You also surely know that of the tens of thousands of deaths per year are 99% crime / gang violence and suicide - both things that really need to be worked on, and not the 0.5% of deaths caused by "Weapons of War Assault Weapons" (your words). And that 0.5% of the problem, gun violence, is not what is focused on and properly addressed.

So when those that want to work on the gun issue are told by the other side "no, we're gonna mandatory buyback of legally owned rifles, cough, weapons of war, cough" from the millions of responsible, law abiding citizens of this country, we're lockstep in NRA talking points? GMAFB. Your argument is weak and does little to none to address actual Gun Violence and death. Your argument is a simple grab that penalizes lawful citizens and will do but a tiny bit to help anything but suppress the rights of those that responsibly own and possess firearms.

Again, keep ALL firearms out of the hands of people that should not have access to them, enforce the EXISTING laws that are on the books, get the guns doing the actual killing off the streets, and leave the legal people the fvck alone.

Quote:

See my comments above - your argument is crap and you know it.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
And with your vast knowledge you know that the AR15, with 223 5.56 is considered a sub capable hunting rifle, and is outlawed for hunting most but small game. From the military perspective 5.56 is not as dangerous as the 7.62 NATO. They expected if you injure one enemy with the 5.56 you take two of his buds to carry the wounded off, netting three less soldiers to fight. Except this didn't work because it was not wounding / killing enough of the enemy, with the result being that the M-16/M4 (and derivatives) is considered a sub optimal rifle for infantry.

Keep in mind that the military versions of the M4 have higher reliability parts, and have the ability to actually go full automatic - plus grenade launchers and such, like Short Barrelled Rifles (illegal in many states including New England). But you already know this.

So the Army is now looking at a 6.5/6.8 caliber in order to reach out a little further and actually hurt the enemy more.

You also surely know that of the tens of thousands of deaths per year are 99% crime / gang violence and suicide - both things that really need to be worked on, and not the 0.5% of deaths caused by "Weapons of War Assault Weapons" (your words). And that 0.5% of the problem, gun violence, is not what is focused on and properly addressed.

So when those that want to work on the gun issue are told by the other side "no, we're gonna mandatory buyback of legally owned rifles, cough, weapons of war, cough" from the millions of responsible, law abiding citizens of this country, we're lockstep in NRA talking points? GMAFB. Your argument is weak and does little to none to address actual Gun Violence and death. Your argument is a simple grab that penalizes lawful citizens and will do but a tiny bit to help anything but suppress the rights of those that responsibly own and possess firearms.

Again, keep ALL firearms out of the hands of people that should not have access to them, enforce the EXISTING laws that are on the books, get the guns doing the actual killing off the streets, and leave the legal people the fvck alone.

See my comments above - your argument is crap and you know it.
The only crap arugment I see is the word No. When it comes to gun any regulation ..

It takes 1 second to look at gun ads there not selling 5.56 weapons for varmint guns . There selling them so people can think their operators . With all the rail stuff associated .. I know plenty ..practicality is not the reason they own one nor is self defense..thats just the 1st reason when you say that looks like what we had in Iraq

No one says Legal gun owner cant possesse guns no matter how hard you insist thats the plan. There are just some weapons and we all know the types were talking about should not be in circulation .. whats out is out and i have zero illusions were going door to door to get them . But stopping the flow sounds good to me
Old 09-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #47
JohnR

Quote:
The only crap arugment I see is the word No. When it comes to gun any regulation ..

It takes 1 second to look at gun ads there not selling 5.56 weapons for varmint guns . There selling them so people can think their operators . With all the rail stuff associated .. I know plenty ..practicality is not the reason they own one nor is self defense..thats just the 1st reason when you say that looks like what we had in Iraq

No one says Legal gun owner cant possesse guns no matter how hard you insist thats the plan. There are just some weapons and we all know the types were talking about should not be in circulation .. whats out is out and i have zero illusions were going door to door to get them . But stopping the flow sounds good to me
I want to see people that should not have access to these weapons not gain access to them. But I am talking Firearms, period.

You and your leaders are willing to suppress my rights - I am not trying to suppress your rights.

We have laws on the books that are not enforced - enforce them.
We have school and gov officials that go and enable the circumvention of rules that would prevent things like this and then cast the blame elsewhere.

Those of us willing to discuss options are ground out and silenced by the people YOU follow.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #48
Nebe

It’s time for a new constitutional convention. Better yet how about a totally new government body. Throw them all out.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
Then how will he do it?
He believes (hopes) people will follow the law.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #50
Sea Dangles

The same folks who stomp their feet about alleged assault rifles don’t even give a frack about the Chicago shat show. Cherry pickers and feigned,selective outrage that suits their agenda.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
I want to see people that should not have access to these weapons not gain access to them. But I am talking Firearms, period.

You and your leaders are willing to suppress my rights - I am not trying to suppress your rights.

Those of us willing to discuss options are ground out and silenced by the people YOU follow.
The only people ground out and silenced are the avg gun owners .. by the NRA .. not anyone I follow. But nice try
Old 09-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #52
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The same folks who stomp their feet about alleged assault rifles don’t even give a frack about the Chicago shat show. Cherry pickers and feigned,selective outrage that suits their agenda.
Chicago is the most cherry picked for an agenda. Your correct ..but by guess who. .
Old 09-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #53
Nebe

Quote:
He believes (hopes) people will follow the law.
Kind of like thinking everyone will follow the law and NOT KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE?!? 😂😂😂
Old 09-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #54
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Different issues, different solutions.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #55
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Kind of like thinking everyone will follow the law and NOT KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE?!? 😂😂😂
We've been told the vast majority of assault weapon owners are law abiding citizens...yet now you want to turn them into criminals?
Old 09-15-2019, 03:33 PM   #56
scottw

Quote:
We've been told the vast majority of assault weapon owners are law abiding citizens...yet now you want to turn them into criminals?
seems that went right over your head...want a mulligan?
Old 09-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #57
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
seems that went right over your head...want a mulligan?
You don’t get it
Old 09-16-2019, 04:05 AM   #58
scottw

Quote:
You don’t get it
I get that you have no idea what you are talking about
Old 09-16-2019, 06:05 AM   #59
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Different issues, different solutions.
But where is the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& outrage?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN