Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Nobody is talking confiscation

Paraphrasing Wayne: Nobody is talking confiscation or your Second Amendment right

Also Paraphrasing Wayne: You better give up your "assault weapons of war" or they will be taken from you.

Beto: Hold My Kalejuice

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #2
PaulS

Didn't watch the debates but I think he has been saying that for a while.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
spence

He's not talking confiscation, simply expecting people to follow the future firearms laws.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Didn't watch the debates but I think he has been saying that for a while.
In 2018 he says If you own it, keep it. Continue to use it
2019 he says Hell yes, we are going to take your AR-15. And he has that written on a shirt he is selling for fundraising for the sheep to buy to support his twisted logic. Guns for me but not for thee. Walls for me but not for thee.
Our government works for us, not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He's not talking confiscation, simply expecting people to follow the future firearms laws.
Try to follow along Spence, he comes right out and says it and you say he is not talking confiscation They have been chipping away since the 30's and there seems to be no end in sight. He is a tyrant plain and simple.

Last edited by Slipknot; 09-13-2019 at 10:51 AM..

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:12 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Try to follow along Spence, he comes right out and says it and you say he is not talking confiscation They have been chipping away since the 30's and there seems to be no end in sight. He is a tyrant plain and simple.
I think he's simply saying to make them illegal and people will do the right thing and turn them in, perhaps a buyback program.

Personally I don't find that a very workable solution as the there are just too many assault weapons out there. Doesn't mean we shouldn't take action though. There are a lot of common sense mechanisms that can be taken to make it harder for assault weapons to be in the hands of bad people that have majority public support.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think he's simply saying to make them illegal and people will do the right thing and turn them in, perhaps a buyback program.

Personally I don't find that a very workable solution as the there are just too many assault weapons out there. Doesn't mean we shouldn't take action though. There are a lot of common sense mechanisms that can be taken to make it harder for assault weapons to be in the hands of bad people that have majority public support.
Take action? as in the thought police? 300 million people suspected of a precrime, brilliant. Not going to happen. Those AR-15's in the hands of law abiding responsible citizens purchased legally and used lawfully are no threat to anyone other than tyrants who choose to step on peoples' rights. They will be removed from office if they continue down their path.
I can think of a hundred other things that should be done and most of them will get just as much pushback, there is no easy answer. These idiots are just getting more people to buy guns before they can't. I hope they do use common sense to keep firearms(and so called assault weapons) from bad people.
It's funny when law enforcement uses an AR-15 the media calls it a rifle, but when a maniac uses one it is an assault weapon. They are inanimate objects that need a human being to pull a trigger in order to shoot a bullet at a high rate of speed at what it is aiming at. Statists are quick to blame an object and violate the Constitutional rights of others in their lazy attempt to solve a problem.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
in this video, about 2:00 in, Beto says “hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.”

but he’s not talking about confiscation.

i think my days here are drawing to a close, i used to actually learn things and enjoyed respectful debates. it’s not as available as it used to be, TDS has completely taken over. you’re being absolutely irrational.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/2307399001/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
in this video, about 2:00 in, Beto says “hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.”

but he’s not talking about confiscation.
Like I said, I believe he's talking about a buyback. Seems like polls consistently show ~60% favor an assault weapons ban. Not sure what's with the freak out aside from the NRA brainwashing people to believe they're going to be doing battle with the US Armed Forces in the near future.

Definitely some challenging issues to really remove most military style weapons considering how many there are but I'm sure a reasonable plan can be made. Wonder if the NRA's stranglehold on the GOP is weaker and could lead to progress.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Like I said, I believe he's talking about a buyback. Seems like polls consistently show ~60% favor an assault weapons ban. Not sure what's with the freak out aside from the NRA brainwashing people to believe they're going to be doing battle with the US Armed Forces in the near future.
Beto is an idiot and ^^^this is stupid...you and they don't even know what an assault weapon is

probably not battling with the military but with the way the american left is trending.... I'm glad I'm on the side that tends to collect firearms and stockpile ammunition
Old 09-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

Definitely some challenging issues to really remove most military style weapons considering how many there are but I'm sure a reasonable plan can be made. Wonder if the NRA's stranglehold on the GOP is weaker and could lead to progress.
when the buyback is
mandatory, please differentiate it from confiscation. when governments seize houses
via eminent domain, homeowners get paid. but their homes
are confiscated, taken by the government through force of law. can you talk sense for a nanosecond?

oh, polls decide what’s good
policy in your mind? show me polls
that show how many Americans favor abortion until the moment of
birth?
Old 09-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
when governments seize houses
via eminent domain, homeowners get paid. but their homes
are confiscated, taken by the government through force of law.
Why are you bringing Trump’s wall into this?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-14-2019, 03:58 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

when the buyback is
mandatory, please differentiate it from confiscation

he thinks he's pretty slick...
Old 09-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #13
Nebe

When you confiscate guns, only the criminals will have guns. Why don’t people get this? Any one planning on using them for ill gain sure as hell are not going to surrender them.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:36 PM   #14
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
When you confiscate guns, only the criminals will have guns. Why don’t people get this? Any one planning on using them for ill gain sure as hell are not going to surrender them.
because they are short sighted
no attention span
use emotions in their judgement and decision making
go along with the new shiny
mindless sheep
have no sense of self reliance
etc. etc.

There are enough people out there who rely on government and politicians are who they listen to , mostly because they have been indoctrinated.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:55 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
because they are short sighted
no attention span
use emotions in their judgement and decision making
go along with the new shiny
mindless sheep
have no sense of self reliance
etc. etc.

There are enough people out there who rely on government and politicians are who they listen to , mostly because they have been indoctrinated.
Yup. I agree
Old 09-13-2019, 02:59 PM   #16
wdmso

Please get back to me when he gets elected. Now even buying your guns is considered confiscation.. lol
And yes you'll losse your guns eventually because the only steps you took to keep them was redefining the Constitution.. and yelling confiscation..and that some how you have the right to own military weapons.. but Omg vaping and marketing towards children needs to be addressed .. before gun industry and gun lobby market guns to children ..
Old 09-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Stupid comment and he probably killed his chances. But stupid isn’t limited to that stage, as Trump complained the light bulbs we are being forced to us make him look orange.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Stupid comment and he probably killed his chances.

chances for what?
Old 09-13-2019, 05:49 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
chances for what?
Gee wiz what is he running for🤪
Old 09-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #20
JohnR

https://store.betoorourke.com/hell-y...womens-styles/

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Gee wiz what is he running for��
I love his resume...you couldn't make this up

After graduation, O'Rourke worked as a live-in caretaker and art mover before working for an Internet service provider run by his uncle. He later took a position at H. W. Wilson Company as a proofreader, and wrote short stories and songs in his free time.

O'Rourke returned to El Paso in 1998. At first, he was working with computers as an inventory tracker at his mother's upscale furniture store and living in an apartment building owned by his father. O'Rourke said he wanted to address "brain-drain", or the exodus of youth caused by lack of opportunity. In 2000, he co-founded Stanton Street Technology Group, an Internet services and software company. With O'Rourke himself unable to obtain a loan, his father took out a $20,000 loan on his behalf. The company's first client was O'Rourke's mother's furniture store.

Beto and Amy O'Rourke are estimated to have a net worth of $4 million, acquired as gifts from their well-to-do parents.

brain drain
Old 09-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I love his resume...you couldn't make this up

After graduation, O'Rourke worked as a live-in caretaker and art mover before working for an Internet service provider run by his uncle. He later took a position at H. W. Wilson Company as a proofreader, and wrote short stories and songs in his free time.

O'Rourke returned to El Paso in 1998. At first, he was working with computers as an inventory tracker at his mother's upscale furniture store and living in an apartment building owned by his father. O'Rourke said he wanted to address "brain-drain", or the exodus of youth caused by lack of opportunity. In 2000, he co-founded Stanton Street Technology Group, an Internet services and software company. With O'Rourke himself unable to obtain a loan, his father took out a $20,000 loan on his behalf. The company's first client was O'Rourke's mother's furniture store.

Beto and Amy O'Rourke are estimated to have a net worth of $4 million, acquired as gifts from their well-to-do parents.

brain drain
So he’s eminently qualified?
The Times concluded that Donald Trump "was a millionaire by age 8", and that he had received at least $413 million (adjusted for inflation) from his father's business empire over his lifetime. According to the Times, Trump borrowed at least $60 million from his father, and largely failed to reimburse him.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #23
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Please get back to me when he gets elected. Now even buying your guns is considered confiscation.. lol
And yes you'll losse your guns eventually because the only steps you took to keep them was redefining the Constitution.. and yelling confiscation..and that some how you have the right to own military weapons.. but Omg vaping and marketing towards children needs to be addressed .. before gun industry and gun lobby market guns to children ..

No, he is not saying he is going to give citizens the option to turn in firearms, he is saying he will go in and take them.

I don't own any military weapons. But go ahead and move the conversation to vaping.

BTW - I'll sell mine (price in 2018 dollars):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imd.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	66491  

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #24
wdmso

Democratic voters over the last week, found O'Rourke's chances at the presidency stagnant and weak. The Texan had just three percent of the national vote

Lol gun guys using the guy with a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected to keep pushing the fantasies of their coming to take our guns.. how desperate can you be?
Old 09-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Democratic voters over the last week, found O'Rourke's chances at the presidency stagnant and weak. The Texan had just three percent of the national vote

Lol gun guys using the guy with a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected to keep pushing the fantasies of their coming to take our guns.. how desperate can you be?
ok biden is the front runner, and he’s saying the same thing, confiscating “assault weapons”.

look, i’m pretty liberal on guns, im not even saying i disagree with them. but it’s a sign of how deranged the left is, that you guys are denying they’re talking about confiscation, when that’s exactly what they are saying.

you are denying what they are explicitly saying. it’s hilarious. tds has taken over...
Old 09-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #26
JohnR

Quote:
ok biden is the front runner, and he’s saying the same thing, confiscating “assault weapons”.

look, i’m pretty liberal on guns, im not even saying i disagree with them. but it’s a sign of how deranged the left is, that you guys are denying they’re talking about confiscation, when that’s exactly what they are saying.

you are denying what they are explicitly saying. it’s hilarious. tds has taken over...

This isn't TDS, this is a willful lack of acknowledgement of what has been said and discussed. It is the bridge between nobody is going to confiscate your guns with a mandatory buyback or we'll kick your doors down.

This is like the bridge between secure borders with applications to immigrate legal aliens to undocumented workers to let's open the borders and give the undocumented free medical insurance and welfare.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
This isn't TDS, this is a willful lack of acknowledgement of what has been said and discussed. It is the bridge between nobody is going to confiscate your guns with a mandatory buyback or we'll kick your doors down.

This is like the bridge between secure borders with applications to immigrate legal aliens to undocumented workers to let's open the borders and give the undocumented free medical insurance and welfare.

it’s a mental disorder john. biden or beto day something, then they deny he said it. i posted a video, that wasn’t enough.

they can no longer exhibit any rationality unless it serves liberalism.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Beto in an interview after said specifically nobody was going to be kicking doors down.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:24 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Beto in an interview after said specifically nobody was going to be kicking doors down.
so what? they don’t kick
my doors down to get any of the taxes they get from
me, it’s still confiscation.

what are you afraid will happen, exactly, if you admit it’s a form
of confiscation?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #30
wdmso

Quote:

Your lost in this preoccupation with confiscation .. just because people think weapons of war assault weapons shouldn't be on our streets is so far from confiscation its funny.. but please keep using Bento as the poster child of they are comming for your Guns and whos the guy from Texas tweeting his Ar 15 is ready for Bento both using extreme outlandish comments and ideas for votes ..