Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,066
GO GO RED SOX!!!

They are American League East Division 1ST place finishers AGAIN!!!
They clinched the division last night against the Yankees.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
Guppy
User
iTrader: (0)
 
Guppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 3,360
In NY no less, how sweet it is
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #3
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,066
Another baseball record was set this weekend.

Cleveland Indians are the first and ONLY team to have 4 starting pitchers reach 200 K's in a single season.

The playoffs are starting to look REAL interesting.....

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:42 AM   #4
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs
iTrader: (0)
 
afterhours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R.I.
Posts: 8,049
Fun team to watch...bullpen scares me to death.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,066
Last night's game had me wondering a little about the Astros's bullpen...

Got to love seeing a grand slam in the playoffs!!!

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
Raider Ronnie
www.blackhullcharters.com
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,102
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Last night's game had me wondering a little about the Astros's bullpen...

Got to love seeing a grand slam in the playoffs!!!


JBJ is a streaky hitter & hes on a nice streak now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
JBJ is a streaky hitter & hes on a nice streak now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah, and Kimbrel is on his own streak....
He always seems to be able to find a way to make a task more difficult than it should be (for him).

Thank goodness we have such an awesome outfield!

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #8
Cool Beans
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Cool Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 916
I hope Cora has a man to man with Price tonight, "Tonight is your night, David, 5 innings is all you, winning or losing, you are the man. You can choose your fate tonight and be the hero that gets us into the World Series or choke and eat 5 innings of 5h1tburgers, because I am not wasting my bullpen tonight."

The Red Sox have a terrible batting average against Verlander and unless he sucks tonight this game is a virtual no win game. Either it back fires and Price wins us into the World Series and we are stuck with him for the duration, or it goes like I would like and he sucks so bad and eats the biggest embarrassing 5h1tburger that he opts out and finds a new home.

I think we will win the series and go to the World Series, either Sale or Ivaldi will pull us though.

GO SOX (except for Price) LOL
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM   #9
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
I hope Cora has a man to man with Price tonight, "Tonight is your night, David, 5 innings is all you, winning or losing, you are the man. You can choose your fate tonight and be the hero that gets us into the World Series or choke and eat 5 innings of 5h1tburgers, because I am not wasting my bullpen tonight."

The Red Sox have a terrible batting average against Verlander and unless he sucks tonight this game is a virtual no win game. Either it back fires and Price wins us into the World Series and we are stuck with him for the duration, or it goes like I would like and he sucks so bad and eats the biggest embarrassing 5h1tburger that he opts out and finds a new home.

I think we will win the series and go to the World Series, either Sale or Ivaldi will pull us though.

GO SOX (except for Price) LOL
He kinda rocked it... thank god!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #10
Cool Beans
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Cool Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 916
Maybe Cora gave him a speech like mine. I still don't trust him pitching and have a hard time watching him without feeling impending doom, but yes he did an excellent job. For him, no matter if he plans to stay or opt out, this game was VERY important to his career.
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM   #11
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Maybe Cora gave him a speech like mine. I still don't trust him pitching and have a hard time watching him without feeling impending doom, but yes he did an excellent job. For him, no matter if he plans to stay or opt out, this game was VERY important to his career.
In the post game interview he (Price) was asked about his pitching in the bullpen on Wed night, and his comment was awesome, and indicative to why he was on his game last night.

He basically said that he noticed something in his delivery that wasn't quite right and corrected for it.

Now if Kimbrel could do the same thing.....

Price had a great night.
6 IP
9 K's
3 hits
NO WALKS!

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Maybe Cora gave him a speech like mine. I still don't trust him pitching and have a hard time watching him without feeling impending doom, but yes he did an excellent job. For him, no matter if he plans to stay or opt out, this game was VERY important to his career.
He is this years John Lackey, remember how he redeemed himself in 2013
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #13
Cool Beans
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Cool Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He is this years John Lackey, remember how he redeemed himself in 2013
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I hope so, watching the after game festivities, the rest of the team really likes him and he is well respected by them.
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #14
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 1,979
He was pretty emotional about it... seemed like a potential dam breaking moment for a guy with some serious emotional baggage. Ive razzed him a fair bit during his time with the Red Sox, but as a human, I can only imagine the kind of pressure hes under to shake such a tough stigma performance-wise.

What he did for us down the stretch keeping the rotation anchored while Sale was down was huge. Doing what he did last year during our early exit out of the bullpen was also huge.

Lets add another start to that list of huge and get this ring done with. This whole team (including Price) deserve it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com