Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
mackenzie

more lamiglass

This outfit may possibly have some issues. The rod -I think - is fiberglass. It was wrapped then rewrapped by Red Top. During the rewrap -black&gold- they told me there was a scratch on the blank that could possibly be a crack. They didn't think it was. I've looked it over and can't find it-may have been covered by wrap. Don't have blank # info-that may also be under wrap. It a pretty stout rod at 10'3" with fugi guides. I would say plug range from 2 or 3 oz. to 5 or 6.No reel seat with cork tape. Conventional. The reel is a Newell C235-5-no level wind. I tried to do some maintenance myself and cross threaded the the bearing cap on one side. Brought it to a shop for repair and it seemed to be OK but as I recall there may have been some "growling". Has not been used for some time. Fair warning. Looking for $75.00 complete. The following lami rods are "honey glass" from a few decades ago. 1. Approx. 8' spinning rod. Cork tape handle-no reel seat. The tip top and top 2 guides are fugi-the rest are chrome. A couple of wraps of the cork tape are loose. The reel is a Penn 450SS Don't have blank #'s or specs on any of these rods. 2. Basically the same as 1. but may be slightly lighter in action. The reel is a Penn 440SS. I can tell you that I used 12 lb. test and threw 1/2 to 1-1/4 plugs. looking for $45.00 each. 3. The same basic finish as the other two but this considerable heavier. Used as a meat stick. Has the action of the proverbial telephone pole. No reel. Looking for $25.00. 4. Lastly a 8' conventional. We called it a live lining rod. Have used it in the canal but not so great for casting if you're looking for distance. Mainly fished bait live or chunk from a boat. Has not been used much since rewrap. All fugi guides and tip-cork tape with double cork tape at reel. No reel seat. Reel is a Ambassadeur 7000-C3 level wind. Looking for $100.00 Selling as complete outfits. No shipping but may be able to deliver if economically feasible. Thanx for your consideration.
mackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
mackenzie

Also have a couple of older reels if anyone is interested. 1. Penn Suidder #140. Red side plates with metal spool. $25.00 shipped. 2. Penn Senator 3/0-black side plates. Needs a handle. $20.00 shipped. I think both are servicable but do need a good going over. Thanx again.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Wahooboy3000

Send a message via AIM to Wahooboy3000
If there's any way you would consider shipping I'll take #2 for $45 and the meat stick for $25.

Wahooboy3000@aol.com
Wahooboy3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
echoisland

what is the condition of the 450ss. and would you sell it separately?
echoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
xyzs

mac
pm me you address, i would like to take a look at what you have I'am local in 5 minutes i can be in weymouth ..............:
Jim
xyzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #6
freebie

what is the length on #3
freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #7
mackenzie

I think #3 is gone.Sorry. Been mainly going thru PM's. The Newell is gone. The rod #2 is gone. The reel #1 is gone. If anything falls thru I'll get back to you.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
Rob Rockcrawler

I'll take the senator for 20 bucks.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
mackenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
what is the length on #3
I met XYZS today about 3PM. He thought you might be interested in #4.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #10
mackenzie

3/0 and squidder both gone.