Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #31
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

no ChrisL....he referred to me as bloobob in an earlier post....he must know me better than I know myself....just what I needed, another wife.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
Old 08-18-2004, 02:16 PM   #32
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Question

Did you know that if a fella named SAM married a gal named PAM, they could call their kids ?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:22 PM   #33
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

How many B's in "Babar?"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	babar2.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	7248  
Old 08-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #34
stripers247

Quote:
.........I wonder how Al appreciates you USING him and his story for your own personal gain.....or have you manipulated his mind into thinking that your actually fighting for him and not just getting some exposure for yourself.
This is the biggest bunch of goofs I could have been talking to.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:48 PM   #35
chris L

LMAO
Im an internet comedian not a goof ! I came in 33rd on last comic standing .
Old 08-18-2004, 09:27 PM   #36
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Re: To the Big shots

OK, you are really going out of your way to be a jackass here aren't you?

Quote:
Originally posted by stripers247
The SWS is a great story of the catch. Not negative or sad at all.
So the article paints a much better picture than the crap you posted here today? I will still read the article but I have less faith in it the more and more you show your true colors around here. You got what you wanted, more traffic, a little notoriety and some more exposure. Hmmm, seen this all before . You did not come here to set the record straight, you came here for the same reason you came here the last time =

HOPEFULLY, you will not have give Al WORSE trouble because of your antics here and seeing that you are such a class act, other places as well. The more and more that this thread unwinds, the more you look like a jackass and you probably couldn't give a crap if that reflects on Al McReynolds one way or the other. I just hope you are not just one more in a long line of people with the intenion of screwing Al for your benefit. Hmmm, the fish does it again, eh?

Quote:
What do you think stripers247 stands for.
This is what we are. This is what I am stripers 247.
What do you think my motive is?
Stand for? Spewing crap on other Striper sites 24 /7 ? Certainly not any kind of balance in the finer points of Netiquette. Let's see, we'll spam another bigger fishing site, generate some extra hits at Al's expense, and then we'll piss off everyone and still smell like a rose.... I've seen this often before and if it is what I think it is, you are lower than bluefish scum. I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt it...

Quote:
My intent isnt to get you guys mad .
If it was a blue or a flounder we wouldnt even be discussing this.
Fortunately those record holders have not had jerks acting on their behalf.

Quote:
Because it is a record that has'nt been broken in 23 years it is quite a compelling story. years later why is everybody so angry or jealous still?
You think people are jealous? Today? Most of us are in awe of that.

Quote:
Al hasnt had a mail box or a web site before to tell the story. He would like to answer all the questionss and make personal apperances and fish with guys who would like to go fishing with him.
I'd like to fish with him. Say hello, wet a line. Great territory to fish up there too - SandSled or Rock Hopping, colder deeper water in tight to shore too. Bass country. You know, if I ever did fish with you Al - I wouldn't need to put it on the front page of the site and post it on every forum in every corner of the interblab... But hey, that's me. I've learned my lessons there.

Jim - you fish with Al yet? Do you fish?

Quote:
And judging by the his loaded email box I think there is an awful lot of positive support for the man. Which Im very pleased about.
Good for him

Quote:
If a couple of Bozos think its a negative portrayal. so be it. Go catch a fish.
I think it is a sad story, that I've seen before in a few places, plus On The Run (where DiBenedetto establishes himself as much more a class act than you have), and StriperSurf had something at one point. Anyway, if you think that we, as members of this site are putting a negative spin on this. I see little to show me people here trashing Al. I see some questions, some people not convinced yet, and I see more than a few people very supportive and sympathetic of the guy. The biggest negative I've read so far is the crap that you're pouring - independent of what Al is saying.

Quote:
This is fun for me, and until I, m banned from a silly web forum. I will keep responding to the BS. [/B]
You're shoveling the BS pretty good on your own and I'm getting tired of letting little Jimmy play in this sandbox. You disrespect others and stir crap and I sincerely believe you are doing this for YOUR gain with YOUR site and Al is getting screwed. Yet again, because of that fish, someone taking advantage of him. I SINCERELY hope that you're just being a RICHARD here and are going to treat Al honestly but I'm not convinced of that.(I really want to swear here but seeing that I just banned swearing, again, &^$#@ &*%^$# ...)

Now, as being the chief cook & bottlewasher, I could bounce this guy but being that we're a "silly web forum", all us angry and jealous people can vote to send OpticalRectumitis247 on his merry little way... Purely from a registration rules standpoint he's broken a few.

For Al McReynolds - 247 mentioned that you have an access to e-mail. YOU can feel free to e-mail me any time. And I'm being sincere when I wonder if Jim Hannan is someone else just taking you for a little joy ride. Hopefully he is a stand up guy in your case. I've been doing this occasionally stupid "fishing internet" website stuff for 7 years and have owned and run my own site now for over 4 years. I've seen a lot of people with agendas or plans like Jim come and go. Keep one hand on your family jewels and the other on your wallet. Good luck and regardless what Jim Harran says, we're not out to throw you under the bus, hopefully he is not either. Maybe he treats you and others well and honestly - but around here, he's an idiot.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #37
kippy
Got Necco's?

Well said John. I vote to bounce this guy and his bs..

Buh Bye!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:48 PM   #38
stripers247

Jealousy rears its ugly head.

Jealousy rears its ugly head.

OpticalRectumitis247 Please with the psuedo intellectual ramblings. You will hurt yourself.

Inflammation of your eyes and a**hole?

For your information Dibenedetto wrote a chapter on Al and a magazine article. Al got paid nothing.

Stripersurf is Bob D'amico whom Al speaks highly of.
At least Al got paid a stipend for my interview.s. Email him and ask him. He said you guys wouldnt turn him down for interviews And this is his idea Mr Jonny.

People are gonna fly off your ship like working birds when they read your comments. They don't need any one to interpret for them especially some one with your inflated ego.

Screw you . You wont have to bounce me. I'll see you in the rear view mirror.

tight lines.

Last edited by stripers247; 08-18-2004 at 10:19 PM..
Old 08-18-2004, 09:50 PM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally posted by bloocrab
no ChrisL....he referred to me as bloobob in an earlier post....he must know me better than I know myself....just what I needed, another wife.
I've had blue something or other on occassion, very painful as most would agree.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #40
fishweewee

Thumbs down Re: Jealousy reers its ugly head.

Quote:
Jealousy reers its ugly head.
Quite the contrary.

Stupidity (namely, yours) r-e-a-r-s its ugly head.

Don't you know how to spell, you illiterate piece of dumb trash?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #41
theSURF121

This same post is located on another site. indeed.Spam, Spam, Spam...

M.S.A. #422
L.I.B.B.A. #422
Old 08-18-2004, 10:42 PM   #42
JohnR

Re: Jealousy reers its ugly head.

Quote:
Jealousy reers its ugly head.
Who is jealous ?? You keep saying it Jimmy and I keep asking who is jealous?

Quote:
OpticalRectumitis247 Please with the psuedo intellectual ramblings. You will hurt yourself.
Yes, it did hurt I really bit my tounge when pressed against my cheek

Quote:
For your information Dibenedetto wrote a chapter on Al and a magazine article. Al got paid nothing.
I always thought "interviews" were not paid.

Quote:
Stripersurf is Bob D'amico whom Al speaks highly of.
At least Al got paid a stipend for my interview.s. Email him and ask him. He said you guys wouldnt turn him down for interviews And this is his idea Mr Jonny.
I know who SS.com is. Don't know the guy, have no opinion either way on Bob. Al approached us, S-B, for an interview? Hmmm, don't know who he approached but it would have probably been me and I never got that call. I don't want to interview him, I'd rather cast a line and BS with him. I have no desire to do interviews - not my thing. No disprespect to Al but I wouldn't interview him because I don't assume I talented enough to do it. Not every site is trying to scratch and claw and scoop and spam and link its way to the top.

Quote:
People are gonna fly off your ship like working birds when they read your comments. They don't need any one to interpret for them especially some one with your inflated ego.
THAT was funny. Not much ego here...

Quote:
Screw you . You wont have to bounce me. I'll see you in the rear view mirror.
I'm not obsessed with passing you or concerned of being passed behind. I enjoy our little fishing community where we get together and talk fishing online, we meet up and fish from rocks and beaches and boats. People trade their own wonderful creations of turned wood into something that will fool a bass. People have met and created great, lifelong friends as a result of this site. Anglers have learned and shared skills. I have made lifelong friends from this site. As a result, it doesn't matter to me how big we are or how much money is made, it's about a fishing community that is freikin' awesome. People that give a rat's ass. that just happen to share the same passion. The sooner you learn that, the more fun you will have - trust me. If it's a business it won't be much fun and it can't be much of a labor of love. This site is just that for me. I can't make great plugs or build fancy rods (well, they ain't too bad ) and I can't get a line wet as often as I'd like but I can enjoy this community. That's what I do and that's what this site is about - the community.

Quote:
tight lines.
Adios...

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 PM   #43
JohnR

Quote:
Originally posted by theSURF121
This same post is located on another site. indeed.Spam, Spam, Spam...
Hey Surf - which one is that??

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-18-2004, 10:44 PM   #44
fishweewee

Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 10:51 PM   #45
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Re: you guys are killin me

Quote:
you guys are killing me
that is our job

How does one get an article written and in a magazine when the interview over the phone just took place on August 13th?
I guess you can't be the author then like you said, or this is a sham with a little spam.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #46
CAL
I need spring!

Re: Jealousy rears its ugly head.

Quote:
Email him and ask him.
If Al has a computer, then why doesn't he come on here and say what he has to say instead of you doing it for him?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #47
fishweewee

Lightbulb

John, thank you for shutting his online pie-hole, I was afraid what little left of his brains would be dripping out through that giant s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g organ of his.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:01 PM   #48
Slipknot
Super Moderator

from who's online 1 minute ago

stripers247 Viewing Thread you guys are killin me 11:45 PM

Well? cat got your tongue?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:04 PM   #49
JohnR

Hi Cal

Somewhere in this Jimmy247 mentioned that Al could check his daughter's computer or niece's - something like that.,,

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-18-2004, 11:04 PM   #50
Johnny C

my biggest fish this year was 12 inches

bottom line, I have fished once this year. got a 12 incher
looking to go hard in the fall. I don't know al, I like JohnR, even though we have only spoken via email, and I love fishing.
I guess there are just a bunch of hook ers out there who like to bitch.
Hey, I say we have have a party to celebrate the non jackasses out there
Johnny
Old 08-18-2004, 11:06 PM   #51
CAL
I need spring!

Re: Jealousy rears its ugly head.

Quote:

People are gonna fly off your ship like working birds when they read your comments.

I'll see you in the rear view mirror.

tight lines.

That's a friggin riot!

I've seen who your moderators are. You might want your New England moderator to be someone that actually ventures outside
"fishing under the railroad trestle in the Hampton marsh" and your Gear and Tackle guy to have known what a danny is for more than the last 6 months
Old 08-18-2004, 11:11 PM   #52
JohnR

I just locked his account for the night. Maybe by tomorrow this can blow over a little, or not

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #53
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Oh
ok

I refuse to sign up on his site to ask him, maybe he should fess up and tell the truth on his own site. Otherwise he is laughable.

I'm sure I'll read the article when I have the chance, that was one helluva fish Al caught.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:53 PM   #54
CAL
I need spring!

Hi John
Old 08-19-2004, 02:22 AM   #55
Jonny Bolt

Re: Re: Jealousy rears its ugly head.

Quote:
Originally posted by CAL

That's a friggin riot!

I've seen who your moderators are. You might want your New England moderator to be someone that actually ventures outside
"fishing under the railroad trestle in the Hampton marsh" and your Gear and Tackle guy to have known what a danny is for more than the last 6 months
Oh no, if its not CAL running his tinhorn yet again. I'll be damned.

So whats wrong with Jim's Moderators? For one thing, if you actually thought you could run your mouth about me in a thread and not have me find out, uh-ah cupcake. Secondly, I fish from the Kennebec River in Bath, ME down to CT. throughout the season. So I think you should get your facts straight before you spew any of your internet swill and negativity about me. You and your canalpal Beach(sleep)walker seem to have some of the biggest chips on your shoulders in the online Striper community. Calvin, I probably travel and fish more in one month than you do all season, so please spare me your tirades. Also, if you would have opened your eyeballs a little more, you wouldve noticed there is more than one NE Mod.. I suppose now you'll make fun of Briggs for fishing the Rhode Island beaches, or maybe make fun of Charlie for fishing Plum Island? You act like an infantile buffoon CAL. Kill yourself.

You will also notice that unlike here, Mods. dont call members "jerks" and other names. Most of the Striper boards online have been BLOWN OUT & GAPPED OUT like an old Motley Crue groupie, by people like you CAL. Alot of people get sick of the atmosphere people like YOU bring to a community. This is the reason for other people starting newer boards.

And if your such a big, brawny man, and you have such a problem with the Hampton Estuary and its trestles, why not pick your bitch tits up and come on out and we'll have a little good ol fishin' derby That way, you could tell me your problem with me to my face, and not post your snide little remarks on your fave Striper message board.

Oh yeah, I've known about Danny plugs a little longer than 6 months buddy lol. You think because it was my first season actually throwing wood that big, that I never knew about them? LMAO. Your a mental midget. Go lay down.

Last edited by Jonny Bolt; 08-19-2004 at 03:26 AM..
Old 08-19-2004, 06:27 AM   #56
jugstah

Send a message via AIM to jugstah Send a message via Yahoo to jugstah
Ok, Al's definitely not getting any help from this nincompoop.

"Remember Amateurs built the Ark -- Professionals built the Titanic."
Old 08-19-2004, 06:47 AM   #57
CAL
I need spring!

JB, yeah I know....I'm always starting up with people here and causing problems

I don't know if I got a chip on my shoulder as big as BW though

Why don't you go on back to your board and take that
master with you.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:56 AM   #58
JohnR

Johnny B - you've been walking around here with some attitude too while you've been here. So it's not like it is unusual, right?

As for Mods calling people jerks, that must be me calling that out to Jim because that is all I've seen. And you know, it's pretty rare when that happens that I get worked up like that. But like the last time Jim came here, he spammed. He didn't ask to post this, he just did it. If he had asked last time, he would have probably received a different reception. But if you ask, you might just get turned down. So why be nice and ask when you can stir up a little controversy instead ... Yeh, he's the victim here - IT'S THE INTERNET - don't take it so friekin seriously....

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-19-2004, 08:17 AM   #59
beachwalker
Below Me

Cal,

I ain't got no chip. I am basically just a #####.

thats my story and I am sticking to it

sorry about the language john

Last edited by beachwalker; 08-19-2004 at 10:50 AM..
Old 08-19-2004, 08:18 AM   #60
Saltheart

I'm reading all this and thinking what a jerk! Then i get to the part where he thinks everyone will leave this site and go to his cause of John's comments this thread! That was a good chuckle.

You should have quit while you were ahead 247.

just think , if your site ever does grow to be successful like this one , you will start to atrract lots of people.....just like you. You deserve it!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Closed Thread