Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #61
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

This has his own site??... ....I thought he was a teenager - - I was going to ask Christian to teach him some respect.

This post should be deleted/moved/yada-yada-yada....I don't see anything positive coming from this anymore. We, including myself will only add negativity to it. It's a dead horse - let's move on. My example above ....

My thoughts on striper247.....below

....yeah, he's a snot picker.

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
Old 08-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #62
Jonny Bolt

JohnR, I've been walking around here with a chip on my shoulder since I've been here? LOL. That's comical. I come to this board about 2 times a month, and out of the 10 or so threads I've started here, about 9 of them were hijacked, raped, and taken way off topic without a murmor from the Staff here. Much like this thread has turned into kukkah.

So I come into a thread about Jim and Al, a thread I have absolutely nothing to do with, and see CALiente throwing out remarks and comments about me, and dragging me into it when I wasnt even here! Thats a riot! Just dragging me through the mud, all the while he was hoping I'd never see it. I had NO REASON to even be here, until CAL chose to spit some of his venom at me. Mr. Big #^&#^&#^&#^&talker, always talkin' about somebody, but not doin' much else.

CAL, you should be a man, and say things to peoples faces.

You guys have a problem with Jim because of something he posted, thinking others would be interested in it, then you have a problem with how he tries to explain himself, then its attack time and the silly comments fly. Whatever. If the Mods. here knew better, they wouldve REMOVED the friggin' post before any replies couldve even been posted. BUT NO. Not here. Here, they keep the post up, and let the Peanut Gallery attack the poster, and hey, the Staff even gets involved in it, throwing out comments and calling people names, next thing you know, the whole thing explodes into a free for all, and people who werent even involved in it and had no idea it even existed are dragged into it by one of the infamous Peanut Gallery. Yeah, you scream spam. If its spam, then why not delete it the moment its posted? LMAO. Why? Because it was only spam after you decided you didnt like it anymore. Only after Jim tried to defend and explain himself. Only after you allowed it to become a cess pool and a free for all did you deem it spam. The Staff on this board is all but USELESS, and needs to be updated. Just my opinion.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe Jim read something one of you wrote out of context? Maybe he read it wrong. Maybe he is worked up. Maybe he had a bad day. But theres no goddamn slack given here. Just attack mode, and no Moderation to limit it. I have read all of your posts in this thread, and I can honestly say that I cannot believe you fellow (supposed) Striper Fishermen treat other this way. You act like childish little brats to each other. Might as well scratch and pull each others hair. I fully understand now why a number of people have told me they dislike the feeling they recieved when coming to this board, and no longer wish to participate here. You can make fun of 247 or any other site/board you want, but you've been up for what? 7 years? 247 has been up for 4 months. And I'll tell you one thing, the atmosphere isnt full of negativity and hate like this place is, nor will it ever be. And thats due mostly to the STAFF which monitors and moderates the board. That which is SEVERLY lacking here at Striped-Bass.com. So have at it, and make fun all you want. Act silly and infantile, but they'll still be people hatin' on this place too cuz of the rogue members here and the lack of Moderation. This is supposed to be a COMMUNITY. An online Striped Bass COMMUNITY. But by looking at how some of you act, I see why things are so seperated and torn apart. Like me, or hate me, you should GROW UP, and have a little respect for others. None of you will ever admit your wrong. I expect responses to be filled with yet more name calling and childish behavior at me.

Thanks for involving me in another one of your soap operas.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #63
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Actually - you be specific as we beat this dead horese I said you have had "with some attitude too while you've been here". Not exactly "a chip" on your shoulder. The one thread I recall being Hijacked was your Focus thread when some people called you on it. At that point you went right and did what you accuse others of doing.

One simple start to this would have been to ask permission to post the thread. As stated in the Registration agreement (oh yeh - ignored the LAST time he came around) "advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations or any other method to promote yourself without first clearing it with Striped-Bass.com is inappropriate on this message board" - all he had to do is ASK. I don't allow people to on this board. It's not fair to me as a site owner, it's not fair to the guys that sponsor the site, and it's not always fair to the memmbers. There are plenty of instances where people e-mail or PM and ask and RECIEVE permission to post stuff - much like what Jim started posting here. This on it's own would have gone far smoother had he done that. This site does not censor links to other places, we do not prevent people from saying like such and such shop or plug that are not our sponsors. We DO draw the line when someone self promotes their fishing related business or their freinds when it is self-promoting or when someone starts something with the intention to promote something else. It's a tough line to walk between keeping a board open and honest and allowing people with the agenda of plugging their own products for their own personal gain (Mike Bartlett / B-Fast Charters, Penetrator Lures, CrabHawk, just to name a few). THAT is a disservice to our members, sponsors, and to me. I could make more money and less agravation just by saying "would you like fries with that". IF Jim gets it together and builds a good site, has a level of ethic, has knowledable moderators and members, AND a bit of luck, he too will find how tough it gets. He ain't there yet and he has no clue as to what its like to run - with lots of help - a mid sized site like this.

Quote:
Yeah, you scream spam. If its spam, then why not delete it the moment its posted? LMAO. Why? Because it was only spam after you decided you didnt like it anymore. Only after Jim tried to defend and explain himself. Only after you allowed it to become a cess pool and a free for all did you deem it spam. The Staff on this board is all but USELESS, and needs to be updated. Just my opinion.
Actually, I called it SPAM right from my first post. I kept the thread going - against my better judgement - as I wanted to hear wht he had to say about Al...

He started this thread to enlighten the world on poor Al but then he acted like a jerk. Well, fortunately I don't think Al will suffer anything bad from this - I'd still like to say hello to the guy and wet a line (and I'll keep my stinkin' mouth shut too). When things were getting discussed and he didn't like the discussion, he reacted. If you don't want to discuss something - for better or worse - KEEP IT OFF AN INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION BOARD. If he wants to dictate a story make it a freikin WAV file.
As for where moderators are working or not working, it's always a work in progress. Elements on the board shift, personalities shift, differences in religion, ideology, passions can flow together or stack each other up. Yes, things are a little crazier than normal or as we'd like but they will always ebb and flow that way. As for the negativity and swearing and needing moderation? Do we need to look at what you've posted and do a granular inspection of every argument you've been in? I don't think so. We try to offer some flexibility here and not be board drill sargeants. It's not anywhere as easy as you think. Good luck. And while you are promoting another website without permission, please remove your links to stripers24 from your profile - and what's that other board??

Hey Al McReynolds - sorry this thread turned to flushable material - wasn't your fault at all....

OK - now that I've wasted time from my REAL job...

Thanks,

John

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-19-2004, 02:10 PM   #64
chris L

can I still be childish ?
Old 08-19-2004, 02:44 PM   #65
Jonny Bolt

"The one thread I recall being Hijacked was your Focus thread when some people called you on it."

Call me on what? What was there to call? S I L L Y. Another silly thread trashed by silly people.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:55 PM   #66
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

JB, if you hate it here, go to 247 and leave us alone in our "negativity"
I for one have met quite a few great people on this board, including JohnR, so I think you need to rethink that you're saying...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #67
Jonny Bolt

Oh yeah, I also like how you and your buddies insinuate that Jim doesnt have it together, and his site is no good, and you also perpetuate the idea that his Moderators are somehow less knowledgeable than you and your cohorts. I find it conveniently ironic that some of you need to belittle others down, in order to boost your self up. Thats the number 1 sign of LOW SELF ESTEEM. I think between everyone currently on our Staff, there is a very well balanced amount of knowledge and RESPECT for each other, the members, and the Striper community as a whole. We're not too busy scaring away newbies with our attitudes and mud-slinging contests. We like to meet new people, and help them. I personally am willing to bet a Van Zebco reel that although I work sometimes over 40 hours a week, I probably fish more hours in the week than the pooptalkers here work.

I think thats what some of you need to do. Go fishing.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #68
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

""I probably fish more hours in the week than the pooptalkers here work. I think thats what some of you need to do. Go fishing.""

Dont generallize, Many of us here fish most nights of the week, and I still work 50-70hrs a week.... Also, hours fished doesnt equate to being a good fisherman; the more you rant the more you look like an ass; you've wasted enough of my time, so I'm done reading this thread now, and am turned off of even looking at 247 now; as there are other websites I look at, but the guys over there can thank you and your immature BS for turning alot of good fisherman off of that site...

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-19-2004, 03:13 PM   #69
chris L

can I still act childish ?
Old 08-19-2004, 03:21 PM   #70
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Chris, I dont think anyone would expect anything different

Bryan

Old 08-19-2004, 03:22 PM   #71
Slingah

this is such crap
please do chris L...I love your work

Live at Leeds
Old 08-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #72
chris L

gots to do what I know best and we all know I dont know squat about fishing .

thanks Im glad I can still make people laugh .
Old 08-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #73
NilsC
Kayak Fish with us.

I could not find any fishing proverbs.

Russian Proverb

The wise man has long ears, big eyes and a short tongue.

Persian Proverb

Whatever is in the heart will come up to the tongue.

More have repented of speech than silence.

The tongue wounds more than a lance.

Silence is the best reply to the ignorant.

Chinese Proverb

Good words are like a string of pearls.

A vacant mind is open to all suggestions as a hollow building echoes all sounds.

Better be silent than speak ill.

Better say nothing than nothing to the purpose.

Those who know much speak little; those who speak much know little.

Arabian Proverb

The crying cat catches nothing.

Italian Proverb

The cask can only yield the wine it contains.

Greek Proverb

We have two ears and one mouth that we may listen the more and talk the less.

Spanish Proverb

Wit without discretion is a sword in the hand of a fool.

Shakespeare

A flow of words is no proof of wisdom.

He who says what he likes, must hear what he does not like.

Be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Give every man thine ear, but few thy voice.

The empty vessel makes the greatest sound.

Confucius

Words are the voice of the heart.

Swift

Talking comes by nature, silence by wisdom.

The chameleon, who is said to feed upon nothing but air, has of all animals the nimblest tongue.

M. Tupper

The tongue talks at the head's cost.

Thistles and thorns prick sore, but evil tongues prick more.

Silence is an excellent remedy against slander.

Silence seldom doth harm.

the cause of good be wise, and in a case indifferent, keep silence.

Eccl.

A great talker is a great liar.

He who would close another man's mouth should first tie up his
own.

He that can rule his tongue shall live without strife.

Pope

Words are like leaves; and where they most abound, much fruit of sense beneath is rarely found.

Bible

A fool's voice is known by a multitude of words.

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise.

Seeth thou a man that is hasty in his words? There is more hope of
a fool than of him.

Who knows most says least.

Great boaster, little doer.

A wholesome tongue is a tree of life; but perverseness therein is
a breach in the spirit.

A soft answer turneth away wrath, but grievous words stir up
anger.

The fool shineth no longer than he holdeth his tongue.

The tongue can no man tame; it is a restless evil --- full of
deadly poison.

No man ever repented of having held his tongue.

The tongue is not steel --- yet it cuts.

How oftentimes is silence the wiseth of replies.

Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from
troubles.

Good silence is near holiness.

A slip of the foot may be soon recovered, but that of the tongue
perhaps never.

There is that speaketh rashly like the piercing of a sword; but
tongue of the wise is health.

Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.

He that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.

A silent man's words are not brought into court.

He knows much who knows how to hold his tongue.

A fair face will get its praise, though the owner keep silent.

The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver.

In the company of strangers silence is safe.

The froward tongue shall be cut out.

We ought either to be silent or to speak things that are better than silence.

The worst wheel of a cart creaks most.

Silence is less injurious than a bad reply.

There is a knack of showing we understand the matter, when we hold our peace.

Let thy speech be short, comprehending much in few words; be as one that knoweth and yet holdeth his tongue.

One man may teach another to speak; but none can teach another to hold his peace.

Neither speak well nor ill of yourself. If well, men will not believe you; if ill, they will believe a great deal more than you say.

When insolence provoketh, when slander false accuseth, when ignorance and prejudice are full of idle talk, let silence be the answer on thy lip and in thy life.

A man of silence is a man of sense.

If you don't say it, you'll not have to unsay it.

He talks much who has least to say.

A tame tongue is a rare bird.

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou be like unto him.

Nils

King Cove Kayak Center
926 Stonington Rd (US Route 1)
Stonington, CT 06378
Phone (860) 599-4730
is hosting the third annual Kayak Fishing Rodeo

Nils
Old 08-19-2004, 05:33 PM   #74
JohnR

Johnny Bolt - I'm done. If I go any further with this, someone's feelings might get hurt. If you want to stay - fine, but quit your bitchin', if you want to go - fine - do what you want. Someday if you want to have a beer or wet a line, that's fine too. I have too much important stuff to do in my life than to argue this thread any longer

Bryan - saw you yesterday in the urabus on Memorial - you were gone before I could say hello....

We need to fish soon - lots of rats with fins to the SW of RHS - want the striped kind

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #75
CAL
I need spring!

Jonny, I didn't give a rats ass if you read it. I actually figured 247 would and tell you. So what? I was just expressing my opinion to 247 that having you as a moderator is laughable. Again, my opinion.

Don't know what you're talking about as to "always talking about someone". You're the only one I've ever had a problem with on any site.

And yes.....I've got no problem saying anything to your face or anyone elses.

Lighten up Francis
Old 08-19-2004, 05:40 PM   #76
Jenn

wanna know what really funny about all this???

so many people getting worked up over this al guy! When you really think about it this so called "aftermath" he experienced after this fish was caught was only brought on by himself! Bottom line.....sadly he must have needed this fish to boost his self esteem so he exploited it for what it was worth. and before you jump down my throat for that comment think about this for a minute. we all know Most stories of large fish are questioned and doubted anyway becuase of envy or disbelief, so to try and brag is like slapping yourself in the face!!!!

If I ever catch a large striper few people will know about it....the taxidermist and those people closest to me that would see it hanging on my living room wall!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:43 PM   #77
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Bolt
I probably fish more hours in the week than the pooptalkers here work.
you need to check Your Mind sonnny.
I wasnt to happy when You frigged up a week end date for a charter,
Got to tell Ya Kid Ya sounding like a bag of ragin Brown starfish
fish pm's run rampid around here with alot of members
dont know what site Your talking about but good luck

Pro Tool Club....
Old 08-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #78
gilligan
GrayBeards

Talking

i love a good peeing match.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #79
CAL
I need spring!

for distance or accuracy?
Old 08-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #80
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

"I don't allow people to on this board."

Anyone wanna buy some plugs?

wow I can't believe I just wasted 20 minutes reading this thread.. I coulda made 20 plugs in that amount of time
Old 08-19-2004, 08:02 PM   #81
JohnR

Quote:
Originally posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"I don't allow people to on this board."

Anyone wanna buy some plugs?

wow I can't believe I just wasted 20 minutes reading this thread.. I coulda made 20 plugs in that amount of time
Stuffit Domeboy

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-19-2004, 09:27 PM   #82
Nebe

All you guys are arseholes... every last one of you. you all lie, insult, and have no sense of humor....

thats why I hardly post anything here at s-b.com...
Old 08-19-2004, 09:31 PM   #83
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

i have 11 needle fish for sale
they are black with red round the eyes

Pro Tool Club....
Old 08-19-2004, 11:30 PM   #84
Jonny Bolt

Quote:
Originally posted by bassmaster
you need to check Your Mind sonnny.
I wasnt to happy when You frigged up a week end date for a charter,
Got to tell Ya Kid Ya sounding like a bag of ragin Brown starfish
fish pm's run rampid around here with alot of members
dont know what site Your talking about but good luck
I think you need to check your alzeimers medicine buddy. I have no idea who you are, or what your talking about lol. But you definitely must be one of the leading members of the Peanut Gallery LMAO. I never "frigged up a weekend date for a charter", because I dont need to do charters lol. I havent been on a charter since 1996. You must be on some pretty good acid Your attempts at slander are asinine and utterly doltish and/or lowbrow at best. Keep talkin' poop with tha rest of 'em, you guys are hilarious

And CAL, why is it so funny that I am a mod? Because your not? Your insecurities getting to you? Your low self opinion is evident. I was never even part of this idiotic thread until you brought me into it. You couldnt resist flapping your gums. And yet you still take no responsibility for it. I can honestly say, that in my almost 20 years of fishing, you are the only person I would never cast with. And why did you ever have a problem with me? You never even met me, fished with me, or hung out with me. You just make problems with total strangers, fellow fisherman. Are you usually this childish? If so, maybe they were right when they told me you didnt pass sandbox. Did someone steal your Tonka trucks when you were a tyke CAL? You make me snicker, at most. I've had enough of your witless attacks on me and you attempts to discredit me are unfounded and groundless. Enjoy your life of ineptitude.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:55 PM   #85
CAL
I need spring!

Not insecure about anything. Never have nor will I ever want to be a moderator. Just think that you being in a position of supposed knowledge is a riot!

Looks like you had to start your own site(s) in order to fulfill your desire to be accepted.

Hey Jonny......you got a Jew hating forum on your site?
Old 08-20-2004, 12:27 AM   #86
Jonny Bolt

LOL. Inept one, I volunteered to help Jim with the message board itself. I offered my help because I like and respect Jim. I also like how he started a new board, to get away from pesky people who attack others and turn threads into mush, all for the sake of targeting one person. BTW, I have plenty of knowledge & experience, many, many years fishing the rivers, beaches, jetties, and off boats. But am I in no way an arrogant know it all like some I've seen in the internet Striper community. I learn something new every single day. And I enjoy it. So if anyone with more knowledge and wisdom comes along, they are without hesitation brought onto the Staff. And why do question my fishing knowledge so much? Oh yeah, must be your insecurities flaring up again like a pack of hemorroids.

Jew hating forum? WTH is that? No, sorry. This must be another one of your juvenile attempts at some sort of personal slander lol. My ex-girlfriend was a Jew, I suppose now you'll try to say I killed her? Whats next from you CAL? I am the anti-Christ and will start WW3? Silly rabbit.

Actually, I started a forum because I am pro-active in the care of the Hampton Estuary. The forum is for locals to my area, and other people who enjoy fishing marshes and rivers. I clean up litter twice a year there and on the access road, I report poachers, and I report illegal activity. I care about my community and its fishery. I volunteer my time there, and I work closely with the town and the State Fish & Game to monitor the activity and the progress there. Are you going to find a way to make fun of me for that now? I assume you will have some foolish retort and personal attack against me again. Your a real hound for that stuff
May I inquire as to what you do for your community? Do you do anything, besides run your tinhorn on the internet to people you've never met? Or are you just another lazy degenerate bum that has to try to defame and belittle others in order to bring yourself up? From what I hear, it's the latter.

But all that aside, I take it back, I would fish with ya bud. Anytime. Who knows, maybe I'll see you at the ditch fling

I'm all done with you now oh cowardly one. I hope your miserable life of slandering and belittling is a good one! I wish you the best my friend. Goodbye.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:32 AM   #87
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

HOLD ON A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!

...let me get my popcorn

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
Old 08-20-2004, 12:40 AM   #88
CAL
I need spring!

Quote:

Jew hating forum? WTH is that?

Anyone who has been on SOL knows what I mean
Old 08-20-2004, 12:42 AM   #89
CAL
I need spring!

Quote:

From what I hear, it's the latter.

You hear NOTHING
Old 08-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #90
CAL
I need spring!

Quote:

But all that aside, I take it back, I would fish with ya bud. Anytime. Who knows, maybe I'll see you at the ditch fling

Hopefully. Make sure you bring your bathing suit cuz your gonna be takin a swim.

Sorry JohnR. I know I said I wouldn't.....but hey, I'm only human.

I'm all done with this here. Now where is that IGNORE button?
Closed Thread