Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-10-2004, 10:38 AM   #31
Nebe

4 more years of fear, currupt government spending, the highest national deficit in history, the most secretive presidential cabinet in history, the most jobs lost since herbert Hoover...the leasat lack of international supprt... yes 4 more years.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:43 AM   #32

Yes 4- more years and more seats on the house and senate floor
179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #33
slapshot

John Kerry should be put on trial for the war crimes he admitted to committing.
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #34
spence

I don't think there's any doubt that Bush's energy policy is designed to benefit business profit ahead of environmental protection. There's simply no excuse for ignoring science and insisting global warming doesn't exist.

Plants like Brayton Point are a serious health risk to locals (like me) and are only allowed to operate because of greased pockets. Brayton Point is a massive cash cow for PG&E and belches out more pollution than any other plan in NE I believe.

Bush has replaced a host of Govt regulators with former special interest representatives. The wolves are literally guarding the hen house. In North Dakota recently EPA scientists laughed at a proposal to build a new coal burning plan because the state was already exceeding govt clean air restrictions. Rather than use new cleaner technology the power company just used new math to show they wouldn't be polluting. The scientists ruling was overturned by EPA officials planted by the Administration.

As for Bush and his Air Guard service. I believe most objective people believe Bush skipped out of the Guard and used connections to get his spot initially as well as get out early.

I don't really care, nor do I care about Kerry going overboard with his war protests. They both made mistakes, it was 35 years ago and it's old news.

Slap, the warcrimes thing is stooopid. Find a real issue to talk about

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:19 AM   #35
slapshot

I think "Bush Sucks" is stupid.

AWOL (questionable) vs war crimes (testified to be tru)- I'll take AWOL, thank you
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #36
Nebe

um... i dont think kerry participated in any warcrimes. What he did was go to the senate and speak out agianst the war crimes that were going on in Nam.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:33 AM   #37
Skip N

Kerry Sucks! Sorry for the lack of content but i just wanted to parcipate in this thread!
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:39 AM   #38
Nebe

kerry kinda sucks too...There I admit it..... skip are you happy?
Old 09-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #39
Navy Chief
Reagan Republican

Here's is what I have to say about Bush and the Air National Guard.

If you rag about him skipping out of the war and praise John Kerry for going to war then think about this...

If you're not in the military now, If you havn't spent your time in Afganistan or Iraq ... you sir are a HYPOCRITE !!!!

"I never trust a fighting man who doesnt smoke or drink." - ADM William "Bull" Halsey
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #40
Nebe

sorry Chief, but going AWOL for a whole year is a hell of a lot worse than speaking out agianst the crimes that americans were commiting in vietnam..
Old 09-10-2004, 12:06 PM   #41
Skip N

kerry kinda sucks too...There I admit it..... skip are you happy?

Skip very happy now There is no perfect candidate i guess...Even Bush has alot of ideas and such i dont care for.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #42
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally posted by Eben

to make you and alot of other people happy I will stop ranting.
Hell no, Eben - keep going - I love a prolonged squack when it's necessary -

And, boy, is it needed in this case

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #43
Skip N

Bil Clinton was the ultimate draft dodger yet the left never ripped him for that. Will Kerry come out soon and rip Bubba for being a draft dodger? Has he ever said anything about that? somehow i dont think so
Old 09-10-2004, 01:23 PM   #44
Navy Chief
Reagan Republican

Sorry Eben

Coming back to the the states and talking smack about all your shipmates and fellow americans in front of the Senate is about a million times worse than going AWOL.

It's like kissing Jane Fonda.

"I never trust a fighting man who doesnt smoke or drink." - ADM William "Bull" Halsey
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #45
Big Vern
Hooked

This thread is a perfect illustration of the problems of American politics today. Partisanism is killing our contry's political system. Each side is out to get the other, and it's beome a big contest to make the other side look as bad as possible. Who cares about actually accomplishing something, let's just blindly stick by one side without really figuring out what they stand for and bash the other side. Forget all about determining what is best for this country and acting on it when you can just bash the other side. Partisan politics is really holding us back. We need to move back to a system where politicians look to help the country before they look to help their own party interests.
Big Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #46
chris L

This countries politics are a freakin joke !!!!!!!!
hey both of you jerks and lets not forget ralphie boy . what the hell are you going to do for US ? instead of yourselves and your future Libraries ?

vote option D
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:30 PM   #47
C-5 CC
New (used) boat!!!!

vote option D [/B][/QUOTE] ???

That must be Perot!!!

***** I WOULD STILL RATHER GO HUNTING W/ #^&#^&#^&#^& CHENEY THAN GO FOR A DRIVE W/ TED KENNEDY ******
C-5 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:36 PM   #48
chris L

option D = none of the above
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:22 PM   #49
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Navy Chief

I'd Kiss Jane Fonda....especially if she has that little Barbarella outfit on..... Yeah Baby,,,,Yeah!

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #50
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by Navy Chief
Sorry Eben

Coming back to the the states and talking smack about all your shipmates and fellow americans in front of the Senate is about a million times worse than going AWOL.

well if the shipmates behaved and didnt commit those crimes kerry wouldn't have had to do what he did

Last edited by Nebe; 09-10-2004 at 07:52 PM..
Old 09-10-2004, 09:03 PM   #51
Rob Rockcrawler

im not even bothering reading all 4 pages of posts on this one. I think bush pretty much sucks, and im getting the impression that kerry is in the same boat. He is the most boring guy i have ever seen. He has no charisma at all. I would much rather have W over for a BBQ, he seems like a cool guy. Thats without all the politics. Compasionate conservative, i havent heard him use that term during this campaign, talk bout a flip flop. He shoulda just said hard core conservative, nothing compasionate bout it. Even though i think W is a swell guy i cant really see myself voting for him. Kerry is so boring, lame, kinda ugly and from other america that im not from but his dumb a@# will prolly get my vote anyways.

WHERE are the issues anyways, all i see is a pissing contest about vietnam?

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:55 PM   #52
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Rockcrawler

WHERE are the issues anyways, all i see is a pissing contest about vietnam?
the issues are this... if you are agianst abortion, agianst gay marriage, agianst stemcell research, agianst higher taxes for the rich, and for world domination(sorry.. couldnt help myself.. if you are for the war agianst terror running the way it is now) vote for bush. The republican convention really spent about 50% bashing kerry, 30% talking about terrorism and 20% talking about domestic usues like the economy, and what they believe is right.. right to life, no stemcell research, no gay marriage)...

Kerry is plan is... no tax hike for people who make under 200 grand but if you make more, you will get back onto the same tax system as clinton had you on... Kerry wants better health plans, he wants to bring jobs back to the U.S. that have been shipped over seas, he wants to actually fight the war on terrorism, like finding osama and promises an exit plan for iraq...
he wants to mend our relationships with our european allies, he is for gay marriage, he is pro-chice... both of those grant more freedom to those who want to make that choice. Bush's feelings of banning them take away those freedoms.

Thats it in a nutshell. theres more, but like the Hokey Pokey, 'thats what its all about'
hope this helps you.

* also... Bush is very enviromentaly unfriendly... kerry has much more greener views. kerry wants to really push for alternative fuel sources, while Bush is saying the same thing, but has passed laws that limit new technologies to make power only from oil... Bush has been doing alot of this double talk lately.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #53
stormfish

Seem like a lot of Vietnam vets here on this forum and no support for their collegue Kerry. Bush talks a lot about war but has he fought one? Was he ever in the line of fire??? At that time, he was doing more "blow"ing than Moby #^&#^&#^&#^&. Bush number one has deceived us, and JW is no better... All I'm saying is, "Let's not get Bushed again!"

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #54
"uffah!!"

I'll have to say it again "4 MORE YEARS".
"uffah!!" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:19 PM   #55
Skip N

I thought the Liberals hated guns?! Nice try John but we aint buying that photo op!
Old 09-11-2004, 02:24 PM   #56
Skip N

Seem like a lot of Vietnam vets here on this forum and no support for their collegue Kerry. Bush talks a lot about war but has he fought one? Was he ever in the line of fire??? At that time, he was doing more "blow"ing than Moby #^&#^&#^&#^&. Bush number one has deceived us, and JW is no better... All I'm saying is, "Let's not get Bushed again!"

Just because Kerry served in Vietnam doesnt meen he will be a good president people! I dont believe Lincoln or FDR ever saw combat....and they turned out to be damn good presidents. Thats such a stupid liberal argument. My neigbor served in Vietnam so does that meen he can be president too
Old 09-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #57
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip N
My neigbor served in Vietnam so does that meen he can be president too
he'd probably be a better choice than the choices we have now
Old 09-11-2004, 04:11 PM   #58
KLMulder
I fart in your general direction!!!

Vote for my dad, he did 21 years inc 2 FULL years of river patrol in Nam.

Also he was not dumb enough to shot himself while he was there like one of our candidates did.

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Go Yankee's
KLMulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #59
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Qualified

Skip N & Eben

You both can thank a veteran (combat veteran) for being able to sit at your computor in a free society and say what you both want without fear of repercusion.

I had a close friend who was a 1st Lt. on a swift boat from East Bridgewater. I distinctly remember every moment I spent with him. He was very solemn quiet guy. I am sure he went through hell just as every person serving in Vietnam did. Many of the fellows I work with served over there. One guy we call agent orange (jokingly)ecause it refers to his uncontrolable temper tantrums he suffers from relating still to his PTSD all these years later. He was a point man in his marine unit for twelve months.

My point here is no one who really saw any action and had to shoot anyone and knows that the person they shot died would
everreally talk about. Its just something that no true combat veteran would do, whether his service was in Vietnam or anywhere else in a time when our soldiers fought. Nobody certainly,unless an ulterior motive was afoot and a plan hatched would ever have someone follow them around with an 8 mm camera taking black and white home movies of them walking around with a m16 in there hands. Kerry used his cohorts then and he is using them now. The only thing my buddie brought home was a one and two quart a day Cheves Regal problem. No 8 mm films and I'll bet my friend got into more dung than Kerry did.

W has his problems too. He did what every other kid in the guard did, screw off. But at least hedidn't run to Canada like so many cowardsdid then and would now if their number was drawn in a draft lottery. W never held up his servicerecord to everyones scrutinylike Kerry stupidly did. I mean you can't serve in Vietnam, use that service to get elected to public office, and then turn around and say my buddies were murderers.If his buddies were murderers so wasn't Kerry.

I think the government should bring back the draft. That would separate the men from the cowards. Men are respected and cowards are not. It is easy to draw a line in the sand between those two kinds of people. Everyone wants to hang out with men and no one would be caught near a coward.

Their is much to much gray area now. To many people and groups justify the failure of so many people doing things that in the near past we consider socially unacceptable. Things both minor and major in nature. To many people turn their backs and walk away from abhorent behavior if it doesn't directly impact them. Let the other guy do something about it. Let him stand up for me and if he doesn't oh well. If I stick my head in the sand a little further I wont see whats going on. Kerry has been doing just that since he was elected to his first public office. He hasn't done anything in Washington. He hasn't done anything to get himself in trouble. That was and is his sole purpose the last twelve years, don't get into trouble and find every running TV camera nearby.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:13 PM   #60
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corleone
We need to move back to a system where politicians look to help the country before they look to help their own party interests.
And there in lies the answer.Only problem is, that takes Satesmen not politicians.When was the last time you saw a politician not vote his own wallet or go the easy route rather then lose votes?I am afraid it is almost impossible to get a true Statesman into a high office because by the time they get there they owe all the favors that got them there.So the politicians win by promising their constiuents a pot in every kitchen and a chicken in every pot, their party, and others ,the favors that got them there. We aren't much better, as we vote for the guy who is going to put the biggest chicken in our pot and continue to vote our own wallet.
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote