Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #211
boot man

Tony ends up as special teams coach with Mangini, shares a room at Jets Stadium with Tyson's old trainer.
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #212
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsjay View Post
Can't wait....this is intense.....I really want Phil to go down, but I doubt he will
I don't know about that. I could see a scenario where Paulie sets up Tony and leaves Phil as king of the hill, only to get cut down with everything finally his by an avenging angel sporting a Rolling Stones tattoo on her boob

Janice is more old school mob than Tony and she's got a notch on her gun already And with Phil having her husband, and then her brother, whacked, don't tell me it'll never happen

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #213
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

...phil's in the closet of the bedroom, thanks to paulie the rat. tony swiss cheeses him...

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #214
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
...phil's in the closet of the bedroom, thanks to paulie the rat. tony swiss cheeses him...
that is the best one Ive heard yet!!!! good one bdsp
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #215
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

They have left so many lose ends in that show in the past years where you thing something is going to happen then nothing becomes of it or they just never go there again. I think Paulie lives and Tony and Phil kill each other, Phil is the biggest piece of crap. there is some kind of set up, remember they made that guy boss of the new york crew for one day and then he was shot in the eye. so many loose ends

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #216
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Tony would have to take out Phil's inner circle, too. It'd be nice to see Phil's wormy little second banana spitting blood

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #217
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

I have a feeling that it is going to be one giant shoot out and the only one left will be Jr. Soprano

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #218
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoobob View Post
I have a feeling that it is going to be one giant shoot out and the only one left will be Jr. Soprano
If you mean AJ, we last saw him lying on his bedroom floor sniveling like an 8 year old. I think he finishes what he tried to do 2 episodes ago.

Uncle Junior? He surrendered to the inevitable when he caved in and took his meds. He's done. He's never leaving the funny farm.

Sil is supposedly in a coma and not expected to regain consciousness, but the only information on that comes from Paulie, who is likely in Phil's pocket. It's certainly in Phil's--and Paulie's--interests to isolate Tony from Sil. Sil didn't take any bullets in any vital areas that I saw--certainly none to the head. Unless his heart stopped from blood loss enroute to the hospital and brain damage ensued, it's hard to see how he's in a coma. Sil could still play a role in whatever happens.

More proof that Paulie has turned on Tony--Bobby gave him the hit on Phil and it was botched. Paulie was the guy who gave the Italians the supposed address of Phil's mistress. Notice, the hit men were camped right outside the Ukranian ringer's house when he drove up--directly across the street.

Melfi literally closed the door on her involvement, but word is that she appears in the finale. Why? Because she runs to help counsel Tony after AJ finally does himself in?

The previews showed Tony and Paulie driving somewhere in Tony's truck. To an out of the way place where he confronts Paulie over turning?

Tony hasn't been able to think clearly. Melfi dumped him, and his world started crashing around him. When he has a chance to think straight, two thoughts are going to enter his mind--why didn't Phil take a run at Paulie, and exactly how did those Italians wind up in front of the wrong house? Bad news for Paulie.

I still like Tony getting whacked by Phil and Janice doing Phil as the ending. Or Sil arranges a case of lead poisoning for Phil from his hospital bed. Tony would have to give up something to go into witness protection as Finnerty. His orgainization is toast. There isn't enough time left yet for the Feds to build a case, and why would they want the boss of a decimated family now anyway? He could give up Phil, but there isn't enough time to develop that scenario, either. I think that whole Finnerty thing is another of Chase's seemingly significant loose ends that ultimately have no significance. The more I think of it, the more I feel that Tony's going to take a dirt nap.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #219
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Tony's going to take a dirt nap.
me thinks so too.....they are all going down ....eer.....under
Old 06-07-2007, 05:43 AM   #220
ROCKFISH

Could be Paulie's gonna whack Tony and take over his family. Remember, Phil's guys were told to hit Tony's top people, but to leave Paulie alone. Also Paulie has always been close to NY, remember he leaked the fat lady remark.
Paulie, has always felt a little cheated by Tony. Paulie is older and was friends with T's dad. Tony took over and let Christopher pass Paulie up in many respects. You could always see the look in Paulie's face, like "someday"
Well I think someday is coming up this next episode.
Next year Paulie may be running the Jersey side, with the support of Phil in NY, and everyone else will have to fall in line.
ROCKFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 AM   #221
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

i agree with mikep- don't count sil out just yet! maybe he's the one who gives paulie his.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #222
boot man

I read in USA Today yesterday (that sounded funny) that the Ukrainian girl was in fact Phil's Mistress, but her dad was mistaken as Phil.
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #223
Bronko

Remember, Chase says he has known exactly how this show would end from the inception of the project. He came up with the ending first and built the show around that....

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #224
PaulS

They all go out in a blaze of glory with Janice killing Tony. The following week a new show appears on HBO called "Janice"
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #225
partsjay
Let's Rock!

I think that maybe Paulie is going to try and take over......Phil saying to take them from the top down.....and they will do business with whats left......and then leaving Paulie out of the hits.......can't wait for Sunday.
partsjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #226
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

What do you guys make out of Paulie asking Pussy "When my turn comes, will I stand up?" in that dream sequence? Asking the other top guy who turned on Tony?

I also could never see Tony pulling off living in Arizona under the name of Finnerty--that ruse would last until the first time he walked into a deli and asked if they had good gabbagool

Old 06-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #227
Sluggoslinger

so you think they'll try and start a new show out of the new york family? Since it is well agreed that the soprano's won't be around?
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #228
capecodder

Meadow will pull a Michael Corleone and take over the family...
capecodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #229
partsjay
Let's Rock!

I wonder what that may mean.....wonder if it means stand up to Tony?
I think something will come out of the show...there is still alot of interest and $ to be made so......
Old 06-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #230
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsjay View Post
I wonder what that may mean.....wonder if it means stand up to Tony?
Earlier in the episode, when Tony was complaining to the guy in Florida about Paulie's incessant yammering, the guy said, "Well, Paulie's a stand-up guy". To which Tony replied, "Has he ever been put to the test?".

Old 06-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #231
partsjay
Let's Rock!

I saw this on another message board....but I can't remember it....if this is how it ends...I'll be disappointed.

Code:
Tony never came out of the coma at the beginning of season 6 part 1. That's why the beacon light flashed at him in the desert when he was on peyote. The end is them pulling the plug on him.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #232
partsjay
Let's Rock!

If you watch the trailer on HBO....the spoiler one.....it really shows alot different stuff....this is gonna be crazy.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #233
Bronko

I am upset that I just spent 2 hours of my life reading some posts from this site.

http://p196.ezboard.com/bsopranolandforum

These people are fanatics. Take a minute and read some of these.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 06-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #234
HighTide

Send a message via AIM to HighTide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
I am upset that I just spent 2 hours of my life reading some posts from this site.

http://p196.ezboard.com/bsopranolandforum

These people are fanatics. Take a minute and read some of these.
Too many spoilers
HighTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #235
Bronko

Yea, but a lot of wild theories. Some great stuff there. Just shows how many directions this thing could go.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #236
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I don't know---that spoiler that was posted--and quickly removed--from Wickpedia earlier today certainly seems to jibe with what you could see in the trailer for next week.

We'll see.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #237
Diamond Tackle

I'm hoping for a really good shoot out scene like in the movie HEAT.
Tony is clutching some heavy artillery in that last scene where he lays down on the bed , looked like an Armalite AR-15.
Bullets are gonna fly, thats for sure.

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #238
HighTide

Send a message via AIM to HighTide
The missing Russian from the Pine Barrens episode will come busting out of the bedroom closet holding phil's severed head
HighTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #239
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTide View Post
The missing Russian from the Pine Barrens episode will come busting out of the bedroom closet holding phil's severed head
Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #240
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
I'm hoping for a really good shoot out scene like in the movie HEAT.
Tony is clutching some heavy artillery in that last scene where he lays down on the bed , looked like an Armalite AR-15.
Bullets are gonna fly, thats for sure.
It's the birthday gift from Bobby, back in the season's opener. One "too unsporting" to use on deer

Symbolicly used to avenge its donor's death?