Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Luxe Burger Bar on Facebook

I got the OK from the boss man just so everyone knows.

Guys and Girls of striped bass.com if you could please take a minute of your time and join our facebook page, we are having an inside the corporation competion of what restaurant can get the most new "like us" sign ups.

the link is:

LUXE Burger Bar - Restaurant - Providence, RI | Facebook

we are making a big marketing push on facebook, twitter and all other social media sites.

I dont peronsally have a fb page so i cant add any of you to my page.

Please "like us" and tell them that "chef chris" sent you so I get credit and can stop hearing the managemnet harp on me. Post a funny comment or whatever just nothing to get me in trouble please. Be creative!

We are also doing a BYOB (Build Your Own Burger) Contest of your dreams competion right now. Basically you pick out all the ingredients then add one special ingredient of your choice with is not listed on the options. The winning burger and maker will get to be on TV Maitre D with Joe Zito, their burger will be featured on our menu for one year, and $500 in Chow Fun Gift Card which is good at any of our five restaurants.

Thanks guys it will help me out a lot and get corporate off my back

If you guys stop in for dinner or lunch let the server or bartender know and Ill grab you a beer or something

Thanks Everybody.

STORMR Pro Staff Member
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Done, got to get me in that place some time!

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Raven

would love to help ya out chris
but i object to most of facebook policies
like spamming your friends for example
and every time you " liked" sumthin
they could use that as an advertisement
without your consent
so screw them and the horse they rode in on
~
i inherited that from my father
who used to go absolutely balistic
when american car manufacturers
started putting HUGE Logos on the back of cars
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Chef what's your tweeter link?

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #5
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoobob View Post
Chef what's your tweeter link?
excellent idea... Twitter i will do....

and or google +
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
iamskippy

here is the comment you requested - Done now where my buffalo calamari

Let hope Chef Chris can cook better then he can fish! But if he can build a burger like he can build plug, i'm all in! I mean he even wraps his plugs in foil!
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
tysdad115

Done sir. Good luck.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Done Chris

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
JackK
Not Jack

Just kidding, Luxe is major noms!
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Thanks guys, some good comments on there.

All the help is apperiacted.

Skippy bring my plug thats "been drying" for the last 4 months and my dvds and ill hook you up.

STORMR Pro Staff Member
Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

We do have a twitter account.

heres that link, if you guys use that too or instead of facbook please join.

Thanks again,

Chef

Twitter

STORMR Pro Staff Member
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
striperman36
Old Guy

How about that wasabi burger
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris401 View Post
Thanks guys, some good comments on there.

All the help is apperiacted.

Skippy bring my plug thats "been drying" for the last 4 months and my dvds and ill hook you up.
That thing is still tacky, like Tysdad's jokes. the DVD's are still sitting there as well.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
tysdad115

And unlike skips casts, social media marketing goes a long way.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
And unlike skips casts, social media marketing goes a long way.
hahaha lol nice .. and either do yours anymore.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #16
flyvice11787

Umm, I'm not going to LIKE until I see the waitresses here in a pool of jello .
flyvice11787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
iamskippy

Talking

Chef Chris was an excellent host, he took some time out of his busy day to shoot the breeze, but let’s get into the important stuff the food!

Food -
I brought JR with me who doesn't have much of an appetite; he can also be very fussy with his food. The restaurant had a nice ambiance about it. The restaurant had little music playing with nice beer/wine/drink selection. We started off with some buffalo calamari, very nice portion size, it was cooked excellently and was not overly spicy hot, and it also had some nice banana rings in it. This was a great way to start the burger building process. It really is a process, you have a10 stage check list to go down (totally awesome), and you really get to customize your burger. Stage 1 you pic your meat, you have many choices from turkey to Kobe beefs and vegi and tuna. For those of you who don’t like burgers they have a “build your own Mac and Cheese” section, seriously awesome.
So many option are available to you, you have sauce options, onion ring add on's Chili and more add on's and more, to where you start wondering, should i book a room at RI hospital now or later? And lets not forget about the option for fries or, custom made tator tot's OMFG is all i can say. I had these smothered with chili, extra Sharpe cheddar, bacon, and sour cream. and of course i was chasing all these gastronomical delights down with a Longboard.

Service -
Our waiter was an over achieving young lad, he was very astute and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. He was well versed in the menu and the multitude of options for your pending heart attack, The food came very quickly, much faster than i was expecting, i was planning on waiting at least 20 - 25 min for the burger and it was there with in 10 cooked just the way we wanted then.

Just to give you an example of how good the food was, try to get a 16 year old not to eat his fries first then the burger. The food was so good he pushed the fries aside and ate the entire burger! I have never seen him do that, it was worth listening to him complain on the way home that he couldn't move, but yet he wanted more... All he kept talking about is when we can go back.

So in summary, if you get a chance go visit Chef Chris at Luxe Burger you will not disappointed!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
Chef Chris was an excellent host, he took some time out of his busy day to shoot the breeze, but let’s get into the important stuff the food!

Food -
I brought JR with me who doesn't have much of an appetite; he can also be very fussy with his food. The restaurant had a nice ambiance about it. The restaurant had little music playing with nice beer/wine/drink selection. We started off with some buffalo calamari, very nice portion size, it was cooked excellently and was not overly spicy hot, and it also had some nice banana rings in it. This was a great way to start the burger building process. It really is a process, you have a10 stage check list to go down (totally awesome), and you really get to customize your burger. Stage 1 you pic your meat, you have many choices from turkey to Kobe beefs and vegi and tuna. For those of you who don’t like burgers they have a “build your own Mac and Cheese” section, seriously awesome.
So many option are available to you, you have sauce options, onion ring add on's Chili and more add on's and more, to where you start wondering, should i book a room at RI hospital now or later? And lets not forget about the option for fries or, custom made tator tot's OMFG is all i can say. I had these smothered with chili, extra Sharpe cheddar, bacon, and sour cream. and of course i was chasing all these gastronomical delights down with a Longboard.

Service -
Our waiter was an over achieving young lad, he was very astute and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. He was well versed in the menu and the multitude of options for your pending heart attack, The food came very quickly, much faster than i was expecting, i was planning on waiting at least 20 - 25 min for the burger and it was there with in 10 cooked just the way we wanted then.

Just to give you an example of how good the food was, try to get a 16 year old not to eat his fries first then the burger. The food was so good he pushed the fries aside and ate the entire burger! I have never seen him do that, it was worth listening to him complain on the way home that he couldn't move, but yet he wanted more... All he kept talking about is when we can go back.

So in summary, if you get a chance go visit Chef Chris at Luxe Burger you will not disappointed!
after that review, how can I NOT!
thanks skip

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post

Food -

Service -

And you can always trust a fat guys opinion of a burger .....
Old 08-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #20
stinkyink
Rockhoppin Dan

Don't have facebook or twit chef. Sorry dude. But I do love the Sunday's buy one get one!!

Don't force it feel it.
stinkyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #21
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Thanks guys for joining up and posting some comments!!

The FB page is getting a lot of attention.

make sure if you stop in to say hi.

STORMR Pro Staff Member
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #22
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

I threw you a shout out. Give me a couple of months and I will come down with the wife and kid
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Done! Going to try to stop by on vacation next week.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #24
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlapinski View Post
Done! Going to try to stop by on vacation next week.
Make sure you get some Buffalo calamari!