Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-11-2020, 07:15 AM   #151
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Michelle Obama in there, who I don't think we'd have a prayer against.

Agree, she would mop the floor with Trump, but she isn't running. Full stop.

Sleeper pick for VP is Susan Rice though......

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #152
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Agree, she would mop the floor with Trump, but she isn't running. Full stop.

Sleeper pick for VP is Susan Rice though......
Nobody is worried about Susan Rice. I hope you're right about Michelle, and I do think you're right. Man I hope so.

I'm still thinking Warren, I think it needs to be somebody the Bernie progressives can get behind.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #153
scottw

biden will be more fun....hang in there sleepy joe!
Old 05-11-2020, 07:19 AM   #154
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
biden will be more fun....hang in there sleepy joe!
I'm sure it will be Biden, unless he deteriorates to the point where he has to step aside. He's fading fast.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:25 AM   #155
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
I'm still thinking Warren, I think it needs to be somebody the Bernie progressives can get behind.
Really, African-American woman that moderate democrats can support? Seems in-line with Biden. I don't think he goes for Warren, but maybe. I hope he doesn't go for Abrams, too untested on the national stage.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #156
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Really, African-American woman that moderate democrats can support? Seems in-line with Biden. I don't think he goes for Warren, but maybe. I hope he doesn't go for Abrams, too untested on the national stage.
I agree she's in line with Biden. But I was thinking, and I could well be wrong, that he needs someone who the progressive wing will like, because they don't like him, they wanted Bernie, and if Bernie supporters stay home like many did in 2016, he can't win. But Warren isn't going to win over any independents in swing states, but who knows if VPs ever do that.

From my perspective I would love if he picked Abrams as I think she'd prove to be very Sara Palin-like. State legislature to VP is a huge leap as you said.

It will be an interesting choice. Depends on which boxes they think are most important to check off.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #157
wdmso

Quote:
She's doing a piece for the New Yorker with Farrow that will be out before the election. Everyone on the left knows this will hurt Biden and make them look like the hypocrites they are on the issue of "believe all women". It's not insurmountable of course, especially not against Trump.

Surprised Farrow is doing this, as he's also a liberal democrat who knows this will help Trump. Unless he hopes that it gets the power brokers to shove Biden aside and put Michelle Obama in there, who I don't think we'd have a prayer against.
you assume hes doing this to prove her right? What will you say when the story isn't what you've predected
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #158
Pete F.
Canceled

I've heard that Ronan's investigating this part of the story also.

It looks like Tara Reade was charged with check fraud on August 2, 1993, and the Biden Senate office forced her to resign in lieu of termination within the end of the week. It looks like her third strike, she'd been docked twice before.

Suddenly this whole tawdry spectacle makes a lot of sense...

Can't tell Mom she was fired, Mom calls the radio talk show

Can't admit to her friends she was fired, makes up various stories

And on and on

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #159
Sea Dangles

Thanks for clearing it up Bitchslappedboy
Old 05-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you assume hes doing this to prove her right? What will you say when the story isn't what you've predected
So she is working with Ronan Farrow to disprove her claim. Makes all kinds of sense.

Again, how do YOU know how it will end? Amazingly, you always know more than what's reported, and also amazingly, your additional knowledge always makes it more favorable to the left.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:58 PM   #161
Jim in CT

Quote:
So she is working with Ronan Farrow to disprove her claim. Makes all kinds of sense.

Again, how do YOU know how it will end? Amazingly, you always know more than what's reported, and also amazingly, your additional knowledge always makes it more favorable to the left.

It may turn out she made up the whole thing because the Koch brothers paid her to do so. But how do you already know that it's not just what she says?
Old 05-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #162
wdmso

Quote:

I dont know how it ends .. your the one making predictions on the outcome or did you forget

She's doing a piece for the New Yorker with Farrow that will be out before the election. Everyone on the left knows this will hurt Biden and make them look like the hypocrites they are on the issue of "believe all women".

Surprised Farrow is doing this, as he's also a liberal democrat who knows this will help Trump
Old 05-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #163
Jim in CT

Quote:
I dont know how it ends .. your the one making predictions on the outcome or did you forget

She's doing a piece for the New Yorker with Farrow that will be out before the election. Everyone on the left knows this will hurt Biden and make them look like the hypocrites they are on the issue of "believe all women".

Surprised Farrow is doing this, as he's also a liberal democrat who knows this will help Trump
"I dont know how it ends .. your the one making predictions on the outcome or did you forget "

You posted this a few minutes ago: 'What will you say when the story isn't what you've predected'

How do you know my prediction (whatever that was) will be wrong?

You deny this hurts Biden, you deny this makes the left look like hypocrites on this issue? You say so!
Old 05-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #164
wdmso

Quote:
"I dont know how it ends .. your the one making predictions on the outcome or did you forget "

You posted this a few minutes ago: 'What will you say when the story isn't what you've predected'

How do you know my prediction (whatever that was) will be wrong?

You deny this hurts Biden, you deny this makes the left look like hypocrites on this issue? You say so!
It only hurts biden in your mind and on fox ..

Own it you made a prediction and now your saying you didn't... please ..
Old 05-11-2020, 05:28 PM   #165
spence

I don’t think it hurts Biden at all unless there’s a big change. He’s going to pick a female VP and the opponent has as bad of a track record with women as you can get.

Big thing Biden has to do is articulate a value statement for electing him. Clinton struggled with this. Trump just spread lies and fear but negative advertising does tend to work.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #166
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

It is amazing that you claim to know the rest of the story and that the only story Ronan is willing to tell is that men abuse women. Quite the opposite of what you claim the truth to be. Or is your story taking a new spin?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #167
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It is amazing that you claim to know the rest of the story and that the only story Ronan is willing to tell is that men abuse women. Quite the opposite of what you claim the truth to be. Or is your story taking a new spin?
When did I claim to know anything that's not public knowledge? I guess I'm speculating that Reade didn't agree to work with him for the intent of bashing her credibility. I think that's a safe bet.

'the only story Ronan is willing to tell is that men abuse women."

When did I say anything like that?
Old 05-11-2020, 05:59 PM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don’t think it hurts Biden at all unless there’s a big change. He’s going to pick a female VP and the opponent has as bad of a track record with women as you can get.

Big thing Biden has to do is articulate a value statement for electing him. Clinton struggled with this. Trump just spread lies and fear but negative advertising does tend to work.
"I don’t think it hurts Biden at all unless there’s a big change."

We are all stunned that you take this position. We all have to lie down.

Can I ask you, what happened to Biden's deeply held principle that we have an obligation to believe (not just 'hear', but believe) all women? What happened to that liberal conviction? Did I take it out of context when Biden himself said you have to resume they're telling the truth? Was that just his dementia?

"Big thing Biden has to do is articulate a value statement for electing him"

Good luck with that,,,"four score and...we hold these, truths to be self, man, I mean man, ...Trump wants to put y'all back in chains. Can I go lie down now?"

"He’s going to pick a female VP "

Big whoop from that list.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:23 PM   #169
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
When did I claim to know anything that's not public knowledge? I guess I'm speculating that Reade didn't agree to work with him for the intent of bashing her credibility. I think that's a safe bet.

Only one part of what you claim can be true
Part A I'm speculating that Reade didn't agree to work with him for the intent of bashing her credibility.
Part B the only story Ronan is willing to tell is that men abuse women."When did I say anything like that?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #170
Jim in CT

Quote:
Only one part of what you claim can be true
Part A I'm speculating that Reade didn't agree to work with him for the intent of bashing her credibility.
Part B the only story Ronan is willing to tell is that men abuse women."When did I say anything like that?
Please post where I said that Farrow will only write about men busing women. Let's start with that. I never said anything remotely close to that. Maybe you got bitchslapped one too many times?

You are making stuff up out of thin air, because you cannot respond to reality.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #171
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:

So tough guy, how are the truck stops?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #172
Jim in CT

Quote:
So tough guy, how are the truck stops?
i said, in this case, chances are Reade brought him in to help tell her story. I said nothing about the rest of farrows career.

so when i sat it’s unlikely Reade brought Farrow in to torpedo her, somehow you took that to mean that Farrows entire career is blaming men? i’m talking about this story, this one story.
my god man. you don’t think it’s possible for me to say he’s probably siding with the woman on this one story, but his career is defined by writing many different stories? why is it all or nothing? that’s how giy are with everything, trump is always wrong, anyone who agrees with him once is a trumplican.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:15 PM   #173
Pete F.
Canceled

You think Ronan is only interested in one side of the story?
That there is no advantage to him finding a story that contradicts the belief of the rabble that thinks he is only the me too man?
You are a simple boy

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #174
Jim in CT

Quote:
You think Ronan is only interested in one side of the story?
That there is no advantage to him finding a story that contradicts the belief of the rabble that thinks he is only the me too man?
You are a simple boy
instead of making idiotic guesses as to what i’m thinking, just ask me.

why on earth would Tara Reade collaborate with Farrow, if his angle was to undermine her claim?

he’s not working on his own, they are working together.

but don’t worry, an anonymous former white house staffer says biden is doing great. Faced with that, Trump will probably just drop out:
Old 05-12-2020, 06:42 AM   #175
wdmso

Quote:
instead of making idiotic guesses as to what i’m thinking, just ask me.

why on earth would Tara Reade collaborate with Farrow, if his angle was to undermine her claim? Why do people say their kids have cancer when they dont.. and have fundraiser
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
he’s not working on his own, they are working together. Wow now that's an interesting take on his participation

but don’t worry, an anonymous former white house staffer says biden is doing great. Faced with that, Trump will probably just drop out:

If only you cared so much for the current POTUS character before you voted from him and defend his every action against every critic as suffering from TDS. you might have some solid ground to stand on, in your criticisms of Biden and the left ... and please let's not hear about your random distancing for Trump as your evidence of your not one of his faithful

Last edited by wdmso; 05-12-2020 at 06:49 AM..
Old 05-12-2020, 06:51 AM   #176
Sea Dangles

Orange base bad
Old 05-12-2020, 07:54 AM   #177
Jim in CT

Quote:
If only you cared so much for the current POTUS character before you voted from him and defend his every action against every critic as suffering from TDS. you might have some solid ground to stand on, in your criticisms of Biden and the left ... and please let's not hear about your random distancing for Trump as your evidence of your not one of his faithful
"Why do people say their kids have cancer when they dont.. and have fundraiser"

OK. And if you have any evidence that she is a broken person who made this up for attention (which is possible), please share. Otherwise, you are making stuff up because that's what you want the situation to be. Biden has long been known for being handsy with women. How many women have accused him of inappropriate touching? 6 or 7? But let's make a big deal that Pence will not allow himself to be put in that situation.

'now that's an interesting take on his participation '

How would you describe it? And based on what?

"If only you cared so much for the current POTUS character before you voted from him '

And now, in classic desperate liberal fashion, you are moving the goalposts. I never said character was the main concern for me in a POTUS, if it was, I couldn't vote for Trump. I have said a thousand times, I care about results. I settled on that belief during the Bill Clinton presidency. He is an absolute scumbag, a degenerate, pathetic excuse for a man, a husband, and a father. But he did good things as a POTUS. Back then, the liberals only cared about the results of his policies not his character, and I decided they were right.

I am true to that position. It's your side who keeps flip-flopping. When Clinton was President, liberals said his moral compass didn't matter. When Trump got elected, suddenly personal ethics were all that mattered.

Whatever works at the time, is what liberals believe. For sure, there are all kinds of issues of conservative hypocrisy (concern over debt being the most obvious). On this issue, your side looks ridiculously silly and totally devoid of any meaningful principles. Not long ago, Biden himself said we had an obligation to believe all women. Not to "respect" them, not to "hear" them, but to believe them.

Now, not so much. Didn't last very long, did it.

"of your not one of his faithful "

I'm not faithful to Trump. I am faithful to whichever candidate will do a better job of growing the economy, protecting the unborn, killing terrorists, and respecting the Constitution. At this time, that means Republicans. That may change, but as of right now, the democrats are getting much further away from those ideas, not moving closer. When Joe Biden is considered too moderate for much of the democratic party, that tells you how far they've lurched to the left in 15 years.