Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I don't think there is any comparison between the daily insults you and the other conserv. throw out here. .
In other words, no, you have never criticized a democrat. Pete went after TDFs children, called my mother a truck stop whore, called my wife Da Pussy. You can't speak against it. But I make fin of Rachael Maddow, and you get all bent out of shape.

Paul, all that matters is politics. We get it.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #92
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In other words, no, you have never criticized a democrat. Pete went after TDFs children, called my mother a truck stop whore, called my wife Da Pussy. You can't speak against it. But I make fin of Rachael Maddow, and you get all bent out of shape.

Paul, all that matters is politics. We get it.
You're constantly insulting people here - even PRIOR to anyone saying a word to you. You start posts with insults in them. So don't claim you don't have a part in it. He didn't call your mom a whore - he asked if she was. Bad but not quite the same. Your on here 7 days a week - night and day. You refer to Dems as "the other side" as if people are at war. TDF can defend himself and I don't think he needs you. You've complained that Pete makes too many posts but for 8-10 years you had by far the most posts here. So how much is too many posts? Is it one more than you make?
Old 05-14-2020, 02:31 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
So don't claim you don't have a part in it. He didn't call your mom a whore - he asked if she was. Bad but not quite the same. Your on here 7 days a week - night and day. You refer to Dems as "the other side" as if people are at war. TDF can defend himself and I don't think he needs you. You've complained that Pete makes too many posts but for 8-10 years you had by far the most posts here. So how much is too many posts? Is it one more than you make?
"So don't claim you don't have a part in it" I never, ever claimed I don't do it.

"He didn't call your mom a whore - he asked if she was"

If that's true, it's a distinction without any difference. He didn't make interrogatories about my wife or a bout TDF's children. He made statements. Statements that you didn't object to. Not only did you not object to what he said about TDF's kids, you objected when I called him out on it. You had no problem with what Pete said, but you had a problem when I called him out. But when you don't like what someone says, it's heroic when you call them out. Go ahead and explain that.

"TDF can defend himself and I don't think he needs you"

Yes he can, you're right. Apparently the only one who can't defend himself, is the only tattletale here. That's you. And again, it's OK when YOU criticize me for insulting others, but when I criticize someone else for insults, you say the insult recipient doesn't need my help. Does Rachael Maddow, Hilary Clinton, and Dan Malloy need your help? WHy do you defend them against me? How is that any different than what I did? Here's the difference. TDF is here, and they're not, and TDFs kids didn't do anything to Pete. So I'd call him out again for that in a second.

You and I are doing the same exact thing (we both use insults, we both criticize others for using over-the-top insults), but it's heroic when you do it, problematic when I do it.

"You've complained that Pete makes too many posts "

I point out, correctly (not complain) about how many anti-Trump threads he starts. I don't care how often he posts in a general sense. I could care less, and don't keep track, wouldn't even know how to look it up.

When you stop using insults, I'll recognize your position to tell me not to do the same. When you stop calling others out when they use insults you don't like, I'll recognize your position to tell me not to do the same.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-14-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Old 05-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #94
PaulS

For some reason you fail to recognize that you constantly insult people first something I normally do not do. As far as telling Pete to stop with the insults I'll do that when he starts insulting me. There is no comparison between you and I here or you and anyone else. You need to recognize that since you've been on this forum it is going downhill with your constant insults.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #95
detbuch

Jim, please don't respond to this. TDF said "At some point somebody has to be the bigger man." Between you and PaulS, I think you're the bigger man. Let it rest. It's not going anywhere relevant or meaningful to the rest of us.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:09 PM   #96
PaulS

Ouch
Old 05-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Jim, please don't respond to this. TDF said "At some point somebody has to be the bigger man." Between you and PaulS, I think you're the bigger man. Let it rest. It's not going anywhere relevant or meaningful to the rest of us.
I do respect guys like TDF who don't ever take the bait when someone else throws an elbow, and I do aspire to that, and I routinely fall short, obviously.

I try to make a point not to argue with someone when they are obviously correct, as you are here! So OK.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:20 PM   #98
PaulS

Quote:

I try to make a point not to argue with someone when they are obviously correct, as you are here! So OK.
Ouch
Old 05-14-2020, 07:56 PM   #99
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Both of you need to knock it off and get back on topic or you're both getting a vacation.

And I don't care who starts it, takes two to have a pissing contest. At some point somebody has to be the bigger man.
Whiners gonna whine

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-15-2020, 07:10 AM   #100
PaulS

Roly - Exactly, look who posted directly below that request.

Then the debutch tries to insult me by saying Jim is the better man (his insults are the reason I and many other ignore him) and then Jim basically says " I agree with you, I am better than Paul"

You guys throw so many insults around you don't even recognize when you do it anymore.

Last edited by PaulS; 05-15-2020 at 07:16 AM..
Old 05-15-2020, 07:33 AM   #101
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Then the debutch tries to insult me by saying Jim is the better man (his insults are the reason I and many other ignore him) and then Jim basically says " I agree with you, I am better than Paul"

You guys throw so many insults around you don't even recognize when you do it anymore.
No need to justify your stupidity friend. I have accepted you as is.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-15-2020, 07:38 AM   #102
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
No need to justify your stupidity friend. I have accepted you as is.
I told you I would never associate with a vile scummy person like you.

Where were you yesterday? Trying to find a job to earn some $.

You pathetic overweight loser.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:57 AM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:

Paul, what i was agreeing to in Detbuchs post, is that i should stop engaging in trading insults. that’s what i meant, nothing more. You get to choose whether or not to believe me. Fair enough?
Old 05-15-2020, 08:08 AM   #104
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, what i was agreeing to in Detbuchs post, is that i should stop engaging in trading insults. that’s what i meant, nothing more. You get to choose whether or not to believe me. Fair enough?
Fair enough.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #105
scottw

Quote:
Fair enough.
a breakthrough....I give it 45 minutes
Old 05-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #106
Jim in CT

Quote:
Fair enough.
That's a start.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #107
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I told you I would never associate with a vile scummy person like you.

Where were you yesterday? Trying to find a job to earn some $.

You pathetic overweight loser.
You can’t be smart.

The reason I make this statement should be obvious. Allow me to explain...

You have stated many times how you don’t associate with people like me. No problem,you have a choice and I respect that. Yet the very next sentence is a question.....which means you are attempting to engage me.
THIS IS ASSOCIATING WITH ME

You can’t be even a little smart.
Now start your next whine.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #108
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
You can’t be smart.

The reason I make this statement should be obvious. Allow me to explain...

You have stated many times how you don’t associate with people like me. No problem,you have a choice and I respect that. Yet the very next sentence is a question.....which means you are attempting to engage me.
THIS IS ASSOCIATING WITH ME

You can’t be even a little smart.
Now start your next whine.
By associating I mean hanging out, going fishing, having a drink. Would not want to do that.

I will insult you back whenever I see you insult me.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:36 AM   #109
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
a breakthrough....I give it 45 minutes
9:10 to 9:57....almost nailed it
Old 05-15-2020, 10:17 AM   #110
Sea Dangles

Quote:
By associating I mean hanging out, going fishing, having a drink. Would not want to do that.

I will insult you back whenever I see you insult me.
You are aware of what associating actually means?
Asking for a friend

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #111
PaulS

Sure I know.