Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #1
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Thumbs down hillarycare rears its ugly head again

Sen. Clinton Vows To Establish Universal Health Care System if Elected President in 2008
[Mar 27, 2007]

Presidential candidate Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) on Monday during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" broadcast from Iowa said that as president she would seek to establish a universal health insurance system, the AP/Detroit Free Press reports. At the Science Center of Iowa, Clinton spoke to more than 200 activists at a town hall meeting about health care issues. Clinton said, "We're going to have universal health care when I'm president -- there's no doubt about that. We're going to get it done." In reference to her failed effort to establish a universal health insurance system in 1994, Clinton said that "we're in a better position today to do that," because the number of U.S. residents who lack coverage has increased and because "so many people with insurance have found it's difficult to get health care because the insurance companies deny you what you need." She added, "I believe the American people are going to make this an issue." Clinton said she has not "set out a plan and said here's exactly what I will do" because she wants "the ideas that people have." In addition, Clinton disagreed with a claim from rival former Sen. John Edwards (D-N.C.) that taxes would have to increase to finance a universal health insurance system. She said, "We've got to get the costs under control," adding, "Why would we put more money into a dysfunctional system?" (Glover, AP/Detroit Free Press, 3/26).

Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

great! DMV, post office, Immigration and Naturalization, IRS,FBI, CIA, lets add healthcare to all the well run government institutions!

I can't wait to wait in line, have numerous forms and have my doctor's appoinments approved by some goverment clerk!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Billary

That not probable/possible financially or otherwise. So that makes what she said a blatant, well you know.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
Nebe

hey at least her focus is on domestic policy and not trying to be a nation building idealist like someone else.

shes not my first pick thats for sure.