Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-08-2022, 10:37 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
every single criminal law, is a case of others imposing their beliefs on others. it’s not new, Nebe.

of course you go right to the most extreme, and very rare, example. not many places will disallow it in the case of rape.

the data s clear, most abortions are purely elective, performed on healthy women who had consensual
sex
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster announces he will call a special session to immediately pass abortion criminalization without any exceptions.
Alabama GOP will ban abortion immediately following the Dobbs decision becoming official, with a law that does not currently contain any exceptions for rape or incest.
North Carolina GOP lawmakers will make it their main priority to pass full abortion criminalization in early 2023.
Idaho GOP openly discussing the idea of banning not only Plan B, but IUDs.
Alaska GOP rejects its own state court rulings on abortion, calls for a state constitutional convention to permanently criminalize abortion.
Kansas GOP leading a push to remove abortion protections guaranteed to Kansans by their state constitution.
Florida Sen. Lil Marco introducing federal legislation to punish private companies that provide travel benefits for women to obtain abortions in states where they are legal.
West Virginia leaving in place a 19th Century anti-abortion law that makes obtaining an abortion punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
Ohio GOP debating two trigger laws that would immediately ban abortion once Roe is overturned.
- Ohio GOP trying to reinstate a fetal heartbeat law stuck in the courts.
- Idaho passing a law authorizing civil lawsuits against abortion clinics/providers.
Arkansas GOP trigger law would make it a felony to obtain an abortion
- North Dakota GOP Gov. @KristiNoem pledges a special legislative session to pass new abortion restrictions
- Oklahoma GOP passes Texas-style abortion "Bounty Hunter" law
Missouri GOP debating bill to ban women from traveling out of state for abortions
- Louisiana GOP declaring life begins "at fertilization"
- Tennessee GOP law makes it a felony (with a $50K fine) to recieve abortion medication via mail
AZ Senate candidate calls for state bans on condoms
- TN Sen. MarshaBlackburn calls for contraception ban except for married couples
And last but not least, LeaderMcConnell floats a "possible" national abortion ban

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-09-2022, 07:42 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster announces he will call a special session to immediately pass abortion criminalization without any exceptions.
Alabama GOP will ban abortion immediately following the Dobbs decision becoming official, with a law that does not currently contain any exceptions for rape or incest.
North Carolina GOP lawmakers will make it their main priority to pass full abortion criminalization in early 2023.
Idaho GOP openly discussing the idea of banning not only Plan B, but IUDs.
Alaska GOP rejects its own state court rulings on abortion, calls for a state constitutional convention to permanently criminalize abortion.
Kansas GOP leading a push to remove abortion protections guaranteed to Kansans by their state constitution.
Florida Sen. Lil Marco introducing federal legislation to punish private companies that provide travel benefits for women to obtain abortions in states where they are legal.
West Virginia leaving in place a 19th Century anti-abortion law that makes obtaining an abortion punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
Ohio GOP debating two trigger laws that would immediately ban abortion once Roe is overturned.
- Ohio GOP trying to reinstate a fetal heartbeat law stuck in the courts.
- Idaho passing a law authorizing civil lawsuits against abortion clinics/providers.
Arkansas GOP trigger law would make it a felony to obtain an abortion
- North Dakota GOP Gov. @KristiNoem pledges a special legislative session to pass new abortion restrictions
- Oklahoma GOP passes Texas-style abortion "Bounty Hunter" law
Missouri GOP debating bill to ban women from traveling out of state for abortions
- Louisiana GOP declaring life begins "at fertilization"
- Tennessee GOP law makes it a felony (with a $50K fine) to recieve abortion medication via mail
AZ Senate candidate calls for state bans on condoms
- TN Sen. MarshaBlackburn calls for contraception ban except for married couples
And last but not least, LeaderMcConnell floats a "possible" national abortion ban
Hyperbole all just hyperbole
Old 05-09-2022, 08:21 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Hyperbole all just hyperbole
but it only lasts, if people
there want it.

If a majority of people in SC want a total ban, and the constitution doesn’t prohibit it, then they SHOULD get it. That’s called “democracy.”

If they implement a total ban and no one wants it, the citizens will
elect new people. That’s how it works. That’s why it’s better if elected representatives do it in each state, rather then 9 unelected lawyers doing it for the whole country.

Your side is showing, not for the first time, the disdain it has for democracy.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Legal abortion *in the first trimester* is very solidly popular and also accounts for a very large majority of actual abortions that happen.

There is a clear winning position here if anyone wants it.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:03 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but it only lasts, if people
there want it.

If a majority of people in SC want a total ban, and the constitution doesn’t prohibit it, then they SHOULD get it. That’s called “democracy.”

If they implement a total ban and no one wants it, the citizens will
elect new people. That’s how it works. That’s why it’s better if elected representatives do it in each state, rather then 9 unelected lawyers doing it for the whole country.

Your side is showing, not for the first time, the disdain it has for democracy.
Jim Republicans are cowards they will never put abortion on the ballot odd you call gerrymandering and the republicans have done such a great job they can’t lose it rigged at the state house .. keep calling that Democracy..

Let SC and all the states put abortion on the ballot ban it on a state wide referendum! And respect the will of the people not the will of the Donors
Old 05-09-2022, 01:15 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim Republicans are cowards they will never put abortion on the ballot odd you call gerrymandering and the republicans have done such a great job they can’t lose it rigged at the state house .. keep calling that Democracy..

Let SC and all the states put abortion on the ballot ban it on a state wide referendum! And respect the will of the people not the will of the Donors
"Jim Republicans are cowards they will never put abortion on the ballot "

States are already implementing "trigger laws" to implement abortion bans the second after Roe is overturned. And the Governors and legislators who are passing those laws, are not appointed for life, they get re-elected. So once again, you are making up demonstrably false gibberish. You think republicans in SC, TX, and OK are afraid of abortion? They're afraid of not passing abortion laws.

Where on Earth do you get this stuff?

"odd you call gerrymandering and the republicans have done such a great job they can’t lose it rigged at the state house .. keep calling that Democracy."

I live in CT. Here, the democrats gerrymandered the one red district, they re-drew it to include enough of the city of Waterbury, to keep it blue. Why is it OK when democrats do it?

For the tenth time, can you tell us how gerrymandering helps anyone in a statewide race? Governors races, US senate races, does gerrymandering do ANYTHING?

"Let SC and all the states put abortion on the ballot ban it on a state wide referendum! "

I'm OK with either a referendum, or with having regularly elected politicians do it. It gets you to pretty much the same place.

"And respect the will of the people not the will of the Donors"

You don't need a referendum to reflect the will of the people. Regular elections do that.

You know what doesn't reflect the will of the people? Having 9 unelected lawyers decide huge issues for the whole country. No thanks.

Will you criticize blue states for not putting their abortion plans to a statewide referendum?
Old 05-19-2022, 05:27 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

George Carlin clip from 20 years ago still rings true today, the conservatives are all pro life for the unborn and once your are born your on your own. The GOP I think my have screwed themselves with their obsession with getting Row overturned and Trump endorsement of nut jobs is the icing on the cake. Not that Democrats might drop the ball, but the right has made campaigning easy for the left.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:33 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
George Carlin clip from 20 years ago still rings true today, the conservatives are all pro life for the unborn and once your are born your on your own. The GOP I think my have screwed themselves with their obsession with getting Row overturned and Trump endorsement of nut jobs is the icing on the cake. Not that Democrats might drop the ball, but the right has made campaigning easy for the left.
please tell me why the data shows that conservatives are slightly more charitable than. liberals, if you’re on your own once you’re born. I’d love to hear your explanation. Look at the condition of cities, mostly run by liberals. Is that the result of being led by politicians who truly care for those residents?

The Roe draft will galvanize the majority who don’t want it overturned. But if gas is over $5, inflation is still high and the stock
market is tanking and we’re in a recession? who knows which prevails

But it has to hurt the right, the question is how much.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:59 PM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

George says it best.

https://youtu.be/uHRaUUlD00w
Old 05-21-2022, 09:26 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s whole states run by Republicans that have more issues than “some cities”

Senator Bill Cassidy on the state of Louisiana having one of the worst maternal mortality rates in the nation:

"We wouldn't be much of an outlier if you subtract the African American population from our numbers."