Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-23-2022, 09:20 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Politico: 2 congressional democrats say nobody gives a bleep about january 6th hearin

not when gas is $5.00 and a burger and fries costs $15 and 401ks and college savings plans are dropping and a recession looming…

My wife is going back to work in the fall after almost 15 years at home with kids. Not everyone’s that fortunate. And thats obviously what they’re concerned about, they’d be bonkers to be more concerned about anything else.

It’s not all Bidens fault. But it’s all his problem. And he’s laughably incompetent.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/politi...kers-january-6
Old 06-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #2
PaulS

Prob. right. Just shows how in denial many (75%??) Rs are in ignoring how close our democracy came to collapsing and willing to ignore how sleazy DT is.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:05 AM   #3
wdmso

Thumbs up

Jim I guess Conservatives and Republicans can't deal with 2 things at the same Time ..

The GOP just loves watching Americans struggle ... then they get elected and they never try fix it ! they just run around yelling it's everyone else fault .and the cycle continues
Old 06-23-2022, 11:32 AM   #4
Nebe

Chalk it up to the dumbing down of America
Old 06-23-2022, 01:13 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim I guess Conservatives and Republicans can't deal with 2 things at the same Time ..

The GOP just loves watching Americans struggle ... then they get elected and they never try fix it ! they just run around yelling it's everyone else fault .and the cycle continues
the subprime mortgage crisis is why obama won. this kid the same exact thing, except now you’re on the receiving end. too bad.

people
are panicky, and the party in charge will usually get creamed.

and it’s also independents that hate the democrats right now, not just the gop.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-23-2022, 02:01 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually Jim, hate only drives your MAGA horde.
It’s all you have
Old 06-23-2022, 03:34 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the subprime mortgage crisis is why obama won. this kid the same exact thing, except now you’re on the receiving end. too bad.

people
are panicky, and the party in charge will usually get creamed.

and it’s also independents that hate the democrats right now, not just the gop.
jim I get why you’re all in on but but Biden and see inflation a bigger threat against Americans then Trump and Republicans trying to steal the election and install Trump who clearly was being lead by the nose as a puppet by members of the Republican Party

Because we all know he’s not smart enough to plan this on his own!

What I don’t understand is why what Trump and the GOP attempted to do
Barely gets a comment

But Biden promising to cure cancer sends you off the deep end ?
Old 06-23-2022, 03:50 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim doesn’t want to address the obvious question, what if Trump had succeeded and the far right claimed absolute and forever power and American votes no longer meant anything. Jim has a perpetual hard on just waiting in anticipation of what historically happens at the mid terms, he will cum explosively when the right takes back control. Be careful about what you wish for, unless you are prepared to live under an autocratic rule.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:35 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim doesn’t want to address the obvious question, what if Trump had succeeded and the far right claimed absolute and forever power and American votes no longer meant anything. Jim has a perpetual hard on just waiting in anticipation of what historically happens at the mid terms, he will cum explosively when the right takes back control. Be careful about what you wish for, unless you are prepared to live under an autocratic rule.
He’s not the only person here who has attempted to minimize what was happening prior to Jan 6th attack they convinced themselves they were not related .

In video testimony to the Jan. 6 committee, Trump White House aides identified the lawmakers as Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Louie Gohmert (Tex.) and Scott Perry (Pa.). “The only reason I know to ask for a pardon is because you think you've committed a crime,”

But Hunter Biden’s laptop!! In their eyes that’s the real crime
Old 06-23-2022, 06:48 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
what if the congressional
democrats had succeeded in 2016? would that have been less bad? borneo you, “ because they didn’t write it down”. so to you, a coup is ok as long as you do t write it down. That makes all kinds of sense.

if he succeeded, i’d be screaming g from
the rooftops that he has to go. but not one of you will
criticize the democrats who tried to steal it in 2016.

do which one of us has principles, and which doesn’t?
Old 06-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
what if the congressional
democrats had succeeded in 2016? would that have been less bad? borneo you, “ because they didn’t write it down”. so to you, a coup is ok as long as you do t write it down. That makes all kinds of sense.

if he succeeded, i’d be screaming g from
the rooftops that he has to go. but not one of you will
criticize the democrats who tried to steal it in 2016.

do which one of us has principles, and which doesn’t?
OMG Jim really you think you can relate the two, I am now convinced you are a lost whataboutism child. Let me ask, have you watched any of the hearings and if so (which I doubt), I’d love to hear you explain how the scope of what Trump and his nuts attempted is even in the same universe to a few democrats verbalizing and not acting on their beliefs compares.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:05 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
OMG Jim really you think you can relate the two, I am now convinced you are a lost whataboutism child. Let me ask, have you watched any of the hearings and if so (which I doubt), I’d love to hear you explain how the scope of what Trump and his nuts attempted is even in the same universe to a few democrats verbalizing and not acting on their beliefs compares.
Jim doesn’t have a clue about anything if you haven’t realized by now.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:15 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
as you said, there is no comparison. the democrats didnt. write it down.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:21 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

what Trump and his nuts attempted is even in the same universe to a few democrats verbalizing and not acting on their beliefs compares.
like trump saying he'd date his daughter if she wasn't his daughter and biden actually showering with his daughter...
Old 06-24-2022, 06:09 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
i think trump should never be allowed to run again.

you’re fine with those congressional
democrats still being in office, when they tried to overturn an election because they lost. because they didn’t write it down.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:56 AM   #16
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
like trump saying he'd date his daughter if she wasn't his daughter and biden actually showering with his daughter...
Look who shows up with another pedo suggestion

He changed her diaper also..

It’s telling what you believe and what you ignore
Old 06-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:

Why Jim let’s hear the why

democrats still being in office, when they tried to overturn an election because they lost. because they didn’t write it down.
Still living in an alternative reality are we..

Denial. Don’t even know I am lying

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...rs/4130307001/

Go here they have graphs and pictures they lay it out

Trump was on the fraud kick in the Republican primary’s

Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it. That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!
Old 06-24-2022, 11:07 AM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

I’m not fine with anyone being in office after two terms and IMHO lifetime appointments on the Supreme Court just allows either side to stack the deck, which isn’t in the countries best interest.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:11 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m not fine with anyone being in office after two terms and IMHO lifetime appointments on the Supreme Court just allows either side to stack the deck, which isn’t in the countries best interest.
you said it was on that congressional
democrats tried to steal the 2016 election, because they didn’t write their it down. That just reeks of common sense.

Agree 100% on term
limits, would
solve a lot of problems.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:30 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
you said it was on that congressional
democrats tried to steal the 2016 election, because they didn’t write their it down. That just reeks of common sense.

Agree 100% on term
limits, would
solve a lot of problems.
For an objection to be considered, it must be submitted in writing and signed by a member of both the House and Senate. Because no senators signed onto the objections made by House Democrats in 2017, then-Vice President Biden by law denied all of the objections, repeatedly saying "there is no debate."

Night and day difference Jim, nobody broke any laws, nobody tried to influence or weaponize the DOJ, a peaceful transition of power took place. You understand now or do you want to whataboutism us to death on that point?
Old 06-24-2022, 03:34 PM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
For an objection to be considered, it must be submitted in writing and signed by a member of both the House and Senate. Because no senators signed onto the objections made by House Democrats in 2017, then-Vice President Biden by law denied all of the objections, repeatedly saying "there is no debate."

Night and day difference Jim, nobody broke any laws, nobody tried to influence or weaponize the DOJ, a peaceful transition of power took place. You understand now or do you want to whataboutism us to death on that point?

He knew that from the start he just doesn’t care ..