Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-01-2022, 10:51 AM   #241
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The GOP agenda - criminalize abortion, ban gun control, deregulate business, and pollute more - is super unpopular.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so why are so many people moving to GOP states.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:10 AM   #242
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so why are so many people moving to GOP states.
Maybe all the bigots are moving there?
Old 07-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #243
PaulS

Quote:
why bring up a vile ( and it is vile) quote from a state senator from the other side of the country? what were you trying to accomplish?

plenty of nuts in both sides.
I'm pointing out the stupid statements. What are you trying to accomplish when you start threads like this?
Old 07-01-2022, 12:04 PM   #244
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Maybe all the bigots are moving there?
maybe. or maybe it’s consistent with the fact that in 2020, a record-number of americans said they were better off after 4 years of trump, so there’s data to suggest it’s that people like conservatism more than they like radical liberalism. .
Old 07-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #245
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republican Senators on Twitter today admitting that their strategy was to pack the courts with political conservatives in order to enact an agenda that was too unpopular to pass through an elected, popularly accountable Congress.
letting state legislatures decide state issues, is the exact opposite of what you claim it is.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:46 PM   #246
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
letting state legislatures decide state issues, is the exact opposite of what you claim it is.
It’s too late for Republicans to point fingers and fret about the politicization of the Supreme Court. This was their project – their justices, their shady advocacy groups, and $580M of their dark money.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-01-2022, 02:48 PM   #247
wdmso

Quote:
If Republicans actually believed in we the people they would stop supporting trump after he stole the election !

But the We the people in their world are a small subset of white evangelicals who vote in primaries and throw cash at Republicans to make American white again….

If the red states actually cared about issue of their state they would Vote on abortion state wide , but the cowards will never put that on the ballot …. The see the polls they know the answer

It’s the only freedoms they support and they want that they care about just look at abortion legal abortion never stopped a Christian from having a baby

just like gay marriages didn’t stop Christian marriages or stop Christian husbands from beating their wife’s . Ya know the same thing that happens in marriages across race and religion and nationality

But the GOP wants America to go back to the time of leave it to beaver and grease .

Where all of today’s problems in their peas cult drive sized brains never existed

Last edited by wdmso; 07-01-2022 at 03:27 PM..
Old 07-01-2022, 03:26 PM   #248
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Like arguing with a cinder block
So you think Trump not being allowed to post on twitter is a protected right in the constitution ?

So by Trump not being allowed on a private platform is an attack on his free speech Rights !

But I am the cinderBlock .. that’s funny

And Trump trying to steal the US election is exactly what? In your view . metaphorically of course
Old 07-01-2022, 04:30 PM   #249
wdmso

GOP's Ted Cruz feuds with Elmo over kids getting COVID-19 vaccines

Cruz took to Twitter where he said Elmo "aggressively" advocates for vaccinating young children without citing scientific evidence.

Yes Ted children all through out America 0 to 5years old are demanding telling their parents Elmo told me to get the vaccine.
Ted knows who watches The show all those children the GOP claim they want to help

The show reached most young children in almost all demographic groups, most significantly economically disadvantaged children; 88% of children from low-income families and 90% of both African-American and Latino children watched the show before entering kindergarten.

Meanwhile Trumps attempted overthrow of the US election gets no attention from Ted
Old 07-01-2022, 04:47 PM   #250
wdmso

Trump Group Pays for Jan. 6 Lawyers, Raising Concerns of Witness Pressure
The former president’s political organization and allies have paid for or promised to cover legal fees for witnesses, as the House inquiry suggests he is trying to influence testimony.

But Liz hugged a woman instead of shaking hands like men do. So Something fishy in Denmark
Old 07-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #251
wdmso

Texas Paxton, has signaled that he is willing to revisit the state’s anti-sodomy law, which was struck down by the Supreme Court in 2003 to protect intimacy between same-sex partners.

When are women in Texas getting burkas
Old 07-01-2022, 07:00 PM   #252
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Texas Paxton, has signaled that he is willing to revisit the state’s anti-sodomy law, which was struck down by the Supreme Court in 2003 to protect intimacy between same-sex partners.

Relax little buckaroo, you live in Mass, you’ll be able to enjoy Pride Month any way you choose

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-01-2022, 07:40 PM   #253
Pete F.
Canceled

Stable Genius’s at work

"Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant."
Old 07-01-2022, 10:32 PM   #254
Pete F.
Canceled

Mississippi legislators openly discuss using dogs at airports to sniff women leaving the state.

The dogs can tell if a woman is pregnant.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:29 AM   #255
scottw

Quote:

Relax little buckaroo, you live in Mass, you’ll be able to enjoy Pride Month any way you choose

and now that we know that men can menstruate and get pregnant, he can still get an abortion if he chooses....

I suspect a lot of leftists out there probably think wdmso, pete, gs and paul are the fringe whackjob element of their wing....

"So, while Naomi is still a pro-choice leftist, she’s smart and intellectually honest. For that reason, she sees the Dobbs decision that reversed Roe v. Wade as an inevitable response to the overreach in which the pro-choice movement engaged:

I believe that the Dobbs decision was an almost inevitable reaction to devastating overreach by the organized pro-choice movement, especially in the last twenty years.

In 1995, Naomi admitted that abortion is the death of a child but rationalized that, in terms of women’s needs, it was still for the greater good. She also warned that the abortion movement would be harmed if it persisted in the lie that the fetus is “a clump of cells” and insisted on pushing abortion later and later into a pregnancy.
After reviewing her stance in 1995, Naomi continued:

I also warned that such mechanistic, amoral language and such increasingly monstrous policies would eventually also create a political scenario that in time was certain to lose: these policies would eventually lose us the reasonable middle: the majority of the country that supports abortion rights in the first trimester but that withdraws its support progressively as pregnancies progress.

Pro-choice activists were not content to defend the right to terminate a pregnancy in the first trimester, which are the limits on readily available abortion throughout Western Europe (where, notably, there is almost no anti-choice activism).

The organized feminist left were not content to use the language or policies that polls supported, of seeking a country in which abortion would be “safe, legal and rare.”

Rather, they pushed, in state after state, to enshrine that “right” up until very the day of a baby’s birth.

At what point does a “right” become a murder?"

Last edited by scottw; 07-02-2022 at 04:47 AM..
Old 07-02-2022, 04:59 AM   #256
Pete F.
Canceled

Three days after Dobbs, an Indiana OB-GYN got a call from a child abuse doctor in Ohio, which had banned abortion after six weeks with no rape exception.

"Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant."
Old 07-02-2022, 05:07 AM   #257
Pete F.
Canceled

Things that reduce abortions: sex education, free contraceptives, paid maternity leave, affordable childcare, free pre-K, livable wages, affordable housing, and universal healthcare.

Things that don’t reduce abortions: bans
Old 07-02-2022, 05:09 AM   #258
scottw

Quote:

Things that reduce abortions: sex education, free contraceptives, paid maternity leave, affordable childcare, free pre-K, livable wages, affordable housing, and universal healthcare.

so basically free stuff.......
Old 07-02-2022, 06:00 AM   #259
Jim in CT

Quote:

Things that don’t reduce abortions: bans
if bans don’t reduce abortions, why are you going absolutely berserk about the prospect of bans in some states?
Old 07-02-2022, 06:01 AM   #260
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so basically free stuff.......
yup. only more government can reduce abortions. Individuals are powerless to act in a way to reduce abortions.

Think of how revealing that post is. Only the government can save us from ourselves. Wow.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:05 AM   #261
wdmso

Quote:
Yep because it’s still legal in some states

Outlawing in other states is Ok

Conservatives logic hard at work making excuses

Odd the GOP supports letting Trump hitting the nation in the seat over and over .. but what happens behind a closed door in Texas omg

Last edited by wdmso; 07-02-2022 at 10:05 AM..
Old 07-02-2022, 11:17 AM   #262
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yup. only more government can reduce abortions. Individuals are powerless to act in a way to reduce abortions.

Think of how revealing that post is. Only the government can save us from ourselves. Wow.
So just how will a law against abortions stop them?
You think they were invented in 1973?
Benjamin Franklin published a book that he added a chapter to about how to abort a pregnancy.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-02-2022, 02:14 PM   #263
wdmso

It’s funny all the conservative news from Ted fighting with Elmo to Trump paying for attorneys or
“How the court overruled Roe in a case where the petition for certiorari didn’t urge that position,” then “They resolve the EPA’s authority over climate change in a case involving a regulation that had never gone into effect..

Nope none of these stories got a response

But the mention of Texas reinstating sodomy laws.. The resident Alpha males are attracted like moths to a flame with all sorts of homosexuals references and innuendo. Beating their chests and thinking their owning the libs

It fun to watch
Old 07-02-2022, 06:37 PM   #264
Pete F.
Canceled

Always projecting

Who could have imagined that Philip Gunn, MS Republican House Speaker who insists that 12-year-old girls raped by their fathers must bear their children, was personally involved in the coverup of pedophilia in the Southern Baptist Church.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:45 AM   #265
wdmso

Conservatives
Pro-life Pro-Death Sentence….Fractured Christian Theology
Old 07-03-2022, 03:39 PM   #266
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Conservatives
Pro-life Pro-Death Sentence….Fractured Christian Theology
so you’re saying an unborn baby who has had zero due process, , and a convicted murderer who has had multiple trials and appeals, are the same?

liberals say the convicted murderer has the right to live, not the unborn baby. You think that’s logical? i’ve often wondered how many bad acid trips it takes to believe that makes sense.

I’m opposed to the death penalty and to abortion, for the same reason, life is too precious.

But there’s logic to saying an unborn baby is more precious than a murderer. There’s little logic in saying the murderer has a greater right to life, than an unborn baby. You really have to hate the concept of responsibility and free will, to believe that.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:07 PM   #267
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep screaming without paying attention to the issue at the heart of the conflict.

"Do you believe, at any point in pregnancy, that there should be any limit on a woman's right to an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"I think the dialogue has gotten so caught up on when you draw the line that we've gotten away from the fundamental question of who gets to draw the line," Buttigieg said.

"And I trust women to draw the line."

Wallace pointed to late term abortions and asked Buttigieg what his position was in back-and-forth.

"You would be okay with a woman well into the third trimester to obtain an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"These hypotheticals are set up to provoke a strong emotional reaction," Buttigieg said.

"These aren't hypotheticals — there are 6,000 women a year who get an abortion in the third trimester," Wallace said.

"That's right, representing less than one percent of cases a year," Buttigieg replied. The data from 2019 appears to support his claim, according to a Los Angeles Times report.

"So, let's put ourselves in the shoes of a woman in that situation. If it's that late in your pregnancy, that means almost by definition you've been expecting to carry it to term," he went on.

"We're talking about women who have perhaps chosen the name, women who have purchased the crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or the life of the mother that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice."

"That decision is not going to be made any better, medically or morally, because the government is dictating how that decision should be made," he said.

But Jim knows better than any woman or doctor how this should be decided.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:47 PM   #268
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep screaming without paying attention to the issue at the heart of the conflict.

"Do you believe, at any point in pregnancy, that there should be any limit on a woman's right to an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"I think the dialogue has gotten so caught up on when you draw the line that we've gotten away from the fundamental question of who gets to draw the line," Buttigieg said.

"And I trust women to draw the line."

Wallace pointed to late term abortions and asked Buttigieg what his position was in back-and-forth.

"You would be okay with a woman well into the third trimester to obtain an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"These hypotheticals are set up to provoke a strong emotional reaction," Buttigieg said.

"These aren't hypotheticals — there are 6,000 women a year who get an abortion in the third trimester," Wallace said.

"That's right, representing less than one percent of cases a year," Buttigieg replied. The data from 2019 appears to support his claim, according to a Los Angeles Times report.

"So, let's put ourselves in the shoes of a woman in that situation. If it's that late in your pregnancy, that means almost by definition you've been expecting to carry it to term," he went on.

"We're talking about women who have perhaps chosen the name, women who have purchased the crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or the life of the mother that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice."

"That decision is not going to be made any better, medically or morally, because the government is dictating how that decision should be made," he said.

But Jim knows better than any woman or doctor how this should be decided.
i’m not screaming, i’m responding. the heart of the matter, the whole
matter,,is whether or not the unborn is a person. that’s all
it’s about.

I don’t truth people
to draw the line. that’s why we need laws, because some people
will draw that line to allow them
to do wicked things. Pete’s answer was a complete, total, cop out.

IF you believe the baby is a person (and you do not, which is fine), you wouldn’t trust women to draw the line where they see fit.

The left always frames this dishonestly.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:01 PM   #269
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i’m not screaming, i’m responding. the heart of the matter, the whole
matter,,is whether or not the unborn is a person. that’s all
it’s about.

I don’t truth people
to draw the line. that’s why we need laws, because some people
will draw that line to allow them
to do wicked things. Pete’s answer was a complete, total, cop out.

IF you believe the baby is a person (and you do not, which is fine), you wouldn’t trust women to draw the line where they see fit.

The left always frames this dishonestly.
I think the majority of women will argue the heart of the issue is they should have control of their own bodies and the decision is theirs. I agree with them, but I know you wil ramble on.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:25 PM   #270
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I think the majority of women will argue the heart of the issue is they should have control of their own bodies and the decision is theirs. I agree with them, but I know you wil ramble on.
they can argue that, but it’s a smokescreen. and i can prove it.

Are you ok with laws that prevent female teachers from getting involved with male students? i assume you’re ok with those laws, most people are.

in other words, we all agree women can do what they want with their bodies, as long as the choice doesn’t harm someone else. everyone agrees with that. i agree with that, so do you.

Therefore, this is t about women’s rights to make choices. all it’s about, is the status of the baby.

i dare you to make that wrong. you can’t.

ever single criminal law, limits choices people ( even women) can make.