Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 02-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
missing link

What If

What if you had one wish to do with fishing ,weather it be your catch,your tackle, boat /shore Spring -summer -fall. Day/night
live bait /dead /rubber/ wood????????????

Mine would be casting my heavy popper from shore @ my spot in Spring (early) and have the infamous swirl behind the plug let the plug sit pop it get a tap then SLAM 2' out of the water a fresh BASS sea lice and everything drag SCREEM'''Nnnnn
That's my wish
Link Sr

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
seabass
umm,the juicy sweets!!!!!

The perfect fishing day: Mid July, no wind, 80 degrees on the water, not a cloud in the sky, limit out on big bass before 9:00 am, troll up a bunch of tuna in the bay, and return to the dock at 8:00 pm with a full tank of gas! Hurry up spring!

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
seabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
missing link

SWEET

Old 02-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #4
Backbeach Jake

My perfect day: Fishing bayside N. Truro with friends, some fishermen, some not, and some never will be. Soaking sea worms, enjoying pleasant company and conversation along with a beer or two. High noon 4th of July. Rod bends double and the fight ensues. It's nearly low tide and the water is very skinny, 100 yards out it's all of 3 feet deep. Like I said we weren't focused. A HUGE striper leaps out of the water at that 100 yard mark, the fellow next to me, a commercial fisherman of 60 years, and I just look at each other. I said "Joe, did you see that?" He said "Yeah, don't mess up" All the while, about 15 people are pointing to the spot where they saw the fish. When I finally got it in it was a near 30 pounder. Pictures were taken, and praises given. I was a hero. Pissa thread.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Fred....you were a hero to me that night we were fishin'!

She was a 30 easy!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
Slingah

Mine would be at a "local" spot in October...the cold pre dawn air freezing the tip of my nose and me wondering if they will show. I'd be shifting my weight from foot to foot to keep my blood moving....casting and changing up my retrieve with a black mambo minnow...and WHACK...they are here...right on time ... same tide stage as the other nite...and I fight, land and release up to a dozen low to mid twenty pound striped beauties...thats it for me ... sun comes up and I scurry off to work.......Heaven
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #7
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

A mid-June evening.....temps a sultry 85 degrees with a gentle breeze blowing.....its midnight, half tide on the rise. I am fishing a favorite Cape beach with my best buddies (they know who they are) we are spread just far enough apart that we can still see each others silhouette under the quarter moon and the light cloudcover dims what little light that gives. The surf rolls in gentle.....you can hear the eels slapping the water as they drop......all is quiet for the first dozen casts until I see one of the guys haul back and set the hook.....I can hear the drag scream.....as I slowly crank in my eel I can feel a bump.....I stop the retrieve for a moment and sure enough, the line begins peeling from my reel. I count 3 and tighten up.....I got her on and she is big. My buddies are all landing nice fish.....25.....30 pounds.....I gain some line after the first run, not much and she is off again with a 60 yard take......I get her stopped turn her around and slowly bring her into the wash....20 feet out I see her tail thrash the water.....the tail looks huge.....the rod is almost doubled over as I keep it coming in......I let the gentle surf help me slide her up the beach and all I can think is get your hands into her gills and get her out of the wash before she throws the hook. I slide my hand under the gill plate and struggle to get the fish above the high water mark. By far the biggest striper I have caught....."looks like its at least 50" one of my buddies says as he comes over to help......the belly is like a football and the fish measures 54 inches......"man, that is a cow" one of my other buddies says.

Next morning early at the tackle shop to weigh her in....I am hopeful it clears 50 pounds.....it is my largest striper to be sure so I am happy for that. We get her on the scale and wait for the reading....."49 pounds 15 ounces" the weighmaster says Yup! Thats my luck!

Old 02-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Any morning that I get my son/daughter their 1st keeper would be the perfect morning for me.

Oh yeah there's always that Jessica Alba thing too.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #9
Krispy

20kt east wind, fog w/ 20ft visibility, 18" eel, 70yd cast, 2 a.m., 12ft of water, 44lbs of fury

Sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. - Morpheus
Krispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #10
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

Best day from shore of my life. Fish to 30# for two hours. June 28th 2005, beautiful, warm, calm, morning until......................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blitz2.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	13976  

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

Come on Mikey,show the meat hanger.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #12
MoroneSaxatilis
googan

Quote:
Originally Posted by missing link
What if you had one wish to do with fishing...
SW wind 15 kts or less anytime and everytime I take my boat out from April through November.

MoroneSaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #13
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

Yup, Sea Dangles was one of the lucky fifteen or so people that day who hung @ after what seemed to be the end of the morning bite for a few. I'll remember everybody that was there for the rest of my life. The looks on peoples faces as one after another big fish were pulled up on the shore will for ever be etched in my mind. Oh, and there were some beauties. Here's one just under 30#. I know Sea Dangles picked up one in the upper 30's. And the guy who works at the liquor store got one upwards of 50#. Not weighed, released within seconds after he got a quick picture. Here's mine, not really a meat hanger, but a sample of what the quality of the fish were in that blitz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blitz fish.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	13982  

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #14
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Thats a sweet fishy Mike.....I hear you like pencil poppers? Yellow with a white belly and a chin splashed red?

Old 02-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #15
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

nice 38 ft cabo, with topless chicks as mates and acres of bass that only it topwater

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:23 AM   #16
RI Popper
Fish "one of God's gifts to us"

Send a message via AIM to RI Popper Send a message via Yahoo to RI Popper
Oh Link my friend yu got me thinkingoke: and here it is: Drifting off the south side of Block Island on a nice warm sunny day. Sitting next to my Dad (my dad passed away 4 years ago). With each of use dragging bait but not really catching anything-- just enjoying the time together.

Armand

"Fish, just one of God's gifts to us."
RI Popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #17
missing link

Hi Armand how ya doin hope everything is fine
memories don't ever loose them
Link Sr

Old 02-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #18
RI Popper
Fish "one of God's gifts to us"

Send a message via AIM to RI Popper Send a message via Yahoo to RI Popper
thanks buddy, I'll alwayse cherish the memories of my dad. For the last few years he was minus 1 leg due to diabetes. It made it very hard for him to get around. So. we use to really enjoy sharing fishing stories near the end .

Armand

"Fish, just one of God's gifts to us."
RI Popper is offline   Reply With Quote